Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #941
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

also lmao when lk starts talking immediately after "oh man he's not freaking out I guess he's town"
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #942
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
hey guys i heard it's almost eod

let's see what's boppin'
You boppin' in and out and not giving content >=(
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #943
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

inb4 dumb lightnight gets mislynched again

If it happens enough we're practically obligated to feel guilty.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #944
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post

Never feel guilt
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #945
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I love how it looks like DPB wants to give Light an out as soon as he attempts an actual good post and Light just isn't having any of that

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #946
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I am missing this, what did lightknight do that was inexcusable?
So from my point of view:

I provided a decent ish target, aka InD, and he 180'd onto InD, as an opportunity to what might be deflect pressure to him while not jumping on a wagon. It's a pretty safe bet honestly.

I still think InD is more wolfy than light.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #947
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post

Soundwave

I call wolf precognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #948
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't think there is any world were light doesn't get lynched today but I stand by Xel being the best lynch
Old 05-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #949
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

the only thing that might make light better is that xel is more likely to contribute later I think
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #950
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

One big thing that has contributed to my lack of effort the past 6 or so games that I've played is a damaged drive to play as well as me filling in games just to fill in slots so we have an active community. There are plenty of players that I haven't played with in a long time this game so I feel like that's some incentive to get off of my ass and actually do something. It's slowly becoming the HOT NEW MEME to say "yo roundbox you should post you fucker oMg" and it's pretty annoying. I get what you're all getting at, but let me continue rambling on about myself.

I was able to contribute some effort to previous games but the problem in my ability to solve them was the fact that my efforts were heavily rooted in meta, rather than individual game performance. I tried solving games almost exclusively using meta, because it only let me look at surface-level patterns rather than the small intricacies of someone's behavior in their initial posts to their later posts, tracking their intentions along the way. One big thing that always stood out to me when I actually sat down to SOLVE games was consistency of behavior from a player. There are a few players that I've attempted to observe some consistency (or lack thereof) which will be the focus of this post. Let me get some commentary done first, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
k back to packing ill prob be here or not
!!HOLYSHIT!!
I feel like Xiz, as a whole, is playing in a disheveled manner because of his end of the year celebrations and a move. D0 will be your only exception for a close read on you, as nothing has stood out as terribly wolfy, but nothing has stood out as town. Yes, I know you stated you forgot a gimmick, but if anything this makes me a bit worried.

This post is a half-joke half-read. Yes, this may be hypocritical about the meta thing but I'm sure if there's a tone shift between disheveled D0 Xiz and his presence when actually settled will be one to note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
This is Cordelia's wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Cordelia

If you look at the top it says "Cordelia in her support conversation with Sumia."

That means Sumia is very likely according to the lore to be in private chat with Cordelia.

This knowledge may lead to a disaster on whoever rolled Sumia.

If Sumia somehow dies, you're officially suspect #1 with me.

You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Do you have a follow up to this based on what I just posted or you were saying this in a general sense with no further purpose?

I'm very interested by the former and if it's the latter, I'm not happy.

I'm saying this because that makes me question why you posted this the way you posted it.
Hakulyte's read on inDheart here seems to be misplaced. inDheart merely looked into the lore behind Cordelia and extended the discussion into possibilities about her character. inDheart just happened to be the first one to do so, and is a part of ACTUALLY SOLVING FROM INFORMATION WE HAVE instead of just extrapolating. He took the effort to do some research, rather than posting "hey is there a connection between Cordelia and another character ha ha look at me I'm a fucking town gamer."

Continuing on what I said about consistency, I feel like inDheart has kept a very consistent tone throughout this game. He has a very robotic tone for the most part and people might read this as emotionless and often times aloof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
threw together some reads. just removing people i have no basis to judge...actually i only ended up taking out cold kitten

1) Hakulyte - confirmed useful, wouldn't lynch today. haven't solved yet but i have an idea on how to do that

4) MixMasterLar - i think it's pretty consensus that people didn't like his reads post, but he has enough eau de FIGHT ME that he's not a d0 option for me

6) XelNya - town lean. he's posting real game thoughts and they're good oh my god. his unvote from MML is a little peculiar since the votes were not close to being a runaway wagon in a 16p game. maybe he can clarify what he means when he says haku/blind interactions are "arbitrary"?

7) roundbox - null pending MORE. he has reads and stuff, i've just yet to see it translate into action. less concerned with making things happen than manti is

8) Xiz - null. i almost deleted him as no basis to judge since he was behind and has been low-impact as a result, but he's had an acceptable catchup even though i don't like his vote. i can buy him living a day since i think his slank was for just today, right?

9) Tokzic - strange as ever but snap flowposting is consistent with his recent play and he isn't trying to write last-minute walls, which was something he did in last fire emblem as a wolf with me, so light town meta read

10) tiloco217 - the thing that makes me say town on tiloco is he has no reason to shake up the way he plays the game even though that's what freezin wants desperately for him to do. not w/w with freezin for sure

11) DarkManticoreX2 - town lean. responded to my post about soundwave but hasn't felt like poking out too many other angles yet, but he does have reads. this isn't a problem to me since we can only catch one wolf at a time; it's like why i don't like doing associatives early or strongly

12) blindreper1179 - is at least serving to clear himself against other people, but what he's said has not meant a lot to me otherwise

13) mellonxcollie - deep sigh. feel like much of her game here has been trying to source thoughts from other people rather than sharing her own, and her asking questions at people i would think she's better at reading bothers me

14) DaBackpack - for someone with the reputation he does, i'm surprised he's inactive as he is, and i think his mml push is ill-founded and reminds me of the kind of push yoshl would make

15) Lightknight924 - weird defense of freezin against an attack that wasn't really there, and getting low impact

16) Soundwave- - i'm still sitting on the scum side of "hard to read". if he doesn't feel like saying things about the game i'm fine lynching him

17) FreezinIce - picked out a couple posts i like already, town lean
He's very calm and collected and retains this attitude throughout his posts. A tone shift from this mode should be looked into later in the game to see if he holds it straight. The reads in this post don't feel like they were made to save any suspicion on inDheart, so he did this purely out of game solving interest. Things that stand out as being organic is his read on tiloco (mindmeld), MML, and DaBackpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
this is completely fucking arbitrary
I would agree with this statement. Usually when someone tries to force a narrative (which I've been guilty of before) is to arbitrarily state behavioral patterns of a wolf, and the whole INACTIVE vs ACTIVE wolf argument is one that can be easily manipulated with a wolf team and careful planning, and could easily scream nastiness when one of them tries to force this narrative onto other players. Notice how Tokzic later justified his statement about "post big, then drop off" with just a few list of names. He's sticking to a behavioral pattern in general, rather than looking at those player's posts specifically and trying to find something. It's a cheap way to force a "good" perception on the game.

Tokzic has otherwise been fairly towny to me, but I would nominate him as a very good candidate for a deep wolf. He's playing with an enthusiasm that I haven't seen in some time. Maybe it's the weed, but I would strongly encourage any investigative ability to look into Tokzic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Oh at least 1. Always is.
Probably not Mellon or Roundbox as they seem like their normal town selves.
Don't know the others well enough.
Consistency is not present here with MML regarding his reads on myself and raeko. He's been quite soft toward me and a bit abrasive toward raeko, yet both of us are our "normal town selves." MML is trending back downward to :thinking: territory, which is a shame because I felt like he had a rather strong start. I don't think I would vote for him quite yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
Xiz poking his head back in was nice. tbh him playing is a pretty big part of why I decided to play so I'm probably not going to read him very well because I want him to be town. He seems towny
Here is a point of inconsistency I saw in tiloco. He attributes his signing up to the game heavily on Xiz, and gives him a very easy townread here just for... existing?

Quote:
Xiz (man I want you to be town but I ain't feelin it): You started off really strong which seemed weird but people assured me that it was normal. Then you did nothing. Then you came back with late reaction posts and they didn't seem real at all. I had a very hard time figuring out where your head was at while reading them. Going to need something better from you

^^^ from my reads list
Quote:
I'm fairly sure there is 1 mafia between Xiz and Freezin. Both seem fairly possible mafia to me but I really doubt they are mafia together from the past hour or so. I'm still leaning Xiz right now though
He went from giving him a very easy town pass to this. The skepticism is appreciated, but at the same time we see an issue crop back up immediately as he flips his read on Xiz, giving a sense of ambivalence on the whole thing.

Quote:
Like I said I don't feel comfortable killing Xiz when he didn't have enough time to respond to pressure. I waited too long to really get started on him and when I actually felt like I might get somewhere he had to leave. I'd rather keep him until tomorrow when I can read him better
tiloco latching back onto Xiz as being a non-candidate feels like his state of mind is due to some cognitive dissonance of wanting to play with Xiz and wanting to evaluate him fairly. Giving him a free pass, going to hard scumread, to saying "ehhh too early I goofed and I want there to be material here" is of grave concern.

Consider this my CONTROVERSIAL READ OF THE DAY: tiloco scummy.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #951
the sun fan
FFR Player

votecount:
lightknight (3)- inDheart, Lar, DBP
Lar (1)- blind
soundwave (1)- Manti
mellon (1)- FreezinIce
Freezin (1)- Xiz
DBP (1)- Tokzic
Xel (1)- tiloco
DBP (1) - Lightknight
unvote (3)- Celirra, Haku, Xel

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #952
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't think there is any world were light doesn't get lynched today but I stand by Xel being the best lynch
Xel lynch seems more like a meta read than a content based read.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #953
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Thank you Soundwave.

I can only provide what I feel is true.

It's true that dabackpack is coming down hard on me, and that could be because he is either genuinely curious to my playstyle, or he is already aware and that he wants to use it as a picking point to accuse me of being a wolf. I've played with backpack for a few games now, and the meta I get from him is that he is often a player with an internal ambition that's often hidden behind an amicable approach from a town perspective. This is the root of my uneasiness.

I also feel like MixMasterLar is doing the same thing, and looking for the next easiest excuse to push for a lynch.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #954
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
So from my point of view:

I provided a decent ish target, aka InD, and he 180'd onto InD, as an opportunity to what might be deflect pressure to him while not jumping on a wagon. It's a pretty safe bet honestly.

I still think InD is more wolfy than light.
IND defended soundwave with fair logic when i was going after sound earlier. If IND is a wold, i'd look at really hard at soundwave.

Not sure this works in reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #955
Celirra
FFR Player

That's a fair call; would you be against an InD (also I almost feel bad about this abbreviation of his name) lynch though?
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #956
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
Thank you Soundwave.

I can only provide what I feel is true.

It's true that dabackpack is coming down hard on me, and that could be because he is either genuinely curious to my playstyle, or he is already aware and that he wants to use it as a picking point to accuse me of being a wolf. I've played with backpack for a few games now, and the meta I get from him is that he is often a player with an internal ambition that's often hidden behind an amicable approach from a town perspective. This is the root of my uneasiness.

I also feel like MixMasterLar is doing the same thing, and looking for the next easiest excuse to push for a lynch.
First two lines of this throw up the warning flags, but the rest help clear you. Why must you make this hard on me
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 05-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #957
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

oh shit lightknight going on dbp

big if town

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #958
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I'm gonna meta read Celery as TOWN for keeping consistency across games. As someone who has openly admitted to never being a wolf (and me reading him very correctly in the last turbo, a game I was actually trying in), I feel like he is playing to his standard this game.

I think I forgot to state a quick few things about Freezin last post that make me feel he is pretty much always town from my POV and relates to my concept of consistency.

Freezin's anger/abrasiveness started off at a low boil (telling MML to go "drink a glass of water") and has escalated into what you see now. His consistent aggression is of notice, and I don't think anything is necessarily out of place.
A shower thought made me recollect why Freezin is so concerned on the flimsy T/T reads that people are providing is because of something he said in the postgame of our previous bigTWG. He stated that getting into an open argument in thread seems to almost always get you townread, which he admitted was a strategy he used as a wolf to get some town cred. His partners were able to easily townread him by piggybacking off of this "hey a wolf wouldn't be this obvious and get into a fight, so this interaction MUST be t/t" logic which seems to pervade in FFR's analysis of common threads. Freezin being increasingly skeptic of this tactic being used to manipulate people is more along the lines of towniness, far from any "I'm gonna be a dickish wolf so I can distance myself from everybody" strategy.

Also, the Persona 5 thing LUL
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #959
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

I'm going to leave my vote on DabackPack, because I feel that I'm being pushed against strongly, and that it's a deliberate move coordinated by the wolves to pile votes onto me. I'm not saying for sure that dabackpack is a wolf, only that he is a catalyst in a mislynch, if you guys choose to lynch me. I honestly don't have more to provide than this.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #960
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

tiloco

arm wrestle me, fuckers
Closed Thread