Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-9-2004, 12:09 PM   #1
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer
Default Get...these...games...now...

Viewtiful Joe and MGS: The Twin Snakes.

They are just CRAZY. Both for GC, though. You must get these two games. Moogy would agree, VJ is one of the best games like...ever.
Old 05-9-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I AGREE

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2004, 01:36 PM   #3
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

DAMN. STRAIGHT.

I love Viewtiful Joe to death, own it, and I have beaten it.

I have rented The Twin Snakes and you know what? ITS MOTHAFUCKIN SWEET. Definitely worth buying.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:50 PM   #4
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Privateer, you also think Halo is the best PC shooter, so excuse me if I don't take you seriously.

Seriously though, Viewtiful Joe is a cool game, even dispite being on the Cube. I haven't played it extensively, but if they ever port it to PC I might consider picking it up. As for the Twin Snakes (which I've also played), well, it has its ups and downs. The graphics are definitely a nice improvement. However, as a Playstation MGS vet, I have some complaints about the game...most noticeably how much easier it is. In the first MGS you couldn't shoot people. You just couldn't. It was easier to hide and be stealthy, like the game was supposed to be, 99% of the time. And I found that a lot cooler. In this, it's just like MGS2- you can run through and kill everyone. Not that it's not fun, but it kind of destroys the stealth element. Also, it makes boss fights a ton easier- like when you're fighting Revolver Ocelot, you can just sit in one place in the corner and pick him off whenever he pops out without ever taking a hit. Lame.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:54 PM   #5
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
As for the Twin Snakes (which I've also played), well, it has its ups and downs. The graphics are definitely a nice improvement. However, as a Playstation MGS vet, I have some complaints about the game...most noticeably how much easier it is. In the first MGS you couldn't shoot people. You just couldn't. It was easier to hide and be stealthy, like the game was supposed to be, 99% of the time. And I found that a lot cooler. In this, it's just like MGS2- you can run through and kill everyone. Not that it's not fun, but it kind of destroys the stealth element. Also, it makes boss fights a ton easier- like when you're fighting Revolver Ocelot, you can just sit in one place in the corner and pick him off whenever he pops out without ever taking a hit. Lame.
Depends on the player's style of approach. Even with gun fights being easier, it can still be pretty hard to fight off all the guards. Ever accidentally set off an alarm while grabbing the sniper rifle in the armory? And youre all like, "SHEET! SHEET!" and running down the halls like a madman and rapidly hitting the elevator button? Yeah, let's see rambo through that! The thing I found about the first person view was that it still took some time to aim with it, and you had to sit still while doing it, so I wouldnt say it was that easy. Revolver Ocelot was the only boss made easy from it. And compared to the original Metal Gear Solid, I'd say the AI has definitely improved.
And you gotta love those new cutscenes. I'm probably saying too much but, Ninja = WOAH.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
ultimategamer
FFR Player

while the cutscenes were cool and all, i didn't like most of the new voices. in fact, i'd be MUCH happier if they just stuck in all of the old voices and stuff w/o doing a complete redubbing. other than that it was a very awesome, much harder than the original game. Although that mighta been because i played through it w/o getting a single kill the first time.

Heres another game to add to that list: Ninja Gaiden for the XBox. Its hard enough to make even the most hardcore, elite gamers cry. Yet not hard in the furstating way, but rather in the i'm-just-not-good-enough-yet way. I've only played it for about 2-3 hours on normal, and i can hardly imagine how hard those developers made it on hard difficulty. In short, that game is a must have cause its one of the few games these days that actually present a great degree of difficulty, so that you feel satisfied when progress in it.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:33 AM   #7
Privateer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Privateer

Quote:
Privateer, you also think Halo is the best PC shooter, so excuse me if I don't take you seriously.
I DEFINITELY NEVER SAID THAT. :P
Privateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:54 AM   #8
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG

you guys can trash the cube all you want, I don't care, because it has Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2, and nothing can touch that.

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #9
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

Yeah, you do love to touch the balls.
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookG
you guys can trash the cube all you want, I don't care, because it has Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2, and nothing can touch that.
OMG SUPER MONKEY BALL FAN OMG OMG OMG OMG

SUPER MONKEY BALL 3 COMING OUT SOON OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Seriously, though, I have beaten those games like 189759432186 times and they are still fun.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #11
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Damn, the gamecube is sweet...

Personally, I'm an XBOX man myself, but I certainly love the 'cube and the gaming greatness it puts out such as Viewtiful Joe (seriously, try to find a bad game from Capcom...) and many other legacies.

Oh, and fuck the PS2.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musical_Master
Quote:

Seriously, though, I have beaten those games like 189759432186 times and they are still fun.
I used to be the 4th best public player at SMB. Had like 22 world records at one time in SMB2 I believe. Don't talk to me until you can beat the enitre game without continuing (I almost had a perfect run in SMB2, died once in the master extra levels ), including expert, expert extra, master (SMB), and master extra (SMB2).
Old 05-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #13
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainmaster07
Quote:
Quote:

I used to be the 4th best public player at SMB. Had like 22 world records at one time in SMB2 I believe. Don't talk to me until you can beat the enitre game without continuing (I almost had a perfect run in SMB2, died once in the master extra levels ), including expert, expert extra, master (SMB), and master extra (SMB2).
Old 05-22-2004, 12:12 AM   #14
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

I could post some videos if you really wanted me to :O. (For high scores, not the whole run, lol, that would be like a giga-byte with my compressors.)
Old 05-22-2004, 03:01 AM   #15
RobbyZero
FFR Player

SUPER SMASH = BEST GAME EVER GO GC!
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #16
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
I could post some videos if you really wanted me to :O. (For high scores, not the whole run, lol, that would be like a giga-byte with my compressors.)
That is pretty good. The best I can do is using one continue on the master levels. Oh, and anybody I meet, I whoop their ass in Monkey Dogfight. Im undefeated at that game.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #17
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Quote:
Seriously though, Viewtiful Joe is a cool game, even dispite being on the Cube.
OMG STOOPID KIDDIE SYSTUM IS SO GAY

-_-;

The GameCube as a system is the best one out there, in my humble opinion. Games made for the system (as in, the companies bother to tweak it all to run right) look better than other games for other systems. Also, load times are practically non-existant on any GC game I've played. The controllers are damn comfy, and while the button layout is a little strange, it still works.

The only problem with the system is that so many 3rd party companies pass up on it because it is in their eyes a "kiddie system." Last I checked, it was up to the 3rd party companies to make systems what they were. If they think it's a kiddie system, go and make some damn AO rated games or something. It'd change that opinion around right quick.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #18
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Quote:
Quote:
That is pretty good. The best I can do is using one continue on the master levels. Oh, and anybody I meet, I whoop their ass in Monkey Dogfight. Im undefeated at that game.
Yeah, of course they kind of took the challenge away letting you start on master to unlock master extra (If your talking about SMB2). And for SMB... um, yeah, master is beyond evil. (My first run was 3 HOURS, just trying to pass the levels o_O, and I could beat all the expert/expert extra levels without dieing to...)

EDIT: Oh, and Ikaruga is a truely awesome game for anyone up to the challenge. I've played it for 30 hours and can still barely beat easy without continuing, never done it with over one life left. And normal/expert? :O