Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default [SM/PKMN spoof] Pokemon Ultima - Stepmania's Elite Four (Feat. 6 Well Known Members!)

I got bored around 3 o clock (12 hours ago). I got inspired while asking someone who the top 5 SM players of all time were. Then I typed from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. I ate, did laundry, and went back and finished it, Short Story guys. For the people who just want to see who I featured, use CTRL + F and search for Elite Four 1, Elite Four 2, Elite Four 3, or Elite Four 4. Eze happens to be the main character, if you read it, you'll see why.

Lots of inside jokes and SM references, not going to explain them though. Enjoy them for yourself. I will point out this is based on Kanto's Elite Four. The types are the same.

Pokemon Ultima - Stepmania's Elite Four

Elite Four 1

Eze walked in as the doors shut behind him. He walked down a pathway as spotlights
were powered on in two's. He reached a platform, and as he firmly stood in its
center, the platform proceeded to lift him up to the first level. It had been his
dream to conquer the Stepmania League since he was a young boy at the tender age of
ten years old. He now stood a ten year old trainer, being the fastest trainer to
acquire all eight badges of the Stepmania Region. It took him a mere year to
accomplish this most challenging task, making a name for himself along the way. He
now stood on this sacred platform, seconds away from fulfilling his destiny.

The platform reached the 1st floor, and he stepped onto his first arena. He looked
around and realized the arena was covered entirely in ice. There were stalagmites
made of frozen over stone, and the entire battlefield semed treacherous. The light
shone on his first opponent.

"Welcome challenger. Congratulations on making it this far. You have traversed the
region collecting our coveted gym badges, and you have persevered through our
legendary Victory Road. I am IcyWorld, the first member of the Elite Four. I'm
sorry to disappoint you, but I'll be your last as well."

"Welcome to Planet New Mexico."

The screen above them switched on, displaying both trainers on the screen. Each
trainer was allotted six pokemon, which were also displayed. IcyWorld appeared to
have three pokemon, and Eze took notice. Both trainers threw their first pokemon into
the field. The battle had begun.

Eze sent out his scyther, preparing for an atack. IcyWorld had sent out his Abomasnow
and commanded it to use Rock Smash. Scyther was forced to dodge Abomasnow, having
trouble keeping balance on the ice. Eze knew that Scyther was not agile enough on
the ice to attack, and tried to strategize a solution. He took notice of the field
very quickly. The places scyther was dodging were filled with those stalagmites. As
Abomasnow attacked Scyther, the stalagmites suffered. Eze knew what to do, and
immediately called to scyther.

"Scyther, fling the icy rubble at Abomasnow's feet!"

Scyther responded quickly, performing one last dodge before using his scythes to
sweep the small rocks a Abomasnow's feet. Abomasnow immediately lost balance, and
fell down hard. Eze commanded Scyther to use X-Scissor, and in one direct hit the
Abomasnow had fallen defeated. IcyWorld pulled out his Pokeball and returned
Abomasnow to its resting place. IcyWorld pulld out his second pokemon, and threw it
into the field with a grin on his face.

Ludicolo was next in battle, and Eze couldn't help but chuckle. He quickly told
scyther to use steel wing. Scyther tackled the Ludicolo, send it across the ice.
As Ludicolo picked himself up, he stood there. Eze was confused, and stared at the
strange behavior. As seconds passed, Eze realized his mistake. Ludicolo was using
synthesis to absorb the spotlight's energy. Though it may not have been much, he
could be at maximum power if Eze didn't act quickly. Eze directed Scyther to use
Fury Swipes, hoping it would bring Ludicolo down. Eze was shocked to see Ludicolo
dodge each swipe using subtle jumps. Ludicolo was very agile on the ice, jumping
without ever losing balance. Scyther could not attack with enough force without
losing his balance, and was only losing energy as he tried to get a hit on Ludicolo.
Eze was stuck again in a predicament, and reached inside himself to find a solution.

Eze was struck with another idea, and put it into effect. He told Scyther to use his
scythes to move on the ice. Confused, Scyther listened and charged towards Ludicolo.
Right before attempting to tackle the pokemon with Steel Wing, he dug his scythe into
the ice. The scythe held firmly in the ice, and Scyther spun towards Ludicolo's
anticipated place to dodge, Sure enough, Ludicolo had jumped and Scyther was able to
knock it down with its other scythe. Using his finishing move, he attacked Ludicolo
with a flawless X-Scissor, taking it down.

IcyWorld's grin quickly disappeared, and he returned Ludicolo.

"So you are stronger than I had assumed. I respect the style you use, it's rare to
see a trainer of your age battle so well. But this is where it ends."

IcyWorld revealed his last pokemon. There stood a Rapidash, right in the center of
ice. Its power was great, and Eze knew he might not stand a chance.

"You are right IcyWorld. I may not win. You are too strong. What I don't understand
is why you are the first member of the elite four. They obviously aren't saving
the best for last now are they?"

IcyWorld was infuriated by this comment. He commanded his Rapidash to use Overheat
on the entire field. Eze has predicted IcyWorld's tactic succesfully, and commanded
Scyther to jump as high as he could. Scyther heard Eze, and jumped with quick
agility. Rapidash's overheat engulfed the entire stage, melting the ice around him.
By the time Scyther had hit the ground, the arena was flooded with water. Eze called
to Scyther and instructed him to use the water to his advantage. Scyther began to
charge at Rapidash, and started to swipe the water at Rapidash. Rapidash was caught
in a whirlpool of icy water, and was quickly drained of power. It wasn't long before
Rapidash fainted, and IcyWorld returned it to its pokeball. The match was over, and
Icy looked at Eze.

"That was very clever. Using my emotions against me was something I've not
experienced in battle. Some would call it unfair, but I call it using your resources.
Go on, challenger, the next elite four member awaits."

Elite Four 2

Eze walked onto the next platform, happy with his first battle. He knew tougher
battles were ahead, but he was ready. The platform reached the second level, and Eze
stepped off. Again, he stood in the challengers box, witing to see who he'd fight
next.

The spotlight shone on a scruffy man in front of him. The man walked into the arena
tossing a pokeball in his hand nonchalantly. He was very easy going, and his
attitude was very carefree. Staiain spoke up with his European accent.

"Look at that. You beat IcyWorld. What'd you do, walk by him? Haha, I'm Staiain. I am
the second member of the Elite Four. My speed is unmatched, and my name is legendary.
I won't go easy on you just because you're young. Come now, this is going to be a fun
battle!"

Staiain threw his pokeball into the ring. He was going to use his Hitmonchan, his
prized fighter pokemon. Eze saw that Staiain had three pokemon as well, and he knew
just who to use. He sent out his pokeball, and Snorlax was released into the battle.
Staiain laughed, and started off the battle with a bang. His Hitmonchan started to
attack Snorlax. In a swift move, Hitmonchan managed to attack Snorlax with a Mega
Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Comet Punch, and just about every attack
it could think of. To Staiain's amazement, Snorlax was unaffected. Eze knew his
Snorlax was strong, but it would never fight. He hoped his strategy was going to work,
and he watched as the Hitmonchan attacked Snorlax with a fury of punches. After some
time, Staiain spoke up.

"Ok, this has gone on long enough! Hitmonchan, use Dynamic Punch!"

Eze had predicted the match well. He watched as Hitmonchan hit Snorlax with a huge
Dynamic Punch. Snorlax woke up and looked at Hitmonchan. He was confused and quite
angry, and he grabbed Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan was stunned, as Snorlax jumped into the
air. He came down and slammed Hitmonchan hard. Hitmonchan instantly fainted.

Hitmonchan was transferred to its pokeball, and Staiain quickly pulled out his next
one. He sent out Heracross, and immediately sent it to attack. Heracross attacked
with brick break. Once again, Snorlax was unaffected. Staiain was forced to use an
item, and Eze watched as Staiain pulled out a jar of Sweet Honey. Eze knew this was
a big mistake. Staiain chucked the jar of honey to Heracross, but it was too late.
Eze's Snorlax recognized the scent and went after the honey. He stiff armed Heracross
effortlessly, and caught the honey. Heracross fainted and returned the pokeball. Eze
could see Staian's frustration as Snorlax ate the honey.

"So your Snorlax thinks this is a joke eh? Try this one on for size you big oaf!"

Staiain sent out his last pokemon. Onix. Snorlax ignored the pokemon and continued to
eat his honey. Staiain caught a smirk and watched as Onix dug into the ground. The
arena was silent, and the only sound was the sound of Snorlax licking the honey of
his claws. Snorlax froze, and looked around. Eze could see that Snorlax was
disturbed, abd sure enough, Onix burst out of the ground. Snorlax was sent flying
into the air, the jar of honey in the other direction. Snorlax fell to the ground
and immediately fainted.

Eze knew that this Onix was a force that he couldn't underestimate. He returned
Snorlax and sent out his Dustox. Staiain cackled in sight of the Dustox.

"Are you really going to try to defeat my Onix with a measly Dustox? You have dug
Dustox's grave, and I mean that in every way possible. Onix! USE ROCK SLIDE!"

Onix whipped up a storm of boulders. His brute strength could easily knock out
Dustox. Eze had faith in his Dustox, and commanded it to dodge all the boulders. He
watched as his Dustox skillfully dodged them, and used Confusion. Onix began to
become affected, and his rock throws were becoming reckless and inaccurate. Dustox
rushed towards Onix, and using a combination of Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and Poison
Powder, stopped Onix from destroying the field. The Onix was so affected by his
status ailments that it tried to dig into the walls, and began to hurt himself.
Staiain watched as his precious Onix fell to the ground at its own strength. Staiain
returned Onix as it fainted, and began to applaud Eze.

"Props young trainer. That was some epic battling. Where I'm unmatched in speed and
strength, you make up in wits and luck. I mean that in a good way haha. Go on
trainer, the next guy is waiting."

Elite Four 3

Eze rode the platform up with confidence. He reflected on those words. His wits and
luck. He always thought of luck as something that was out of his control. But he
realized what those words meant. He couldn't control when he was lucky, but with his
wits, he could strengthen the chances of getting lucky. Little did he know that he
was going to need this to defeat his next opponent.

He stepped off the platform into a dimly lit arena. The 3rd floor differed
from the last two. It was poorly lit, and the silence was eerie. He could hear
creaking wood as he stared at the other side. He saw someone emerge from the shadows
and step to field. He couldn't see his face, but he knew that he was there.

"...Welcome challenger. The last two people you've faced are known across the land
for their strength and speed. It is true, they aren't easily matched. But what they
lack is precision. Mastering precision is no easy task young one. One must practice
and practice. I think it's time you experienced a real battle. Oh, my apologies.

I'm midare. Let the battle begin."

Midare threw out his first pokeball. Like the other members, he too had three pokemon.
His first pokemon was a Sableye. Eze threw out his Blaziken. Eze commanded Blaziken
to use Blaze Kick. Eze was pretty confident that this battle might be easy. Sableye
wasn't moving, and Blaziken got close. Even Blaziken was sure that he was going to
land a hit. Right before he lanuched his leg, Sableye jumped up and scratched
Blaziken. Blaziken fell down and had dealt with huge damage, throwing Eze off guard.

"...it's all about precision. Strength isn't the only factor as you can tell. My
Sableye's critical hits are deadly. Are you sure you want to engage in this battle?"

Eze had to go on the defensive. He told Blaziken to block and dodge. He watched
Blaziken dodge attacks while he tried to figure out a solution. He gave up hope,
realizing he had no real way to fight this. He remembered when he was 12 years old,
getting his first pokemon. His dream was to become champion. He trained his Torchic
day in and day out. All for this. He couldn't let his pokemon down. His early days
of training couldn't go to waste.

Eze realized the answer. He had to go back to his early days. Eze shouted to Blaziken,
telling it to focus. He told Blaziken to focus, focus like his early days of training.
Blaziken jumped back from Sableye, and he sat down. He started to meditate, and his
body became his target. He used Focus Energy, a move that had been dormant from his
early days. His eyes shot open, and he stood. Sableye was ready to attack, and
charged Blaziken. His keen sense of accuracy was hard to escape, but Blaziken
prepared his move. He aimed at Sableye and performed a fighting kick. Sableye to the
left, but was in for a big surprise. He performed a quick second kick in Sableye's
direction, landing a critical Double Kick. Sableye fainted, and Midare returned the
tired pokemon to its pokeball.

"Very interesting. How did you manage to kick through my Sableye so easily?"

"My Blaziken is a special pokemon. He was saved from an evil lab, where they were
testing new items that taught pokemon moves by invading their mind. He was the runt
of the group, and he only learned Odor Sleuth. Happened to help this time."

"That is a very wise choice. As much as I'd love to hear about your past, I think
it's time you worry about your future. It won't be easy to go back home defeated."

Midare sent out his next pokemon Rotom. Blaziken looked at the eerie pokemon, and
was ready to attack. He used flamethrower and aimed directly at the Rotom. Rotom
then changed his form, and used Hydro Pump.The Flamethrower was doused instantly.

"You aren't the only person with a special pokemon you know. Your journey ends here."

Rotom began to blast water all over the arena. Blaziken dodged it as much as it could,
and there was little room to run. The arena was becoming flooded, and Eze had to act
fast. He did notice that the room differed from the past ones. It was risky, but he
had no choice. He told Blaziken to run along the walls and climb the lights. Because
the lights were very dim, there were many to provide proper lighting. Blaziken
climbed the lights, avoiding blasts of water. Eze watched as Blaziken ran out of
and out of impulse, told Blaziken to grab on to the ceiling light. Blaziken jumped
towards the ceiling light, and the weight was too much. The ceiling light fell,
and Blaziken knew the battle was over. Rotom looked at the light falling above him.
Instead of dodging it, He floated towards it. Eze surveyed the Rotom, until
it reached the light and began to change shape. It had returned to its
original form. Eze saw the opportunity and ordered Blaziken to use Blast Burn.
Blaziken followed, and used his ultimate move. Rotom was hit before it could change
shape, and they both fell to the ground. Blaziken was out of breath, and the Rotom
fainted. Midare returned Rotom to its pokeball.

"Go on, challenger. You've beat me. The last member awaits."

"Don't you have another pokemon? Are you forfeiting?"

"Your strategy has surpassed mine. My Rotom changes shape due to the devices it
touches. Never in my years of battling have I seen someone pull off a move as great
as yours. You have convinced me there is more to battling than just practicing.
Move on, and defeat our last member. You are one step away from being our new
champion."

Elite Four 4

Eze stepped on his final platform. He wondered if there was really a third pokemon.
He felt that he was given the match win. He's never met a trainer that has forfeited
a match before. Trainers live to compete. For a trainer to give up a battle with such
high stakes was rare. He thought about battling in general, and he repeated the words.
There is more to battling than just practicing, and it was a motto he lived by.

The platform reached the 4th and final level. He stepped up to his final challenger's
box, and awaited the Elite Four Leader.

All at once, spotlights shone brightly. Eze covered his eyes. He was still used to
dim lights from the last room that he couldn't completely handle the brightness. Eze
struggled to fixate his eyes on the trainer before him. He walked with style,
sporting an elegant suit and wearing an expensive fedora. Eze looked up at what he
called his idol. This trainer was the one thing between him and his dream.

"Jeez, did all three of them fail so badly? You don't look strong at all. I'm
DossarLX. Got it? Good. Because that's all you'll be thinking of when you're walking
down to Epic Fail Bridge. I had it made for anyone who had the guts to come through
Victory Road just to ge beat by me. Now then, I'm bored. Entertain me."

DossarLX sent out his Flygon. Eze knew he had no choice to send out his fifth pokemon.
his last pokemon wasn't ready for a match like this. He took out his pokeball, and
sent out his Weavile, his fastest pokemon. He directed Weavile to use Ice Punch.
Weavile blazed across the stage and hit Flygon with the attack. Though Flygon took
damage, his recovery time was instant. He retaliated with a Fire Blast, and with a
direct shot cut Weavile's triumph short. Flygon was strong, and Weavile could not
withstand another attack like that. Eze knew he had to mix up his strategy, and he
had Weavile dodge. Flygon was supernaturally fast, and even Weavile, one of the
fastest pokemon, had a hard time keeping up. As Weavile dodged Wing Attack and
Dragonbreath, Eze contemplated his next move. He watched Weavile struggle to avoid
attacks, and he had to strategically place the Flygon.He told Weavile to dodge near
DossarLX. He instructed Weavile to then jump in the air, and to his amazement,
Weavile was able to pull it off very well. Weavile connected his aerial movement, and
was able to right in front of DossarLX. He jumped into the air, and watched Eze smile.
Flygon had looked up into the light and blinded itself. Eze maneuvered it well, and
Weavile finished Flygon off with a devastating Ice Punch.

"I don't have time for this. Screw the rules, I'm sending out my best pokemon now."

DossarLX sent out his second, and what may have been the last, pokemon. Garchomp
appeared on the stage. Garchomp wasted no time and immediately used Dragon Rush.
Weavile dodged the attack, but took partial damage. Garchomp used Drain Punch, and
tried to land one on Weavile. Weavile dodged continously out of desperation. Eze
knew this could be the end. If Garchomp was able to land one, he'd aborb the rest
of Weavile's Energy. Garchomp was incredibly strong, and doing that would only make
the match a landslide victory for DossarLX. None of the pokemon could defeat Garchomp.

None of the other pokemon! That was the answer Eze was looking for! Eze knew it was
against the rules to have more than one of his pokemon on the field, but he needed
their combined strength to beat Garchomp. It would be his last move, but it would be
the most important move in his journey. Eze told Weavile to use Beat Up, and using
Weavile's unique move, Weavile was able to gather the strength of Eze's other pokemon
to deal one last finishing blow to Garchomp. Weavile along could not stop Garchomp,
but Garchomp's fault was that it could not a strong attack easily. What it had in
strength it lacked in agility. Weavile landed the attack, and Garchomp was down for
the count. DossarLX returned his Garchomp and started laughing.

"Did you forget I had a third pokemon? Oh my god, that is a huge fail! They say
Staiain can match my power, but his inability to plan effective strategies is what
makes me the real champion around here. Now that you drained all of your pokemon's
powers, this is going to be easy. This is farewell. You get an A for eff-"

"At the moment, the doors behind DossarLX opened. Eze and DossarLX looked to see
who opened them, and DossarLX started to speak up.

"Oh, uh, hey! Don't worry! He's already defeated. His pokemon are wiped out, and,
well, you know, gotta finish them off one by one, kind of silly if you ask me, but
it is'"

"Stop. I could care less."

DossarLX silenced himself, with a monotous expression. Eze watched as the man walked
towards DossarLx. He took DossarLX's place in the box and introduced himself."

"I'm Charles. I heard a lot about you. one of the youngest and fastest trainers to go
from no one to someone with eight badges. Many trainers have tried to get the rank of
Champion, none have prevailed. Do you want to know why? Because I said so. You see,
Eze, I built this region from the ground up. I brought life and unity to these towns,
bringing business to some of the bustling cities you see today. You think I'm just
going to sit backand let someone take the glory of becoming Stepmania's Legend? Ha,
wouldn't that be rich. I'm the only champion around here. I think it's time you
leared that the hard way.

Charles revealed his belt. Eze saw that Charles only carried one pokeball. Charles
took the pokeball out and pointed it at Eze.

"See this? This is your worst nightmare. You can't make it past me. No one can.
HAHAHA!"

Charles sent out what appeared to be a simple pokemon. Eze recognized it as Ditto,
and remembered hearing tales of it's shape shifting abilties. He was always told that
these pokemon were very weak and usually harmless. Eze commanded Weavile to use
Night Slash. Ditto suddenly transformed into Weavile and quickly dodged the attack.
Ditto used Night Slash as well, and Weavile fainted. As Eze returned his beloved
Weavile, he looked at Charles.

"See? You aren't going to win. Under normal circumstances, you might have a chance.
But all your pokemon that have battled have suffered damage, and are weakened. My
Ditto will take them down like the pests they are.

Unfortunately Charles was right. Eze watched as his pokemon were taken down one by
one. Each time he'd send them out Ditto would transform and use their abilities
against them. Eze sent out his scyther, and he too was defeated at the sight
of his own X-Scissor. Eze had no pokemon left, except for the one he knew wasn't
ready, He had just received this pokemon in a trade, and he knew it couldn't face
an Elite Four's pokemon.

"Looks like I won. Anything you have to say before you walk down that bridge?"

Eze looked down. He revealed his belt and took out his last pokemon. Charles was
curious as to what Eze was hiding. Eze wasted no time in feeding his curiousity and
sent out his final pokemon. Porygon had taken the battle field, and it stared at
Ditto. He ordered Porygon to use psybeam, and as it shot a beam of light a barrier
shot from the ground. It deflected the psybeam, and Porygon was hit.

"When I tell you that you can't win, I mean it. No matter what it takes. You call
it cheating, I call it using my resources. Ditto, use psybeam."

Ditto transformed into the Porygon and followed Charles' orders. Eze watched as
Porygon was hit again. One more hit and Porygon was done with. Eze didn't think he
would have to do it. But seeing Charles, he knew it was the only way.

"Porygon! Use InI Hack!"

Charles stared at the Porygon as it stood there. Charles scoffed and assumed Eze was
bluffing, and commanded Ditto to turn into Garchomp. Ditto used Dragon Rush, and sped
towards Porygon. He sliced through Porygon, creating a cloud of dust as he made a
crater in the floor. As the dust cleared up, Charles saw that Porygon was nowhere to
be found. Ditto looked around, and spotted Porygon in the corner of the stage. He
proceeded to charge at Porygon again, but Porygon started to dodge. It was no
regular dodge, you couldn't see Porgyon move at all. It was as if he lagged his
way across the battle field. Porygon disappeared, and Eze shouted to it. Eze asked
for a critical hit Hyper Beam, and sure enough, Porygon appeared right behind Ditto,
hitting him with a Hyper Beam of massive power. Ditto transformed to its normal self
and fainted. Charles was horrified as Eze returned his Porygon to its pokeball.

"Good thing I received this pokemon in the trade. You'd call it cheating, but I call
it using my resources. Good game Charles, see you in the Hall of Fame."
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain
Default Re: [SM/PKMN spoof] Pokemon Ultima - Stepmania's Elite Four (Feat. 6 Well Known Membe

Haha, I'm dying
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: [SM/PKMN spoof] Pokemon Ultima - Stepmania's Elite Four (Feat. 6 Well Known Membe

* First Singaporean to beat the Elite Four

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

**** I read this before and this still kills me xD
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm not even mentioned anywhere this story fails

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Roar176
FFR Player

because Ur Bad.
Roar176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Yuyuko-sama
Banned

oh, this story xD
Yuyuko-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
hazard28
That old weeb
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to hazard28

LOL this is great. INI hack hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
Well, you'd have to print them out first.
hazard28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar176 View Post
because Ur Bad.
(:
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #10
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

this is great
Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

i can't give you 5, but i can give you 3

1. Determined, hard working
2. Happy when he accomplished something he works for
3. korean xd
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
Edit: Maybe people could describe leonid in 5 words or less and I can get an idea. :P
Thanks Staiain haha. Also, noticed my story is filled with horrible grammar errors and typos. I'll fix it soon, but I finished the story late at night, so my proofreading skills weren't exactly awesome.But yea, there are plenty of typos.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

How the hell does Flygon tank a quad-power STAB Ice Punch from Weavile and retaliate with Fire Blast, which Weavile also survives?

So many other "aim for the horn" moments that completely fly in the face of the game's logic, but I won't list them here. Good story regardless.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
ddrxero64
FFR Player

@igotrhythm I spent almost five hours writing that as bluntly as possible. It's a spoof, so it doesn't have to follow the rules. But do you realize how long this story would be if it resembled an actual battle? Do you know how many times Sableye would have had to scratch a Blaziken to get him down? I'm all for making it realistic, but I would still be writing the story at this moment if I did all that. AKA Death by writing excessive fan fiction

For tl;dr people. Ash's Pikachu defeated a Dragonite in the Orange League. WTF?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #15
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Hey, that's all right. Had a bit of pent-up nerd rage to vent, which probably means I need to scribble in my journal more than I do. The users in their Elite Four personae are characterized very well (and I love how Icy was chosen for the role of Lorelei), the dialogue fits quite well, but the Champion battle had me going "wtf, fourth wall = gone". Probably a reference to an event in your community that would naturally go over my head.

This is good stuff, anyway, and while the anime-style battling stretched my world of number-crunching and type alignments to the extremes, it was the writing that kept me wanting to see how it would end, which is a very good thing.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #16
ddrxero64
FFR Player

@igotrhythm Thanks. Really though, probably the first in depth critique I received. I actually started writing these as a joke, and they were receiving some good recognition, so I pursued it. This is my first attempt at battle scenes, so the battles aren't as detailed as I wanted. Reason being that even in the anime, they are somewhat repetitive. Also, thinking of many different ways to say "He commanded his pokemon to use slash" is ridiculously hard.

As for the end, that's my humor. Also why I labeled it spoof. I wrote this as I went along, and most of the ideas came along the way. I didn't start thinking of porygon until Elite Four member 3.

But yea, thanks for the critique. If you checked out my other story (main focus, 6 chapters left), you'll see how I really write. That one takes the focus off battling, and is definitely a unique perspective. Each pokemon represents a member on SMO. I plan to write this for a while, and after the next 6 chapters, I'm going to start introducing more people. Even people who aren't exactly SMO members. :P