Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-6-2016, 03:58 PM   #1661
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Well, all things considered that's still weird. It does hint at the same reasons as going from T-Force to Storn.
Old 12-6-2016, 04:00 PM   #1662
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Alright I’m pretty much caught up with the thread.

so I definitely understand the suspicion surrounding Storn. During my reading of the thread several of his posts stuck out to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
charu

oh's are not contentful posts. and i cant tell whether or not i like you from them. post more content so you can be read like a cute snivy coloring book
Kinda seems like a soft call out from wolf to potential wolf partner. He put a bit of pressure on Charu in order to be able to read him better which is normal. But the way he said it seems like he wanted it to be easy to read Charu, like he was asking for a clear signal. And this is not the last time he mentioned Charu. He seemed to have a bit of a focus on Charu this game, as though he were trying to read him in a particular way.

Quote:
what i dont like is that recently we found the whole charu mindmelds with me as a woof when im town, this has been proven through the last game. Him trying a gimmik that makes him hard to read just kind of says something about that. This happens to be his first woof game (assuming he rolls woof) since that kind of came up.
This again gives vibes of softly calling Charu out. “Mindmelds with me as a wolf when I’m town”, obviously he is going to say that he is town. but he is implying Charu is a wolf “mindmelding” with him as town is bizarre. Seems more like a wolf would mindmeld with another wolf. And then he once again claims Charu is hard to read, urging Charu to give him some sort of signal.

I was getting these sorts of vibes from him yesterday while reading Day 0. I was trying to focus on these sort of potential wolf call outs from any player. Then comes along this freaking post

Quote:
Aight, so people seem to be confused (or atleast were) about the charu NK. Its as simple as this, on N1 you woof check your partners by NKing them to see if they die. If they dont, well either you are unlucky, or they are one of your parnters. If no kill happens you have more information to play with, and information is everything in this game. Cleary with the way charu was acting it would make sense that i would want to send a NK on him to make sure he isn't town. Seeing that he died, im less likely to try and defend him on accident thinking that he is a woof partner when he isn't. that said, still sucks for woofs that they nked the miller.
This is such a wolf mindset to have. First of all, he said “I” would want to send a NK and “I’m” less likely to defend a possible wolf partner. This is a slip if I’ve ever seen one. It’s possible that he was just super duper putting himself into the mindset of a wolf, but come on.

It’s possible storn is just outlining exactly what he actually did as a wolf in this game, hoping that everyone would assume he wouldn’t do something so obvious. I’ve done this as a wolf before.

I was having these feelings about him as I read the thread yesterday even before Charu died. Coupled with the way he was acting regarding Charu on D0, this post about Charu’s death is just too perfect. Signs point to Storn thinking of Charu as a potential partner. That post seems very well thought out from a wolf’s perspective and like storn has concrete knowledge of how the wolves chose their kill. The fact that it was Charu really doesn't look good for Storn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-6-2016, 04:09 PM   #1663
Hakulyte
the Haku

The last game where I was with Storn was Fire Emblem and I somehow completely misread him.

Is there a way to know that this is more wolfy than towny from Storn?

I tend to town read him when he's acting wolfy like he's doing in these posts, but this is all meta.

Is there more to it that I just don't know?
Old 12-6-2016, 04:11 PM   #1664
Hakulyte
the Haku

Actually, I really like your very last paragraph/explanation.
Old 12-6-2016, 04:12 PM   #1665
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

incoming effort posts about other things in a bit. I have a lot of other thoughts about things I'm just going to post em quick now and expand later when I have more time

I kept forgetting about dadcop during my reading. not sure what that says about dadcop or maybe my reading abilities

Pazzaz seems like they are trying to blend into the background intentionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I'm sure she could get away with it for 2 days worth of play since everyone appears to be ignoring that slot right now and I fully, fully expect her to take advantage of that.

I'm pretty sure the slot is red though so I don't expect her to even reply to me, or look in the thread at all until tomorrow. We'll see.
kinda sketchy to put false ideas into people's heads. Very negative attitude toward me right off the bat makes it seem like you're pushing an agenda. Having predetermined expectations in a game of werewolf is a good way to make bad reads. Or if you're a wolf it's a good way to push people without having to find anything they've done within the game

My town reads right now include Haku, AA and DFR. Freezin is seeming town too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-6-2016, 04:58 PM   #1666
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

That second paragraph i super agree with.
So I'm minding my own damn business, right? Some scrub that plays some of dem dank games comes up and randomly says, in the most monotone voice, "hi". I was baffled, if not, stumped from this noise that was produced from that memers throat. I wanted to know the deep dark secrets to this mysterious noise. I started to research the meaning of life as I took the data from this encounter. 25 years later, I discovered that I was a piece of paper.

Old 12-6-2016, 05:22 PM   #1667
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post

This again gives vibes of softly calling Charu out. “Mindmelds with me as a wolf when I’m town”, obviously he is going to say that he is town. but he is implying Charu is a wolf “mindmelding” with him as town is bizarre. Seems more like a wolf would mindmeld with another wolf. And then he once again claims Charu is hard to read, urging Charu to give him some sort of signal.
ok, i like the mindset of this, but heres the thing to note. When charu is a woof and i am town, i like him WAY to much. Whenever i don't like him, its because he's also town. And i say mindmeld, which sounds weird but its true. there was a game where me and charu literally voted for the same person at the same time, out of nowhere. take my conversations as you will, but the charu mindmeld thing is 100% true and it can be quite annoying when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 12-6-2016, 05:35 PM   #1668
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
You should try to clarify both situations if possible. It's not something I ever paid attention to before and I'm curious about your own stance over yourself.
Well the way i see it is that i dont form stong opinions. I tend to sit back, and watch what happens, chiming in on anything i feel needs to be looked at or hasn't been commented on and needs to be. Eventually i find someone i really dont like and tunnel on them. Not saying i like that about myself, but its something i've come to realize. As a woof its pretty much the same thing. i look for what people are doing and try to read them for it, unless i have something strong on someone i tend to ignore them. My teamates tend to get undefended or even bussed by me, and sometimes that bus can be more of a train going into a tunnel.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-6-2016, 05:43 PM   #1669
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
ok, i like the mindset of this, but heres the thing to note. When charu is a woof and i am town, i like him WAY to much. Whenever i don't like him, its because he's also town. And i say mindmeld, which sounds weird but its true. there was a game where me and charu literally voted for the same person at the same time, out of nowhere. take my conversations as you will, but the charu mindmeld thing is 100% true and it can be quite annoying when it happens.
You're basing your argument on something that is "100% true" from your point of view.
How can this be 100% true?

Quote:
Well the way i see it is that i dont form stong opinions. I tend to sit back, and watch what happens, chiming in on anything i feel needs to be looked at or hasn't been commented on and needs to be. Eventually i find someone i really dont like and tunnel on them. Not saying i like that about myself, but its something i've come to realize. As a woof its pretty much the same thing. i look for what people are doing and try to read them for it, unless i have something strong on someone i tend to ignore them. My teamates tend to get undefended or even bussed by me, and sometimes that bus can be more of a train going into a tunnel.
That makes sense, but it's not really alignment indicative. Still you answered the question and I didn't really expect more than that so, I'm fine with this post.
Old 12-6-2016, 05:45 PM   #1670
dadcop2
FFR Player

i'm still suspicious of storn as i was on d0, but who knows? my suspicion of t-force was completely fucking wrong so idk anymore. also @mellon i'm not sure if storn's post was actually a slip or if he was just discussing what a possible wolf strategy may be, but i wouldn't put that past him considering his possible slip when he said he 'wasn't getting mislynched'.

AA and MML u two need to shill down ok. r e l a x

time to do a giant electronics lab report, later gamers
Old 12-6-2016, 05:51 PM   #1671
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
You're basing your argument on something that is "100% true" from your point of view.
How can this be 100% true?
its true because statistics say its true.

just a few games i can think of:

Last game: i didn't like charu he fliped town

random turbo i replaced into: Charu literally posting my thoughts as i read them, liked charu more. he was a woof

A TWG from a while ago: charu tried something super risky and got a pr killed for it. i didn't like charu, he flipped town

a TWG from longer ago: I was Vigi, charu posting things im thinking and literally us voting the same thing at the same time out of nowhere, he flipped woof.

This game: i didn't like charu's posting gimmick, he flipped town(ish).

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-6-2016, 06:01 PM   #1672
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
its true because statistics say its true.

just a few games i can think of:

Last game: i didn't like charu he fliped town

random turbo i replaced into: Charu literally posting my thoughts as i read them, liked charu more. he was a woof

A TWG from a while ago: charu tried something super risky and got a pr killed for it. i didn't like charu, he flipped town

a TWG from longer ago: I was Vigi, charu posting things im thinking and literally us voting the same thing at the same time out of nowhere, he flipped woof.

This game: i didn't like charu's posting gimmick, he flipped town(ish).
I want you to read this post from my previous game.

This is Neeee, "as a wolf" explaining to me why he's "town".

Look at what he's doing.
Look at what you're doing.

I think the very exact same thing is happening right now.

Can you explain to me why I'm wrong? (if I am)
Old 12-6-2016, 06:09 PM   #1673
Hakulyte
the Haku

Just to be clear, I did not read all of your games and took the time to compare to check if what you said is true or not.

What I'm pointing at is that you are capable of changing how you play each time a new game starts.

So, why are you using previous games as a mean to convince us that you're not capable of changing ?
Old 12-6-2016, 06:12 PM   #1674
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
I want you to read this post from my previous game.

This is Neeee, "as a wolf" explaining to me why he's "town".

Look at what he's doing.
Look at what you're doing.

I think the very exact same thing is happening right now.

Can you explain to me why I'm wrong? (if I am)
if a square is a rectangle, does that make a rectangle a square?

If i dont like charu when i'm town he flips town.
Charu flipped town and i didn't like him. am i town purely based off of this?

I was merely saying me stating the fact that me and charu mindmeld when he is a woof and i am town is a thing that exists, and that fact being stated shouldn't be something to read me off of. And really, this would be a terribly weak argument for how strongly im being woof read.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-6-2016, 06:15 PM   #1675
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

Quote:
Just to be clear, I did not read all of your games and took the time to compare to check if what you said is true or not.

What I'm pointing at is that you are capable of changing how you play each time a new game starts.

So, why are you using previous games as a mean to convince us that you're not capable of changing ?
just to make this clear, im not using this to defend myself. just wanted to explain something melon thought was weird (and to be fair it IS weird), not to rebuttal against his entire argument and show that im a good outstanding towny.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 12-6-2016, 06:25 PM   #1676
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

storn what about this

when you're town, more often than not you'll do something that I find pretty towny

when you're wolf, it doesn't happen as much (or doesn't happen)

you haven't done anything that I've found very towny this game, in fact I'd say your whole game has been pretty scummy

thoughts? and no, saying you're scummy every game is not an option because that's a copout

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 12-6-2016, 06:25 PM   #1677
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

also mellon's posts are A+

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 12-6-2016, 06:48 PM   #1678
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
if a square is a rectangle, does that make a rectangle a square?

If i dont like charu when i'm town he flips town.
Charu flipped town and i didn't like him. am i town purely based off of this?
Why do you post this.

Quote:
just to make this clear, im not using this to defend myself
..and follow up with this?
Old 12-6-2016, 07:00 PM   #1679
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Yo storn momentum is starting to slowly build up against you. If you want to get in front of this I'd suggest starting to build a case against someone who you think is more scummy than you are. Because at the moment i can't really find a post where you go hard on anyone. And R.E. id looking alot better than you by comparison and you two were my top scum going into today.

Quick thoughts/reads:

Annoying that I was pretty much ignored all last night, and nobody even acknowledged anything I said and the entire night was a shouting match. And when i posted what i thought was a good insight it got ignored, questioned, then ignored again after i substantiated it. AA and MML are in my town pile for today and I didn't need to read that entire asinine exchange to realize it.

Choof I felt really good about at eod yesterday and melon continuing right where he left off. Town

Dance is eh. Null read because he hasn't gone hard against anyone and has yet to put himself in harms way trying to play.

Haku giving vibes from last turbo and is sounding alot better than he did during his meltdown on d0. Town lean

Dadcop is null to slight scum. His content is pretty null and he doesn't have alot of interaction with other people which is kind of scummy in a game like this where it should be easy to do so.

DFR is slight town. Just alot of good posts and stuff I like.

Pazzazz is scum lean. Just playing utr with very little to show for this game.

Storn is strong scum or strange town. Just so much stuff he's posted where I'm like "no why would you say that. " It just keeps happening (if I wasn't on phone each of those words would be a link to a cringe storn post).

R.E. was crap on d0 but has had good stuff d1, enough to land him out of my scum lean and into null for now. He's one of the first people I will revisit d2 though and read everything he posted today to see if it still checks out depending on how this eod goes

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 12-6-2016, 07:16 PM   #1680
Hakulyte
the Haku

@ FreezinIce

I'm pretty much mindmelding with your read list if you're wondering where I'm standing.

Most of the hate I had on you D0 had to do with inactivity/hastiness.

I haven't really interacted with you much around the second half of D0, but you were looking a lot better at that point so, I didn't feel like you were a concern anymore.

I'm currently rereading the entire thread with the flips in mind.
Closed Thread