Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to jonathanasdf
Default Re: Tyler

Ok maybe I shouldn't be posting it here, but this is the only forum that somewhat deals with it.

I think people are a bit too paranoid about Tyler. I don't know for what reason it either.

Ok. So, what's the history behind Tyler? I don't see him as a bad person. Sure he can't spell, and doesn't know grammar, but there are lots of people like that in the world. Just go to any runescape server (reason why I quit runescape like 5 years ago...)

Anyways, just because he types like that doesn't mean that everyone who can't spell is Tyler. Well, maybe they are, but you would need proof. surre i colud type liek tihs be4 neone kn3w meh and you'd think that this tuornemant with levals was maed by tyller...

That's really proof that he's tyler. You don't have access to his IP.

This was basically dealing with Groovy's issue. If she is tyler, then coming back this many times in vain is just.. stupid. However, if she is not tyler, then you would be really ruining the name of FFR's nice community in welcoming newcomers...

So yeah, could I ask you to explain the brief history of why Tyler came to be known as bad (I only really started playing FFR January 2008), and please consider your proofs before jumping to conclusions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

And please don't spam this topic.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Dimitri13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Dimitri13

eww gtfo out tyler we know it's you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonistsgetallthegirls
changing Antarctica into a desert
good thing theres lots of sand under all the ice
Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanasdf View Post
Ok maybe I shouldn't be posting it here, but this is the only forum that somewhat deals with it.

I think people are a bit too paranoid about Tyler. I don't know for what reason it either.

Ok. So, what's the history behind Tyler? I don't see him as a bad person. Sure he can't spell, and doesn't know grammar, but there are lots of people like that in the world. Just go to any runescape server (reason why I quit runescape like 5 years ago...)

Anyways, just because he types like that doesn't mean that everyone who can't spell is Tyler. Well, maybe they are, but you would need proof. surre i colud type liek tihs be4 neone kn3w meh and you'd think that this tuornemant with levals was maed by tyller...

That's really proof that he's tyler. You don't have access to his IP.

This was basically dealing with Groovy's issue. If she is tyler, then coming back this many times in vain is just.. stupid. However, if she is not tyler, then you would be really ruining the name of FFR's nice community in welcoming newcomers...

So yeah, could I ask you to explain the brief history of why Tyler came to be known as bad (I only really started playing FFR January 2008), and please consider your proofs before jumping to conclusions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

And please don't spam this topic.
For one he's UUA.

That's why he got banned in the first place.

Two, he's a bad tourney whore. I beileve he got banned from making tourneys for about a month.

Three, ban evasion is bad. Case in point.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #4
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

He made a large number of not very good tourneys, obviously trying very hard to be accepted by the community. That has nothing to do with the problem.

He got himself banned from making tournaments until Tass told him otherwise, which he violated. Also not the problem.

The problem is that he stated in a thread that he was in 6th grade. Here in Canada that puts you at 11 turning 12. Checking with several Americans, they confirmed that the same is true for 6th graders there. So he got a 1 year ban for UUA. That's not a "mods being jerks" thing, that's a "Compliance with the Child Online Protection and Privacy Act" thing. We can carry a don't ask don't tell policy which is generally what we do, but when someone states that they are under 13, we have no choice but to ban them until they are 13.

He then evaded the ban. The penalty for ban evasion is a permaban of the evasion account, and a doubling of the length of the original ban on the main. He's since evaded I believe 5 times. Even if we ignore that evading a ban > 6 months is an automatic permaban of his main, he's up to 1->2->4->8->16->32 years worth of ban (5 years if we want to be nice and only double the length of the original each time.

As I've told him repeatedly, though he seems disinclined to listen, all he needs to do is simply stop posting for a few months, hell even a few weeks. He can make a new account to play FFR if he likes, he could even try posting in some conversations now and then, and once enough time has gone by, reinsert himself into the community demonstrating that he's learned from the criticisms, and changed his ways.

Instead he insists on coming back, sometimes pretending not to be him, sometimes stating it explicitly, and making the same godawful tournaments and events that he's still banned from making even if his account weren't banned.

As for people "calling a Tyler" in tourney threads or in the forums in general: To my knowledge they've made 3 calls of "I think you're tyler" and spotted three Tyler evasion accounts. So obviously his poor posting style is pretty well known by everybody. Any time I see it suggested that any user is an evasion account of a banned user, I compare IPs etc (Since I DO have that access) and will state quite authoritatively in the thread if their claim is unfounded so people will leave them alone.

And jonathanasdf? I just checked, and groovy girl is in fact Ty77le77r77. Perhaps you can understand the issue now?

Last edited by devonin; 03-16-2008 at 02:44 AM..
Old 03-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

It's too bad he never realized how poor his tournaments were. I saw almost no progress in his tourney-making, even after he was scolded and told to sit back and watch.

Also, 32 years? That's pretty funny. It reminds me of murderers who get 190-year sentences without the possibility of parole.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

It's a shame this kid just never learns. Ban, after ban, after ban. Tyler, I know you'll probably read this, so consider taking an extended break from FFR, come back when you're 13, and learn some grammar and language mechanics.

Keep it up, and you'll probably be IP banned. FFR is fun, so don't take it away from yourself. Just cool your jets, kid.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:18 AM   #7
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

I know what Tyler's doing; I think he could become a great member if he knew how things worked around here. Like devonin said, he should find how those things work and maybe come back once he's not UUA anymore.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hey, guess who's DQ'd from my tournament?

Closed Thread