Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #21
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54
Default Re: A couple names their child....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
true but being associated with someone who had tons of people killed at will just for their beliefs. his life going through school is going to be hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomango View Post
Like Lump said, most people aren't going to be like "Oh Hitler rose up to be chancellor of Germany and persuaded everyone to follow him cool". They are most likely going to be thinking "Wtf why is this kid being named after the person who directed the group that was responsible for Holocaust"
Now this is where the parents must step in. They must educate their child so that he has the ability to point out these aspects. If he is able to explain and show things such as what I mentioned, people may be forced to possibly look at Hitler in an aspect other than the one that is common. Most people are actually very uneducated on the real story behind Hitler, and he could use something like his name as educational and speaking grounds to educate the people on the good things about Hitler.

Now, if you want to argue about the holocaust severely outweighing any good Hitler has done, another educational point steps in. You could talk about the things that caused Adolf to be this demented and twisted. It was not a natural occurrence, and many people are COMPLETELY unaware of his childhood the pushed him to that point.

funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #22
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Who let fido out of his cage...?

Anyways, I guess I'll make an on-topic post.

I'm actually not surprised that this happened. There are idiots like this everywhere. Surprise.

I think these parents have yet to realize how selfish they are. They deliberately named a child Adolf Hitler, and he will now more than likely be ridiculed his entire life - unless he goes to an all Aryan school, in which he will be the all-star quarterback of the Aryan football team (called the Gestapos), get straight As, and **** all of the Aryan cheerleaders.
Har har is that still a bandwagon around here?

IMO these parents are probably the type to rebel against society and exercises their rights JUST CAUSE THEY CAN. It really is selfish. Also Aryan's didn't have anything to do with Nazi's other than the fact that they were the superior race and all other races had to be eliminated. Still doesn't mean all Aryan's were Nazi's such as the Norwegians.

EDIT: Funmonkey...there were greater leaders than Hitler...yes it is "politically correct" to do so as you're simply exorcising your right as a citizen and you can make the BS excuse that you're naming him after him because of his leadership qualities. Nobody in the right mind is going to do it for the reason you're stating. Also the things he did aren't questionable as you try to make them appear...they were appallingly horrible on an international scale. Also a poor childhood isn't an excuse to do evil things. In that case everybody should be let out of jail because "It's not their fault, something has caused them to be like this". Something always causes people to act in a certain way and you have to hold the person accountable rather than what made him/her like that.

Last edited by fido123; 12-19-2008 at 01:11 AM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #23
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Nah, no bandwagon, man. I was just having a little fun because you were pretty serious about those names. No offense intended.

EDIT: Also, fido, I think you may want to look into the connections between Aryans and Nazism a bit more deeply. They are more closely related than you seem to think.

Last edited by foilman8805; 12-19-2008 at 01:20 AM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #24
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post

EDIT: Funmonkey...there were greater leaders than Hitler...yes it is "politically correct" to do so as you're simply exorcising your right as a citizen and you can make the BS excuse that you're naming him after him because of his leadership qualities. Nobody in the right mind is going to do it for the reason you're stating. Also the things he did aren't questionable as you try to make them appear...they were appallingly horrible on an international scale. Also a poor childhood isn't an excuse to do evil things. In that case everybody should be let out of jail because "It's not their fault, something has caused them to be like this". Something always causes people to act in a certain way and you have to hold the person accountable rather than what made him/her like that.
I am in my right mind and I fully believe someone could name their child this because of his leadership abilities.

And at what point did I say the things he did were good? I am simply suggesting that the name could have some value as an educational resource to inform the people of Hitler and his life.

Also, at what point did I say he did not deserve his fate? I did not say he didn't deserve it, I said certain things in his life pushed him to that point. While, in essence, he is responsible for his own choices, certain influences can persuade his actions majorly.

And lastly, who is to say what he did is wrong? I believe it is wrong, and I would support that claim, but you have no more of a right to say his actions were not the right actions than you have the right to say your religion is the right religion. You can present your ideas and attempt to persuade people of what you believe, but you can in no way prove that what he did was wrong other than what you believe from an individual moral standpoint.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I never said he was the best leader either. I said he was a good leader. BIG difference.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #25
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Nah, no bandwagon, man. I was just having a little fun because you were pretty serious about those names. No offense intended.
Np, thought you were just hopping on the bandwagon from when I used to post like I had downs syndrome. No offense taken. And yeah, I've thought that ever since I learned about Pre-Egyptian history...good thing I'm probably not going to have any kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
I am in my right mind and I fully believe someone could name their child this because of his leadership abilities.
Can you do it? Yes
Is it a good idea? Hell no

Yes, you can and he was very intelligent and a great leader but I don't think I really have to elaborate on why you shouldn't name your son after the man who killed more than 6Million Jews...unless you really hate Jews or something.

Quote:
And at what point did I say the things he did were good? I am simply suggesting that the name could have some value as an educational resource to inform the people of Hitler and his life.
The way you worded your post made it seem like it was open for discussion weather what he did was right or wrong. I don't care if this is politically incorrect but god damn XD

Quote:
And lastly, who is to say what he did is wrong? I believe it is wrong, and I would support that claim, but you have no more of a right to say his actions were not the right actions than you have the right to say your religion is the right religion. You can present your ideas and attempt to persuade people of what you believe, but you can in no way prove that what he did was wrong other than what you believe from an individual moral standpoint.
This is around the time I stop with the political correctness. I believe so strongly that what he did was wrong, I believe anybody who thinks what he did was write is nothing more than an arrogant ignorant moron and their opinion shouldn't count. I understand what you're trying to say but as a planet I think we can say what Hitler did was completely and utterly horrible rather comfortably.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh yeah, I never said he was the best leader either. I said he was a good leader. BIG difference.
Was just saying why not name him after a better one? Although your reasoning is politically correct I don't find it realistic.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #26
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Can you do it? Yes
Is it a good idea? Hell no

Yes, you can and he was very intelligent and a great leader but I don't think I really have to elaborate on why you shouldn't name your son after the man who killed more than 6Million Jews...unless you really hate Jews or something.
If you want to argue from this point, then who is to say it matters at all? After all, it is just a name. If a man named John Smith killed 6 million jews, would that mean all the people named john smith after that are going to be the same way? No, it is just a name. Maybe the parents liked the way the named rolled off their tongues.

Quote:
The way you worded your post made it seem like it was open for discussion weather what he did was right or wrong. I don't care if this is politically incorrect but god damn XD
I would gladly discuss whether or not it is right. Once again, other than from your personal moral beliefs, you have no right to say what is right or wrong. He was a man who made decisions based on his beliefs, just like you and me. Are we wrong for that too?

Quote:
This is around the time I stop with the political correctness. I believe so strongly that what he did was wrong, I believe anybody who thinks what he did was write is nothing more than an arrogant ignorant moron and their opinion shouldn't count. I understand what you're trying to say but as a planet I think we can say what Hitler did was completely and utterly horrible rather comfortably.
You are allowed to have your beliefs. But to say someone else's decision is wrong based on them is politically incorrect. The same goes for treating them differently based on their decision as well.

Quote:
Was just saying why not name him after a better one? Although your reasoning is politically correct I don't find it realistic.
I find it perfectly realistic. If I named my child Jackie Robinson, because I admired him for HIS abilities, it would be no different than naming him Adolf Hitler based on HIS abilities.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #27
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

I read this on like Tuesday, was in my paper.
hahahahahaha
These parents are dumb, yeah sure you like the name, but guess what? No one else will except nazi terrorist fags.
Parents intellect +1
Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #28
knuckles2224
Angel Island ♥
FFR Veteran

This thread deserves an Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrekusuof93 View Post
Knuckles you're just a rebel
knuckles2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #29
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54
And lastly, who is to say what he did is wrong? ... but you can in no way prove that what he did was wrong other than what you believe from an individual moral standpoint.
I'm quite sure a good portion of any English speaking nation, the UN, and any other human rights activists, would like to argue their point to you. If you want to know who he is to say what Hitler did was wrong, wear a Nazi armband around and decorate your shirt with a Swastika for a day. Tell me how that goes.

He's not speaking from an individual standpoint, as opposed to a collective agreement on morality as human beings.

Quote:
Then why not name them after a better leader, who didn't commit genocide?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #30
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

Yeah, Hitler wasn't that bad.

I mean, look at it from a different perspective.
He was persuasive,
he was just overall seemed like a good person.
Actually, he was a good leader, in my opinion.
We need more leaders like Hitler.
I love Hitler.
Hitler is ****ing amazing.
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #31
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Hitler was pretty ****ing powerful to convince an entire country that the rest of the world was wrong and evil and end up killing millions of innocent people.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #32
fido123
FFR Player

Xiao is right. I'm talking from a collective standpoint of pretty much everybody. I really hate it when political correctness gets this far. What he did was wrong and if you're going to tell me that it's a matter of opinion you're bull****ting me. I hate this modern idea that there are not firsts or lasts or nobody is right because it's their opinion. No, Hitler was a ****ing terrible man. Yes he's allowed to have the beliefs he had but then to go commit Genocide is another story. I'm not being arrogant here, it's not politically correct but political correctness goes a little to far in our society today. Same thing goes if somebody murders somebody. Yes it's MY opinion that what he did is wrong, but killing people is wrong and if somebody says other wise they're flat out wrong.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #33
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
Hitler was pretty ****ing powerful to convince an entire country that the rest of the world was wrong and evil and end up killing millions of innocent people.
Or all the people in the country were dumb****s. Come on, he wrote a ****ing book about what he was going to do if he came into power. Everything about the Holocaust was in there and he still became chancellor.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #34
DN_Catastrophic
Cata_X
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I find it perfectly realistic. If I named my child Jackie Robinson, because I admired him for HIS abilities, it would be no different than naming him Adolf Hitler based on HIS abilities.
So you're saying that you would name your child without considering how he/she will be treated in the future just because you like that name, or admire that person? That's pretty selfish.
DN_Catastrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #35
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
He was. You and I are normal people and I bet neither of us could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
I'm quite sure a good portion of any English speaking nation, the UN, and any other human rights activists, would like to argue their point to you. If you want to know who he is to say what Hitler did was wrong, wear a Nazi armband around and decorate your shirt with a Swastika for a day. Tell me how that goes.

He's not speaking from an individual standpoint, as opposed to a collective agreement on morality as human beings.

Then why not name them after a better leader, who didn't commit genocide?
Already did. I was interested in how it would go. I drew a swastika on a picture of Obama and kept it with me all day. And I will be honest, at first people who were "Obama Fans", if you will, were very mad. But after I stated all the facts on Hitler's leadership abilities and explained that it was a remark towards his showing of possible leadership tendencies and abilities, they all calmed down. Not ONE of them thought of it in the same way.

Also, while I am perfectly aware of him and many others finding an issue with the name, they have no right to treat the child itself any differently then another child. This has been my point the whole time.

As for naming him after another leader, that is the parent's decision. Obviously, Hitler was the one they chose, and we can't change that. Maybe the parents believe the genocide was necessary, perhaps a way of controlling world over-population? And who is to say the child will not believe that? The truth is, we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSerpentine View Post

He was persuasive,
I love Hitler.
If you are going to say we need more leaders like Hitler, you need to explain which aspects of Hitler need to be present more often. If you are talking of his intellect and strategic overview abilities, or even his abilities of persuasion, I agree. If you are talking about his less appealing genocidal mentality aspect, I personally do not agree, but I will not treat you differently should you believe this would make the world better.

Quote:
Xiao is right. I'm talking from a collective standpoint of pretty much everybody. I really hate it when political correctness gets this far. What he did was wrong and if you're going to tell me that it's a matter of opinion you're bull****ting me. I hate this modern idea that there are not firsts or lasts or nobody is right because it's their opinion. No, Hitler was a ****ing terrible man. Yes he's allowed to have the beliefs he had but then to go commit Genocide is another story. I'm not being arrogant here, it's not politically correct but political correctness goes a little to far in our society today. Same thing goes if somebody murders somebody. Yes it's MY opinion that what he did is wrong, but killing people is wrong and if somebody says other wise they're flat out wrong.
But, while you believe political correctness goes too far, the fact is that it is out there and it is as far as it has gotten. You live in this same world I do and I can confidently say, you will not be able to change the way political correctness has been used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN_Catastrophic View Post
So you're saying that you would name your child without considering how he/she will be treated in the future just because you like that name, or admire that person? That's pretty selfish.
I would educate my child to the point where he could immediately start teaching anyone who questioned his name. He would be able to point out his leadership aspects. I fail to see how educating my child on a figure in history is selfish.

So next time, before you post calling someone selfish, think harder about what your actual reasoning is.

Last edited by funmonkey54; 12-19-2008 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #36
LilyPichu
FFR Player

While I can't fully agree with the name choice, I have to disagree with the refusal to decorate a simple cake for a 3-year-old. I mean, c'mon. A 3-year-old. ?_?

Also, yeah, you may be able to educate your child enough to defend his name choice, but that still wouldn't stop the antagonism he might receive. It's nice to have kept the good qualities in mind, but surely the parents would've been aware that the chance of ridicule will always be existent. I don't think the naming itself is selfish; I think their decision to override that chance is.

Last edited by LilyPichu; 12-19-2008 at 10:48 AM..
LilyPichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #37
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPichu View Post
While I can't fully agree with the name choice, I have to disagree with the refusal to decorate a simple cake for a 3-year-old. I mean, c'mon. A 3-year-old. ?_?
I had the same reaction.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #38
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

ITT funmonkey becomes a nazi sympathizer :0

dunno why you admire him so much actually. he was a pretty rubbish leader actually. powerful speaker but tactically inept and eventually lost germany the war. he was pretty much helped into power because of the rampant anti-semitism existing beforehand and because the dumb impoverished german ****s would have been desperate enough to believe someone could turn them into a master race. you seem to be swayed by propaganda too much. perhaps if he rounded up 6 million christians and gassed them you wouldn't have the same blase attitude.

go watch a holocaust documentary now!

as for the cake the people have a right to refuse to make it if it offends their belief system, whether the child was called adolf hitler or teabaggingtitty****ingcocksuckingmother****ingchrist

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 12-19-2008 at 01:53 PM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #39
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSerpentine View Post

He was persuasive,
I love Hitler.
You don't really think anybody laughs when they read the **** you spew from your keyboard, do you? And the ****ty rebuttal you're preparing along the lines of "I didn't mean it to be funny" is going to suck as much of this post. Don't ****ing bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #40
Minion133
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

gay

Last edited by Minion133; 10-10-2010 at 02:46 PM..
Minion133 is offline   Reply With Quote