Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-6-2009, 01:08 AM   #361
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman
Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu

well said afro for why u84 is 99% not a wolf. he's a smart player that is good at social engineering (lol, seriously though). there isn't a good reason why a wolf would come out as "seered green" the way he did"..... unless (I don't think anyone mentioned this) was that maybe there are only two wolves left, him and the master. so maybe this is just his way of trying to lull us into a false sense of security of him being green so that the wolves will have a chance of winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinet89 View Post

Current vote count:
u84(0.01)-mak
jwcgator(0.01)-
mak-u84, syhto, afro
afro-vic

That is all.
I know that getting phantoms doesn't necessarily mean you're human... but still... the fact that 5 people still have to vote is odd, and I think perhaps we should consider all the people who have voted already as potential wolves... though of course day still hasn't ended, so some people may be a little slow to vote (like I, admittedly, was two phases ago, and am sort of now)

at this point, I will vote a2p because I find his posts a bit defensive and forced (first post about "what do we do now that manti is dead" and the most current one defending maki). maki and a2p may both be wolves, but maki hasn't really done or said anything, imo, to be considered a wolf (though again, a2p's defense of him is kind of weird)

will change to maki I guess in case we need insta if more people don't vote
Old 11-6-2009, 01:10 AM   #362
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman View Post
well said afro for why u84 is 99% not a wolf
I meant "99% likely that he is not a wolf", not that he is 1% wolf (I dunno, I reread this a few times and think 99% not a wolf doesn't make as much sense)
Old 11-6-2009, 01:24 AM   #363
sc979
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sc979

Quote:
Originally Posted by u84 View Post
I love the skeptics! Just understand that this way made it so regardless of if I die, the psychic can, if he wishes, to come out to the other two listed greens, thus uniting them with the seer. We need this alliance to form because without someone to tell it to, a psychic's knowledge is ****.
This won't work unless jwc and fic also know who the seer is, and I sure hope the seer didn't actually do that.

If the psychic is going to come out to any of the three, it should be u84.
Old 11-6-2009, 07:22 AM   #364
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacodaman View Post
well said afro for why u84 is 99% not a wolf. he's a smart player that is good at social engineering (lol, seriously though). there isn't a good reason why a wolf would come out as "seered green" the way he did"..... unless (I don't think anyone mentioned this) was that maybe there are only two wolves left, him and the master. so maybe this is just his way of trying to lull us into a false sense of security of him being green so that the wolves will have a chance of winning.
You've tipped your hand, dude. A green would have little reason to be OPENLY skeptical after I've explained exactly why it makes sense to trust u84. Minor skepticism is healthy, but to vocally say "this might not be the case because ___________" doesn't help anyone at all, ESPECIALLY when your justification for thinking it could be wrong is COMPLETE hogwash. And obviously since you didn't vote for u84 you yourself must have trust in him, so what the **** was the point of even saying anything? Trying to sow the seeds of doubt, eh? As long as I'm here, I'll do my best to ensure such humbug won't come to sprout.

Seriously, a wolf would not ****ing fake this ****, not like this. u84's information is legit. He himself could potentially be MW, I suppose, but his information isn't a lie. He is not a red faking here, he is a person who was seer'd green and thrust into the limelight in an attempt to flush out the psychic.

But yeah, maybe tomorrow's lynch should be tupac instead of A2P. Either way, I'm not too picky.

Quote:
I know that getting phantoms doesn't necessarily mean you're human... but still... the fact that 5 people still have to vote is odd, and I think perhaps we should consider all the people who have voted already as potential wolves... though of course day still hasn't ended, so some people may be a little slow to vote (like I, admittedly, was two phases ago, and am sort of now)
lmfao

Yeah, me, syhto, u84, viccica, and makilaz are the wolves. wait, if you think Makilaz is a wolf with the other 4 of us, why aren't you voting for him?!?!?!?!?!

**** it. Later today or tomorrow, I'm going to pick through every post you've made and pull apart every little thing you said. And use it to kill you.

GG, wolf.

Quote:
will change to maki I guess in case we need insta if more people don't vote
Don't even **** around. Just vote Maki. He is the one who will die. Nothing you do regarding votes matters. Maki will go down no matter who you vote for. Better to just vote for maki and potentially save us some phantoms. We only need 6 on Maki for insta I think, and your vote plus fiction's would put us just 1 vote shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc979 View Post
This won't work unless jwc and fic also know who the seer is, and I sure hope the seer didn't actually do that.
Considering how freaking stupid this whole plan is (i.e., syhto's explanation that now the wolves have a large list of players to avoid in blue hunting) and the risk (read: payment) without major benefit...

Yeah, I'd say the seer is definitely stupid enough to have revealed himself to the other seer'd greens.

Quote:
If the psychic is going to come out to any of the three, it should be u84.
Just in case I'm wrong though, this is probably the best plan of attack. The seer's loose lips probably did have him reveal himself to the other seer'd greens, but even if not, u84 knows for sure, so if the psychic is still alive, u84 should be the primary one.
Old 11-6-2009, 10:30 AM   #365
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Minor skepticism is healthy, but to vocally say "this might not be the case because ___________" doesn't help anyone at all, ESPECIALLY when your justification for thinking it could be wrong is COMPLETE hogwash. And obviously since you didn't vote for u84 you yourself must have trust in him, so what the **** was the point of even saying anything? Trying to sow the seeds of doubt, eh? As long as I'm here, I'll do my best to ensure such humbug won't come to sprout.
I'm just thinking of all the possibilities. No one had mentioned that idea, so I threw it out there.... just because I mention something as a possibility doesn't mean that it is actually the case... thanks for trying to censor me?

Quote:
But yeah, maybe tomorrow's lynch should be tupac instead of A2P. Either way, I'm not too picky.

Later today or tomorrow, I'm going to pick through every post you've made and pull apart every little thing you said. And use it to kill you.

Ok cool, go for it? I don't see why you want to kill me so badly... last game I offered a plan you didn't agree with and you thought that as reason enough to kill me (though I was green... I wouldn't post controversial things if I was red...). Now, I offer one simple possibility that no one mentioned AFTER endorsing u84. A good player takes all possibilities into consideration, though obviously some will slip to the back of your mind if they aren't likely possibilities. Randomly trying to kill me for suggesting something that you don't agree with and that I myself mention is 1% likely is pretty dumb...

Quote:

Don't even **** around. Just vote Maki. He is the one who will die. Nothing you do regarding votes matters. Maki will go down no matter who you vote for. Better to just vote for maki and potentially save us some phantoms. We only need 6 on Maki for insta I think, and your vote plus fiction's would put us just 1 vote shy.

Again, I very very rarely get phantoms. Even if I sign up for a game and am not as active as I had hope to be, I still at least have the decency to check when phases end... I'm in my lab running subjects so I'm on a computer 24/7 and can post at any time before the phase ends in a few hours... I won't vote for maki since I don't think he's a wolf really... but I will if it will cause an insta.

and I don't see why you think it's funny that I think there are wolves among the people who have already voted... but ok
Old 11-6-2009, 11:25 AM   #366
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I actually wrote a long segmented post last night after a nice evening out and a bottle of wine. I'll try to go at it again though I'm sure it won't sound as embellished as it did before considering I'm not particularly inspired at the moment.

I really didn't want to be the one to come out and say it at the moment but it seems arfo and tupac beat me to it, and that's good - for me, anyway.

There are several problems surrounding u84's ploy, the biggest one, for me, being why would he pick bdn and myself as bait? If he was a wolf or being used by a wolf, of course. This has several implications that have been mentioned before, i.e. the wolves taking a leap of faith, counting on the seer being dead, which, by all means, is a possibility. We don't know. There's also the possibility of the wolves hiding in the open. Before we take a look at this I ask that you all take your cynic hats off and pretend I'm green for once.

If the wolves are hiding in the open (by stating that these players are indeed green) they seem, from a real green's perspective, like they're helping the wolves (themselves) by narrowing the possible wolf kill pool. This is brilliant because it draws attention away from the three people who've been listed and forces the humans to, some degree, trust them because the wolves would seem to have no interest in these players. So, I urge everyone to consider the circumstances behind me, u84 and bdn being wolves and how that would play off. As u84 stated, it'd be impossible for us all to be MWs, but we could very well be reds in the open. Gutsy? yes. Brilliant? yes. Plausible? maybe.

Of course, I don't really want to consider this but I think it's important that we all understand that it could be happening or that it would happen if other players were wolves.

Now, if what u84 claims is true I'm put in an awkward position. The question, why on earth were BDN and I listed comes to mind again because the possibility of them ****ing with us doesn't entirely escape my mind. On top of that, if it wasn't me on that list I wouldn't immediately trust anyone on it - especially if they lobbied for u84 possitively, supported him in one way or another. This would look like the player was fishing for blues and that's the last thing that BDN and I would like to appear as, I'm sure.

So what have we gained? We've gained some srot of hope. It's not retarded like syhto and others have pointed out. We at least know that either the seer/psychic are alive or that we're being ****ed with, and that's a huge step forward. All we need to do now is wait and see whether or not they contact either one of us - and I'll leave that choice to them, of course. But the thing is (and this is why this is weird) I can't tell them to do it, but the blues must contact someone or these efforts will go to waste - hell, they wouldn't even start. I'm glad arfo is already arguing that u84 should be contacted because it'd be a step forward. However, the more we argue and debate about who out of us three (BDN, U84, myself) should be contacted, the more trouble we will create for ourselves. And we surely don't want to appear segregated right now. Plus, we'd be influencing the wolves and we don't want our pointman to be killled if he were to be contacted.

So, stop talking about who should be contacted - do it on AIM, and watch out who you're talking to.
Old 11-6-2009, 11:30 AM   #367
Panda Express
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Panda Express

Not sure I've voted yet, so safetying Viccica until I get a chance to read through everything. Might not be on for a few days. Feeling horrible, possible teh swine.
Old 11-6-2009, 11:31 AM   #368
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I also don't agree with arfo stating that the wolves would offer us a "red" to lynch because the arguments given by a real red and a very very pissed off green are going to be different. If everyone's green then what's the big deal?

On top of that, they'd need to know whether or not the seer is dead for them to give us someone to lynch. Otherwise, the seer's hand would be forced and he'd have to do something about it. I don't know, contact one of his seered greens and get information rolling around. Chances are that a blue would act more reactively than proactively.

Which brings me back to why the reds didn't offer us someone to lynch. It wouldn't make a difference now would it? They're offering us seerings, confirmed seerings. The seer would do something about it regardless.

So, the seer is either dead or u84 is actually speaking the truth.
Old 11-6-2009, 11:32 AM   #369
FictionJunction
FFR Player

and tupac needs to stop bitching about getting killed last game.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:03 PM   #370
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Going to go with mak for the sake of saving us phantoms... How many more do we need? (Vote update, clari)

One more voting phase goes by with votes for the sake of saving phantoms I swear to god.... -.-

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-6-2009, 01:05 PM   #371
FictionJunction
FFR Player

not good enough. I want people to vote because they have opinions.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:06 PM   #372
Viccica
FFR Player

I don't like this plan, btw. What happens if a wolf counterclaimed and outed a wolf buddy in order to nab the psychic?

x,x

Sure, it mixes things up but defeats the purpose of.. y'know... Trying to win

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-6-2009, 01:07 PM   #373
Viccica
FFR Player

My opinion is that Afro and Tupac are way mroe likely targets. So I'm in full support of grilling them next phase...

For now well... With 5 people that haven't voted my opinion isn't as important as avoiding more phantoms.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-6-2009, 01:15 PM   #374
FictionJunction
FFR Player

bull****. even if you are legit, that gives wolves enough justification to pull safety/bandwaggon votes allowing them to hide in the open.

in other words, you're killing us. phantoms or not, you're killing us.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:16 PM   #375
FictionJunction
FFR Player

and why arfo and tupac?

did you not see that discussion they had just now? Do you really think they're faking that? their relationship has been clearly established.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:20 PM   #376
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I don't think either of us is a wolf... but we'll see what arfo has to say once he's broken down all my comments

but seriously... I just think he misinterpreted what I said. but we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
and why arfo and tupac?

did you not see that discussion they had just now? Do you really think they're faking that? their relationship has been clearly established.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:23 PM   #377
FictionJunction
FFR Player

no, no.. tupac, you misunderstood me. I meant the two of you can't be wolves together. If I had to pick, it'd be you.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:26 PM   #378
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I would just like to make this clear, I'm not afraid of putting my sense of judgment on the line, if I'm wrong then arfo is just good at what he does.

Arfo is not a wolf because manti died n1. He would not kill manti night1 no matter what he says. I believe he would counter any and every point anyone makes just for the sake of doing it, but I also know he has principles - killing manti n1 would go against everything he thinks this game stands for. Plus, I'm sure he enjoys the challenge. In other words, he would wolf manti no problem, just not night1.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:28 PM   #379
FictionJunction
FFR Player

viccica, panda, makilaz, tupac/sc..? if not emerald.
Old 11-6-2009, 01:29 PM   #380
FictionJunction
FFR Player

**** this game. I'm done.
Closed Thread