Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #2121
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

and your vote on dora was opportunistic as fuck dude and i could easily believe you were trying to hammer to force a phase change early what what

you had no reason to switch your vote off that late in the wagon, it did not do a goddamn thing to prevent lynching del since that wasn't really in question at that point
Old 03-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #2122
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

sorry your vote on zucker what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:50 PM   #2123
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

it's 2am now and words are hard what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:51 PM   #2124
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

So I started doing an iso on chief and the first couple of posts and his interactions with Zucker are pretty weird.

Zucker comes in like I would expect a typical rp post to be but chief out of the gate comes gunning for Zucker accusing him to be the acqui. Zucker naturally is confused and chief keeps at it and then goes on to talk about eating him

Why would you accuse Zucker right out of the gate to be the acqui? Did something happen in the wolf chat that would push you to think he had been acquisitioned?
Old 03-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #2125
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Or do wolves just always block boomer no matter if they can get a second town kill?
probably safer to block boomer just in case he goes rogue and picks someone else what what

apollo trending up for me though, these recent posts have been real good
Old 03-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #2126
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

still feeling good about my chief vote, this is textbook caught out wolf reaction what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #2127
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Like it all literally happened on the first page and with Zucker flipping wolf and Dora flipping acqui and mentioning that she chose to play pacifist I wonder if chief was being paranoid and going to Zucker was more than just to be opportunistic but actually wanting to get rid of who he thought had been acquired in the wolf team
Old 03-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #2128
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Hiya everyone. I'll be on later tonight. Just want to park a vote on Chief for now. Please ask me nothing
Old 03-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #2129
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

apollo i like where your head's at but how could zucker have been acquired when there were zero night actions? zucker was the first death of the game; it's mechanically impossible for them to have been taken over what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #2130
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
apollo i like where your head's at but how could zucker have been acquired when there were zero night actions? zucker was the first death of the game; it's mechanically impossible for them to have been taken over what what
Yeah I realized that when I read the OP to make sure it was possible and now I'm sad because I thought I came across something
Old 03-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #2131
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

if it was possible it'd have been a hell of a theory what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #2132
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

if mathilda flips town then molly instantly becomes my #1 wolf pick what what
Old 03-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #2133
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I felt like isoing Molly was necessary at this point. So, I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I'll admit, answering for Tank was wolfy behavior on my part. I tend to be overly worried about what people think of my posts (regardless of role/alignment); I'm trying to get over that since I think as a general rule of thumb, (as a towny) it's best to just say what one thinks in order to provide town with as much information as possible. Of course, there are certain exceptions, like the situation with me answering for Tank. It was a lapse in my judgement; I should have put more thought into what is best for town before I post. I had immediately regretted the post a few moments after posting it; I'm glad that Phil called me out on it in particular.

The post you mention that's in "commentary mode" was made to argue for the validity for voting for the inactives at the time. There were two inactives at that point in time and I was hoping that message would encourage others to put pressure on the other inactive at that moment in time.

I apologize if you don't like my "formal" or "robotic" tone; unless I'm roleplaying, that's just going to be the way I type. If you weally pwefew, I can wespond like this instead.
You shouldn't be worried about how you post if you're town.

I really struggle to not read this as unnecessary excuses because you're worried about your alignment which shouldn't normally be a concern for a town.
I'd expect posts aimed at understanding the other players alignment.
Since I don't know who you are, I cannot use this for reading you.
I'm concluding that I don't believe you should approach this with a self reflection as town because you'd be aware that players can't rely on meta.

It's making me conclude that this is more wolfy than not.
Quote:
Some reads:
-Del: initially voted due to inactivity, but I'm currently keeping my vote there due to both his initial posts and also his recent activity within these past few hours.
-Phil: I haven't seen any wolfy and his many interactions with others seem to be moving town in some (hopefully good) direction.
-Julian: I don't mind his initial post that took a critical look at the posts I had made. However, I'm not sure what exactly to make of the back-and-forth flip-flopping regarding the degree to which he thought I was wolf. I know it's good to keep an open mind and to change your beliefs accordingly based on nee information, but it seemed a little *too* easy for his degree of belief to be swayed.
Chief: I feel like they aren't melding and being cooperative with everyone else much and doesn't feel like towny behavior in general.
Maple: I have a tin-foil hat suspension that they are the aqui (the "argument" being that they want us to think "oh, they're doing an annoying gimmick so that the aqui would hate to have to deal with that").
Just pointing out that none of these reads is a town lean and could be misleading later on.
Phil seems like the closest of a town read, but you said something about not liking him because of something related to the blocker claiming.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
zucker
Molly is part of the reactive last second 00:59 voters on Zucker.
Quote:
So it turns out 2 hours of sleep after being awake for 30 hours was not sufficient and I ended up falling back asleep after my last past. Of course, one might believe I was a wolf making up excuses so I know this isn't a good look for me. Feeling kinda bleh since I've dug myself into this hole that I need to get myself out of and I still have a fair amount of catching up to do.
You really need to get out of that mentality regardless of alignment. It's hard to not read it as a wolfy excuse if you say it like that once again.
Quote:
From Flurry:

Is this supposed to be a joke? Is this whole post supposed to be a joke?
What was the intention for you here ?
Quote:
This sounds like an attempt to gaslight the town blocker. I personally think that the doctor saved the cop, that the wolves sent a kill not on the cop, and I think any other action amongst the doctor/wolves would be dumb to make. Sure, there's a possibility of the wolves targeting Del and/or doc targeting not-Del, but when you say that it's a "classic WIFOM", it makes it seem like you're suggesting that the odds are 50/50.
I really really wish you used even half of the confidence you have while talking about mechanics to do reads on other players.
Quote:
I think I do make it clear in my d0 posts, but to summarize, my initial vote was due to inactivity, I didn't like his first couple of posts, and I didn't like his behavior close to EOD prior to the claim.
I unfortunately feel like this is too easy of a call to make me town read you over it.
I would have been okay with something along the lines of "it was the only wagon available after Del claimed.
Justifying that read was weird to me.
Quote:
This looks like a weak attempt to do some "productive" digging. As soon as I saw this post, I automatically knew how Phil was going to respond and I don't think he's lying with his response either.
So, you agree to disagree with your own point ? I don't get what's the gain here as town.
Quote:
Gonna try to address everyone all at once regarding my EoD behavior.

It's correct that I could have been a bit more active in the last half hour. I was asking Del some questions beforehand and was waiting for his response (which never came iirc). I could have talked to other people but I was content with the wagon that was forming on Del (especially since he didn't answer) and didn't feel like I had anything interesting to say. I can't really give a better answer for this; it seems that the best case scenario is that I can convince you that I was lazy as opposed to wolfy.
Once again, you don't need to "convince" anyone and this feels slightly different from your earlier from your earlier take on Zucker in the above quotes in this post. I kind of don't like the "needing to justify yourself" thematic here with the behavior.
Quote:
I was paying attention to EoD though, so of course, when I see Del claiming a PR role, I'm not going to do absolutely nothing lmfao. I panicked and threw my vote on the next available wagon to maximize the chance of Del not being lynched. One might argue that had I looked at the current votes at the time, it was already clear that Del wouldn't have been lynched even if I did nothing (I would need to double check this to be sure). However, I was unsure about the exact vote count in the heat of the moment and I didn't want to waste time by checking what it was. One might argue that I should have added a reason to my vote, but I wanted to ensure my vote change went through. I could have made another post afterwards explaining my reason, but I didn't want to accidentally post after the phrase was over. One might argue that there was an "entire" two minutes to do stuff which is plenty of time. I can't remember precisely what happened, but if I see that the time of a post is 11:58pm, that signals to me that it is possible that that post was made 1 minute and 1 second before midnight. Furthermore, there is going to be a slight delay between the time that the post is made and when I see the actual post. Thus, in my mind, it was theoretically possible that I had less than a minute to do something.

Not sure I already said this already, but I was essentially reading zucker as null, even at the point where I switched my point to him. My reasoning for voting him in particular is that I was ok with the possibility of an inactive townie being lynched as opposed to trying to get another train going in the last 2 minutes of the game and risk getting the cop lynched.
I read this as overkill for justifying a move from Del to Zucker. I don't understand the panicky feelings again as town because you were not in a hot seat at that point. I feel like you're using Zucker as a mean to not talk about the other players as much.
Quote:
I feel dumb for having to explain myself in the last two paragraphs, but it seemed necessary to explain since it seemed some people just wasn't getting it. Like I mentioned before, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some wolves that joined the zucker train after del claimed. However, I don't think such behavior is wolfy in and of itself, even in the case of not providing an explanation. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf that is not in the zucker-train-post-del-claim that is trying to tarnish the reputation of a townie that just so happens to be in the zucker-train-post-del-claim.
The voting itself in this particular scenario is not nearly as important as it would seems because it was a stack on 1 wagon. How you went about explaining all of this is what is keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering how things work for yourself.
Quote:
Quick Reads:

Phil: Despite my saltiness towards him saying blocker should claim, town. However, if in the rare event that we somehow find out wolves did the galaxy brain move of not sending a kill last night to sow confusion, I think it might be worth looking at Phil more carefully.
Maple: In the case that Dora isn't aqui, I'm thinking that Maple might be. The earlier gimmick was so annoying as to give off the idea to town that it was so annoying that aqui wouldn't want to deal with it. Even if she found the gimmick annoying herself, she probably knew people would complain about it and thus would also have a valid reason to stop doing it. This might just be a tinfoil hat read.
Chief: Was reading as wolfy on d0. Still do: other than post 1367, most of his posts seem reactionary and/or don't do much to help solve the game.
Punchy: Been reading as town lately. I do like his long posts that seem to show that he is trying to dig deep to get some good reads. I might be misremembering, but I feel like he was the first to start putting together a case against Flurry this phase which I liked since prior to that, I feel like most of town was reading Flurry as solid town or at least town lean. I feel like wolves would try to stick to generic mainstream reads that everyone was already agreeing with.
Julian: Anyone that is wolf reading him because he was pushing for a Del lynch at EoD is dumb. However, I didn't like how you were somewhat flip-flopping regarding your read on me. I was honestly surprised that a single post that I made on d0 seemed to satisfy you (if TWG has taught me anything, it's that I'm not good at being convincing). I was thinking you might revisit the idea of my being wolf this phase, especially due to my absence, but you seemed to mostly be quiet on this. I still have a strong wolf-lean of you because of this.
Flurry: In my head, I've been flip-flopping in my read of Flurry throughout this phase. I want to look closer at Punchy's posts regarding Flurry and also iso Flurry later to get a better idea.
Eugene: Slight town lean.
Mathilda: Didn't really care for the lazy attitude on d0. And nothing strikes me as particularly towny from you this phase either. Might put as slight wolf lean for now...might change a tad if I have time to do an iso later.
Dora: Either aqui or wolf. The only way this isn't the case is doctor didn't protect cop which I don't think is the case.
I bolded the Maple read because of the Acquistioner hunting.
It makes me feel like if you flip wolf, you think Maple was town.

I'm a bit surprised at the Julian call here because how he approached Del and got the voting going is more incriminating for him than how he's been playing overall. Basically, we're both reading him from completely opposite views.

I feel like I understand how you wanted to play this game, but I also feel like that if you're town, you're shooting yourself in the leg as long as you don't focus your attention more on others.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #2134
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I would like someone to walk me into the process of why Chief is wolfy because I haven't figured it out.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:03 PM   #2135
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
So I started doing an iso on chief and the first couple of posts and his interactions with Zucker are pretty weird.

Zucker comes in like I would expect a typical rp post to be but chief out of the gate comes gunning for Zucker accusing him to be the acqui. Zucker naturally is confused and chief keeps at it and then goes on to talk about eating him

Why would you accuse Zucker right out of the gate to be the acqui? Did something happen in the wolf chat that would push you to think he had been acquisitioned?
Apollo I don't think the aquisitioner would have been able to move at the VERY beginning of the game, and it's shitty that Dora is dead now as that would have been a great question to ask him/her
Old 03-13-2020, 09:04 PM   #2136
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Nevermind I was ninja'd by cherry
Old 03-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #2137
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Reads list is chugging along very slowly as I read through every isolation and get feelings for people. Apologies for making you wait so long for what you're looking for Apollo
Old 03-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #2138
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

It also sucks because I'm anal and I'm doing it in alphabetical order aaaaannnd....Well guess who's last based on who we have alive?
Old 03-13-2020, 09:06 PM   #2139
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Town. You folks nearly lynched the cop. Run this by me again later.
I didn't read the full story, but wolves getting the Acqui lynched isn't completely a bad play.
I think both sides didn't expect that Dora would get caught right at the beginning of the game.

I need to read your posts more before saying anything tho.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:06 PM   #2140
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I would like someone to walk me into the process of why Chief is wolfy because I haven't figured it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
Notice how Chief was on me, yet he moves to Zucker. I think this looks worse than moving from del to zucker, because its a move that is pure gain instead of risk/gain. Those on Dels wagon had something to lose by staying there. They were incentivized to move to preserve del who had just claimed. Chief could have parked his vote on me and nobody would have batted an eye. The word im looking for here is Opportunistic. This was an opportunistic vote switch to try to look better by hammering zucker.

So we have my first wolf read from this wagon: Chief
a good chunk of it is dora's read here and i seriously dislike his reaction to pressure and just the way he's been playing in general. none of his behavior seems town-oriented to me what what
Closed Thread