Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #181
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Golly, I don't know what kind of bravado you're trying to pull off, but it's making me even more confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #182
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Hey Silvuh, when you get back on, tell us your thoughts. You only posted once and I want to see where you still stand in all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #183
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Golly, I don't know what kind of bravado you're trying to pull off, but it's making me even more confused.
Just how I play~ no bravado, no gimmick, just me~

@Host: Riot has 1 vote, not 2 xd

Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #184
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
And literally so many other posts scream an attempt at keeping to your "hi I'm an awkward human and I'm always human, lol voting me is normal you'll see i'm human" look. Even if meta-shit wasn't taken into account, your awkwardness is so forced. You are trying way too hard to look like how you do in other games, James.
I agree that it's definitely being done on purpose. It seems we disagree about what that purpose is, though. To me it seems like a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."

Judging by your post, it seems like he's done this in the past, though. Maybe he's built up this character in previous games and this is the game where he's trying to pull the "this is my meta" card. I haven't played with james enough to know that.

But, james, if I'm anywhere close to the mark with this post, this is a pretty selfish move. It would mean that you're sabotaging the Day 1 lynch not to help the humans, but to further your own multi-game agenda. Don't get me wrong, playing with a multi-game strategy is a good thing. But if your strategy is to make "lol I don't have to answer your questions" an acceptable James May thing to say, first of all that's fucking stupid, and second it's not going to work. You'll just get lynched every time, sabotaging every human team you play with in the process. Plus, I'm sure you're a good enough player to not have to rely on such crutches.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #185
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
I agree that it's definitely being done on purpose. It seems we disagree about what that purpose is, though. To me it seems like a human trying to act weird and "awkward" as you put it so acting weird when he's a wolf wont draw as much suspicion. I'm getting the vibe that he wants to be lynched early this game, so the next time he acts this way he can just be like "look at game CIV, I was a human that game this is just how I always play."

Judging by your post, it seems like he's done this in the past, though. Maybe he's built up this character in previous games and this is the game where he's trying to pull the "this is my meta" card. I haven't played with james enough to know that.

But, james, if I'm anywhere close to the mark with this post, this is a pretty selfish move. It would mean that you're sabotaging the Day 1 lynch not to help the humans, but to further your own multi-game agenda. Don't get me wrong, playing with a multi-game strategy is a good thing. But if your strategy is to make "lol I don't have to answer your questions" an acceptable James May thing to say, first of all that's fucking stupid, and second it's not going to work. You'll just get lynched every time, sabotaging every human team you play with in the process. Plus, I'm sure you're a good enough player to not have to rely on such crutches.
This is him literally every game. But this time he is blowing it out of proportion with obviously forced and manipulative posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #186
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Not really...its just that nobody provides sufficient reasoning for me to answer them. Hell, if anyone were to give something that grabs my attention that I need to defend, I will answer them, but for the most part they're just voting me because of the way that I play. That's all they're just voting me on. Not sabotaging, nor being selfish, just pretty much have gone through the same bullshit every time that I play (which is pretty much all except that one game Kevin hosted) where I was pretty much either a Blue (which is rare) or vt (basically from when Manti revived TWG to now).

Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #187
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

this entire page is filled with so much drivel about meta and self-meta it's making my brain go dumb.

James who would you lynch RIGHT NOW and why?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #188
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

making my brain go numb*

SEE LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO
Old 11-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #189
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
This is him literally every game. But this time he is blowing it out of proportion with obviously forced and manipulative posts.
Not really, you know that I've been way worse before Kevin

Old 11-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #190
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Hell, if anyone were to give something that grabs my attention that I need to defend, I will answer them, but for the most part they're just voting me because of the way that I play.
How about answering for the shitty meta you're playing towards? Like I mentioned in my last post, by playing this way every game you're sabotaging every human game you play in to maybe give yourself a slight advantage when you're a wolf. You obviously realize that your playstyle is getting you targeted every game, why haven't you put a little effort forward to change that?

ps sorry dAnceguy
Old 11-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #191
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
James who would you lynch RIGHT NOW and why?
Right now? You know, to be quite honest its hard to pick one out of the bunch but if it was, I would have to go with Xiz. Now, the sole reason is that Xiz has posted some things that could be considered suspicious, like the post he mentioned about you rubbing him the wrong way but doesn't really mention why though. And he doesn't give out anything that suffices villa points on him, but at the same time doesn't give off anything that veers him off to the wolf radar. I'm just going by the fact that I would rather lynch someone that I am uncertain of being either villa/wolf than just picking someone out blindly at random (the exception is that there is SUBSTANTIAL and SUFFICIENT evidence/reasoning pitting player x as a wolf). Yeah everyone of us has pointers that could throw us into the fray but in the end, one has to be lynched.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #192
pntballa18
FFR Player

am i playing the V part well enough?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #193
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
How about answering for the shitty meta you're playing towards? Like I mentioned in my last post, by playing this way every game you're sabotaging every human game you play in to maybe give yourself a slight advantage when you're a wolf. You obviously realize that your playstyle is getting you targeted every game, why haven't you put a little effort forward to change that?

ps sorry dAnceguy
oy vey. To be honest, its hard to change up my style when I have gone through this a million times. It's like a mold that I have encased myself into ever since I started playing this game. It's like an addiction, a plague, a pandemic. Once you've embedded yourself into a persona on a virtual dimension, its hard to get rid of and just change into a completely different one.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #194
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
oy vey. To be honest, its hard to change up my style when I have gone through this a million times. It's like a mold that I have encased myself into ever since I started playing this game. It's like an addiction, a plague, a pandemic. Once you've embedded yourself into a persona on a virtual dimension, its hard to get rid of and just change into a completely different one.
i'd be totally fine lynching you day 1 every game until you learn to play nicely with the rest of the class
Old 11-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #195
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
i'd be totally fine lynching you day 1 every game until you learn to play nicely with the rest of the class
why take my play style seriously? I mean, you KNOW that I do this every time (due to Kevin mentioning it) and I'm town so why complain about it now? This is a serious question and not trying to mock anyone. I am just curious that now is when people bitch at my play style and not back then.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #196
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
am i playing the V part well enough?
And no you're not

Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #197
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Why do you expect us just believe you and move on because you say "this happens every game and i'm town" That is literally you trying to get us off of you through meta.

You ask us why we take your playstyle seriously, and then you literally say that that is how you play every game. Do you want us to just never take you seriously? Do you want us to just disregard you always and just consider you a waste of a player slot in game? I would hope not. Until you get your act together with your posting, I'm going to start ragging on you for this. It's one thing to shit-post about how vanilla/wolf you are in the first couple pages, but beyond that and trying to use that for an entire game is just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #198
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
why take my play style seriously? I mean, you KNOW that I do this every time (due to Kevin mentioning it) and I'm town so why complain about it now? This is a serious question and not trying to mock anyone. I am just curious that now is when people bitch at my play style and not back then.
Only speaking for myself here but I'm pretty sure this is my first game with you. Maybe you were in my first game after coming back, but I got lynched day 1 so I was more focused on that than trying to figure out what everyone else was doing.

I'm taking it seriously because by making the posts you've made on day 1 (gonna need more than a vote to make me talk, etc.) you're forcing us to either go:

"hey, that is a wolfy ass thing to say. let's lynch james because all we have to go on right now is the wolfy ass things that people say,"

or "ignore the wolfy ass things James says, that's just the way he plays LOL."

And honestly I'd rather be safe and go with option 1 then let that strategy work even once.

james
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #199
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Why do you expect us just believe you and move on because you say "this happens every game and i'm town" That is literally you trying to get us off of you through meta.

You ask us why we take your playstyle seriously, and then you literally say that that is how you play every game. Do you want us to just never take you seriously? Do you want us to just disregard you always and just consider you a waste of a player slot in game? I would hope not. Until you get your act together with your posting, I'm going to start ragging on you for this. It's one thing to shit-post about how vanilla/wolf you are in the first couple pages, but beyond that and trying to use that for an entire game is just plain stupid.
Welcome to the internet.

Alright, I'll just stop there. Do you just stop there for a moment and just think for a second on what the fuck you are trying to say? Anyhow, I guess I'll just put on my "nice" cap on since people love to take meta too seriously even though it's a useless measurement of legitimacy. The question wasn't directed to meta, just at the motion of you complaining at me now instead of before, which you did not answer.

But whatever, take it as a grain of salt, and when you see that you guys made a mistake in lynching me then you'll feel pretty much stupid for even voting for me in the first place.

Anyhow, time for "Mr. Nice James" that everyone knows in the chatroom.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #200
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Only speaking for myself here but I'm pretty sure this is my first game with you. Maybe you were in my first game after coming back, but I got lynched day 1 so I was more focused on that than trying to figure out what everyone else was doing.

I'm taking it seriously because by making the posts you've made on day 1 (gonna need more than a vote to make me talk, etc.) you're forcing us to either go:

"hey, that is a wolfy ass thing to say. let's lynch james because all we have to go on right now is the wolfy ass things that people say,"

or "ignore the wolfy ass things James says, that's just the way he plays LOL."

And honestly I'd rather be safe and go with option 1 then let that strategy work even once.

james
Okay, how is it that my posts are "wolfy"? If I go nonchalant people go "oh he's wolfy, lynch him." If I become defensive people go "oh james is being super defensive, lynch him". The post about me saying that it's going to take more than a vote, that was me being blunt about it. Would you really take the time to defend if someone just posts a vote against you without any reasoning? No. You just assume that its a random vote and move on with your life.

Closed Thread