Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Trivalent
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Trivalent
Default FFR Scoring System

FFR Scoring System

During gameplay, you'll notice a score being counted at the bottom of your screen. This is your Raw Score. It is calculated based on your accuracy, number of Misses, and number of Boos. Each of these scoring factors either add or subtract to this score. Their values are:

50pts for every Perfect
25pts for every Good
5pts for every Average
-10pts for every Miss
-5pts for every Boo

At the end of the song, this Raw Score, as well as your highest achieved combo during the song (Max Combo), are put into this formula to calculate your total score:

Max Combo*1000 + Perfects*500 + 250*Goods + 50*Averages - Misses*300 - Boos*15 + Raw Score

Note: Negative Raw Scores show up as 0 on Velocity's engine. This does not occur on Legacy's engine.

Each scoring factor has its own multiplier in the formula and your Raw Score is added to all of this at the end. Since Perfects, Goods, Averages, Misses and Boos all have an effect on your Raw Score, the total gained from each of these factors are:

Perfect --> 500 + 50 = 550
Good --> 250 + 25 = 275
Average --> 50 + 5 = 55
Miss --> -300 -10 = -310
Boo --> -15 - 5 = -20

The first value is the multiplier in the formula, the second is the amount you get from your Raw Score for each scoring factor. On top of this, you Max Combo is multiplied by 1000 and added to your total score. This makes the final scoring factors:

Perfect = 550
Good = 275
Average = 55
Miss = -310
Boo = -20
Max Combo*1000

These factors are actually fixed and do not change throughout the song. If you want, you can actually ignore the formula and simply use these fixed values to calculate your total score.

Total score (which includes your combo bonus) is most often referred to as Combo Scoring and is the score that gets added to grand total and it is also used in leaderboards and some tournaments. Raw scoring, on its own, is used in multiplayer and often in tournaments as it is usually a better determinant of skill since it rewards good accuracy and discourages and penalizes mashing.

Last edited by Trivalent; 11-9-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Trivalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Scoring Formula

When you think about Misses shouldn't the live play score of it technically be -60?

I mean even though the game only subtracts 10 from your score you are technically losing 50 points for not getting a perfect...

Maybe I'm just thinking to much about it. Just throwing it out I guess.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You make it way too complicated. If you're trying to appeal to newcomers, it can be explained much more simply.

Middie, he is technically right that a miss subtracts 10 from your raw score, but it is *equivalent* to 2.2 goods lost.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Trivalent
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Thead edited.

Completely restructured to be explained more simply. I used a simplified version of the formula which is easier to understand and explained how it works briefly. This should be far easier to understand for everyone and should be much more organized.

Edit: If possible, I would like this thread's title to be renamed to "FFR Scoring System".

Last edited by Trivalent; 11-1-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-1-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scoring System

The total score is done as follows, (if your raw score is below 0, it's set to 0. This doesn't happen in the Legacy Engine):

if(raw_score < 0) { raw_score = 0 }

total = (perfects * 500) + (good * 250) + (average * 50) + (max_combo * 1000) - (miss * 300) - (boo * 15) + raw_score

While the raw is done:
raw_score = (perfects * 50) + (goods * 25) + (averages * 5) - (misses * 10) - (boo * 5))
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Trivalent
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Scoring System

Ah, well that clarifies a lot, and is far simpler. I'll re-edit using that instead.