Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Thumbs down Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

Ok, I'm going to do my best to explain what I did and why just so I can clear everything up for those that are against what I did.

First to understand what I did, you have to understand what I knew. I knew and accepted this for fact.

We have 6 players alive.

James has come to me and told me he and sage are blues. I accept this as fact because I have no reason not to.

Rzr is green. I knew this because of what danceguy tried to pull. I think at some point James was weary if rzr because he thought he might be red. I attempted to convince him otherwise, poorly I'm sure. There is absolutely NO way in hell two wolves would ever go in on an idea like that. There is no reason to sacrifice 1/3rd of your team for no gain.

I am green. Obviously I knew that. I don't think at any point in this game I did anything that would have been considered wolf like to that point in the game. If I did, do tell me because I would like to learn what to avoid.

Now logically this left the 2 reds, which when James came out to me told me that we had 2 reds left alive.

Simple process of elimination left the wolves to be bynary and netjet.

Those are all the things I considered to be true and fact.

Now, the post that I revealed out blues in.

The sole purpose of that post was to get reactions from bynary or netjet in an attempt to solidify my assumptions on roles. Sure it was full of holes, the bulk of it served no purpose to me. What I wanted to find out was when you were faced with that kind of info, how would you react? If you think about it from any other persons stand point, process of elemination should have told you something. Which means bynary and netjet should have assumed I was callin them wolves.

What are you going to do then? Bynary knew everything I knew thanks to James. If he wanted to convince me otherwise that he was not a wolf, he would have done something dramatic like counterclaim a blue, or attempt to switch blame to me or rzr. He reacted like most people do when someone does something "stupid" like reveal roles. He took all of my post, broke down everything and had something to say about it all. I think you went a little overboard but that is me. I think when people go that hard, they are hiding something, again, maybe just me.

With how he reacted and netjet not saying anything, I had all the proof I needed. Yes, it's been pointed out I didn't do a fantastic job of tryin to convice anyone of shit. That's fine, lets stop beating the dead horse. I gave James the facts. I told him to sit there and think about it and he would see what I was telling him to be the truth. The problem with that is bynary made such a huge deal about telling the thread who the blues were and I'm guessing James lapped that up.

Here is why your roles were irrelevant at that point in the game and beyond.

If you had sat there and thought about what I told you, you would know that the seer role meant nothing at that point in the game. Yes, he seered netjet, but with process of elimination and logic, you could have already known that, meaning sage had technically just became a regular human. James, being the coroner would know who people were after they died, awesome power. Follow the same train of logic with sage and you find that your power no longer meant anything. You also became a regular human.

People were too caught up in the fact that "blue" had been putted when in reality, everyone should have known what everyone was at that point. Roles did not matter. It was 4 humans against 2 wolves. Don't get me wrong, your powers were needed for a majority of the game, but at a point, they become moot.

Vote rushing. Awesome tactic, worked like a charm. I get it when going for a wolf, but vote rushing that late in the game, where one wrong step means game over and you are uncertain as to what someone's role is? Not good. James, you were the swing vote. That is why sage died and not you. In my opinion, your role was more valuable to us at that point in the game then sages. They killed sage because bynary knew he could get you to vote with him and quick. Gotta take time to think things through. Didn't even try to contact me to ask me anything. Had you not rushed with them, voting would have been even with me and rzr voting for the same person and bynary and netjet voting me. You were the swing with a quick trigger finger.

Hopefully that clears things up for some of you. Good job to the wolves. It was our game to loose and you capitalized brilliantly.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #22
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default Re: jTWG LXIII: Good Morning Benjamin POST-GAME

On the part about sage, there's no way we wolfed him before James because his role was unimportant. We were scared because we knew that Sage was going to seer one of us, so we had to kill him to ensure whatever chance we had that you didnt know our roles was still there. James was supposed to die next, but then your posts changed the direction and allowed us an easier win.

And no, bynary would have voted me in the event that we didnt have a "swing vote" (James in this case), solidifying his human role to you guys. Then he would go for the win.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
On the part about sage, there's no way we wolfed him before James because his role was unimportant. We were scared because we knew that Sage was going to seer one of us, so we had to kill him to ensure whatever chance we had that you didnt know our roles was still there. James was supposed to die next, but then your posts changed the direction and allowed us an easier win.

And no, bynary would have voted me in the event that we didnt have a "swing vote" (James in this case), solidifying his human role to you guys. Then he would go for the win.
^ This - especially the part about voting to lynch NetJet. He and me agreed that if it came down to it, I was to vote to lynch him in order to boost my credibility as a human...of course, this was before Gun's posts, so yeah.

By the way, I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from Manti yet.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #24
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Only a few things from me about this game.

1. Missed seerings on n1 and n2 by me and Sage were a big reason for this loss. I completely forgot I had a nighttime obligation to seer.

2. James, as a blue you shouldn't have outed Sage to anyone. Not Bynary, not Gun. nobody save you should have known he was a blue. The additional seering (which would have been on Gun/Bynary) probably would have won the game.

3. Netjet was a fairly obvious wolf, had I not have been seered N1 I likely would not have died N2. Netjet was my Seeree N2, but I never told James I was suspicous of Netjet. My mistake there. L-L-Lucky. I should have went forward with my plan of coming out as the coroner.

4. Gun, we talked about this already, so this isn't really directed at you. It's directed at the other players. Humans, you really have to know where you're at in the game.

Night 4, two wolvesleft:
If Gun was a wolf, he would not have spilled his guts in the thread during the night phase. He would have held the information, wolved sage and gone "DAMN THOSE LUCKY WOLVES" to your faces. Then he would have sat back, waited for one misplaced vote to jump on and won it.

Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve, and it'll be a lot more difficult for wolves like Bynary to abuse you. James, you saw Gun post in the thread and you felt betrayed, got mad, let bynary fuel that anger and never thought once about Gun's words.

Thats a huge mistake I hope you learn from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-16-2013 at 11:26 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #25
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
3. Netjet was a fairly obvious wolf, had I not have been seered N1 I likely would not have died N2. Netjet was my Seeree N2, but I never told James I was suspicous of Netjet. My mistake there. L-L-Lucky. I should have went forward with my plan of coming out as the coroner.
I'll be honest that I had almost no time to play the game because of school, and I agree with you. I felt that I was going to be targeted as a wolf, easily.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Ha ha. Manti posts and everyone clams up. Awesome
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #27
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Only a few things from me about this game.

1. Missed seerings on n1 and n2 by me and Sage were a big reason for this loss. I completely forgot I had a nighttime obligation to seer.

2. James, as a blue you shouldn't have outed Sage to anyone. Not Bynary, not Gun. nobody save you should have known he was a blue. The additional seering (which would have been on Gun/Bynary) probably would have won the game.

4. Gun, we talked about this already, so this isn't really directed at you. It's directed at the other players. Humans, you really have to know where you're at in the game.

Night 4, two wolvesleft:
If Gun was a wolf, he would not have spilled his guts in the thread during the night phase. He would have held the information, wolved sage and gone "DAMN THOSE LUCKY WOLVES" to your faces. Then he would have sat back, waited for one misplaced vote to jump on and won it.

Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve, and it'll be a lot more difficult for wolves like Bynary to abuse you. James, you saw Gun post in the thread and you felt betrayed, got mad, let bynary fuel that anger and never thought once about Gun's words.

Thats a huge mistake I hope you learn from.
Tis true. I did feel betrayed. And it was my fault that I let that anger take the choice instead of being rational. I let that anger manipulate me. Oh well, the next time I play, I won't let the same mistake happen twice.

Either way, great game everyone.

And in the end, I realized that I did screw sage over by outing him, I should've been pissed off at myself instead of gun because of the fact that I had told Gun that Sage was seer.

Last edited by James May; 03-17-2013 at 01:53 PM..
James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Ha ha. Manti posts and everyone clams up. Awesome
??
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #29
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I finally read the story from front to back just now. Very cool idea to pull song lyrics and build a story, Kraut. The imagery was great, and the ending really tied everything together. Thanks for hosting!

Good game, everyone! The level of activity from most players seemed to be quite high. There were thoughtful posts from every player.

Quote:
Stop playing TWG with your hearts on your sleeve
This. Regardless of your role, you should never allow emotions to cloud your judgment. TWG entails a ton of person-to-person interaction, so emotions will naturally arise. Take a step back, cool off, and then make calculated decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Oh, and that post about my saying that "Manti contacted him"? Total bullshit. I said that little lie knowing it was convincing enough to be believed, but easy enough to explain away once Little Bear was found to be a human. (James indeed asked me this later on AIM, I told him it was a misinterpretation of his earlier posts).
Wow, that's a bold move. It was cool to see you pick a strategy and stick to your guns all game. Well played. You too, netjet.

Rundown of my in-game actions:

1) I planned not to send any night PMs unless I had exclusive info on blues. The other wolf pair would have lower odds of hitting me than me hitting them, and they would be able to coordinate kill/wolf-seer picks.

2) I faked seer to Manti. That's not very indicative of how I would normally play, but I found the circumstances to be dire. If the blues convene and the wolves don't kill a seer n1 or n2, the game is all but over (although that's assuming the seers send their PMs ). Tough luck with Sage looking at James. I don't regret my decision to fake at all, but maybe I could have put up a better fight.

I read the entire game, but I've only skimmed the postgame comments thus far. I'll probably have more to say pretty soon. Again, good game, all.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #30
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Rundown of my in-game actions:

1) I planned not to send any night PMs unless I had exclusive info on blues. The other wolf pair would have lower odds of hitting me than me hitting them, and they would be able to coordinate kill/wolf-seer picks.
Aha - I suspected something like this was the case when the guy me and Netjet picked to die Night 1 (cedolad) ended up actually dying. That, or you also picked him to die, which was something I considered unlikely. It's actually a good thing that you died so early - had you stayed in the game longer not only would you have run a major risk of killing us, but we likely would not have found you out in time to form an alliance, especially given how long Sage stayed in the game.

And yeah, it seems the seers repeatedly dropped the ball on their duties - Manti not requesting a seer on Night 1, and Sage not requesting a seer on Night 2. Had their picks (NetJet, Viccica) been seered, the game would likely not have turned out the way it did. I was especially surprised to see Manti admit to having forgotten to seer somebody on Night 1 - that strikes me as a very amateurish move for such an experienced player.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #31
Krauthammer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
I finally read the story from front to back just now. Very cool idea to pull song lyrics and build a story, Kraut. The imagery was great, and the ending really tied everything together. Thanks for hosting!
Hahahahaha, oh you.

Thank you.
Krauthammer is offline   Reply With Quote