Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #21
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Well...if its not wrong enough to be illegal, its just like drinking and gambling, right? Wrong, but not illegal?

Would you say drinking and gambling would land you in Hell?
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #22
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

ok i see, it is a type of birth control...i see not how that is like abortion at all, its like a condom or any other BC pill...

not so jewpin, when bush is reelceted, which he will be becuase the market is rising, and a few of supreme court justices retire, as expected, he will appoint some new antiabortion judges...abortion will not be here for much longer if W's plan works out
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:58 PM   #23
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Errr...I don't know about Bush's reelection there, Makaveli. You're right, the economy is rising, but prior to that it was at an almost all time low. Public opinion of Bush is falling in recent times. Or at least, my opinion on him.

Look, I don't want to get into a political debate, I just think that any man who can't eat a damn pretzel without nearly killing himself should not have his finger on the button.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #24
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Not if I can assassinate him first.

But really, the USA is turnning into a shit hole of a place to live. everyone hates us, we are still getting killed in Iraq, no progress has been made at all.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #25
makaveli121212
FFR Player

hehe yeah that was awesome...but stocks being up is the number one factor for reelection for any party...plus there is no clear democratic candidate yet, which will hirt the party badly...i have alomst no doubt bush wull be reelcted, the history of politics saya so...plus ill vote for him
Old 12-13-2003, 08:02 PM   #26
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

We'll see what happens.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:04 PM   #27
willson13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to willson13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
Well...if its not wrong enough to be illegal, its just like drinking and gambling, right? Wrong, but not illegal?

Would you say drinking and gambling would land you in Hell?
It IS wrong enough to be illegal, but making it illegal would be so counter-productive it would, well, just very, very counter productive.

And...

No clear Dem. candidate, eh? Okay, if you mean ONE, sure, I believe you, but I can think of several that are quite clear. Oh, and Bush isn't getting reelected.
willson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #28
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

I still think its funny that of all our losses in Iraq, only some 5% were from enemy warfare. The hell is Bush keeping them there for? We had them beat in two weeks, and we lost like 40 troops to their hundreds. But if you ask me, we've definitely overstayed our welcome. We did what we went there to do, now ship em the hell out...would you like enemy troops occupying your country?
Old 12-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #29
makaveli121212
FFR Player

agreed...anyone got anything else on this murder issue

btw if you assassinate him, ill kill you
Old 12-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #30
willson13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to willson13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
I still think its funny that of all our losses in Iraq, only some 5% were from enemy warfare. The hell is Bush keeping them there for? We had them beat in two weeks, and we lost like 40 troops to their hundreds. But if you ask me, we've definitely overstayed our welcome. We did what we went there to do, now ship em the hell out...would you like enemy troops occupying your country?
Which is exactly why Bush isn't getting reelected. His plan for execution was great, but for the conclusion of it all, well, let's just say it was lacking...quite a bit. We can't pull them out because the Iraqi gov't, or lack there of, isn't even somewhat stable without us. Our troops have to be used as police and military officers because the group that's being made isn't big enough. They DO however have a 40,000 man army, and every single day they're working to improve on that number, not to mention hire men for the Police force. Just whatever you do, don't listen to the media. They're all Liberals, every single one of 'em, except for Fox news and the less mainstream type.
willson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #31
makaveli121212
FFR Player

liberals suck; and by clear democratic candidate i mean one, hence the not-plural, you know only one runs for president...iraq was an excuse for bush to station troops in the middle east...we all, well we all politiaclly intelligent know that...our republican prez's have always wanted to be in there...now if OPEC tries to do something weird or something breaks out in Iran or Saudi Arabia, were right there to take care of it...at least for our best interest, and thats what matters, us
Old 12-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #32
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Kind of true, about Bush's plan in Iraq. It was kind of a 'shoot first ask questions later' type of deal. He focused on getting Saddam out, and didnt' consider any implications of what to do afterword. Also, with the deficeit at the all time high that it is, I don't know what he's thinking borrowing what was it...$150 billion total from Congress?
Old 12-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #33
makaveli121212
FFR Player

no i think 80 billion...its the patriot act who could vote against such a, dare i say, patriotic act...well one guy did...he did go in to get out saddam, but theres in doubt he had other implications as well
Old 12-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #34
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Yeah, but Bush took out two loans, remember? Oh, it was actually $120 billion I think. $40 billion at the beginning of the war, and another $79 billion recently.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:20 PM   #35
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Heres my thoughts
Killing a human being is wrong, just flat out, but before the child is born, i do not feel the child is "alive". It is the mothers decision to decided if they want to keep their child, but i do not feel that if they dont want it, the only alternative is to kill it. There are thousands of couples in the United States who are uncapable of having children, may it be disease or a heriditary thing. They would be very thankfull for a child to call their own. However, it is my understanding that there are certian laws prohibiting abortions after a certain point in the pregnacy. Although i think it is horrible, JUST after a woman because pregnent is the ONLY time they should be able to proform such an act. Afterwards the child develops a brain and i feel you will then be killing it.

About murder
murder is wrong, there should be none of it in society, i do not understand what would drive someone to kill, wheter it be their life aint going to great, or they have problems in their head. But, if they do kill.... they should be locked up for life, only if volentary of corse. If you do unvolentary manslaughter, you need to be punished, however not for life.

These are my views, they are mine, you may have others... but dont criticise me for them. and dont criticise my speeling ether
Old 12-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #36
makaveli121212
FFR Player

yes actually lightdarkness, bush passed a partial-birth bill, saying that abortions cant take place like after 7 months after conception or something...but you said murder was wrong and abortions are okay...so how do you feel about the man being charged with two murders
Old 12-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #37
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Quote:
If you do unvolentary manslaughter, you need to be punished, however not for life.
And here the debate continues. I want to say, I agree with you totally. However, here's the flip side. Say a woman's driving along when her car blows a flat. She swerves, hits a person, kills them. Its not her fault, but its still manslaughter. If she was a minor she could go to Juvi. No colleges or jobs will accept her. She'll be marked for life, for something that was a complete and total accident. Is that fair?r
Old 12-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #38
makaveli121212
FFR Player

life isnt fair, plus i dont know if you could be charged on that
Old 12-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #39
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

You could at least be sued for every penny you own. Read my thread about the Judicial system that I just posted.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:05 PM   #40
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Coat hangers = girl's best friend
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote