Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2023, 09:36 PM   #481
Arp!
The Toaster Poster
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I actually read a champs game where someone jokingly said they were wold phase one, kept joking about it like 12 more times throughout the game, and then won final 3 for the scum team
sheesh, that's impressive

Quote:
Wait how is she your strongest town read? Your best defense of them is that you don't have a reason to suspect them but that's like most of the game. And to people who you do have reasons to think are town you legit indicate a lower town read then "strong"
take the "strong" / "moderate" / "slight" adjectives with a grain of salt. I was mostly focused on conveying whether I was leaning town or not town, so the comparisons between people might be a little inaccurate. I'll try to do a better job with that next time
and I was mostly going off of intuition with sourissette since she hasn't posted much; what I've seen from her so far seems really genuine

I'll try

they/it
Arp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:37 PM   #482
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

ignore the "I'll try" lol, I decided to move that sentence to an earlier point in the paragraph and messed it up

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 09:39 PM   #483
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Someone has to be a vet on the wolf team based off the Haku kill.

Don't @ me
Makes as much sense either way
Actually a vet that knows Haku would know he's always examine rules anyway and might think less of his actions? Idk

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:40 PM   #484
Dafty.Pixel
FFR Player

Quote:

It's impossible to work towards town's wincon if you're not reading the thread and forming opinions on the players. Past that, it's extremely hard to win as town if you're not sharing those opinions with the thread

Can you at least tell us who you are willing to vote and why?
I think maybe Arp or Force.

Arp seem to play a good but evil character like a jrpg character
And Force is sneaky but he look like someone who have a plan
Old 08-22-2023, 09:44 PM   #485
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp! View Post
sheesh, that's impressive
I mean, it was champs
Literally spectating some of the best players on the web

And then for some reason Raeko was there too (love you Raeko what happened was BS)

Quote:
take the "strong" / "moderate" / "slight" adjectives with a grain of salt. I was mostly focused on conveying whether I was leaning town or not town, so the comparisons between people might be a little inaccurate. I'll try to do a better job with that next time
and I was mostly going off of intuition with sourissette since she hasn't posted much; what I've seen from her so far seems really genuine
You're stance is noted but I don't see what you do

Old 08-22-2023, 09:45 PM   #486
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel View Post

I don't understand, what actions have they done that lead you to this conclusion?

Old 08-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #487
Sourissette
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah sorry about my low amount of posts! I really don't know what I could bring more than being more confused.

I expect I'll be able to post more as the game goes forward and I have a better understanding of the rules and the people. I'll probably have a better idea tomorrow with more posts to read, anyway I've understood that people are more actively posting near the end of the phase? Or maybe I understood that wrong.
Sourissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 09:51 PM   #488
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

if I had to redo my reads to account for assumptions/intuition, it might be something like this
(ordered from most confident to least confident)

town
lar, t-force
xel

wolves
lightknight
charu...?

and the rest are either neutral or almost entirely based on intuition
I think I'm a little more suspicious of charu than I am of toone (they were similarly inactive before and turned out to be town)

still not very confident about this, to be honest

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 09:52 PM   #489
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourissette View Post
Yeah sorry about my low amount of posts! I really don't know what I could bring more than being more confused.
yeah that's understandable
this seems like a really difficult game to have as your first, what with all the roles and everything

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 09:54 PM   #490
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
if I had to redo my reads to account for assumptions/intuition, it might be something like this
(ordered from most confident to least confident)

town
lar, t-force
xel

wolves
lightknight
charu...?

and the rest are either neutral or almost entirely based on intuition
I think I'm a little more suspicious of charu than I am of toone (they were similarly inactive before and turned out to be town)

still not very confident about this, to be honest

That's uh....what was your previous reads list a page back?

Quote:
okay so
I haven't reread the thread in a few hours, so these won't be the most confident reads ever, but they should at least give you an idea of where I'm at...?

1: Hakulyte KILLED N1, FLIP DELAYED
2: MixMasterLar - moderate town read. reasoning makes sense, nothing out of the ordinary compared to previous games, and the mindmelding with t-force seems pretty convincing
3: _Zenith_ replaced by Charu - ehhh... neutral for now, but I'm a little suspicious for reasons I briefly mentioned earlier. also seems a little more defensive than usual, maybe? not too sure about that one
4: T-Force - town read for most of the same reasons as lar, minus the comparison to previous games, which isn't applicable
5: Dafty.Pixel - literally no clue. please post more if you can!
6: Lightknight924 - mmm... slight scum read, I think. not a lot of game talk, and what they have said about the game is... strange? lmk if I need to elaborate
7: Arp! - definitely scum, no questions asked
8: ToonE156 - uhh... are you alive? neutral for now, I suppose, but you gotta participate more!
9: XelNya - very difficult to read, so I'm not sure. slightly leaning towards town since they seem to agree with lar. also, I was confused/angry about many of their actions early on, but in hindsight most of them can be interpreted as simply gathering information, which seems pretty towny to me. thought it was weird that they were going after me so often, but I'm probably an easy target for that sort of thing. people read me like an open book all the time, both inside and outside of twg
10: mellon_collie - also not sure. maybe a little quiet compared to previous games, but I haven't noticed any red flags
11: Sourissette - strong town vibes. could easily be a scum trying to stay under the radar, but that goes for pretty much all of the quiet people, so I have no reason to suspect them in particular

hmm... coming up with a scum team guess from this is tricky. I honestly have no clue
if the al bhed thing was some reverse-psychology craziness and it's lar/xel/t-force, we're basically screwed lol
but more realistically, something like lightknight/toone/[quiet person] is a possibility based on what I have
This definitely feels like you're just plugging names in places and seeing how it looks

Old 08-22-2023, 09:56 PM   #491
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Specifically it's Charu's and Sourissette's positions seemingly getting shuffled that throw me off

Old 08-22-2023, 09:58 PM   #492
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Hey ToonE I see you down there

Old 08-22-2023, 10:03 PM   #493
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

like I said, my read on sourissette was based on intuition. I decided not to include her the second time because there's no solid evidence for or against her being town.
and yeah, I changed my mind about charu. I was tempted to say slight scum lean in the original post, but chances are their claim to being interrogated by the jailor is correct and they haven't said anything else incriminating as far as I remember, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt

this is why I don't really like putting people or things in tiers; a lot of it feels arbitrary. you'd honestly be better off just reading my brief descriptions for each person in the original post and leaving it at that

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 10:07 PM   #494
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

in other words, I will fully admit to "plugging names in places and seeing how it looks"
I have a hard time figuring out how to convey what I actually think through a "[adjective] [town/wolf] lean" format, so both posts went through several revisions to get them as close as I could to aligning with my actual thoughts

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 10:08 PM   #495
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

Quote:
Hey ToonE I see you down there
aaaaand they're gone :/

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 10:16 PM   #496
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah I'm pretty sure from playing a couple of games with them that ToonE's whole strat is to largely ignore the game until EOD and then vote whoever is already established as a wagon

And I just ain't gonna let that keep happening

Old 08-22-2023, 10:20 PM   #497
Arp!
The Toaster Poster

it rubs me the wrong way, too; but this is very very similar to what they did last time as a member of town, so... I don't think it indicates they're a wolf? it's just kind of irritating

they/it
Old 08-22-2023, 10:32 PM   #498
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Personally if you have as less posts then SunFan does I kinda don't think you're working towards town's wincon right now

Psssst that's half of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel View Post

Would still like an answer about what actions lead you to these conclusions

Old 08-22-2023, 10:33 PM   #499
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
This definitely feels like you're just plugging names in places and seeing how it looks
I don't really see what you're seeing here? Their reads look like they are the same to me when I compare the two
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:34 PM   #500
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Lar

Just for clarity that's not because I questioned you, that's for insulting me !!!!

Rude
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote