Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Tekkit Server

Hey so I'm actually launching a Tekkit server tomorrow (I will put it up after I'm done working, probably early evening, already have a decent seed for the level that doesn't put is in the middle of a huge forest or something)
It'll be up for a while, probably a few months, depending on how long interest stays up.

Just to give an idea, I'm running the server off of my Desktop. Quick specs below to show that I've got ample power to handle this. My Desktop is on 24/7 already anyway.
24GB RAM
Samsung 840 Pro SSD (server files are all going on this)
5mbps upload

Server IP: 70.94.255.87:25565 (default port)

You must have the most recent version of Tekkit to play. This is a NORMAL TEKKIT server, it is not Tekkit Lite, or Tekkit Classic. Getting the most recent Tekkit is super simple, just download the Technic Launcher and use that to start Minecraft. If anyone needs some quick help with this let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Some quick history and why I'm setting this up:
3 or 4 years ago I hosted a minecraft server for a group of people from GameFAQs, specifically the LUE message board there. I also briefly hosted a Tekkit server with some of them too. I've invited these people to play the new Tekkit server as well, so if there are people on there who you don't recognize, that might be why. I figure the more the merrier, and I'm confident in my ability to handle 20 concurrent connections if needed.

Ok thats all, would be nice to see some people from here poke their head in! Tekkit was always a lot of fun for me and a lot has changed from how it used to be so I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by Wafles; 09-11-2014 at 10:06 PM..
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote