Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-8-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
Pizza_Pi
FFR Player

Default Re: Returning to FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
The judging process still looks out for sync/gap issues, so problems should be few if any. You cannot, however, avoid the small but noticeable differences of sound output and response time that accompany various hardware, so it's not so much of a "quick fix" as it is a sensible solution to acknowledge users with different keyboards and audio outputs.
I never thought about that, thank you very much! While testing, I'll play through the song multiple times to make sure my audio is in sync as well.

Quote:
However, there are probably still a number of very noticeably offsync songs that are NOT in the Legacy section (Legacy songs will be left untouched, sync included). If you do find one of these, please report it.
Trust me, I will. I think that means I will go and play all the songs now. Whoopee!

Quote:
All of these suggestions are case-dependent and are more often than not your personal preferences in stepping. There's rarely a factor in stepping that's outright "wrong". However, you're welcome to state your opinions on the songs that are released - not to mention that there's nothing stopping you from trying to submit your own the way you see it.
Well, they are my personal guidelines I like to follow, I just thought it might help some people who think this way too, but haven't quite thought of it yet. In that case, it's everyone's choice to accept it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
Stepping is a very subjective practice. What one person finds fun or flows well may seem awkward or unnecessary to someone else.

For example, take your first point. I personally love offbeat steps to vocals in songs such as Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor and Powerpuff Gabberz. You, on the other hand, seem to dislike them quite a bit. Funnily enough, I also enjoy long strings of jumps (not hands though), which you also seem to hate. Already between us two we have a couple differences as to what we like in our files. Multiply that with the thousands of people that play FFR and you're going to have a plethora of varying opinions.

There is no "correct" way to step a file. Everyone will have different opinions and interpretations of a song. You just have to realize that sometimes you'll come across a file that you absolutely hate, and that's ok, as long as you remember that someone else may find the file incredibly fun. It's very hard to please everyone when you're stepping.

This list of "problems" you're giving is all just personal preference (with maybe the exception of placeholder notes, but that's not really on-topic). I understand that you're trying to help improve the files on the site, but I kinda felt a vague sense of elitism coming from your post and just wanted to give my opinion on it. :P
I'm in no way elite, nor elitist. I don't hate any step set, they're all really good, and a lot of effort went into them all. Art is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. And stepping IS an art in itself. It's your choice to make a long repetitive sequence or some random note at the end of the song that goes with a "ding". I just have my persona preferences and my personal peeves. But in reality, I don't hate. I'm not someone that hates, or goes around parading that something is terrible. All I want to do is help make things better overall for everyone. Nothing more! I'll throw a message in a bottle into a sea of bottles, but I'll do it anyway, just for the sake of helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
EDIT2: Also, forgot to mention this but welcome back!
Why thank you! It's nice to talk to you too, and come back to someone like you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Pizza_Pi is offline   Reply With Quote