Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2024, 02:37 AM   #21
Creosm
FFR Player

Default Re: Hyper Iria world record

Quote:
Originally Posted by A guy on YT
"and little did they know, this run would go on to create hundreds of speedruns for this game"
(some day in the future)
Creosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:42 AM   #22
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Haku dropped a monster run today in normal%... Very intimidating, so today I had a practice stream to sharpen my skill and strats.

This game is so fucking good to speedrun. It's not even a bad game casually, hell I would recommend it to anyone who's into super nintendo games, but they really have to play the english fan translation to get the real experience. It just feels very good to run on top of that, the main character's hurtbox is insanely precise for a game this old, and it's just jank enough to have lots of cool strats to work on, and it feels like every movement strats is designed to work out without having to break stride. It does lag, though.

I know all of you probably will never give a shit about this game, but still.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:52 AM   #23
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
What is required to test them to be consistent?
This is faster to explain if you run the game as well.

It's basically evaluating potential setups to save time in every corner of every level.
There might be some RNG manipulation, places where taking a hit is worth it, places where you have to yolo and do very specific things or your entire run could be gone etc.

Basically, we're still debating on what setups/strats are real or "fake news" for each level.
There's only 5 levels in the game and it's shorter than 20 minutes if you speedrun.
There's still a lot of trial & error even now which makes the speedrunning part still fun. Leaderboard is mostly empty compared to a game like Mario 64.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Haku dropped a monster run today in normal%... Very intimidating, so today I had a practice stream to sharpen my skill and strats.

This game is so fucking good to speedrun. It's not even a bad game casually, hell I would recommend it to anyone who's into super nintendo games, but they really have to play the english fan translation to get the real experience. It just feels very good to run on top of that, the main character's hurtbox is insanely precise for a game this old, and it's just jank enough to have lots of cool strats to work on, and it feels like every movement strats is designed to work out without having to break stride. It does lag, though.

I know all of you probably will never give a shit about this game, but still.
I'm actually convinced you'll catch up based on how you've been playing in practice. It's just a matter of getting 1 run where everything align okay.

I do am worried if any of us get close to sub 17 minutes on normal% tho. Normal% is a bit of a joke still because there's only 3 players on that leaderboard.
Me, Hateandhatred and someone that haven't played in a long time. Someone could easily come out of nowhere and snipe times just by looking at what we did.
The more we improve the time, the easier it becomes for others to know what to do exactly.

Edit: Got back WR on any% as well. I guess it's going to be a ping pong game between me and H&H for that until one of us break the 15m30s barrier.
https://www.speedrun.com/hyper_iria/runs/ydnggovm

Last edited by Hakulyte; 04-28-2024 at 11:02 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2024, 06:34 AM   #24
Hateandhatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm actually convinced you'll catch up based on how you've been playing in practice. It's just a matter of getting 1 run where everything align okay.

Edit: Got back WR on any% as well. I guess it's going to be a ping pong game between me and H&H for that until one of us break the 15m30s barrier.
https://www.speedrun.com/hyper_iria/runs/ydnggovm
It's been done.

This run can still be cleaned up, but it's a big improvement!
Old 05-2-2024, 11:25 PM   #25
Hateandhatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I do am worried if any of us get close to sub 17 minutes on normal% tho. Normal% is a bit of a joke still because there's only 3 players on that leaderboard.
Me, Hateandhatred and someone that haven't played in a long time. Someone could easily come out of nowhere and snipe times just by looking at what we did.
The more we improve the time, the easier it becomes for others to know what to do exactly.
Hi.

https://www.speedrun.com/hyper_iria?h=normal&x=jdzpvnvk

How close do you want it to be?
Old Yesterday, 12:39 AM   #26
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think we both can do better tbh, but that's definitely a step in the right direction.

If you can integrate a 1 cycle stage 4 boss and get a solid run, I think normal% will be rip until a new major find.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM   #27
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Sub 17 is within reach yoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote