Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #121
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Kongregate Brag Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglinguy View Post
nice joe, I can't juggle (ironic huh?) to save my life on that game.
I didn't juggle.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #122
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

you don't need to juggle on hard mode. not even close. lol. you do on the 100 though, and i fail at juggling.

also, mage... you actually play SCGMD by holding the keyboard like a guitar? lol.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #123
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

I was wandering if someone would actually think of trying it, let alone play with it.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #124
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i've seen youtube vids of people doing it with Frets on Fire. and, the creator of SCGMD did "plan" for people to be able to play that way... hence the 1234 and the ASDF. if just ASD, like in #2, you can't do it. But for #3... having 1234, you can.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #125
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Monster's Den Survival GUIDE
Character Setup
- 3 clerics
- 1 ranger
Initial Statistics
Do not go ahead and place your skills, as they're later for a REASON!
All 3 clerics' stats should read: 33-45-28-33
The lonely ranger's stats should read: 28-28-41-42

Equipment
For your own good, do not go ahead and buy rings/cloaks when I talk about the character's armor.

For the armor on clerics, power regen is great, health regen is never a bad thing, stun resistance is useful, and reflective armor is okay. Anything that gives Endurance, Strength, or Intelligence is great too. Make sure NOT to get things that give anything that has poison resistance, as what we'll do in the first battle will give all that you'll ever need, which would make it a waste. What would also be a waste is any "light" or "-of speed" armor, speed barely has any sort of importance. As for censers (all 3 will have them), vampiric is great as is anything that causes stun; however, you need to avoid anything that will cause poison, or has any chance of being lethal. Your weapons for your 3 clerics will all be maces, and I cannot stress this enough, but never never never never never get something that will poison enemies, or has a chance to kill them immediately.

Your ranger's armor follows the same rules as the cleric's, except instead of getting +strength armor, get +dexterity armor (any improvements to intelligence and endurance are still great for ranger). The quiver and bow can not give lethality bonuses, nor poison bonuses. Stunning is very nice, though.

Whatever money you have left, buy rings/cloaks, as long as they don't poison the enemy, or have chances of instant killing. Do not be worried if you don't have enough money to get every cloak. After I got all the armor/weapons for my party, I still needed 2 more cloaks, but I made it through.

Skills
Clerics: Look through your 3 clerics and find the one that has the highest quickness (if there's a tie, pick the one that is more to the left, as they will go before the other clerics). For that cleric get the skills: Revive, Heal All, Purify.
For the other two clerics: Revive, Heal All, Holy Light. As for passive skills, all clerics should put their points into benediction.

Ranger: Pin, Envenomed Arrow (quite contradictory), Focus. The remaining 6 points should go into creature lore.

1st wave battle
Position your characters so that the cleric in the middle is the cleric with the max HP. The other two clerics should be on the sides, and the ranger should be in the middle back.

Begin the battle, and fight normally (make sure to try to attack only one monster at a time, however when the placement doesn't allow you to do this, don't worry). Now, you want to make sure to keep your vampire alive, considering the fact that you probably have damage reflection, you don't want to get him too low or he'd kill himself. Pass everyone's turn EXCEPT the ranger's. Use nature's balm on all of the characters, and if he runs out of power, just use focus. Continue this process until all of your party has the hp regeneration bonus along with the immunity from poison. These effects will stay with your characters as long as they're kept alive, so if someone from your party dies, make sure to at least revive them, and then immediately use nature's balm on them. Now attack the vampire, until it's around/under the maximum damage your quickest cleric can do (it might range from 200-220). Now with it's health around that level, pass all turns until the quickest cleric, then that cleric will kill the vampire. The reason for this is to just get you in the habit of always killing with the quickest cleric. Once level 5/6 hit, you'll want (and later NEED) for a cleric with holy light to begin the battle with, before any of the enemies can attack. This is also the reason why you don't have anything that is lethal, or gives poison damage; if you had either of those things that you couldn't control, then you can not control which one of your member's starts the next wave. While that doesn't sound like a big deal, I lost at wave 35 solely because of the fact that my ranger did a lethal hit, causing all of the enemies to attack before they're accuracies were dramatically lowered.

Any time that there are debuffs given to your party that isn't a curse, sadly you'll have to keep healing that person until you get benediction, and it is swiped. However, you'll generally want to do this while there's only one monster left. If you are cursed, simply use "purify" that your fastest cleric should have.

On boss battles after 5, I strongly suggest using the envenomed arrow, as it will kill any boss before the rest.

That's all I can think of right now, and please excuse my terrible grammar, spelling, anything else that i made mistakes on as I have a headache and it's 2 A.M. I'll check this over tomorrow when I can actually think correctly.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 AM   #126
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I used a different strategy... and died on wave 36. Why? The guy I wanted to kill the final guy didn't. Which meant that the 6 dwarves from the next wave attacked first. And promptly stunned 2 of my guys, which made it impossible to recover.

I will chalk it up to bad luck, not bad strategy. If not for that, would easily beat this. wave 16/36 is definitely the hardest. Just annoying that 2 hours were wasted on that. Good thing that I never have to go through armor buying again, as I know my party will get the job done.

Warrior, Cleric, Conjurer, Ranger. Probably not optimal, but will get the job done. Didn't have a single issue until dying on 36.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #127
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
I used a different strategy... and died on wave 36. Why? The guy I wanted to kill the final guy didn't. Which meant that the 6 dwarves from the next wave attacked first. And promptly stunned 2 of my guys, which made it impossible to recover.
That's exactly what happened to me, sometimes i just passed a set of turns if I had reason to believe that he might kill himself through damage reflection.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #128
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Yup. 2nd time through, I was much more careful about making sure the guy I wanted to make the last kill actually made the last kill.

Got it 2nd try, easily. Only had 1 character death in 40 waves, and that was just bad luck that my cleric got hit by both crossbowmen on level 34 AND managed to miss on his next attack (all my guys have at least 14% drain health + at least 36 base health regen + 24 bonus health regen).

I had a hard time ending my game though. I beat wave 40... then was back to really easy guys on 41. Wound up dying on 47. Just hacked and hacked and hacked. Didn't worry about spells or who killed the guys or anything. I saw in the Kong thread for the game that some people managed to get past level 100. I definitely think I could have done at least to the high 70s, if not the 90s. Since if you get past 80, it's cake to get back to 90. First 10 waves are *snore*. I think the 12th wave is where it starts getting interesting, IIRC.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #129
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Has anyone received the Music in Motion badge? I keep falling through the floor even though they say it's fixed.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #130
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Yeah, I got it within a few hours after they gave it a badge. However, I just went to play the game again; I got hit by one of the red waves from the boss' jumps and I fell through the floor. Don't think I got hit by one the first time I got to him. That's the only way I've fallen through the floor, but I've also seen a lot of people complaining that they fall through the floor when they jump on him.

Quite surprising that such a glitchy game would get a badge AND a card. Its score has been dropping like a rock since it's been on the front page.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #131
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

I must've played it before this big "glitch problem" because I didn't experience it once while playing.

And trust me, I got hit by that robot tons at the end. (I finished with only 2 lives remaining.) =X

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #132
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
I must've played it before this big "glitch problem" because I didn't experience it once while playing.

And trust me, I got hit by that robot tons at the end. (I finished with only 2 lives remaining.) =X
Did you get the badge? I have played it before the badge came out, and beat it tons of times.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #133
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Yep, I received the badge as well.

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #134
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

i got it 1st try. i've beaten the game at least 5-6 times now at this point for various tournaments.... never had an issue.

in fact, the glitch on level 3 appears to have been fixed for the badge. aka, you can no longer go into 1 quadrant, then hover on the edge and never get hit by a spike. spikes now shoot up over the entire sphere. not that it's hard to dodge them, it does make it slightly harder.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #135
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I've never had an issue either. Hopefully that's fixed for you soon, Commander.

I wanted to share this:

DOEO!

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #136
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I got the Hard Doeo badge before the others. lol

Also, all-time best time on Fancy Pants Adventures. 146.60!
Old 06-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #137
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
Also, all-time best time on Fancy Pants Adventures. 146.60!
Wow, that's really good. I think my best is like 173. =X.

I can't get Fancy Pants Adventures: World 2 to even load though, so I've never played it. =/ Is anyone else having this problem?

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #138
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
Wow, that's really good. I think my best is like 173. =X.

I can't get Fancy Pants Adventures: World 2 to even load though, so I've never played it. =/ Is anyone else having this problem?
Haha, lowered it to 145.60.

FPA 2 works for me though.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #139
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Elephant Rave was an extremely retarded, but strangely addicting game. I beat it like 15 times already. =P

P.S. I suck at Monster's Den. A lot.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #140
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

props, tass. friggin 6th. I've just got into it for a while and hopped to level 7. Still so many badges to go.