Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #81
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
wait, does clown work on even the pizza guy?
I don't see why not, but that's not sounding like a great idea

Quote:
OP says Tattle reads as non-human.
you sure?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #82
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

ok nice.

can we start yelling at each other now?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #83
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

My mistake, I misread the rules and thought tattle tales seered as nonhuman. 2/15 roles are seered incorrectly, then.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #84
Svaz
quite clever

Huh weird, I guess it only says so in the sign up thread.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #85
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

no even the sign up thread has it right. I think the color is throwing everyone off lol
Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #86
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

ENOUGH OF THIS SMALL TALK TIME TO KILL SOMEONE. RIGHT NOW. LETS KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOw
Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #87
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

I don't even know what to make of danceguy right now.....

and pntballa are all the questions out of the way, u ready to play noooow or what
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #88
Svaz
quite clever

Easy there killer, only some guests have posted. Our honoree isn't even here yet!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #89
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Someone is blood crazed. We haven't even got to the presents yet.

They're kind of important, figment of someone's imagination or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #90
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Easy there killer, only some guests have posted. Our honoree isn't even here yet!
fiction will be here tomorrow, we are masons and share our lives together
Old 09-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #91
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
I don't even know what to make of danceguy right now.....

and pntballa are all the questions out of the way, u ready to play noooow or what
I'll probably come up with more, and I am playing the game. Some people like to start by understanding everything about the game they're playing, and others like to start by placing meaningless joke votes. We each have our own style.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #92
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Nah, not nervous, but this is my first time, so excuse me, doho.
Whatever, you played last game, 12!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #93
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Uhhh just a bit more questions because I'm trying to get the beef of it and my head doesn't wrap around. Wanna be quick about it.

1. Does every blue/red roles acts in the night?
2. Do wolves talk exclusively at night, or both day and night?
3. Quoted from pnt: "Do [wolves] each send in separate kills and one gets picked out of a hat?"
4. Can you clearly state in the OP which roles are one-shot and not, it would help for reference?
5. If the mother targets a green, does it nullify his vote also? Because that's basically his "role".
6. Since the party pooper plays his role at night, is there any indication for the vote not going through? Does insta stays on the same value and we just need an additional vote, if then, do we/he get notified?
7. Does the tattle tale role goes through even when he is targeted the same night, basically, what is the main role resolution in this case?

-

Things I think and would need to evaluate with you guys:

1. If no kills happen, one of the following roles have been set in motion: Fictions Mom, Good Guy Clown, wolves failing to send in kill, possibly Party Pooper.

2. Is there any way to coordinate the guard functions of both Fic's Mom and the Clown or is it best to not refrain them to one target? Which way could we learn more (since card flip is on), and how could we learn more? If Xiz tells us that the green vote does not nullify the kill, would it be safe to assume (based on my previous point) that if there is no kill happening after the night, it would mean that either the Mom or the Clown has hit a wolf? Unless the wolves didn't send in a kill I guess, which could be tedious? I guess an additional seer would be needed, but it would also mean one of the roles having to reveal his guard results.

3. We should get pizza guy in the open as soon as possible, his role basically is the Innocent Child, but with additional interactivity. Whether he is in the game or not does not influence the probability of a wolf killing a blue, there's not point guarding him, etc. I fail to see a purpose. Additional and confirmed input is always good to have and I personally think it's either Gradiant or Pokelda.

4. Some meta thing to notice is that there has been a recent influx in TGB and it might influence some of the fluff posts around. Not significant it's something on the back of my mind and is the justification why I believe some of us, (for example: dance) are just ecstatic right now.

Thought fic couldn't play actually from the look of the game. Pretty hyped to have the opportunity to play with both you and pnt.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #94
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Just so it's out there, playing TWG with you guys is more interesting than playing GTA V right now. Suck it Rockstar.

And I'm actually pleased with the Thread Talking Only format, but I would definitely like to try AIM if I could be assured not having to watch myself saying something wrong because of the language barrier. Not having to make the translation in my mind so I could respond quickly would be great.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #95
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
Uhhh just a bit more questions because I'm trying to get the beef of it and my head doesn't wrap around. Wanna be quick about it.

1. Does every blue/red roles acts in the night?
Yes.
Quote:
2. Do wolves talk exclusively at night, or both day and night?
Both.
Quote:
3. Quoted from pnt: "Do [wolves] each send in separate kills and one gets picked out of a hat?"
Since wolves can talk with each-other, I see no reason why more then one wolf would send a kill. If I get multiple wolf kill PM's, then I will choose the last one PM'd to me before the end of the phase.
Quote:
4. Can you clearly state in the OP which roles are one-shot and not, it would help for reference?
Only 1-shot role is the Tattle Tale. I will update that.
Quote:
5. If the mother targets a green, does it nullify his vote also? Because that's basically his "role".
No. The mother silences abilities, not votes. (Just imagine a kid raising his hand for a vote while sitting in the corner, lolz)
Quote:
6. Since the party pooper plays his role at night, is there any indication for the vote not going through? Does insta stays on the same value and we just need an additional vote, if then, do we/he get notified?
If the mother puts the party pooper in time-out, then the party pooper will not be able to carry out his/her role. At the start of each phase, all players will be notified about who died (if anyone) with their cardflip.
Quote:
7. Does the tattle tale role goes through even when he is targeted the same night, basically, what is the main role resolution in this case?
This situation would only apply to day phase only then. The tattle tale role will still go through. (The tattle tale will call the cops at any point throughout the day phase. The cops will arive later, aka at the start of the next phase)

Last edited by Xiz; 09-28-2013 at 12:53 AM..
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #96
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Clarification about question 6 and 7:

6. What I meant is, does the guy who got targeted by the party pooper knows that he has been targeted? And like, say we're in a situation where we're 1 off the insta and the guy votes when blocked, wtf happens? Will you just come out and say "nope"?

7. Again, if a wolf targets the Tattle Tale, and this latter targets someone. Do we still get result?

Btw guys, if the Tattle Tale is about to get lynched during day, just reveal yourself. Since wolves would know who you are, we'll just contribute on a consensus on who to seer and we'll also get to redirect adequately the lynch. If we ask the Tattle Tale to use his role immediately, a wolf Tattle Tale claim is basically impossible. Could also be used as a strategy later on since your role is one-shot.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #97
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Clarification about question 6 and 7:

6. What I meant is, does the guy who got targeted by the party pooper knows that he has been targeted? And like, say we're in a situation where we're 1 off the insta and the guy votes when blocked, wtf happens? Will you just come out and say "nope"?
He will not know. The Party Pooper role will trigger after the voting has ended. For example, if the phase ends and player A has 5 votes, and player B has 4 votes, and the pooper targeted one of the people voting for A, it will result in a 4-4, which will trigger a KiTB.

Quote:
7. Again, if a wolf targets the Tattle Tale, and this latter targets someone. Do we still get result?
Since the Tattle Tale can trigger the card flip at any given time during any phase, the Tattle Tale will have priority over the wolf kill, therefor giving everyone a result.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #98
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
1. If no kills happen, one of the following roles have been set in motion: Fictions Mom, Good Guy Clown, wolves failing to send in kill, possibly Party Pooper.
clown dies upon a successful guard.

party pooper's ability has nothing to do with night kills.

Quote:
3. We should get pizza guy in the open as soon as possible, his role basically is the Innocent Child, but with additional interactivity. Whether he is in the game or not does not influence the probability of a wolf killing a blue, there's not point guarding him, etc. I fail to see a purpose. Additional and confirmed input is always good to have and I personally think it's either Gradiant or Pokelda.
I think I agree, but waiting could have upsides too. we should "vote" on this I think
Old 09-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #99
pntballa18
FFR Player

CrazyJayde, if the clown does his role then he would die that night. The only reasons there would not be a wolfing are if the wolves don't send one in, or if the mother blocks the kill. The mother could block the kill by either choosing the last wolf to send the kill in, or by choosing their target for the night. The mother will know there's a 50% chance the person in question is a wolf, but IMO that doesn't warrant revealing herself to the thread.

On the subject of the Pizza Guy, it's better to bring him in sooner rather than later. If we wait the person may become bored with the game and not be active when they are called upon. If we bring him in now (or call for him Night 1 so he arrives during a day phase) he's more likely to be active, and he'll be another mind working the case.

And that's what I think this game will come down to, our ability to read into what others are posting and make our decisions based on that. We wont be getting any wolves handed to us by the blues in this game. There are many different roles but this is more or less going to play out like a standard TWG.

To the blues: Don't be satisfied with just doing your special action. That wont win us the game, but getting dirty and analyzing with the rest of us very well could.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #100
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Got seriously mixed up about the roles worked there. I put party pooper there based on what Xiz could possibly say. In this case I guess a reveal is far-fetched, mom role is best undercover and should stay that way. The game development will probably define more on how she can act.

And yes, this type of game definitely doesn't have any room for anything but profile analysis and judgments. It seemed complex than it actually is.

Voting for Pizza Guy at Day 2.

Obligatory Charu vote.
Closed Thread