Old 11-8-2010, 12:24 AM   #61
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles
Default Re: Should drugs be illegal?

LMFAO THIS THREAD BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ps has anyone mentioned Portugal yet?
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...riminalization

I realize that there's more to it than just usage rates and HIV, but these results are not insignificant.
Old 11-8-2010, 01:32 AM   #62
Rubin0
FFR Player

I don't have a problem with the legalization of drugs. I don't take them and it has nothing do with the legality of it. Apparently, drug abuse has been dropping significantly in Portugal since they decriminalized drugs. It's just like kids and alcohol. The man telling us we can't have it makes some people want it even more.

I also think that decriminalizing it can help the government regulate it. We would have a lot less street crime and many fewer innocent people dying because Jo Schmo had to get his heroine fix.

Finally, I completely support strict drug testing for jobs, sports, certain activities, etc. I think jobs should test their employees regularly. Drugs should be legal, but if you don't want drug addicts working for you, then so be it. I think driving should be limited for people that test positively for really hard core drugs and hallucinogens.

Edit: MrGiggles ninjad my portugal comment...an hour before I posted it. My bad.
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 01:38 AM   #63
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

I can understand jobs, but why sports? If they're not under the influence at the time they're playing, what's the big deal?
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:26 AM   #64
MayneWithoutModem
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
I can understand jobs, but why sports? If they're not under the influence at the time they're playing, what's the big deal?
michael phelps
MayneWithoutModem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:31 AM   #65
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

lol
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
Old 11-8-2010, 05:43 AM   #66
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
What's funny, I'm friends with many casual smokers. I'm a casual smoker myself, it's much more of a social thing. I have no problem with drugs: MDMA, Marijuana, Shrooms. The others, I do have a problem with. While MDMA and Shrooms can cause you to pretty much die via suicide or pure stupidity weed is not the same way what-so-ever. It's more of an eye opener for me, I honestly have appreciated music high or not since I started.

I think it should be legalized for your own personal growth, but I think selling/transporting it should still be illegal. You'll see rise in gardening supplies and such .
Sorry, but why the **** would anyone die on MDMA (aside from ODing, in which case, lol).
And I read your post like you think MDMA and shrooms and weed are the only drugs (personally I don't even consider weed a drug xD). What about cocaine? Or heroin? Ketamine? PCP? Obviously harder drugs will have more of an impact on your body, and possibly on people around you, depending on the drug. There's no way in hell that MDMA would really cause anything bad to happen to those around you; you might annoy them from bouncing around or something.
Then you get your dirty E. That's just dirty. You'll be more "up" on it than with MDMA, but dirty ****.
Friends on Ketamine is annoying. Cause if they're K-holing, and you're out somewhere, they quite possibly won't be able to walk straight, and won't know where they're going. Taking care of them is a bitch, cause you may be ****ed on something as well. (I say this only because the people I know who do K are people I know from the rave scene, and, let's be honest. You're at a rave; you probably aren't sober)

And now I honestly have no idea what I was trying to say with this post because ADHD thinking is lol. I think basically as long as you aren't pissing off other people while under the influence of _____, it's fine. You can put whatever **** you want in your body, just know that it's garbage.

tldr version: Do whatever the **** you want. Just don't piss people off while ****ed up.
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 06:55 AM   #67
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post
you never said the upsides

explain why it should be legalized

I'm interested in your opinion.
Typically the argument for legalizing any drug is that you can bring it to the open markets, which drives the prices down and allows it to be taxed. When something becomes easily accessible, that means you won't see as many assaults/deaths associated with drug deals. Credit is a whole different animal in the black market, and it's oftentimes pretty grim. Legalizing drugs means no more situations where some poor soul owes someone $10,000, can't afford it, and winds up getting robbed/beaten/etc. Instead, you could just purchase the drugs at a much lower price from the public, legal markets. It can also be argued that fewer people in jail is a better thing. When you put someone in jail, he is not able to put any of his labor towards the economy in any way. He becomes a burden on society because taxpayers ultimately fund him. On top of that, if that person has a child, that child is now without a parent is statistically more likely to get into trouble. Legalizing the markets also means more jobs created in the wake of regulation and heightened demand and easily accessible distribution channels. Furthermore, it means bringing it to the public forefront in terms of education in terms of responsible usage.

While this all sounds great, it's an idealized view. There are problems inherent in a few of the facets I've brought up, whereas other facets are a bit more subjective/empirical, while others are plain unknown and depend on how regulation would be handled.

Marijuana isn't more harmful than smoking/alcohol. As I've mentioned, legalizing it would lower the price, provide tax revenues, cut down drug-deal disputes massively, free up the courts for other worthwhile matters, and cut funding away from potentially harmful drug dealers. There are also well-documented medical benefits to marijuana that many people currently take advantage of.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 08:21 AM   #68
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

What about the people who sell weed? What are they going to do? I'm guessing nothing will change with who sells because they can still sell it cheaper than the government.
Old 11-8-2010, 08:27 AM   #69
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Lmaooooo. I can't even read through this thread seriously Jesus Christ.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 09:34 AM   #70
scientific
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
The others, I do have a problem with. While MDMA and Shrooms can cause you to pretty much die via suicide or pure stupidity weed is not the same way what-so-ever.
wow i missed this one hahahah

suicide is about the farthest thing on my mind when rolling...
Old 11-8-2010, 09:34 AM   #71
scientific
FFR Player

i invite everyone to eat a bunch of good acid with close friends or alone and then get back to me
Old 11-8-2010, 09:36 AM   #72
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Salvia > acid any day
Old 11-8-2010, 09:41 AM   #73
scientific
FFR Player

being delirious for 15 minutes and giggling is better than (possibly) having an intense introspective journey?

id rather be super spun out than smoke salvia again, theres no real thinking aspect to salvia its just a get-****ed-up drug
Old 11-8-2010, 10:00 AM   #74
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scientific View Post
being delirious for 15 minutes and giggling is better than (possibly) having an intense introspective journey?

id rather be super spun out than smoke salvia again, theres no real thinking aspect to salvia its just a get-****ed-up drug
Eh I would say this isn't true -- comes down to personal preference. Then again, I've never used things like acid.
Old 11-8-2010, 10:22 AM   #75
StepmaniaGod6969
3 Fingers
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to StepmaniaGod6969

I think grown drugs should be legal. EX. Marijuana, Shrooms. But made drugs, Ex. Cocaine, Acid, Meth, should remain illegal.

StepmaniaGod6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:13 PM   #76
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

just saying but that's kind of like being okay with abortion only in cases of rape or incest
Old 11-8-2010, 02:18 PM   #77
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lol
Old 11-8-2010, 02:47 PM   #78
fullmetal_alchemist027
Don't make me stalk you
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal_alchemist027 Send a message via MSN to fullmetal_alchemist027

This thread is certainly interesting. Thanks for pointing out some of the pro's for MMJ legalization MrRubix, had a few I missed when talking to my friends.

Ive never done anything outside salvia, for the trip drugs, and I dont plan on it. Those are just a little...ehhh :/

As for legalization as a whole, I'd say naturally grown things, like MMJ, shrooms, salvia, should be made legal with restrictions, as to how much you can buy at a time, or how strong, etc

fullmetal_alchemist027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 03:05 PM   #79
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
BUMP with our first ever Dubstep permission!!
RobertsonaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 03:45 PM   #80
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 View Post
I think grown drugs should be legal. EX. Marijuana, Shrooms. But made drugs, Ex. Cocaine, Acid, Meth, should remain illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
just saying but that's kind of like being okay with abortion only in cases of rape or incest
I don't quite follow