Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ever had a police officer come to your work to arrest a customer/guest?
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Interesting day at work

Right now, I'm 4 hours into my 10pm-6am shift (it's currently 1:55am). I work at a Marriott hotel.

30 minutes ago while I was watching this video and overhearing Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure on the TV in the lobby, a man (a taxi driver) and a woman (the fare) come through the sliding doors; the woman saying to the taxi driver, "Get the f*ck out of my way!"

I'm hopefully thinking that they finally made it to their destination and she can finally be on her way to her room. I was wrong. Apparently (according to her) they have been driving around for 2 hours and the cab driver has no idea where he is going. She's from New York and is supposed to be staying with friends/family/relatives (one of them). She asks me where her destination is, so I pull it up on my computer and tell her it's a 15 minute walk (because she refuses to get back into the cab).

The cab driver talks to his supervisor(?) and then she talks to the supervisor(?) (imagine a lot of her yelling and cursing like she's tired of the cab's bullsh*t). She ends the phone call with "F*ck you!" and slams the cab driver's phone on the counter. I print out the directions and give it to her and she is on her way. After she leaves, the cab driver gets on the phone with the local police department. He follows her and not even 5 minutes later, she comes back into the hotel and asks me to call her a cab because he (the cab driver she refuses to pay for) is following her.

By this time, two cruisers pull up with two officers appearing. One talks to the cab driver outside the hotel and the other talks to the woman inside the hotel. The woman explains her case, but according to the officer, the cab ride is a service and needs to be paid. She agrees to pay the cab driver $100 - then lowers it to $50 (normal fair from Hobby Airport is $55, $80 from Bush Airport). The lady then says to the officer "I'll pay him then you can drive me." The officer says he will do so after paying the cab driver. She adds, "Oh..I must be in Texas!" in an obnoxious attitude as she grabs her stuff and heads outside.

When everyone went outside, the cab driver probably gave an outrageous price because the woman refused to pay for the ride. She is placed into custody. The cruiser taking her away only moves ~50 feet before it stops. The other cruiser turns around to assist. Apparently she was becoming a nuisance for the officer taking her away. The two officers then restrain her more then drive away.

Piece and quiet once again. None of the officers came to talk to me.

My day in the life of a Front Desk Agent working the night audit.

Anybody else have interesting days at work - with or without police officers?

edit: I don't know how much the cab driver wanted.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 08-23-2013 at 03:10 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Interesting day at work

Today I called my co-worker a lazy fucking piece of shit because he doesn't fucking help me do anything at all when I go to clean up broken boards when the Sawmill is broken down. He'd rather sit there and text.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
0o0
FFR Player

ok
Old 08-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

dang
Old 08-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #5
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

My co-workers always found me weird, but I've always been smarter than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #6
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

I had a lunatic woman run past me and lock herself into the staff toilet at a gas station i worked at some years ago, she claimed her companion was gonna kill her, ironicall this was in the first floor of the police hq so i got help pretty quck and they managed to grab her and i could continue my shift
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I work at a local Walmart as a truck unloader (yes wimpy me unloads 2,000 unit trucks for a pay check, it's actually kind of fun...)

I've had several interesting people.

I've had a lady come ask me where something is in electronics, as I was out there asking the person there for an unlock of a section of the backroom that I cannot access myself. What was she asking for? A home projector set of speakers.

Apparently we sell projectors, but not speakers. The gent working the section (who is really friendly I might add) tells her the best bet is to use some computer speakers. Knowing a deal about them myself, I guided her over there and recommended some speakers I would use personally. She was pissed off and said "those won't work, they won't be loud enough." She ended up buying some Vizio soundbar. The guy at the register there later told me she ended up coming back and getting the speakers I'd pointed out. Go me.

Also, on another day, the guy working in electronics was being asked about keyboards as I walked by and was telling them he didn't know that much of the brands. I overheard this and helped sell them a good keyboard. Yay. The guy in electronics is really wondering why I don't work out there because of this...

Another night, we had a group of Black gents come through, and they were kind of the obnoxious type, but they wanted to know where two things where. These things being a strobe light, and the condoms. My co workers who have worked there for years longer than I have, had no idea where the strobe lights where. It's one of the few things in the store I know where it is, as I kind of own one myself... The funniest part is one of the ladies who works the stocking shift called me stoner for knowing where they where...

Also, one of the other stock shift people jokes he's going to get really pissed off if I bring out anymore than 6 DVDs for him to stock.

I make it a point to grab 7 of them.

We've also had someone ask us where the front door was. This was fucking hilarious.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I make it a point to grab 7 of them.
That's just fucking mean.

p.s. never shop at Walmart for electronics lol
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
That's just fucking mean.

p.s. never shop at Walmart for electronics lol
As a former Walmart employee I second this. Cameras and small expensive electronics are fine but things like TV s loll nope
Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
As a former Walmart employee I second this. Cameras and small expensive electronics are fine but things like TV s loll nope
I recently got a Vizio 32" LED HDTV from Wally World.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

and you probably paid at least 50 dollars extra gg
Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
Calcium Deposit
I am the liquor
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Heh I wouldn't even trust that much, having been on 2nd shift IST for a bit myself and knowing how the freight comes in and gets handled.

I'm honestly surprised anything arrives intact

We were lucky if they even had a load brace on the FDD trucks... Cleanin up an entire pallet of broken eggs is so horrible its not even funny
Calcium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
and you probably paid at least 50 dollars extra gg
$248.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

you bought it on sale most likely gg
Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
We keep all the TVs in the back. Regardless if it's on the pick list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
I recently got a Vizio 32" LED HDTV from Wally World.
You sir, bought the worst brand humanly possible. Return that shit and buy pretty much anything else. It'll crap out in a year or so.

Also one of the friends of mine who helped get me hired gave me the most hilarious demonstrations on day one.

He picked up a random box with like bubble wrap in it and said "this is how much we care about the stuff we unload" and threw it.

I died of laughter.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You sir, bought the worst brand humanly possible. Return that shit and buy pretty much anything else. It'll crap out in a year or so.
Bought a 3-year service plan. I didn't buy one with my previous TV (Vizio 27" LCD) and regretted it. There were broken pixel lines along the right side of the TV. I lived with that TV for about 3 or 4 years before I had enough money set aside to buy my current TV.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Bought a 3-year service plan. I didn't buy one with my previous TV (Vizio 27" LCD) and regretted it. There were broken pixel lines along the right side of the TV. I lived with that TV for about 3 or 4 years before I had enough money set aside to buy my current TV.
And then you decided to buy the same brand? You're a smart guy.
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote