Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-9-2014, 07:53 PM   #41
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Complextro Pack (Submissions Open)

i'll step rec01
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #42
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

anything from this album? or maybe everything
https://soundcloud.com/virtual-riot/...e-not-alone-ep

My Yggdrasil turned out really inconsistent with questionable traditions. Mostly because I layered hands on the drums that hit 16th notes every so often,
I guess I could post it here to have some1 reassure me not to step DnB again
Old 08-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #43
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

track 1 and 2 work probably

track 3 only very short cuts I would accept, so I'm not sure if a good cut can be made

track 4 is fine

track 5 nope

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #44
Alioth
Banned

This is more of a classic trance track~

Don't know if any of these tracks would be good. 1 and 3 I would cut for stepping, just wanted to post the full version of them since I can appreciate those songs~
Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
my first submission to my own pack:

Madeon - Icarus (CosmoVibe) [4k]
This song stole my heart. I think the chart is solid as well I mean, yes it can be harder, but that'd take the fun out of it IMO. Nonetheless, I would put it in the pack~

Last edited by Alioth; 08-12-2014 at 06:42 AM..
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #45
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

sorry all 3 of those tracks are rejected. I think you entirely missed the point. this pack isn't for trance, it's for complextro, where the songs are much more glitchy and switch between extremely different kinds of sounds/instruments very quickly. none of these songs even remotely do that

Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #46
Alioth
Banned

No worries...I thought that might've been the case. Anyhow...I'll keep looking and stuff.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #47
choof
Banned

Quote:
track 1 and 2 work probably

track 3 only very short cuts I would accept, so I'm not sure if a good cut can be made

track 4 is fine

track 5 nope
tracks 1, 2, and 4 are dubstep
ironically, track 3 is closer to complextro than anything else on the release, but mostly because it's a typical electro track

do you know what 4 on the floor means
Old 08-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #48
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

assuming you're nit-picking genres in order to make some sort of point, im guessing you still view my pack as a threat to your pack for whatever reason, which is why you're trying to make a point in order to demonstrate that I'm basically doing the same thing as you and therefore this is some sort of disrespect

I don't know what I need to say to make myself clear. I don't care about the genre label, what I care about is the particular characteristics of the music. the problem is here: if I tighten up on restrictions of song choice, I get criticized for making a pack that will ultimately fail and not have many charts in the first place. if I'm too lenient, then I really am basically doing the exact same thing your pack is doing. but in the end although the theme of the pack was meant for myself, the community would still see this as any other edm-type pack (or just another pack in general). just as how general packs can co-exist as non-competitors, I don't see why themed packs should be any different. my pack organization is also completely different from yours, so that's another reason to distinguish them separately

again, I didn't make this pack because I was unhappy with the execution of your pack or I wanted to outdo you. I made it because I wanted a more narrow range of songs to play. and in case I misunderstood the intention of your post, I apologize for typing this out. I simply didn't want any misunderstanding between us, out of respect for you. and if there's any other way you wanna approach this, if you have anything else you want to straightforwardly say (whether it be here or in pm) I'm open to listening. the last thing I want is to have bad relations with friends in the community

EDIT: one more point I forgot to mention because I didn't think of it. if your intention was to help me clear my judgment on what songs I should accept or reject, feel free to challenge me or comment on it. if you understand what I'm going for and you found that I made an error in judgment (despite how significant or insignificant) I don't mind someone coming forth and letting me know. because again, I do want to avoid this pack looking like a direct overlap of your pack, because it shouldn't be

Last edited by stargroup100; 08-12-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #49
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i mean, i think it's pretty obvious that you should've done your fucking research and realized there would be a conflict in the first place instead of brazenly starting your pack and blaming the other one for your problems

Last edited by lurker; 08-12-2014 at 02:13 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #50
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

I personally don't see a conflict between the two packs

but others disagree and that's what is causing conflict

which is why I'm saying, if anyone has anything more meaningful to say or ask, feel free to do so

Old 08-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #51
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

Quote:
assuming you're nit-picking genres in order to make some sort of point, im guessing you still view my pack as a threat to your pack for whatever reason, which is why you're trying to make a point in order to demonstrate that I'm basically doing the same thing as you and therefore this is some sort of disrespect

I don't know what I need to say to make myself clear. I don't care about the genre label, what I care about is the particular characteristics of the music. the problem is here: if I tighten up on restrictions of song choice, I get criticized for making a pack that will ultimately fail and not have many charts in the first place. if I'm too lenient, then I really am basically doing the exact same thing your pack is doing. but in the end although the theme of the pack was meant for myself, the community would still see this as any other edm-type pack (or just another pack in general). just as how general packs can co-exist as non-competitors, I don't see why themed packs should be any different. my pack organization is also completely different from yours, so that's another reason to distinguish them separately

again, I didn't make this pack because I was unhappy with the execution of your pack or I wanted to outdo you. I made it because I wanted a more narrow range of songs to play. and in case I misunderstood the intention of your post, I apologize for typing this out. I simply didn't want any misunderstanding between us, out of respect for you. and if there's any other way you wanna approach this, if you have anything else you want to straightforwardly say (whether it be here or in pm) I'm open to listening. the last thing I want is to have bad relations with friends in the community

EDIT: one more point I forgot to mention because I didn't think of it. if your intention was to help me clear my judgment on what songs I should accept or reject, feel free to challenge me or comment on it. if you understand what I'm going for and you found that I made an error in judgment (despite how significant or insignificant) I don't mind someone coming forth and letting me know. because again, I do want to avoid this pack looking like a direct overlap of your pack, because it shouldn't be

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100
I want other people to step songs I like
fixed that for you
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #52
choof
Banned

Quote:
I personally don't see a conflict between the two packs

but others disagree and that's what is causing conflict

which is why I'm saying, if anyone has anything more meaningful to say or ask, feel free to do so
there's not a conflict between the packs, it's more the fact that you started a complextro pack and have absolutely no idea what complextro actually is
Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #53
Alioth
Banned

OK

@choof - stargroup started a pack that yea, the execution is a little off, but that doesn't mean you have to feel the need to badger his pack. like...yea, i totally get it may come into conflict with your pack, but at the same time, it's fucking stepmania lol. nothing to be serious about it to the point where it annoys you :P

@stargroup - i totally get what you're trying to do with the pack, and yes, i do agree with the idea of it. however...with that said, i think that you should rather open up more song choices to people or give the definition of what a complextro song is. that's my suggestion, but idk if it will help lol.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #54
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #55
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

again, if you can think of a different name that works better I'll use it

but what confuses me even more is if you care about genre definitions that much, the first song you suggested was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sEbYiTpTo

from wiki: Electro house sometimes contains elements of tech house such as prominent basslines, short and high-pitched riffs, and minimal to medium amounts of percussion. Unlike tech house, however, it can include abrasive, electro-influenced synths and vocal or instrumental samples. The tempo is usually around 128 to 130 BPM. Complextro is typified by glitchy, intricate bass-lines and textures created by sharply cutting between instruments in quick succession.

that's definitely not complextro either way, and from my research this appears to be labeled as glitchstep

yggdrasil you commented on as being drumstep, and I'll give you that, but a lot of aspects of the song fit into this description

fits: prominent basslines, short and high-pitched riffs, glitchy, intricate bass-lines and textures created by sharply cutting between instruments in quick succession
doesn't fit: minimal to medium amounts of percussion, tempo is usually around 128 to 130 BPM

the traits that don't fit could arguably be ignored for the purposes of making charts more difficult, or at least making it easier to create more difficult, faster charts

any other issues?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #56
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
@stargroup - i totally get what you're trying to do with the pack, and yes, i do agree with the idea of it. however...with that said, i think that you should rather open up more song choices to people or give the definition of what a complextro song is. that's my suggestion, but idk if it will help lol.
I gave examples and descriptions of songs in the first post, which in my opinion, while not extremely detailed, should be very clear about explaining what I'm going for. I don't really know what other clarifications I can really give, as the criticisms I made about your tracks could've been addressed if you understood what I was saying in the opening post

and I did expand my song choices, as I've explained in detail in the post above. I've extended the definition to only hold a priority on the characteristics that I find make complextro a notable genre, and so I took out the arbitrary tie to electro (which is how more dubstep-influenced tracks got through). I don't really know how much further I can really extend my definitions before I start accepting things that have almost no traits that label them as complextro

Old 08-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #57
Alioth
Banned

Quote:
I gave examples and descriptions of songs in the first post, which in my opinion, while not extremely detailed, should be very clear about explaining what I'm going for. I don't really know what other clarifications I can really give, as the criticisms I made about your tracks could've been addressed if you understood what I was saying in the opening post

and I did expand my song choices, as I've explained in detail in the post above. I've extended the definition to only hold a priority on the characteristics that I find make complextro a notable genre, and so I took out the arbitrary tie to electro (which is how more dubstep-influenced tracks got through). I don't really know how much further I can really extend my definitions before I start accepting things that have almost no traits that label them as complextro
i didn't really read the post, no offense lol. like...i refuse to read anything slow lately xD; Anyhow...put the wiki definition on the front page. you don't want people to like...get confused with what it should actually be and stuff because that can easily happen since they're dumb.

anyhow, i'll look for more songs and such :O

Last edited by Alioth; 08-12-2014 at 03:51 PM..
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #58
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

so hes looking for some chords being smashed some quick wub wubs or synth stabs and then some arps all changing every bar or 2 while interchangeably being introduced or reintroduced into the song wala

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 08-12-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #59
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buta-san View Post
oh, im also curious with the progress on fuck nexus + Yggdrasil.
Depending on the difficulty of the charts made I could make a easier 6-9NPS 4k
or try a easy 6k if you two already have 2+charts

cant wait for c86 : (
I only suggested Fuck Nexus, and the song was approved. No one is actually stepping it right now as far as I know; you're welcome to do so.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #60
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

I hope its atleast fun.

Hard is a pig trying to be unique / original chart
Edit reminds me of Dossar'n'Bass / layering of last section is different everywhere else is deleted.

I wanna know which style should be made a easier chart.

For Mazoeon I didnt eye rape it on ddream but from a glance it looks good for what it is.

You get a brownie for stepping the full song. but I have to say, for all playfulness sake, it needs a cut. Not a cut like chopping the song in half but one that shortens the unique
measures in half( 4 -> 2 )