Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

nigro oni is actually easier if youre good at minijacks/bad at minedodge
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:18 AM   #22
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Yo the Rings of Saturn tracks tho

Thank you

Also I hope there's a SMO session later today at some point

Last edited by SCWolf; 12-20-2015 at 02:21 AM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:38 AM   #23
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

downloading

will probably play this on smo later
Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 AM   #24
PhilGh3
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Glad to see that people like this pack so far haha
PhilGh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #25
Haruhitastic
FFR Player

OnToMe is fucking awesome
Haruhitastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #26
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yo everyone download this
thank you xay for being my sweet sweet german import girl <3`

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 12-20-2015 at 11:57 AM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Alright, so I know some of you have downloaded and played this to a certain extend, and I'm highly curious if you guys think my attempt at making a varied mix of chill files and harder files has succeeded during the days of infinite speed, difficulty, stamina, and D8 players.

I'm asking this because my biggest fear when making this was (and still is) that people would play only 10% of the pack (my own files as well because so much time went into making these) due to the fact that simply not enough charts are fitting their taste (pattern taste, difficulty taste, song taste, etc.) since there is so much stuff that just doesn't seem to fit into today's chart meta. However, if they do fit into the meta, they usually have at least one "thing" about the chart that's weird/off/unique or w/e that causes the entire file to result in a left behind shitstain that's just in the pack, which I even do realize is sadly the case for some files. So this fear has become reality to me up to a certain point at least.

Mind you, all of the files except for Open Window are and were never intended to be optimized for rate play, so if any files are even more gay on >1.2x, I apologize, but I can't do anything about it

I'm a die hard perfectionist and I have trouble processing criticism. Most just download the pack, talk about it to other persons, and I just get to hear bricks and pieces of their thoughts which either summarize to "gud" or "shit". So this would be a good thing to see having some responds to get rid of my excessive paranoia at the moment
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #28
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

If I wasn't so shit, I would probably play more of these. I can barely handle the 13s, so anything beyond that I'm never going to be able to play (my wrists can't take it anymore and it hurts to even try x.x), which is unfortunate because there are a lot of songs that sound good that I want to play but I just can't. The woes of not being omfgood at StepMania (and old lulz).

I've kinda just resigned to the fact that most packs are like this. There's always about half the songs I can't even touch because it's way too insane. I can't complain though The ones I can do are really good. So good on you and everyone involved for that.

Last edited by shenjoku; 12-20-2015 at 02:44 PM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #29
SayoYasuda
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayphon View Post
I'm a die hard perfectionist and I have trouble processing criticism. Most just download the pack, talk about it to other persons, and I just get to hear bricks and pieces of their thoughts which either summarize to "gud" or "shit". So this would be a good thing to see having some responds to get rid of my excessive paranoia at the moment
I tend to play slow simfiles because the music is usually better than an epileptic gabba aneurism on those, 3 of my favourite hard files are chipscape by puppet, t&j by moches & tc and eulogy for nick galvez by doodgonecrazy because they aren't bullshit (everything is legit according to the song, from notes to mines to whatever), and the music is good

I personally didn't feel too attracted to the song list but the simfiles are ok, I couldn't find anything new or notable between the songs I played mainly because they still cater to pro players and you can't really notice fun stepping or expressivemanias on insane charts, song selection is a bit generic too

hope this is a good answer, if you improve those the pack would attract me more, but that's just me
SayoYasuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #30
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Here's some comments I guess.

If a song isn't listed below it was either too hard for me, or I didn't like the song enough to play it. Song choice was a mixed bag for me in this pack, but I know plenty of other people do like the songs that I skipped so take that as you will, just my opinion.

Numeric rankings don't really indicate how well a chart was stepped, just how much fun I had with it, which in the end is all that really matters to me.

(Xayphon) 365 UNITED STARS - really interesting song, probably the most enjoyable breakcore file I've played this year. 9/10

(Tim) BADBOY - intro is a little slow compared to what it ramps up to after that. not bad otherwise, just not super memorable to me. Camellia is becoming a bit overplayed I think. 6/10

(Xayphon) Bow Down, You Ignorant Fools! - wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did, it ended up being pretty fun even if the song is pretty annoying. drags on a bit. 6/10

(Xayphon) Confronting the Menace - Fun little minedodge minijack file. Why bother stepping like 5 seconds of the fadeout though? Why not cut right before that? Just irked me a bit. 7/10

(Xayphon) Crash Up Against The Inevitable - well, it's stepped well and all that, but this was just kinda boring for me. maybe it'll hold up on rates but IDK. 3/10

(Xayphon) Die Legende - lol what was this. I had fun but this is just goofy. Low audio quality, but I'll probably end up replaying this a bunch anyway for god knows what reason... something about this chart just works for me. 8/10

(Xayphon) Die Sendung mit der Maus - short/goofy dump. I really dont have much of an opinion on this one. 5/10

(Xayphon) Drop It - I really liked the song, otherwise this is about as standard as handstream gets. I'll replay it on rates though. 7/10

(Xayphon) Du und Ich - I'll never get sick of blumchen handstream files. Cool song, the minor progression break section was really neato between all the major stuff. Chart is nothing special I guess, but it works good enough by my book. 8/10

(Xayphon) Eviscerate - Really fun file. The ending streams were really interesting, but the whole file itself is just really well done. Will definitely play this a bunch. 9/10

(Xayphon) Gaspard de la nuit - how long did this take you to step? 10/10

(IcyWorld) GRADIUS 2012 -Extended Mix- - Ugh, I don't even know how to feel about this. The song is just miserable. I'd have to play this on mute, but the steps were kinda average otherwise aside from some cool minijack sections. 2/10. If the whole song sounded as good as the preview music I probably would've liked this a lot more, but instead this feels like false advertisement to me.

(Phil) Imagine Breaker - Why is the audio quality for this so bad? big difficulty spike kinda ruins this for me too. 4/10

(Phil) Like a Fuckin' Sun - Meh. Pretty average. 4/10.

(IcyWorld) LOVERYTEKS - 7/10, standard icyworld handstream, fun as usual just nothing really new.

(Xayphon) Mission to the Deep Space - I'm a bit biased here because this is one of my favorite pieces of VG music of all time, but I enjoyed myself during this. 8/10

(Caliber) Open Window feat. Anna Yvette - weird light JS dump. SDP sightreads are pretty cool I guess. I'll try this on rates later, but 1.0 felt kinda lame to me. 4/10

(IcyWorld) Operation Ground And Pound - Really standard dragonforce marathon. Something about the first half of this song irked me, felt like the song kept changing every 30 seconds, probably just one of DF's worst songs I guess. 6/10

(Caliber) Renatus - really liked the song. the weird color theory jumptrill didn't make sense to me. fun MA file. 8/10

(Xayphon & Phil) Resistance 6 - 15s empty intro (or more?), huge difficulty spike halfway in. not for me. 2/10

(IcyWorld) Tenku No Shiro Vuerieru - really fun js/hs file, not much else to say. 8/10

(IcyWorld) Thwek - kinda boring chart for me, just didn't feel like it was going anywhere so I ended up quitting out about half way in. 2/10

Last edited by Wafles; 12-20-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #31
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal

ill never not love fast asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #32
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

Quote:
(Tim) BADBOY - intro is a little slow compared to what it ramps up to after that. not bad otherwise, just not super memorable to me. Camellia is becoming a bit overplayed I think. 6/10
This is fair, it does take a bit to get into the meat of the file but I felt that wouldn't be much of a problem.

nah son git rdy for da camellia dump pack 2k16 full of 24th/32nd bursts for 10 fucking hours

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #33
Guilhermeziat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tim- View Post
nah son git rdy for da camellia dump pack 2k16 full of 24th/32nd bursts for 10 fucking hours
YES!
Guilhermeziat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #34
Xayphon
sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenjoku View Post
If I wasn't so shit, I would probably play more of these. I can barely handle the 13s, so anything beyond that I'm never going to be able to play (my wrists can't take it anymore and it hurts to even try x.x), which is unfortunate because there are a lot of songs that sound good that I want to play but I just can't. The woes of not being omfgood at StepMania (and old lulz).

I've kinda just resigned to the fact that most packs are like this. There's always about half the songs I can't even touch because it's way too insane. I can't complain though The ones I can do are really good. So good on you and everyone involved for that.
Thanks, I'm glad we could at least provide some easier files for people like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayoYasuda View Post
I personally didn't feel too attracted to the song list but the simfiles are ok, I couldn't find anything new or notable between the songs I played mainly because they still cater to pro players and you can't really notice fun stepping or expressivemanias on insane charts, song selection is a bit generic too
I actually didn't think the song choice would be a notable issue with the pack, since usually unique songs are of interest for people that just want to play Stepmania for the music and quality in charts. I'm glad you think the files are ok, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
(Xayphon) Gaspard de la nuit - how long did this take you to step? 10/10
Around 20 hours. Thanks for the reviews man

Last edited by Xayphon; 12-20-2015 at 07:11 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #35
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:

Rates

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #36
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

I would use rates it it didn't make the song sound like ass and take waaaaaaay longer I might just do it anyways for some of these just to try it.

EDIT: I take it back. I'm dumb lol. I'm not sure why I was so against using rates. Probably some bad experience I don't remember anymore.

Last edited by shenjoku; 12-20-2015 at 08:04 PM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #37
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

so is this like nb6 but not because its more xayphon than icyworld

kind of like how turquoise is basically just aqua except closer to green instead of blue
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #38
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

bpm flux patch

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9w...x_patch%29.rar

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-22-2015 at 02:25 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:16 AM   #39
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Do not feel like you're left out. There are a ton of songs in this pack that I can't handle either.

This pack is...different;but please don't think different is a bad thing. I like that it's challenging in some parts, and some are just....bat shit hard.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #40
PhilGh3
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

thanks for your opinions guys
PhilGh3 is offline   Reply With Quote