Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
Thatskier
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Thatskier Send a message via Skype™ to Thatskier
Default Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR :D)

Also they stopped making it last year. So as like all cars that arnt like 40 years old, it will depreciate but since it was stopped production less year it will... depreciate less.
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Let's put it this way: This file is fun.
Thatskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatskier View Post
Honda s2000. Yeah i have that its a wonderful summertime car. Hopefully you dont live in a place where it snows as it has no four wheel drive and (mine at least) is not a hard top
It snows in Kitchener, I'm not worried about snow considering my job is only 10 kms away, snow tires will be fine.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
Rubin0
FFR Player

My dog will be the biggest issue when I move. Most apartments in NY don't allow dogs and the ones that do don't want big dogs.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I'm assuming you have enough right now to purchase half the car?
Incorrect, I'm completely broke at the moment haha, my parents are going to help me get started with the apartment.

I plan on saving up for a bit, they double what I save up and borrow the rest from the bank(Yes dumb thing to do, but I want this car for atleast July). I've talked to people on s2ki.com about how dumb I am for getting a loan, so I don't need to hear about it here, haha.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #25
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
My dog will be the biggest issue when I move. Most apartments in NY don't allow dogs and the ones that do don't want big dogs.
Most of the doormen apartments allow dogs of any size -- I've lived in two separate places here in the financial district and both allowed dogs (you can find deals that can dip as low as $1k if you buddy up and split costs).
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #26
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post

What if I bought a motorcycle and get my license. I mean... The bike I want can be bought BRAND NEW for 7000ish and 4000ish used and they're amazing on gas.
I only suggested it since it's 10 minutes away. You would save a quite a bit of money by doing so, and you get a good workout.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
If I didn't have my dog, I can honestly get an apartment for 500 all inclusive, I actually have two dogs, but the big dog's been living here for 9 years, I'm not gonna make her move, she has a hard time with stairs.

I have a Mini Dachshund, who's coming with me :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
I only suggested it since it's 10 minutes away. You would save a quite a bit of money by doing so, and you get a good workout.
I'll actually consider it, I am a little chubby (165 @ 5'6") but I'm going to buy a bowflex or some shit for the apartment.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't understand. So you're saving up X amount, then your parents are giving you 2X, and then you're borrowing (Cost of car/2 - 3X) from the bank as a loan?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
I don't understand. So you're saving up X amount, then your parents are giving you 2X, and then you're borrowing (Cost of car/2 - 3X) from the bank as a loan?
So I can have the car sooner, yes.

I'll be buying an S2k for around 13k before taxes. So 15,000 after taxes.

I save up 3k, parents GIVE me 3k. I now have 6k and then I'll borrow the other 9k from the bank(aware of interest costs) over 3-5 years.

Quote:
10 minutes in car, might I add. It's 10 KM's. Do you know how unfun a 20km round trip sounds before and after 12 hour shifts, especially 7pm-7am shifts.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #30
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
10 minutes in car, might I add. It's 10 KM's. Do you know how unfun a 20km round trip sounds before and after 12 hour shifts, especially 7pm-7am shifts.
I'm assuming you're doing a factory job of some sort? I have the same kind of hours, except mine was 14. Yeah I understand it would be quite the ride, but hey, you're saving money lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
I'm assuming you're doing a factory job of some sort? I have the same kind of hours, except mine was 14. Yeah I understand it would be quite the ride, but hey, you're saving money lol.
Yea, it's a factory job, I'll be on the assembly line.

Just thinking about this, though... I currently drive a 97 Civic that needs some seriously help(Auto tranny is finished), but the body is in awesome condition. I can get that fixed and buy a motorcycle, both of those together would cost HALF what the S2000 costs and I'll have a car for the trips back to Sudbury and a motorcycle for fun and for work.

Remember, this place has a garage =D
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #32
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

As long as you factor in what the interest payments will be each month, I suppose that's OK. But don't go plugging in 3K the moment you have 3K in your account. You need to save up some buffer so you can still fend for everything else as well as maintaining a safety margin.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #33
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
As long as you factor in what the interest payments will be each month, I suppose that's OK. But don't go plugging in 3K the moment you have 3K in your account. You need to save up some buffer so you can still fend for everything else as well as maintaining a safety margin.
Of course, I'll always have money saved on the side for emergencies (car problems, theft, getting fired). I'm not the best with money, but I'm doing this to become independent as I want to go to university in California to become a BMW Master Technician.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #34
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

S2k.. good choice, 15k is a solid price too.
Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yea, it's a factory job, I'll be on the assembly line.

Just thinking about this, though... I currently drive a 97 Civic that needs some seriously help(Auto tranny is finished), but the body is in awesome condition. I can get that fixed and buy a motorcycle, both of those together would cost HALF what the S2000 costs and I'll have a car for the trips back to Sudbury and a motorcycle for fun and for work.

Remember, this place has a garage =D
Yeah I had to do assembly line as well haha. And yeah, just sell your current car for a few cheap hundred at a junk yard and buy your other car. Just try not to drive around a whole lot.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #36
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Yeah I had to do assembly line as well haha. And yeah, just sell your current car for a few cheap hundred at a junk yard and buy your other car. Just try not to drive around a whole lot.
What did you think of it, was it repetitive/boring? I mean I like the idea of LONG HOURS and lots of day's off. I'm technically only working 26 weeks a year which I think is pretty cool. A lot better than 9-5 Monday to Friday. which is around 38 weeks a year of work for the same hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet View Post
S2k.. good choice, 15k is a solid price too.
I'll most likely buying one from the states.

1. I love road trips and driving (I put 50k on my Civic since January 2010) But that's because my Ex lived 30km's away and I'd pick her up, come here, and drive her home at the end of the day, so 90-150 a day. I was also a pizza delivery driver for 2 months.

2. You can get a 2002-2003 S2000(the year I want, glass rear window with defrost) with around 40-60,000 MILES for 12-13 and our dollar is higher than theirs right now. For a 2002-2003 S2000 around here with that kind if mileage, you're looking at over 20,000 dollars.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #37
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

What about the things I NEED to bring.

I mean... I'm sure my mom will help me out on kitchen supplies and bathroom supplies to buy and cleaning supplies.

All I basically plan on having is a 46"-55" 1080p TV(LCD, LED, Plasma, doesn't matter) with my PS3 and a computer desk. All I really need to survive. I'm assuming I'll have to sell my drums unless the room is sealed pretty well. I may just buy another electric set.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
What did you think of it, was it repetitive/boring? I mean I like the idea of LONG HOURS and lots of day's off. I'm technically only working 26 weeks a year which I think is pretty cool. A lot better than 9-5 Monday to Friday. which is around 38 weeks a year of work for the same hours.

I'll most likely buying one from the states.

1. I love road trips and driving (I put 50k on my Civic since January 2010) But that's because my Ex lived 30km's away and I'd pick her up, come here, and drive her home at the end of the day, so 90-150 a day. I was also a pizza delivery driver for 2 months.

2. You can get a 2002-2003 S2000(the year I want, glass rear window with defrost) with around 40-60,000 MILES for 12-13 and our dollar is higher than theirs right now. For a 2002-2003 S2000 around here with that kind if mileage, you're looking at over 20,000 dollars.
It really depends on the place. Mine had no AC, just fans that didn't help much. On my first day on the job I almost passed out due to lack of water and since it's a metal warehouse, the temperature gets to 110+ degress so make sure you keep hydrated. I really hated doing it, I only did it for the summer. There was no "set time" for work. We had to make pales, (Steel buckets), and we had to make around 32,000 a day. Givent hat the machine that makes the pales broke down pretty much every single day, we would be there forever, and by forever I mean 6 A.M. - 8 P.M. I really dreaded it because it's so boring and you get really tired by the end of the day. Since my job was about an hour away, I had to be in bed by atleast 8:30 to get a full 8 hour sleep, wake up by 4 A.M to get ready and eat, then be at work by 6. It will be a lot easier for you since you have set hours and it's only 10 minutes away, so you don't have it as bad as I did. And my work days were 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I really wasted away my summer, (missing parties, hanging with friends, etc.) But I made $600 a week, so now my friends wonder why I have so much money.

EDIT: Also, that T.V. eats up a lot more electricity, so the more you use it, prepare for a huge electricity bill. That's what happens at my moms house.

Last edited by Superfreak04; 03-17-2011 at 08:40 PM..
Superfreak04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #39
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
It really depends on the place. Mine had no AC, just fans that didn't help much. On my first day on the job I almost passed out due to lack of water and since it's a metal warehouse, the temperature gets to 110+ degress so make sure you keep hydrated. I really hated doing it, I only did it for the summer. There was no "set time" for work. We had to make pales, (Steel buckets), and we had to make around 32,000 a day. Givent hat the machine that makes the pales broke down pretty much every single day, we would be there forever, and by forever I mean 6 A.M. - 8 P.M. I really dreaded it because it's so boring and you get really tired by the end of the day. Since my job was about an hour away, I had to be in bed by atleast 8:30 to get a full 8 hour sleep, wake up by 4 A.M to get ready and eat, then be at work by 6. It will be a lot easier for you since you have set hours and it's only 10 minutes away, so you don't have it as bad as I did. And my work days were 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I really wasted away my summer, (missing parties, hanging with friends, etc.) But I made $600 a week, so now my friends wonder why I have so much money.

EDIT: Also, that T.V. eats up a lot more electricity, so the more you use it, prepare for a huge electricity bill. That's what happens at my moms house.
TV will be for an hour or so of COD/RB since I don't like playing video games for long.

14 hour's a day 5 days a week? And only 600 a WEEK WTF.

I worked 50 hours a week as a laborer on a construction site and made 650+ a week
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #40
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
TV will be for an hour or so of COD/RB since I don't like playing video games for long.

14 hour's a day 5 days a week? And only 600 a WEEK WTF.

I worked 50 hours a week as a laborer on a construction site and made 650+ a week
Because of taxes, you get a lot less haha, and how much are you getting paid an hour? Mine was ten an hour.

Last edited by Superfreak04; 03-17-2011 at 08:49 PM..
Superfreak04 is offline   Reply With Quote