Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Default Copyrightless music

Hey guys I am having a charity livestream somewhere in march on TheEliteGamersHD and I actually want to play some FFR to get the word of FFR around.
But... there is a slight difficulty with getting FFR on the livestream cause we are not allowed to play copyrighted songs...

So I was thinking does anyone have a list or know some copyrightless songs in FFR that I could play without getting murdered by the hoster of the charity livestream.
It would be of great help and it would help FFR out in it's own way
Frans813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Copyrightless music

Every song/file that's on FFR's main engine was allowed by the artists; they all gave permission one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Do you mean public domain music?

You're going to have a hard time finding music other than classical pieces which are in the public domain I think.

And depending on your host's rules, even if a copyrighted work had the author's permission to be used for your purposes, it still may not be allowed if they do strictly want no copyrights.

You could see if they allow certain permissive licenses and, if so, you could use music which uses them, but if not, you may have to stick with classical pieces.

--edit--

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome
Every song/file that's on FFR's main engine was allowed by the artists; they all gave permission one way or another.
Be very careful with what you're saying here. The authors may have given permission to FFR to use them, but this is absolutely not the same thing as giving blanket permission for anyone to use them or for any other uses. In short, for each specific use, you'd need to get specific permission if it's copyrighted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by UserNameGoesHere; 01-15-2013 at 02:15 PM..
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
So it is actually safe to play on a livestream where no copyrighted music is allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
Do you mean public domain music?

You're going to have a hard time finding music other than classical pieces which are in the public domain I think.

And depending on your host's rules, even if a copyrighted work had the author's permission to be used for your purposes, it still may not be allowed if they do strictly want no copyrights.

You could see if they allow certain permissive licenses and, if so, you could use music which uses them, but if not, you may have to stick with classical pieces.
I wonder wich music I could play on it since I won't be able to play League Of Legends for 24 hours, I'd die of a heart condition and rage XD
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans813 View Post
So it is actually safe to play on a livestream where no copyrighted music is allowed?
If the rule is strictly "No copyrighted music" then you absolutely must stick with public domain music. The only public domain music would be music which is older than a certain time period (hence why a lot of classical music is public domain) or music which the author specifically released into the public domain (very very rare).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Anything from NewGrounds.
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Anything from NewGrounds.
Ehm yeah... got a list? XD
If anyone else might have a list or atleast know copyrightless songs or public domain songs I could play.
It would suck if it would cost him his partnership.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

DimRain47
Xydonus
xkore
xbrav

etc.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...or&ascDSC=DESC

just go down the list. put your mouse over the author's name, look at the bottom left/right of browser (it shows exact link) if it's a newgrounds site, bam.

EDIT: Also, since artists gave FFR's permission, it can be used. It's like FFR videos (NOT files from offline engines or SM vids since copyright's were never given to those).

EDIT2: Copyrighted music becomes available by a game that have the rights to songs as it can be called "Educational." If this wasn't the case, Twitch.tv would have been sued for billions. (It's educational since you're are playing it and can comment/instruct about the game.)

Last edited by ~Zeta~; 01-15-2013 at 03:13 PM..
~Zeta~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
DimRain47
Xydonus
xkore
xbrav

etc.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...or&ascDSC=DESC

just go down the list. put your mouse over the author's name, look at the bottom left/right of browser (it shows exact link) if it's a newgrounds site, bam.

EDIT: Also, since artists gave FFR's permission, it can be used. It's like FFR videos (NOT files from offline engines or SM vids since copyright's were never given to those).

EDIT2: Copyrighted music becomes available by a game that have the rights to songs as it can be called "Educational." If this wasn't the case, Twitch.tv would have been sued for billions. (It's educational since you're are playing it and can comment/instruct about the game.)
THANKS ALOT MAN!!
Does the same thing count for Soundclick or is that one not as safe as newgrounds
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If soundclick has creative commons license labelled on their page or somewhere, it can be freely used as long as credit is given.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Frans813
Valkyrion
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
If soundclick has creative commons license labelled on their page or somewhere, it can be freely used as long as credit is given.
Basically I can just open it since credit is given when the song starts and when you select it K cool