Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #7001
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Yahoo to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Skype™ to Sinister Delight.
Default Re: League of Legends

Hadn't played Morg in a while. Rolled faces somehow. Guess their buff to her was nice lol. Got a quadra also .
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #7002
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
Though last time I played with you I remember you saying you were incapable of jungling so good on you to get past that.
I got past it to the point where I jungle more games than any other role because lol people. I still prefer to play mid the most where I just wreck face with Lux, But lately I've fallen to relearning annie. She's hella fun
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #7003
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Karthus?
dps means AD to me because APs have cooldowns. Ironically you almost got me there because Karthus technically has an auto attack spell.

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #7004
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My god qtpie's stream is fucking amazing

the guy is basically an IRL troll, he trolls in game, his chat is full of amazing trolls, his manager is a troll, he duos with other people who troll

its splendid entertainment, also he's a damn good player even while trolling

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-10-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #7005
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Trying to get better with Sivir. Fun counter against Caitlyn haha!

Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #7006
hi19hi19
lol happy

Eventually I think you will get Caits who realize to stop putting down "free mana" cupcakes. Or worse, bait you with a cupcake that will put you out of position if you go to collect mana from it.
Sivir's E still counters Cait's Q and R nicely though, both have long animations...

Question: how do you level Sivir's skills? W first and just push Cait back? Q and try to out-poke her? And how are you fighting her range?
From my experience as Cait vs. Graves and Quinn (other low range ADCs, I honestly haven't seen an enemy Sivir ever) it doesnt really matter what they do, I can just force them out of lane with autoattacks alone. Like she doesn't even need any skills to be a lane bully, her Q is just icing on the cake...
I imagine that would be the case with Sivir too unless you are some kind of god at landing your boomerang blade? Or their Cait was just not abusing the 150 range advantage well? idk

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-11-2013 at 04:55 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #7007
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to TwistedPhoenix

"Hey Sivir, I'm about to snipe you. Prepare to die, LOL!"

"Faq u Caitlyn" *spellshield*

"O no, she got away. Maybe if I try sniping her again later it'll work!"

Oh pubs, you never fail to amuse me.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #7008
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

sivir counters everything below 2k elo

not even kiddin
Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #7009
intensez
FFR Player

what makes you say that?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #7010
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
sivir counters everything below 2k elo

not even kiddin
I dunno, Ryze and Evelynn come to mind as two champs that Sivir doesn't really counter all too much. Depends on what the circumstances are, but usually those two just pop her spellshield and leave her sitting there. Ryze's cage is instant, so it's not like she can wait for him to being casting it and then shield before it goes out. A Ryze with half a brain would just Q it away then W. And then Evelynn also Q's away the spellshield; probably wouldn't even notice it.

Plus, there's people like Fiora, who only really rely on their skills to get them in and then commence the rapefest. Karthus is another guy, skittles everywhere and then the rest of the damage comes from his AoE.

If we're just talking about laning, then yeah, Sivir pretty much counters any low elo player. The champs I'd pick if I were against Sivir would have to be Draven, Trist, or Vayne, since just about all their damage comes from autoattacks.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #7011
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player

Quote:
Eventually I think you will get Caits who realize to stop putting down "free mana" cupcakes. Or worse, bait you with a cupcake that will put you out of position if you go to collect mana from it.
Sivir's E still counters Cait's Q and R nicely though, both have long animations...

Question: how do you level Sivir's skills? W first and just push Cait back? Q and try to out-poke her? And how are you fighting her range?
From my experience as Cait vs. Graves and Quinn (other low range ADCs, I honestly haven't seen an enemy Sivir ever) it doesnt really matter what they do, I can just force them out of lane with autoattacks alone. Like she doesn't even need any skills to be a lane bully, her Q is just icing on the cake...
I imagine that would be the case with Sivir too unless you are some kind of god at landing your boomerang blade? Or their Cait was just not abusing the 150 range advantage well? idk
Well I don't normally play Sivir, but when I do, I start with Q, put a point for E, max Q and then depending on how much I needed the spell shield, place points on E or W. I like Sivir for many reasons. It's really easy to clear minion waves with her W and Q combo. It's also fun to toss the boomerang in a position where the enemy is likely to go, especially if they are running away.

Also, I played my first ten ranked games. Ended up with Bronze I. Hopefully I will get promoted to Silver V, but I need a lot to work on. Anyone have any tips generally speaking, especially for ADC/Support? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #7012
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Karthus?
Quick press R!

Also, the LCS matches were a good treat today. I was getting soooooo pissed at watching Saint just mess around during the Complexity game.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #7013
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
Also, I played my first ten ranked games. Ended up with Bronze I. Hopefully I will get promoted to Silver V, but I need a lot to work on. Anyone have any tips generally speaking, especially for ADC/Support? Thanks.
I am Silver V and have no motivation to solo queue in ranked lol
We should duo, I mostly support but I really enjoy ADC and mid, and I am a (barely) passable jungle. Only role I don't really like is top, I can do it but I don't enjoy it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Also, the LCS matches were a good treat today. I was getting soooooo pissed at watching Saint just mess around during the Complexity game.
Saint with the 400 ELO minion toss on Volibear...
Good thing his team carried him, especially Jacky and Cop had beautiful positioning in teamfights. Jacky also barely got poked the entire game, amazing mechanics against a pretty heavy poke team that Complexity had. He is the reason Curse held off the mid tower pushes so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Quick press R!
People say that about Karthus because his ult is so obvious, but most of his damage comes from Q and E. His Q actually takes decent mechanical skill, you really notice the difference between a Karthus that hits his Qs and one that misses some. Not saying it's rocket science but Karthus is waaay more than his R.
Similar to Syndra and Cassiopeia, so much focus on the ults when it's the Qs that will get you.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-11-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #7014
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Brb being bad at this game.

Cant.... win... ever...

Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7015
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Well I don't normally play Sivir, but when I do, I start with Q, put a point for E, max Q and then depending on how much I needed the spell shield, place points on E or W. I like Sivir for many reasons. It's really easy to clear minion waves with her W and Q combo. It's also fun to toss the boomerang in a position where the enemy is likely to go, especially if they are running away.

If you like Sivir, a lot of people underestimate her.
Just remember... She can be built like an Ezreal. When she autos she gains bonus movement giving her good kiting, BUT her range is shorter than most.
when I say Ezreal I mean her W has a really short cooldown at max rank, meaning you can proc a Trinity with it for maximum damage.
She counters most supports with stuns like Taric, Blitz, Thresh, Leona, and to be honest... That's most of the supports that people pick in ranked. Rush blitz if not banned or grab Taric. Her Q has REALLY long range and you can use it to hit people while being safe from turret range and more importantly even blitz grabs.
She's one of my top ADCS since 1 spell shield can completely ruin a ADC when trying to 1v1.
varus, ez, graves, cait, ashe.
If you can get the spell shield on lock and know when to time it for ults, stuns, etc. You may very well easily climb up to gold!

BEST OF LUCK!
If you'd like I enjoy practicing in normals against the enemy and wouldn't mind supporting to help you. c:
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7016
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Quote:
Awe man, I love playing support! Best feeling in the world when you land your CC and your carry gets a double kill.

First off: WARD DAT SHIT BRAH. 75g is a small price to pay to keep your lane safe! And be sure to ward in the right places for which side you're on. Blue side should really consider warding tri-bush if the lane is pushed hard. If their support is someone that likes to sit in the bush, ward the bush. There's nothing funnier to me than when I play Leona and their support fails to ward their bush. The doubles come so easy after that. Also, remember that gold is your secondary objective. Your primary is to keep your carry alive and to help them get kills. Do your best to let them get the last hit for a kill. Another thing is to zone out their carry and prevent them from farming. You need to have presence in the lane, and have to apply pressure. If you're someone like Taric or Leona, make sure that you stay close, but not so close that you get poked. You want them to be very cautious about how they CS, and be ready to punish them if they extend too far. Supports like Sona and Lulu should try poking them when they go for a last hit. Also, be wise with your skills. Unless you've built up a lot of mana regen, you can't be using your skills at every hint of a fight, or be needlessly poking with them. You should have enough for at least one move that will allow your carry to escape. And for your items, it's highly recommended to get a gp10 item early for maximum effect, then continue on with a build that benefits your team the most. While the tank ought to be the one to build a Runic Bulwark, don't be afraid to do so yourself. It adds a bit more tankiness to you, giving you more survivability in fights. And if you have items with actives like the Twin Shadows or the Shard of True Ice, be sure to use them! They have cooldowns and are reusable. It's better to have used them for minimal effect rather than not use them at all. And when a fight rolls around, you want to be in a position where you can assist your team and protect your carry. The ADC is the number one priority, and if you have to die to keep them alive, do so.

I really don't know much about other roles. All I can say for an ADC is to do your best to get as much CS as possible, and to HAVE GOOD POSITIONING! You are not a big beefy bruiser, you are a squishy carry. You also have good damage, so you can arrive a second or two behind everyone else to a fight and still win it. You may get some good shots off in the front, but you'll be killed so fast your head will spin. Don't go balls deep into them unless they're routed and have no chance of winning the fight.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #7017
hi19hi19
lol happy

TIP: As ADC, there is nothing wrong with hitting their tank(s), if that's all you can do safely.

If I had a dime for every time someone in solo queue yelled at me for "attacking the Volibear wow noob Cait focus their MF pls" when I had nobody to peel for me and was forced to kite... sometimes you hit the tank because that's all you can do, your #1 priority is to STAY ALIVE while doing damage. Hitting the tank is better than being dead.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #7018
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

ook hold on,

part of playing adc is learning to position properly

if you ever get caught as an adc by ryze you are playing the game wrong, this statement includes ryze flash initiates because as an adc it is your job to keep mental positioning checks on every enemy on the map and their flash initiate ranges

same goes for if you ever get spell shield popped by eve q or basically what I'm trying to say is, if you're playing sivir in low elo there is no way that an enemy team should be able to corner you and force a wasted spell shield (with the sole exception of j4 the only way to get out of that shit is flash)

sivir also has the highest level 3 burst of any adc and if your support plays aggressively (as useful shit like thresh and not soraka) and you arent fucking bad you can at minimum force a flash at 2-3 and if your skirmish is near your tower the 50ms passive from hitting champs means flash wont mean shit

if enemy flash is down and you picked up a kill you can even buy an extra pink ward to help your support set up your jungler ganks, if they play hyper defensively just fuck their tower into nothing

the only possible adc you can lose against is draven and even then if you just play defensively and waveclear there's not much he can do

i mean i can smurf at gold 1 and solo bot lane while my support roams and flat out win my lane in 2v1 and just annihilate the rest of the game

I had a 78% winrate with sivir after 40 games last season and i'm 15-0 with sivir across my smurfs this season so yeah

i mean ultimately it comes down to whether or not you're bad but if you play sivir properly in low elo nobody really knows how to deal with it and it's basically free wins
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #7019
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Still positive, still loose. And another demotion. Never gonna get back to Sii lol

Anyone have any advice? Like legit advice on how to improve I don't know anymore lol

Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #7020
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player

Okay thank you all for the helpful tips! I mainly play with Caitlyn and Ezreal as adcs, but picking up someone else especially Sivir and Vayne, isn't a bad idea. My positioning and map awareness definitely needs work overall. I think that can only be fixed by playing more games.

Thanks again! Feel free to add WirryWoo if you guys are up for some practice games! (:
Closed Thread