Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Default Chapter 3: Battle vs. Gym Leader (Makoto and Sukiru vs. Sabrina)

Alright well i know this isn't the best battle sequence ever but i would like some peoples opinions on this battle scene. Brutal opinions are acceptable and wanted . Well enjoy chapter 3 of the: Institute Of Gaming <3 (Note this is a fan fiction)

Chapter 3: Battle vs. Gym Leader
Everyone in the dorm room slept soundly through the night. Then at about 5am an incredibly loud alarm went off all around the school, the noise was so loud it made Sukiru and Makoto fall out of there beds to the floor. “What the hell” Makoto said! Ugh that’s our wake up call or the schools on fire Sukiru said. Inuyasha just yawned and woke up. We have class in and 45 minutes Sukiru said. Yeah we need to get ready Makoto said. I need coffee first Sukiru said. Make me iced coffee please Makoto asked? Yep you got it Sukiru said. Sukiru started to brew the coffee; while the coffee brewed Sukiru started to get dressed he decided to wear a pair of tight black jeans, a black tank top, and a tight black hooded sweatshirt. The coffee maker then beeped to say the coffee was done. Sukiru whipped up Makoto’s iced coffee as well as his own hot coffee. Come on we have to go now we have 5 minutes to get to Smash Bros Class, Sukiru said. Alright let’s go Makoto said as he came out dressed in actual nice dress clothes. Makoto took his coffee and ran out the front door and then Sukiru followed him. Sukiru and Makoto ran through the crowded school grounds bumping into a lot of people on there way to there class, they managed to get there in no joke less than a second before the bell rang. Well you two made it I see Mewtwo said with a slight laugh. Yeah we did Sukiru said. Well go on take a seat you two Mewtwo said. Sukiru and Makoto took there seats. Welcome to your Super Smash Bros class Mewtwo said, now this year you will be learning how to fight using your own unique fighting style in Smash Bros Style matches, this includes weapons but not all weapons which include: Bob-omb, Motion Sensor Bombs, Hammers, Pokeball’s, and Ray Gun will not be being used but all others will be used. Mewtwo said. Meanwhile in the class Makoto was leaned back in his chair and Sukiru was taking notes on what Mewtwo was saying while sipping his coffee. Now I have a special announcement for the class as many of you now know we have humans now at the institute Mewtwo said. We all know there are humans here and when I see one of them I am going beat them over the head with a Star Rod one of the students said. Makoto laughed and then said “I would love to see you try that with me.” The same student said “well one is in this class.” Two are in this class Sukiru said next. Look all you human haters get over the fact that we have humans here they will be a great help to the school Mewtwo said. I doubt it highly Koga said. “Koga (from Inuyasha).”

It figures you’d be the person to say that Makoto said laughing. In time human we will see if you can hold your own against real fighters with real talent Koga said. Ok enough come on class now take out some paper and begin taking notes on everything I tell you it is going to be what we are learning this semester in this class. Mewtwo sat at his desk and explained what they will need to do in there class before fighting will take place, first he wants to see how fast each individual person in the class is, then he wants to spar one on one with each student to see how they fight and what there weaknesses are. About an hour and a half went by then the bell rang for the next class. Alright everyone start working out for class Monday Mewtwo said as everyone poured out the classroom. Sukiru still sipping his coffee as was Makoto walked to there next class. Oh look at the humans a couple of girls said. Sukiru and Makoto looked over at them and to Sukiru’s surprise they were very cute, one had long black hair and bright blue eyes with black cat ears and a black tail, the other was also a Neko she had short white hair light red eyes and white tail. Hey ladies Makoto said. The one with black hair blushed when Makoto said hi. I like the one with blonde hair the one with white hair whispered to her friend. Come on we have to get to class now Sukiru said. Alright we will see those ladies later Makoto said. They are so cute I want one the Neko with the black hair said as Sukiru and Makoto walked away. So are you ready to fight Sabrina Sukiru asked? Oh yeah you know it she is going down Makoto said. Well good luck Sukiru said. I don’t need luck Makoto said as they walked into Prof. Oak’s classroom.

Well just the two I was looking for Oak said. Where is the rest of the class Sukiru asked? They are in the rock battle room waiting for the battle Oak said. Oh ok Sukiru said. I have something for both of you Oak said. “This is something I have been waiting for all my life” Sukiru thought. Oak then pulled out two belts with 12 Pokeball’s on it 6 on each side of the buckle. Here Makoto this one is yours and here is yours Sukiru, when you grip the ball you will know which Pokémon is in it trust me he said. This is a dream come true Professor, Sukiru said thank you so much. Well I am glad I could help you live your dream Oak said. Alright I want to battle now Makoto said. Ok then well head into the rock room oh and the right side of your belt is 1st gen and the left is 2nd gen Oak said. After Oak said that Mrs. Briefs came into the class with her class, oh we are early I see she said. Yeah you are Mrs. Briefs, Oak said. Go ahead class into the rock room Bulma said. Bulma’s class was mostly girls. One girl said “I can’t wait to see this human lose to Sabrina.” You better not lose Makoto or else your going to have to go home with your memory wiped Sukiru said. I am well aware of the loss at stake Makoto said. “I will not lose.” Makoto thought. Alright then well let’s head on out and get this match under way Oak said. Sukiru, Makoto, Mrs. Briefs, and Professor Oak all walked into the rock battle room, Sukiru stood amazed at the size of the room and how familiar it looked with all the jagged rocks everywhere it looked a lot like Brocks gym from the show. I didn’t think you’d show Sabrina said to Makoto from the other end of the field. Of course I would an opportunity to take a gym leader down in real life will be amazing Makoto said. Well I hope your ready she said as she held her first pokeball in her hand. Go on Makoto take your spot on the field Oak said. Sukiru sat in the set of bleachers with the two classes in it, among the students were; Horo The Wise Wolf (from Spice & Wolf) she was dressed in a simple black sweater and blue jeans, Kurumu Kurono (from Rosario + Vampire) she was dressed kind of sexy for school she was wearing a button down black shirt with a red tie and a short plaid skirt, Mizore Shirayuki (from Rosario + Vampire) she was wearing a dark blue hooded sweatshirt and a mid length black skirt, Morty (gym leader from Pokémon) he sat in the stands with his arms crossed wearing a dark purple shirt and black jeans, among others in the class were just a bunch of trainers from other Pokémon games. Oh my I didn’t know the humans would be so cute Mizore whispered to Kurumu. I can’t stop looking at the blonde one sitting at the bottom of the stands Kurumu said. “I have to have him.” Kurumu thought. Sukiru looked around the stands and his eyes met Horo’s, Horo looked at Sukiru and smiled then looked out on the field at Makoto. This match will be a 3 Pokémon from 1st gen only Sabrina said. Alright Makoto said. After you lose your out of this world forever Sabrina said laughing. You wish Sabrina; I am going to crush you Makoto said. Enough talk let’s battle Sabrina said. Let the battle begin Oak said! “Alright let’s do this” Makoto thought. Come on out Wigglytuff Sabrina said as she threw out her first pokeball. A bright beam of blue and white light came out before her cute pink and white fluffy blue eyed Pokémon came out. Meanwhile in the stands almost everyone was cheering for Sabrina to win. Alright come on out Snorlax, Makoto said as he threw out his first pokeball. Snorlax rose out of the ball and yawned. “A normal on normal fight” Sabrina thought, the boy must have done his homework. Wigglytuff use “Thunder Wave” Sabrina said. Wigglytuff shook it’s cute round body and shot small electric waves out of its adorable blue eyes. Snorlax dodge then use “Body Slam” Makoto yelled! Snorlax barley was able to throw his huge body in the air but it was enough to dodge the attack, then it landed on Wigglytuff with all its weight smashing its face into the rocky surface. Sabrina looked stunned that Makoto’s Snorlax was able to get a hit on her Pokémon. “A lucky hit” she thought. Now Snorlax use “Hyper Beam” Makoto said. Snorlax yawned and opened its mouth and fired a big bright orange colored beam out at high speed. Dodge it now Wigglytuff, Sabrina yelled! Wigglytuff managed to dodge the attack by inches. Now attack with “Double Edge” Sabrina commanded! Wigglytuff then charged at Snorlax at full speed hitting it in the stomach knocking the wind out of Snorlax and making it collapse to the ground. “No Snorlax come on get up” Makoto yelled! Snorlax remained on the ground gasping for air for ten seconds before Oak said “Snorlax is unable to battle!” That’s ok Makoto said. I told you human you don’t stand a chance Sabrina said. The two classed cheered “Go Sabrina” after she said that. Come on Makoto stomp her like you said you were going to Sukiru yelled out! Yeah Makoto, Sabrina said mockingly. Shut it Sabrina, no more games Makoto said as he retuned Snorlax. That mouth of yours is going to get you in lots of trouble Sabrina said. Makoto took another ball into his hand. My Wigglytuff is going to take out all of your Pokémon Sabrina said. We will see about that Makoto said, “Now come out Chansey” he yelled as he threw out his second pokeball! Out of the pokeball popped out a giant pink egg like creature that carries and egg on its stomach. You really have one of those Sabrina said laughing at it. Makoto’s Chansey didn’t take to kindly Sabrina laughing at her; it then fired a bright blue beam from its mouth at Wigglytuff without Makoto even ordering it to. The beam hit Wigglytuff directly freezing into a block of ice. Wow Sabrina said. Chansey I didn’t tell you to attack Makoto said. Chansey just stood quietly and stared down Sabrina. “Wigglytuff is unable to battle” Oak said. You caught my Wigglytuff off guard Sabrina said. I didn’t think she would attack without being told to Makoto said. Makoto’s Chansey looked at him and smiled like she could read his mind. Well alright let’s get back with this Sabrina said as she gripped another pokeball. My Chansey will take you on Makoto said. Let’s go “Magneton” she said as she threw out her second pokeball. Wait a “Magneton” since when Sukiru said confused? Well not every trainer here sticks to there game type Pokémon Sabrina here trains all types Horo said as she moved and sat next to Sukiru. I hope you don’t mind me sitting here she said. Oh it is fine Sukiru said nervously. And you are Horo asked? Oh um I am Sukiru he said. Nice to meet you Sukiru I am Horo she said as she smiled at him. Are you going to just sit there all day human or are you going to battle me Sabrina said. “My whole strategy is thrown off now” Makoto thought. Sabrina’s 3 eyed electric Pokémon was eying Makoto’s Chansey. “Well I think this might work even though it is a risk” Makoto thought? Ok I am sick of waiting Magneton use “Thunderbolt” now Sabrina ordered! Chansey use “Metronome” Makoto said. As Magneton fired lightning bolts at Chansey, Chansey’s eyes rolled into the back of its head then the room began to shake violently. “Wow of all moves to use Chansey is using Earthquake” Makoto thought as he held his ground. After the major quake of the building Sabrina’s Magneton was buried in broken rocks and not moving. Magneton come on get out of there Sabrina yelled! After about 15 seconds her Magneton still was not moving. “Magneton is unable to battle” Oak said. “I can’t let this human beat me” Sabrina thought. I think you’re the one who shouldn’t run there mouth Makoto said to Sabrina. This match isn’t over I have one more left Sabrina said as she returned Magneton. Alright come on out my prized “Alakazam” Sabrina said as she threw out her last pokeball. Out of her last pokeball came a very strange looking creature that carries two spoons one in each hand. “Psychic” now Sabrina ordered. Makoto’s Chansey started to glow blue then Alakazam began slamming it up and down into the rocky surface until it passed out. “Chansey is unable to battle” Oak said. Now it seems you’re down to your last one Sabrina said. Ok it is now or never Makoto said as he returned Chansey. Come on out my prized “Kabutops” Makoto yelled as he threw out his last pokeball. Out of the pokeball appeared this rock like fish with sickles for hands. Let’s finish this Sabrina said. Yes we shall, Kabutops attack with “Slash” Makoto ordered. Kabutops charged at Alakazam with its sickles out. “Teleport” now Sabrina said. A second before Kabutops even got to slash at Alakazam it vanished into thin air. Your Pokémon is a coward Makoto said laughing. Sabrina just smiled at Makoto and said “Thunderpunch.” Then out of nowhere Alakazam appeared and electrified Kabutops with its fist causing him to collapse to the ground out cold. “Kabutops is unable to battle” Oak said, Sabrina wins! The entire class cheered “Go Sabrina!” Makoto fell to his knees and thought “no I lost now I have to go back home.”

You lost now get out of our world Sabrina said. No Makoto, Sukiru said as he ran out onto the field! Your next human Sabrina said to Sukiru. You are challenging me now Sukiru said as he looked her in the eye. Wait Sabrina we don’t have time for that Oak said. Sure we do it will be fast just like this battle Sabrina said. I accept your challenge but if I win Makoto stays here at the institute Sukiru said. If you win, I will even give you a badge and I will allow your friend to stay Sabrina said. You’re on Sukiru said. Sukiru you better beat this girl or you will be going home Makoto said. “Go Sukiru” a voice said! Sukiru turned to see it was Horo smiling and wagging her tail. “She cares” Sukiru thought? This isn’t where the battle will be held we will hold this battle in the grass battle room Oak said, come on everyone into the next room. Everyone began walking into the next room. You better win Makoto said. I will don’t worry Sukiru said. That’s what I said too and I lost Makoto said. As they entered the grass room Sukiru noticed there was no bleachers just the grass floor that was only a couple inches high. You ready human Sabrina asked? Yeah I am Sukiru said as he stood at his spot on the field. This will be a 2nd gen match same as the first 3 on 3 Sabrina said. Well I get to see how my breeding skills work in real life Sukiru said as he gripped his first pokeball. “Wow I can’t believe this is really happening I am battling a gym leader” Sukiru was thinking. All you’re Pokémon are bred Sabrina asked? All except one Sukiru said. Let’s get it on Sabrina said as she gripped her first ball. I choose my Xatu first Sukiru said as he threw out his first ball. I choose my 2nd gen Alakazam Sabrina said as she threw out her first ball. “Another Alakazam” Sukiru thought. Alright let us begin Sukiru said as he took off his sweatshirt. “Oh my, what a hot body” Kurumu thought as she looked Sukiru’s slightly muscular body up and down. See something you like Kurumu, Mizore whispered to her? I never would have thought he is perfect I have to have him she whispered. Good luck Kurumu, I want the other one though Mizore said. We have to make our move soon other women are going to want to snatch them up Kurumu whispered I have an idea I will tell you next class. Xatu start things off with “Confuse Ray” Sukiru ordered. Xatu just stood still and opened its wings and a bright blue light shined out and blinded Alakazam it stood there stunned then it began to stumble from side to side. Shake it off now Alakazam Sabrina ordered! Alakazam did as he owner requested it shook off its confusion. Now use “Shadow Ball” she said! Alakazam raised both of its hands to the sky and a big black ball appeared then it fired it directly at Xatu. Xatu take flight now Sukiru ordered! Xatu flew up into the sky dodging the “Shadow Ball.” Keep blasting “Shadow Balls” into the sky Alakazam and bring that Xatu down Sabrina said! Xatu fly down and strike it with “Steel Wing” Sukiru said! Just then Xatu’s wings began to glow then it dodged all the black shadow balls then struck Alakazam with great force knocking it to the ground. Get up now Alakazam Sabrina ordered! “Alakazam is unable to battle” Oak said. “Yes one down two to go” Sukiru thought. “This human seems different than the other” Sabrina thought he has a good heart as a trainer. Alright she said as she returned her Alakazam. Come on out my “Slowking” she said as she threw out her second pokeball. Out of the pokeball came out, a strange looking pink water like creature with a shell crown on its head. “Hydro Pump” now Sabrina ordered. Slowking opened its mouth and fired a huge amount of water out a high speed. Dodge now Xatu, Sukiru said. Xatu dodged the blast barely. You fell for it Sabrina said now use “Flamethrower.” Sabrina’s Slowking opened its mouth again and flames shot out of it hitting Xatu directly. “Xatu no” Sukiru yelled! Xatu fell to the ground. “Xatu is unable to battle” Oak said. “Xatu you did great” Sukiru said to it. Xatu stood up and looked at Sukiru. You can stand next to me during the rest of the battle if you want Sukiru said to Xatu. Xatu walked up to Sukiru and out stretched its wings in front of him. It seems your Xatu wants a hug from its trainer Oak said. Sukiru looked at his Xatu and opened his arms, and then his Xatu closed its eyes happily and wrapped its wings around him. As Sukiru and his Xatu hugged, the crowd sighed with happiness. “Well I was right he has a great heart” Sabrina thought. “I want him to hug me like that” Kurumu thought. A few seconds went past and Xatu let go of Sukiru and stood at his side. Let’s finish this now Sukiru said he gripped another pokeball. I didn’t want to bring this one out because it is a predicable move I choose my “Houndoom” Sukiru said as he threw out his second pokeball. Out of the ball came a dog like creature with goat like horns and a demon like tail. Yes it is a very predictable move but you made one mistake your puppy there is a fire type Sabrina said. Well we will see how you fair against my “puppy” Sukiru said. Slowking give it another “Hydro Pump” Sabrina said. Your predictable Sukiru said now use “Sunny Day” he said. Sukiru’s Houndoom raised its head to the sky and howled bringing the sunshine directly into the room. You forget my water type will kill that Sabrina said. This time Sukiru smiled and said “use Solarbeam.” Houndoom then fired a bright yellow beam out of its mouth catching Slowking completely off guard and knocking it out. “Slowking is unable to battle” Oak said. No more games Sabrina said as she returned her Slowking to its ball! Your doing great Houndoom, Sukiru said. Houndoom looked at Sukiru and howled at him. That is a good sign of trust Oak said. Come on out my beloved Espeon, Sabrina said. You saved your best for last a cool trainer said as Sabrina threw out her last pokeball. Out of her ball came out and adorable purple cat looking creature with a jewel in its forehead. Take that puppy out “Shadow Ball” now she said. Dodge it and give it another “Solarbeam” Sukiru said. Unfortunately Houndoom wasn’t able to dodge the attack it was hit by the dark black ball and sent flying at Sukiru’s feet. “Houndoom is unable to battle” Oak said. You did great Houndoom, Sukiru said to it as he leaned down and petted it. “I want that kind of attention from him” Horo looked at him and thought. Do you want to sit here with Xatu for the rest of the battle Sukiru asked his Houndoom? Houndoom looked up at Sukiru and licked his face. “Wow I have never heard of a Houndoom doing that to its trainer, it must really care about Sukiru” Oak thought. I take that as a yes Sukiru said to Houndoom. Houndoom stood up and sat at Sukiru’s side. Your Pokémon trust you Sabrina said. I train and take care of my Pokémon even when they were in the game I treated them as if they were real Sukiru said. You are a strange human Sabrina said. I do my best Sukiru said as he took hold of his last ball. It is time for this to end human say bye to this world Sabrina said. We will see about that Sukiru said. “Go Sukiru” Horo yelled again! I see that wolf being a problem Kurumu whispered to Mizore. Then jump on him first Mizore whispered back. I choose for my last Pokémon my “Steelix” Sukiru said as he threw out his last ball. Out of the ball came out this enormous metal snake creature, it roared when it came out. Man that’s big Makoto said. You pick a steel type Sabrina said as she looked at Steelix. Time for this to end Sukiru said Steelix use “Iron Tail.” Steelix’s tail began to glow then it swung it at Espeon. Dodge it now Espeon, Sabrina ordered! Now you just made your final mistake Sukiru said. As Espeon jumped into the air Sukiru said “Steelix now use Bind.” Steelix grabbed Espeon in its metal tail and began to squeeze it until it went limp. Let it go Steelix, Sukiru said. Steelix put it down to the ground and Espeon laid there on the grass field motionless. “Espeon is unable to battle” Oak said, Sukiru wins! The crowd went silent. Yes you won Sukiru, Makoto said! “Great job Steelix” Sukiru said to it. Sukiru’s Steelix then grabbed him and lifted him into the air to its face with its tail. Sukiru is it hurting you Oak asked? No it is ok he is just playing Sukiru said. Steelix nudged at Sukiru with its cold metal face. I think he wants a hug too Oak said. Is that what you want Sukiru asked Steelix? Steelix nodded at Sukiru like he could understand him. Sukiru then hugged Steelix’s cold metal face and Steelix closed its eyes and squeezed Sukiru slightly being careful not to hurt him. Sukiru come down here Sabrina said! Steelix let Sukiru down back to the ground. You earned this Sabrina said as she took Sukiru’s hand and put a Soul Badge in his palm.

Last edited by sakura080789; 08-26-2011 at 05:28 PM..
sakura080789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Chapter 3: Battle vs. Gym Leader (Makoto and Sukiru vs. Sabrina)

what the hell? Holy wall of text, needs some serious organization.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
what the hell? Holy wall of text, needs some serious organization.
Yeah i know i didn't think of that.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Edit: i fixed it by separating the most important sections. Each battle scene is separate now i hope that helps
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Yeah. Line breaks are absent, holy run-on sentences Crobatman, and maybe some more quotation marks to set off what the various people are saying?

A good rule of thumb would be to treat the paragraph as a scene in a television show. Whenever the camera would cut away from a character or if someone enters/leaves the scene, that is a good point for a line break. The part in the intro where Mewtwo is explaining Smash class and the allowable weapons gets its own paragraph, then when the peanut gallery pipes up about there being humans in the class, a new paragraph starts.

The most egregious walls, however, HAVE to be the battles with Sabrina. For the love of Arceus, break those up. Logical line break points for them would be when either Trainer is conducting a switch, which works well for anime-style battles where monsters are never recalled if they still have fight left in them even if it would be tactically sound to do so.

I don't even know the premise of this story, but then again it is Chapter 3. Given how poorly this was written, however, I'm not sure if I want to see any more of it.

(jesus christ that was a bad wireless crash)
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Thank you for the comments and suggestions i will work on my writing more.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Well, I didn't read all of it, because I'm clearly not the person who this is geared for, seeing as I'm not a fangirl of any of the games/shows you are talking about.

However, there are a few things. Firstly, the battles are your strong suit. The mundane stuf...not so much. It reads like something a kid would write. You narrated how they got up in the morning, which is totally boring and unimportant. (Note: narrating point-in-time for battles is perfectly good, but that style won't work for everything.) Yes you probably want to know who makes the coffee and who likes their coffee how, which is a totally fine detail, however, generally, scenes like that (which are 'boring' because of their content) should either paint some sort of imagery, or get a style across, or include some sort of internalization of the characters to be engaging in some way shape or form. As it is, it's not engaging initially, and is a total turn-off. Don't be afraid to consider removing parts completely, or to add them as addendums to other things. Although, perhaps you were trying to specifically show the mundanity of their mornings, (another totally fine thing to do), in which case, however, it might work to make it more mundane. Short sentences, or something to show just how groggy they are without their coffee. I'm a fan of writing the internal workings of a person, and that could work simply as an addition; make the ritual more personal.
(yeah yeah, I know I'm harping on this coffee thing. And I know I'm totally doing what someone did to the piece of work I posted here...which was probably good advice to give me too.) Whatever it is, the play-by-play morning is just not working.

Secondly, quotes for people talking! Seriously, I might have been able to get through all that if you properly punctuated your writing. Do it as you write, not after the fact, it will become second nature. Also, include a different form to let the reader know internal monologue; italics or single quotes are standard. You will not have to use so much 'character said'. But when you do still need 'character said', find more creative ways of saying 'said'. Like, at one point, you have an ! to show a shout, but then say 'character said'. Duh!
Comma's are your friend. Read your writing to yourself in your head, and whenever the character takes a bit of a pause, put a comma in their speech. The standard is also to use , when a person is done speaking, before adding 'character said'.
For purely formatting, often people will separate characters talking even FURTHER than just using quotes; the end of a person's talking is the end of the line. Start the next part on a new line. This can be especially helpful when there's pure conversation with no narration inbetween.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

K, so I formatted and edited (just a tad), some of this for you. I was gonna do the whole thing, but it's pretty long.

Bah, I still can't add color to this damned thing. Oh well. I tried putting the edits in red two dif ways, but it didn't work out. Regardless, you should follow the formatting idea, for this and any other work you write. The edits, use them if you like, or not if you don't. If I go over any more, I will make them bold or something.

Chapter 3: Battle vs. Gym Leader
Everyone in the dorm room slept soundly through the night. Then at about 5am an incredibly loud alarm went off all around the school. The noise was so loud it made Sukiru and Makoto fall out of their beds to the floor. “What the hell?!” Makoto shouted.
"Ugh, that’s our wake up call or the schools on fire," Sukiru said.
Inuyasha simply yawned and woke up. {'just' sounds like you're talking about timing, which doesn't make sense. Of course he woke up with everyone else.}
"We have class in and 45 minutes," Sukiru said.
"Yeah we need to get ready," Makoto said.
"I need coffee first."
"Make me iced coffee please?"
"Yep you got it." Sukiru started to brew the coffee, and got dressed in the meantime. He decided to wear a pair of tight black jeans, a black tank top, and a tight black hooded sweatshirt. The coffee maker beeped, and Sukiru whipped up Makoto's iced coffee as well as his own hot coffee.
"Come on we have to go now, we have 5 minutes to get to Smash Bros Class," Sukiru said.
"Alright let’s go," Makoto said as he came out dressed in actual nice dress clothes. Makoto took his coffee and ran out the front door and then Sukiru followed him. Sukiru and Makoto ran through the crowded school grounds bumping into a lot of people on their way to their class; they managed to get there in less than a second before the bell rang.{you aren't telling this to a friend...what you are writing is obviously not a lie unless a character is saying it}
"Well you two made it I see," Mewtwo said with a slight laugh.
"Yeah we did," Sukiru said.
"Well go on take a seat you two," Mewtwo said. Sukiru and Makoto took their seats, and Mewtwo addressed the class."Welcome to your Super Smash Bros class. Now this year you will be learning how to fight using your own unique fighting style in Smash Bros Style matches. This will involve teaching you weapon use, however, excluding Bob-omb, Motion Sensor Bombs, Hammers, Pokeball’s, and Ray Gun."
Meanwhile, Makoto was leaned back in his chair and Sukiru took notes while sipping his coffee.
"Now I have a special announcement for the class. As many of you now know we have humans now at the institute..."Mewtwo was saying.
"We all know there are humans here and when I see one of them I'm going beat them over the head with a Star Rod," one of the students interrupted. Makoto laughed and replied, “I would love to see you try that with me.”
The same student said, “Well one is in this class.”
"Two are in this class," Sukiru said next.
"Look, all you human haters get over the fact that we have humans here, they will be a great help to the school," Mewtwo said.
"I doubt it highly," Koga said. “Koga (from Inuyasha).”
"It figures you’d be the person to say that," Makoto responded laughing.
"In time, human, we will see if you can hold your own against real fighters with real talent," Koga answered.
"Ok, enough!" Mewtwo intervened, taking control of the class. "Come on class, now take out some paper and begin taking notes on everything I tell you. It is going to be what we are learning this semester in this class." Mewtwo sat at his desk and explained what they needed to do in their class before fighting would take place. First he wanted to see how fast each individual person in the class is, then he wanted to spar one on one with each student to see how they fight and what their weaknesses are. About an hour and a half went by when the bell rang for the next class. "Alright everyone, start working out for class Monday," Mewtwo said as everyone poured out the classroom.

Sukiru, still sipping his coffee as was Makoto, walked to their next class. "Oh look at the humans," they heard a couple of girls say. Sukiru and Makoto looked over at them and to Sukiru’s surprise they were very cute. One had long black hair and bright blue eyes with black cat ears and a black tail. The other was also a Neko, with short white hair, light red eyes and white tail. "Hey ladies," Makoto said. The one with black hair blushed.
"I like the one with blonde hair," the white haired one whispered to her friend.
"Come on, we have to get to class now," Sukiru urged.
"Alright, we'll see those ladies later," Makoto said whistfully/playfully/lustily/longingly-something besides said."They are so cute. I want one, the Neko with the black hair," unclear who was speaking here, as Sukiru and Makoto walked away.
"So, are you ready to fight Sabrina?" Sukiru changed topics.
"Oh yeah you know it! She is going doooown. Makoto said. "Well good luck," Sukiru said.
"I don’t need luck," Makoto said as they walked into Prof. Oak’s classroom.

Last edited by Cavernio; 09-15-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote