Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2004, 03:09 AM   #1
newkidusa
FFR Player

Default What would you have done...

First of all, let me start by saying that I am not gay or have anything to hide. I love women and plan to keep it that way. Also, I don't discriminate ANYONE baced on any characteristics different than mine (race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.) Not that that has been cleared up, I gotta tell you what I saw.

Two days ago, I saw a boy do DDR and he was really good. Next thing I remember was three guys (neither one was under 6'0 and no smaller than 200) clowning him in the middle of the 2nd stage. They started calling him names like *** and queer and other obscene things. He got pissed of and said I'm gay, so what! In the middle of the third song, the three boys jumped the guy and was practically annihilating him. I turned away for fear of what'll happen to me. (By the way I am 5'6 and 145 lbs.)

Though I regret the whole situation happened and I did nothing to help, I am trying to move on with life.

What would you have done?
newkidusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:29 AM   #2
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Damn...that's terrible. Really sucks to have that painful reminder that people aren't tolerant of others if they're different.
To be honest with you, I hate conflicts. I would have done what you did =\
It sucks to admit thr truth, but it's the truth. =(
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
abcdefghigklm
FFR Player

If I saw that happen to someone I don't know what i would do. I'd prabaly try to find a way to help the boy by calling the police or getting in to the fight my self to protect him. Maybe both.
abcdefghigklm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101

I'd get the guy working at the arcade. (He always watches people play anyway so I probably wouldn't have to get).
If he wasn't around, I would try to break it up, but I wouldn't throw any punches unless I had to defend myself.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
Pooping_Panda
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pooping_Panda

i would have gone over and helped the kid....c'mon....3 vs. 1....thats not right....sooner or later the arcade guy would have came over or something...

did the arcade person come over and do anything?
Pooping_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:58 AM   #6
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

I seriously would have helped. The kid was getting fucked up for no reason. And the 3 other kids are snobs.

I wouldn't try to stop it though. I would have went in and fought those 3 stupid people since I know what I am doing. (I take karate and I know the easiest ways to take some people down XD)
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

I would have helped the kid out. Show those fatasses that people who DDR aren't stupid fruitcakes that play a game that might look retarded to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicker
shades don't break unless you break them.
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
Pooping_Panda
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pooping_Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzbite
game that might look retarded to some people.
ya really....ddr can look a little retarded in the beginning...but once you start to play....its fun....and you can get into shape and loose weight and shit....people need to realise that we enjoy doing what we do...and were not gonna stop doing it
Pooping_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #9
DDRadicted
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DDRadicted

if i were you i would have taunted them untill they chased after me then i would have ran behind something to hide me and then i would of shot them with my assault rifile and shot those asses in the balls then i would have checked on the id who got knocked up, then i would give him a chance to shoot the kids
Old 07-26-2004, 10:07 PM   #10
CalibreneGuru
FFR Player

I would have jumped into the fray, because if one person jumps into help, then other people usually do as well. I have learned that through many different experiences. Most people are scared to be the one to stand up, but I bet, if someone else had started to help that kid out, you would have too, and I'm sure you wouldn't have been the only one.
CalibreneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
bbcc
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bbcc Send a message via MSN to bbcc

i really dont understand why people like that hang around to watch in the first place. if ddr looks so stupid to them why are they sitting there watching. I think they really got lucky because some ddr players wouldn't stand for that. as for helping him goes, you could have done a little bit to help. but its always easy to say what you want to do instead of doing it
Old 07-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #12
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

I would have definately kicked them all in the face.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #13
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Mosh Pit the group and then try to defend the guy. Hey if it worked for the guy from Shogun.......
Old 07-28-2004, 03:42 PM   #14
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

I don't blame you for not helping, its hard to do that, especially with 3 big guys. I would've helped (as was already mentioned, it's easy to say it when it's not happening to me right now) and taken as many guys out as I could, I can't stand around and watch, I can't run away, it's not my nature. Honestly, I'm a fair fighter, but in this case I would've scanned the area for a large heavy thing to possible knock down one of the guys so it'd be a fair 2 vs 2. Plus I'm never alone, I always go places with my friends or my brother. We would've kicked ass.
Old 08-9-2004, 12:17 PM   #15
MegaDeth
FFR Player

Well, if it were me, I'd wade in, pull the kid out of the way and tell the 3 bozos to get the fuck lost. I hate real violence, but I am a BIG mofo (6'4" and heavy-set) so I would estimate that they would either back off, or try me and get a whooping (Meh, fat kid with glasses growing up in east london, you learn to look after yourself)

Half-sorry for dragging up an older topic, but I felt I had to say something.
MegaDeth is offline   Reply With Quote