Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-3-2009, 07:33 PM   #41
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: Zelda for Wii in 2010!

*more than a grain of salt.

And no, I just didn't like the execution of TP. I thought it was nice that theyre finally doing something different, but turning into a wolf wasn't really what i was thinking.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 07:45 PM   #42
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
IN MY OPINION THERE HAS NOT BEEN A BAD ZELDA GAME

Also, If you had a bad experience with TP, It' probably because you didn't like wolf Link.

I didn't like majora's Mask, but that game certainly wasn't a flop (3.36 mil copies sold). Everyone has different preferences, just because a game doesn't appeal to your particular expectations doesn't mean it's a poor game.

OOT itself sold 7.6 million copies and is considered the pinnacle of the Zelda franchise
TP isn't that far behind, selling 6.82 million copies.

Twilight princess is the second best-selling game of the Zelda franchise. The fact that Solid-whatever-the-hell considers it a flop just means everyone else should take his opinion with less than a grain of salt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic though, I'd love to see a zelda game for the Wii with the motion plus thing. I'm sure it's going to be excellent. We're getting closer and closer to the days of real virtual reality games.
Yeah I'm actually on the fence whether TP was my favourite Zelda. OoT is definitely there but so is Wind Waker. I highly enjoyed those three. LttP I loved dearly but It was mainly the gameplay. I rank immersion higher in things I like about games and TP and OoT is what I got an extremely high level of immersion from. TP more maybe because of the story and graphic. With OoT real high because of the Immersion from the story and the fact I was quite young and easily susceptible and easier to be swept away in it.

My Christmas present at a younger age of can't remember was a Gameboy Colour and Link's Awakening DX. I loved that game.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 07:53 PM   #43
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
*more than a grain of salt.

And no, I just didn't like the execution of TP. I thought it was nice that theyre finally doing something different, but turning into a wolf wasn't really what i was thinking.
dude they're not releasing the game so shut up and stop complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

+3 for trolling

I can complain about a game if I want to, and I'm just saying I want something new.

We've had basically the same thing happening in every link game except majora's mask and wind waker or whatever the ship sailing one was, and that caused such an outcry because HOW DARE YOU MAKE LINK LOOK KAWAII AND ANIME that nobody noticed that it was really a good game.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 06-3-2009, 08:12 PM   #45
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
+3 for trolling

I'm just saying I want something new.
cool well go ****ing wait in your corner for a new game to come out

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:13 PM   #46
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Dont get mad bro i'm just postin mah thots y u gotta rage at me

Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:17 PM   #47
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

because you're annoying

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:21 PM   #48
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Oh.

...oh. I guess you'd know everything about annoying, mister hai cn i b profil mod guido guido guido guido hey guido hey guido are you payin attention hey guido hey guidof fffff

Why do you persist in hijacking threads about wii zelda into your white knight crap

Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:42 PM   #49
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I wasn't a big fan of Majora's mask because it didn't have enough dungeons for me. It had a lot of sidequests, but not enough big fights.

I'd like to see a zelda game where you have to start one dungeon but can't finish it in one go. Maybe you get the new weapon and go to the next dungeon and come back. Or you find something else somewhere. I think that would be revolutionary.

Personally I also want a Harder zelda series Like Megaman's X series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 08:49 PM   #50
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Oh.

...oh. I guess you'd know everything about annoying, mister hai cn i b profil mod guido guido guido guido hey guido hey guido are you payin attention hey guido hey guidof fffff

Why do you persist in hijacking threads about wii zelda into your white knight crap
Maybe because I actually liked the game.
and i have no idea wtf you are talking about with guido

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:54 PM   #51
Gigispackles
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Manti is owned this thread, in my opinion. XD (No, I won't argue. Not gonna do what Solid Dreams did.)

Yeah, having a game what Manti suggested would be really cool. Especially with it being a Zelda game. I haven't played a Zelda game too hard or worth complaining over for getting lost/confused on how to get something accomplished that deals with getting to the end. Then again, I haven't played many Zelda games. Only from the original to Majora's Mask. That's the latest Zelda game I've played. =/

All those Zelda games I liked. Little dislikes here and there but doesn't stand out enough for me to dislike the game as a whole. Even though I haven't played Twilight Princess or even seen a trailer longer than 2 minutes(making sure I don't spoil it), I'm looking forward to seeing a new Zelda game for the Wii.
Old 06-3-2009, 08:54 PM   #52
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

of course you don't

And I don't care that you liked or disliked the game. I wasn't even talking about it, other than the fact that it's basically just like every other zelda except link turns into a wolf.

Wanting something new does not mean that I should be considered "annoying" and that you should go out of your way to make yourself look stupid. =/

In other words...

give me something new to do, other than a damn gimmick. Sure, motion plus would be cool...but a crap game+ motion plus does not make a great game.

Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 08:56 PM   #53
RaptorHaysewus
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to RaptorHaysewus

oh god yes

oh god

yes

Is what I'll be saying once I actually give Twilight Princess a try, I have it, I bought it, but I haven't actually played it properly.

Along with Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem on the Wii, both awesome games I just haven't been able to get into.
Old 06-3-2009, 09:21 PM   #54
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
of course you don't

And I don't care that you liked or disliked the game. I wasn't even talking about it, other than the fact that it's basically just like every other zelda except link turns into a wolf.

Wanting something new does not mean that I should be considered "annoying" and that you should go out of your way to make yourself look stupid. =/

In other words...

give me something new to do, other than a damn gimmick. Sure, motion plus would be cool...but a crap game+ motion plus does not make a great game.

I like your suggestion, but you have to remember, It's ZELDA. He's not going to pick up a gun, there won't be crazy technological powerups, It won't be set in a different time or setting for the following reasons.

Link is Link
Hyrule is Hyrule
The setting is similar to medieval times. They won't change it to a technological future (Interferes with Metriod) or the far past.

That said I reiterate my point about dungeon design. I'd like them to be even harder then they currently are. Nintendo would be well served to make the dungeons less linear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 06-3-2009, 09:27 PM   #55
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Why would I want a futuristic zelda?

I think that FF started to go downhill after they started doing games like that.

What I think would be neat is, like you said, have a dungeon that requires you to keep getting newt hings to complete it.

have you start out in that dungeon, and you're looking for the triforce or something, and everytime you run into a wall you have to go out and hunt out information.

Have things like the ocarina where you can change time, but have the dungeon shift it's entire configuration depending on if it's night or day.

I'd love to see a zelda game that isn't under 10 hours. I want a world that takes me awhile to get places, that I need a train or a boat or anything to get to, that has a ton of places to go to, that has anything...other than what it usually has.

a lot of places that you can go to, but they're mostly empty.

What I really enjoyed about LttP is you can do the dungeons in a different order each game once you get to the dark world.

I'd like to see a game where you could have a helper (not like navi/tweet/whatever his name is/wolf girl) but someone who actually will fight with you, that you can hire for an x amount of time.

You'd need his help to climb up a wall: he might have something that you could use, such as a rope or grappling hook. Give us more AI to work with, rather than Hey! listen! hey!

My main problem is that zelda throws out these awesome ideas...but they don't really go anywhere with them. half of Wind Waker was empty space. fff you get a boat, give me places to go with it!

Quote:

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 06-3-2009 at 09:30 PM..
Old 06-3-2009, 09:41 PM   #56
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

All of those are good suggestions. The problem is that Nintendo wants to attract EVERYONE. And that means attracting younger gamers who aren't as good as we are.

You're looking for Nintendo to turn Zelda into Morrowind or some other Huge RPG like that. I just don't think Nintendo has something like that in them. They've never released an RPG with over 30 or 40 hours of gameplay (at least to my knowledge).

I think this is because the younger gamers they are trying to attract would be put off by such a long game. Remember Nintendo uses Zelda(RPG), Metriod(FPS) and Mario(Platformer) as their franchise attracting games. I don't think they'll ever take one of them and significantly change the gameplay unless they create a subseries. (Like megaman X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 06-3-2009, 09:44 PM   #57
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, I know. It just irritates me that they've been producing the same game, basically, ever since they started, and nobody really complains, and all you hear is about how wonderful it is.

Because you know damn well that it could be a lot better.

Quote:
Old 06-3-2009, 09:58 PM   #58
RaptorHaysewus
FFR Player

In 3 words, say why Zelda/Twilight Princess is awesome.

Zelda NES

You Shoot Swords

Or don't, whatever.
Old 06-5-2009, 02:01 AM   #59
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

oh wait what the girl is the mastersword?

Quote:
Old 06-5-2009, 09:30 AM   #60
RaptorHaysewus
FFR Player

Everyone just shut the **** up and play the new Zelda game on the DS, the first one was ****ing amazing, I had a blast with online, it was the game I was most addicted to and completed the fastest since Pokemon Gold (2-3 days when I was about 10) so what's the problem? Of course they're going to be releasing a new Zelda Wii game, are you insane? Zelda has been going for 20+ Years now. Rejoice about MARIO GALAXY 2. You can ride yoshi, bitch.