Best character in league is Cho'Gath
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #6342
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyman1990 View Post
There are some champions listed as "recommended". That's how I started out, by playing them. It's all about finding a type and style you're comfortable with. For example, I love playing support, and I'm atrocious at ADC. So luckily I play with a friend who plays ADC and love me supporting him. Just play around a bit. I'd be happy to play sometime as well if you want. On occasionally.
Thank you. That would be pretty awesome. Not playing alone is a nice way to try to get used to something new.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Ill probably start playing in the next couple of days so I will put all your suggestions and thoughts to good use and hopefully not fail too hard.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #6343
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Anyone having problems with the game in the transition between the "DEFEATED - VICTORY" sentence in game and the leaderboards in the client lobby?

Every now and again I would click the continue button to take me to the lobby results, and the game just exits out completely, and i can't find it running in my taskbar, so i open a new instance of it and says "There already is an instance of this open, would you like to close it and continue?" or something like that.

Basically, it boots me from the lobby and I keep having to open client again and log back in completely at random, i don't mind it, just would prefer to not have to worry about it.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #6344
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
Anyone having problems with the game in the transition between the "DEFEATED - VICTORY" sentence in game and the leaderboards in the client lobby?

Every now and again I would click the continue button to take me to the lobby results, and the game just exits out completely, and i can't find it running in my taskbar, so i open a new instance of it and says "There already is an instance of this open, would you like to close it and continue?" or something like that.

Basically, it boots me from the lobby and I keep having to open client again and log back in completely at random, i don't mind it, just would prefer to not have to worry about it.

I have had that happen, but not since 4-5 months ago. It will take a while, but I recommend doing the 'repair client' option.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #6345
Kirbyman1990
FFR Player

I am still kinda shaking. lol. We got our asses kicked in the beginning and our team comp wasn't great. But somehow we pulled through and won by pure luck, i swear.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #6346
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZtar View Post
but overall morg support sux.
^^^^^^^^^

people also don't realize that morg's shield only blocks magic damage

so having her bottom lane is pointless, cause A) her ult range (which got nerfed) sucks, B) her snare is so predictable that literally ANY ad carry can see you and dodge it without ease and C) her black piss really does nothing for the lane
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #6347
swordmasterz
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to swordmasterz

What?

Morg's spell shield has several seconds of CC immunity granted to your adc. This in itself is morg's saving grace as a support. Maxing shield first is viable imo to reduce CD. And just because it blocks spell damage doesn't mean that it won't help when their mid lane tries to come gank you. You can make certain lane matchups much easier to deal with. Taric, Leona, Blitz, Alistar, etc. (not saying you're gonna win those lanes but you allow your AD to farm with less pressure)

Also morg's dark binding moves at like the same speed as lux's bind iirc. It's quite dodgeable if you're aggressing, but if you are playing defensive it is easier to read where the opponent plans to move.

Yeah the pool is shit on support. Whatever.

Ult I have found mostly defensive uses, though the flash ult every once in a while can be effective in the right situation. Good peel and initiation protection.

Not a top tier support, but not shit for sure.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 AM   #6348
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
people also don't realize that morg's shield only blocks magic damage
How do people not realize that ?_?

Maybe if you're like... new to the game.. or first time Morgana and you accidentally didn't read the ability when you first used it.

I get what you're saying, and I see people use the shield thinking it'll help them vs a tower, but that's the ineptitude of the player, not how people regularly play her as support... or w.e.. you get what I mean I hope
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 AM   #6349
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

lol you guys do realize pretty much anything can be viable up to at least 1500 elo right. hell probably 1800 even. people are bad and don't know how to play vs non meta matchups. i probably win 80% of bot lanes as support wukong. it's garbage but most players under plat don't know what to do vs it.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #6350
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

fiddlestix support #1

3 sec fear, u die
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #6351
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordmasterz View Post
Morg's spell shield has several seconds of CC immunity granted to your adc. This in itself is morg's saving grace as a support. Maxing shield first is viable imo to reduce CD. And just because it blocks spell damage doesn't mean that it won't help when their mid lane tries to come gank you. You can make certain lane matchups much easier to deal with. Taric, Leona, Blitz, Alistar, etc. (not saying you're gonna win those lanes but you allow your AD to farm with less pressure)
Having 1 spell with awesome utility =/= a good support. Morg's kit simply doesn't work bot lane cause even if you land bind, enemy ad can still AA/cast spells. And if you bind their support and your ad commits their ad will just go all in on your ad.

Quote:
Ult I have found mostly defensive uses, though the flash ult every once in a while can be effective in the right situation. Good peel and initiation protection.
Support morg dies in <1 sec and the other team will just ignore your ult. (you won't have money for zhonyas unless you had crazy good kill pressure early game or you skipped out on important support items)

Quote:
Not a top tier support, but not shit for sure.
You're right. shes a cut above "shit" tier. but not by much
Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #6352
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
lol you guys do realize pretty much anything can be viable up to at least 1500 elo right. .
I guess I am pretty much going off of this. Also, I consider her strongly for late game. Yes, I know it only blocks spells. And granted the black goo doesn't do alot. But I noticed it lets me control them more.

With morg, I have noticed I can prevent ganks or for that matter feeding. It also was a GREAT counter to blitz if he ended up not being banned (happened twice so far)

Granted, I dont get zhonyas until 25 mins in about, due to my heavy keepup with warding. But then again, competant teams will also buy wards when they are not support. Having everyone else buy a ward now-and-then really boosts the overal performance.

P.s.

(I havent tried fiddle support, i should try it)

Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #6353
speeddemon
FFR Player

Syndra too fun. Not much more satisfying than throwing blue at someone or taking it away from the enemy jungler trying to smite it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #6354
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If you see an early Blitz pick and you know what you are doing, pick Sivir with Morgana support. Grabs are really easy to bait with Sivir's spell shield -at least at low levels- and Morgana is just a straight up Blitz counter in every way. She's not the best support (especially not for Sivir) but she IS the best at making Blitzcrank players rage.
Go make a Blitzcrank player cry, it's magical.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-31-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #6355
hi19hi19
lol happy

p.s. I played some ARAMs with the FFR LoL Krew and im really bad and basically did nothing every time but it was fun anyway xX{yoloswag420}Xx

Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #6356
swordmasterz
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to swordmasterz

Quote:
Having 1 spell with awesome utility =/= a good support. Morg's kit simply doesn't work bot lane cause even if you land bind, enemy ad can still AA/cast spells. And if you bind their support and your ad commits their ad will just go all in on your ad.
Shield has good utility. I would make arguments to say bind and ult also provide decent utility as well.

I don't understand your reasoning for bind being 'bad'. Of course it's no stun. But if you snare an enemy it still means that they cannot position or dodge for a small period of time. This means you are likely going to get free hits on the person you snared, from a single auto to a full Sivir Q. If your adc is not playing smart and decides that a bind means an all-in commitment then that's a completely different story and it's not really on you.

Aside from that, I never said morg's laning was that good. She does much better mid game when teamfights start occuring and you can either isolate targets, shield priority teammates, or use your ult to zone/peel.

Quote:
Support morg dies in <1 sec and the other team will just ignore your ult. (you won't have money for zhonyas unless you had crazy good kill pressure early game or you skipped out on important support items)
Why are you talking about zhonya's if you say the other team is ignoring your ult? If they ignore your ult you get the stun proc. Otherwise you've zoned them and you ult still did its purpose. If they focus you as a priority target then the enemy team is doing it wrong. And you will have reasonable survivability with generic support items (kindlegem, doran's, locket, shurelia's) If you're dying in <1sec then your team is probably losing a good chunk or you're really out of position.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #6357
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

hey waht is going on in here

i will vouch for sivir #1 ad carry at low elo though
Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #6358
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

IEM Brazil is literally the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person

Last edited by darklordsarumon9; 01-31-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #6359
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordsarumon9 View Post
IEM Brazil is literally the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
I haven't had a chance to watch yet but I'm expecting 5 Morde every game
And commentary consisting of nothing but "hue" and "rest of SA worst, BR #1"

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #6360
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

I wasn't paying attention but I think every game so far has had someone select Mord. Not that they played him but he was picked. This rapper guy came out and was like, "YO IM THIS DUDE THAT TRAVELLS THE WORLD. YEAAA NOTEBOOKS!! YOU GOT GUNS? WE2"

No seriously...this event is a joke.

On the other hand the matches are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
Closed Thread