Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #201
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

what the fuck am I reading

who cares about styles? can we save that talk for IMs or for postgame please? this discussion isn't productive.

ok James what I got out of your response to my post was that you would lynch Xiz because he said a couple things you think are sketch and because he hasn't said anything that looks very human to you. ok. why did it require a prompt from me for you to talk about anyone other than yourself?

does anyone else want to lynch Riotpolice or am I alone on that?
Old 11-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #202
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
what the fuck am I reading

who cares about styles? can we save that talk for IMs or for postgame please? this discussion isn't productive.

ok James what I got out of your response to my post was that you would lynch Xiz because he said a couple things you think are sketch and because he hasn't said anything that looks very human to you. ok. why did it require a prompt from me for you to talk about anyone other than yourself?

does anyone else want to lynch Riotpolice or am I alone on that?
Because you're the only one that hasn't rambled on about how I play.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #203
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Welcome to the internet.

Alright, I'll just stop there. Do you just stop there for a moment and just think for a second on what the fuck you are trying to say? Anyhow, I guess I'll just put on my "nice" cap on since people love to take meta too seriously even though it's a useless measurement of legitimacy. The question wasn't directed to meta, just at the motion of you complaining at me now instead of before, which you did not answer.

But whatever, take it as a grain of salt, and when you see that you guys made a mistake in lynching me then you'll feel pretty much stupid for even voting for me in the first place.

Anyhow, time for "Mr. Nice James" that everyone knows in the chatroom.
I haven't complained about it until now because of a) how exaggerated and excessive it's been this game, and b) because I'm not the most prolific/articulate poster most of the time. I usually try to step up my game each time, but i usually lose interest or something. This time I've got more or less all the time in the world, and I'm actually really interested this game because of that.

And I'm not saying that I or anyone else is trying to use meta against you. I'm saying that YOU are using meta for your own personal gains, and I think you're doing a terrible job of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #204
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
And I'm not saying that I or anyone else is trying to use meta against you. I'm saying that YOU are using meta for your own personal gains, and I think you're doing a terrible job of it.
umm...okay. Can we just veer back into topic and have a productive discussion and leave this for Skype tonight?

Old 11-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #205
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Today is the last day of the phase. If anything, we should be moving from skype chats into the thread, to bring everyone together and to a consensus. We want conversations and opinions brought to light now, not kept in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #206
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Okay, how is it that my posts are "wolfy"?
Because day 1 lynches (especially when the game starts on a day phase) are entirely based on discussion and you refused to respond when charu and thesunfan tried to make you a topic of that discussion.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #207
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
Because day 1 lynches (especially when the game starts on a day phase) are entirely based on discussion and you refused to respond when charu and thesunfan tried to make you a topic of that discussion.
oy vey...

Quote:
Would you really take the time to defend if someone just posts a vote against you without any reasoning? No. You just assume that its a random vote and move on with your life
seems like you missed it. But the point I'm trying to make is that even if its to warrant discussion, there still needs to be reasoning to pull up a discussion. Charu's reasoning were floaty, speculative. sunfan's was just bandwagoning off of Charu. could they be masons? probably. could they be wolfmates? probably. it could be that each and every one of you guys are wolves and just manipulating my posts to be placed against me. Anyhow, before I go off topic with my post, I will say this: definitely there's at least a wolf or two in the bunch that's voting against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymia View Post
Today is the last day of the phase. If anything, we should be moving from skype chats into the thread, to bring everyone together and to a consensus. We want conversations and opinions brought to light now, not kept in the dark.
But this discussion is going way off topic so it should be saved for outside the thread and not be cluttered.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #208
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I agree that we need more ITT thread discussion, but disagree that we need to keep talking about Mr. May.

Quite frankly, I've been trying to be a nicer guy this game. But James, I think your play at this point is stupid. Sorry. I can't understand why on earth you've been posting the way you have been. But this is beating a dead horse. At least you're finally starting to defend yourself.

I personally would like to hear more from Silvuh as well. Where you at? You don't wanna talk to me on Skype about the game, you haven't talked much ITT. After the first game, you promised that you would post more in future games, (which I kinda suggested you keep your pattern, but I don't think I convinced you too well). Where you at?

Also, I may or may not have more on Xiz later. He's been playing the weirdest game I have ever seen with me on Skype.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #209
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
this discussion isn't productive.
I disagree. James has been the closest to getting lynched for a while now, and now we have a 30+ post conversation with and about him to further judge our readings on.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #210
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I may or may not have more on Xiz later. He's been playing the weirdest game I have ever seen with me on Skype.
This is what I'm getting on about Xiz. It's not like he's being wolfy, but at the same time he's not really being townish...

Quote:
Quite frankly, I've been trying to be a nicer guy this game. But James, I think your play at this point is stupid. Sorry. I can't understand why on earth you've been posting the way you have been. But this is beating a dead horse. At least you're finally starting to defend yourself.
I concur with what you are saying, this is stupid...but people (ymia & pnt) are being persistent with this trivial matter, all I'm just trying to do at this point is start up a different discussion before it just becomes a point of meta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnt
I disagree. James has been the closest to getting lynched for a while now, and now we have a 30+ post conversation with and about him to further judge our readings on.
more like you and ymia bantering about my play instead of discussing...

Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #211
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
but it's not about votes, or player associations, or levels of aggression, or levels of activity, or ideas presented. all I'm seeing is James saying "youre only voting me cuz you dont like the way i play!!!" and you/YMIA saying "well thats dumb so I want to lynch you."

neither of these things are interesting to me.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #212
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Hey Silvuh, I see you checking the thread. I do hope you share your thoughts on this to everyone.

Are you still sitting on a Funnygurl vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #213
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

talking to him on Skype, he's currently making a big one.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #214
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

most recent official vote tally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post

Xiv -> thesunfan
FoJar -> dAnceguy117
James May -> Gradiant
thesunfan -> Charu
FoJar -> pntballa18
pntballa18 -> Riotpolice
dAnceguy117 -> Netjet!
Gradiant -> Riotpolice
yo man im awesome -> Xiv
funnygurl555 - Riotpolice
dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
thesunfan - James May
Svaz - funnygurl555
mellonxcollie - Xiv
James May - funnygurl555
funnygurl555 - pntballa18
Xiv - Charu
Charu - James May
Silvuh - funnygurl555
pntballa18 - Gradiant
pntballa18 - Gradiant
Riotpolice - Gradiant
Gradiant - James May
Xiv - James May
dAnceguy117 - Xiv
thesunfan - yo man im awesome
FoJar - pntballa18
dAnceguy117 - mellonxcollie
pntballa18 - FoJar
mellonxcollie - dAnceguy117
dAnceguy117 - FoJar
James May - Xiv
Netjet! - Svaz
pntballa18 - mellonxcollie
dAnceguy117 - Riotpolice
mellonxcollie - pntballa18
yo man im awesome - James May

(1) Riotpolice - Gradiant, funnygurl555, dAnceguy117, dAnceguy117
(1) Xiv - yo man im awesome, mellonxcollie, dAnceguy117, James May
(0) thesunfan - Xiv
(0) Charu - thesunfan, Xiv
(0) dAnceguy117 - FoJar, mellonxcollie
(0) Netjet! - dAnceguy117
(2) Funnygurl555 - Svaz, James May, Silvuh
(0) Silvuh - ~
(3) pntballa18 - FoJar, funnygurl555, FoJar, mellonxcollie
(1) mellonxcollie - pntballa18
(4) James May - thesunfan, Charu, Gradiant, Xiv, yo man im awesome
(1) Svaz - Netjet!
(1) Gradiant - James May, pntballa18, Riotpolice
(1) yo man im awesome - thesunfan
(0) FoJar - pntballa18, dAnceguy117
vote changes since then:

pntballa -> James
sunfan -> Silvuh

so the votes have been pretty frozen lately, and the James wagon has picked up more steam.

what do you all think? are we headed for a d1 breakthrough? have James's wolf buddies given up on him already?

or are we a few hours from a mislynch?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #215
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

@dance: Can't really tell if this vote is going to be good or bad at this point. I don't like the way james is playing his game, and it's really frustrating for me to see him not change his style. I only see two [**mostlikely**] outcomes that could come of this:

• If he is a wolf, good for us. James, your arguments were really shitty and they made you look like the wolf you are.

• If he is a human and this is a mislynch, that's very sad because we are wasting an excellent opportunity to lynch a wolf. I've read enough in the thread to see that this is how he plays every game. Come on James, you can be helpful to us still! Just change your posting habits man, that's all 'ya gotta do! Don't give excuses as to why you aren't switching or I'm thinking you'll probably be seen as a fine candidate to be lynched early in future games.

• [**If he is blue, then we're going to hear from him in about 3 hours.**]
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #216
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Well right now, I'm waiting on Silvuh. My thoughts have not changed on James, but there is a possibility that the wolves are using my suspicions to get at a free player. However, similar possibilities exist in which the wolves can't help him so they're forced to get him because of his actions.

I strongly feel that having a lynch on James will open some possibilities if he's a player or not. If he's a player, then that means the sandbaggers indeed did jump on him and I will be looking at the players that have jumped.

If he's a sandbagger, then one or even two sandbaggers are bussing him this early to appear more like a player and potentially make us waver if they're sincere or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #217
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

I actually believe James May is not on the red team. I mean, if this really is his normal playing style, then if you think about it, he's not any more fishy than the rest of us.

It looks like James is being voted on just because people don't like how plays. I get that it's Day 1 and everything, but we may be making a huge mistake if he's actually on the blue team.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #218
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
...but there is a possibility that the wolves are using my suspicions to get at a free player.
For this exact reason, I am very hesitant on voting for him. This may be what the wolves want, and this could easily be lead into a mislynch so that we don't lynch one of the wolves. I don't like the feeling of voting for James, it's just way too damn easy for us to bandwagon on him just because of his noisy posting.

Then again, I could be wrong and we are looking at a really bad wolf with shitty posting...
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #219
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Woops, I keep forgetting to stick to the theme, damnit!!

Quote:
Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #220
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I just got back from class right after thesunfan called me out, wonderful timing, rawr~

Some responses to posts that have been made today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Have you [Xiz] really been paying attention to the thread? I don't think so. And what is it about Dance that "rubs you the wrong way"? You can't just say that and not tell us why.
You're undermining the power of not revealing one's motives. Not saying why can be a good strategic move, because it affects the responses you get.

Quote:
To me it seems like [James May is] a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."
Ohh. When you mentioned this earlier, I took it as saying that if he acts awkward in the beginning of the game and continues to act awkward later, then he would use that to say that being called out as a wolf hasn't affected his play at all ... which would hide the fact that he's a wolf in this game. So I was confused about why you thought this was a reason for him to be human, but that clarified it.

I don't think it warrants a lynch on James right now. The meta talk may be obnoxious, but it didn't phase me as being suspicious.

Quote:
[Xiz] doesn't give out anything that suffices villa points on him, but at the same time doesn't give off anything that veers him off to the wolf radar. I'm just going by the fact that I would rather lynch someone that I am uncertain of being either villa/wolf than just picking someone out blindly at random (the exception is that there is SUBSTANTIAL and SUFFICIENT evidence/reasoning pitting player x as a wolf).
This is a good point. If we randomly lynch someone who hasn't spoken up, all we get is a color. If the person hadn't been acting suspicious, we'll be more likely to question if the player was the miller or MW.

This kind of goes back to the assumption that the lynching target will be between the people who have spoken up and have said suspicious things. If all the wolves (but not the whole town) have spoken up, that's great, because we have a smaller pool of people to choose from with more wolves in it. But we don't know how many wolves are in the pool. So although expanding the pool will dilute the proportions of wolves, what it does is ensure that there are actually wolves there in the first place. And after getting everyone to speak up, we have the opportunity to trim the pool (welp, mixed metaphor) properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Hey Silvuh, I see you checking the thread. I do hope you share your thoughts on this to everyone.

Are you still sitting on a Funnygurl vote?
When I was first able to read the thread Sunday night, those latest posts of Funnygurl's—her defense of her first vote—struck me as being badly thought out. It could have been inexperience with the game or just not taking the time to think things through ... I hoped she would step her game up, but she promptly played the sympathy card (which James sympathized with) and vanished, not putting any more thought into the matter.

So I am still suspicious of her, but in attempt to get some more people to contribute, I'd like Netjet! to share some thoughts.

P.S. It's time to watch Jeopardy! now, and then I need to go to campus to print out, sign, scan, and send some important paperwork. So I'm posting what I have and will be back a little later.