Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #181
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
If I want a game that has noticeable differences, I wouldn't be playing a game that's mass produced for non-gamers.
It does have noticable differences. The graphics are the only thing that could have used more change. Would you like to also awnser two questions for me:

1) What else should they have changed to make it different (not tweak existing things like getting rid of Juggernaught in support)

2) How did they produce this game for 'non-gamers'? I'd consider myself a 'gamer' although I think that term is used mainly by pretentious people and I've thoughouly enjoyed this entire game series regardless of the fact that the majority of it's players are hulariously stupid. How does aiming towards people who play games less frequently directly effect the quality of MW3 to people who game more often? I honestly can't see it.

Last edited by fido123; 11-27-2011 at 02:55 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #182
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post

1) What else should they have changed to make it different (not tweak existing things like getting rid of Juggernaught in support)
They should have stopped making MW games.

Quote:
2) How did they produce this game for 'non-gamers'? I'd consider myself a 'gamer' although I think that term is used mainly by pretentious people and I've thoughouly enjoyed this entire game series regardless of the fact that the majority of it's players are hulariously stupid. How does aiming towards people who play games less frequently directly effect the quality of MW3 to people who game more often? I honestly can't see it.
The game is easy. It is completely watered down and poses no challenge to people who have been playing video games for a while. Sure, there's veteran or whatever but all that does is lower the amount of times you can be shot. It doesn't change the overall difficulty of the game. There are still no hard parts.

Maybe not having a challenge is enjoyable to you but I don't see how it can be.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #183
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

RAWR! I'm in this convo. now!

COD4 was awesome, but like Fido said, people hold an affinity towards it, which I completely agree. MW2 was a more explosive and unbalanced sequel and MW3 is MW2.5 (how MW2 was supposed to be) because of its hardly updated engine (the engine doesn't need a massive change because it is perfect for what the game is intended to be and no shooter game I've played can compare to the natural "COD feel") and how it's now running at 60FPS.

Yes, it does seem like there are no noticeable differences, hell I thought it was MW2 with new maps and guns, and I blame Activision. Rather than producing and releasing a "new" COD game annually out their ass, Activision should hold off and work on their products some more. They have got to be the stupidest company ever and are ever so centered in profiting off of their biggest title because they know people (me) will buy it regardless. COD elite isn't completely finished, there's no android app yet and there's been like five patches since its release? Those egotistical bastards!

Stay tuned for my trickshot montage =]

Quote:
To the contrary, they should just put more time and money into their product. It may be unrealistic in too many aspects, but there is no other shooter like it nonetheless. That the game doesn't cater to absolutely everyone's preferences is another thing...

Quote:
The game is easy. It is completely watered down and poses no challenge to people who have been playing video games for a while. Sure, there's veteran or whatever but all that does is lower the amount of times you can be shot. It doesn't change the overall difficulty of the game. There are still no hard parts.
I agree, the game IS easy, which is why I and many others choose to make it harder on ourselves to find enjoyment in it. An example would be that of quickscoping. Although it has become ever more accessible so that any mediocre player could perform such feat, I would like to see your average player pulling a ladderstall-claymore swap-1080-noscope from a reasonably impressive distance, or how about going 2:1 ratio and above, or even going positive and getting pointstreaks at that.

Quote:
When you get good at something, how can it continue to be a challenge, unless you push yourself to become better? It's not like battlefield is any different, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, idk Need for Speed?, or even FFR for that matter.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #184
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Why? Should they have stopped making Halo games after Halo 2? They've made a bunch of increimental improvments to the game and have re-balanced everything and added a few new game modes. Yeah, it's more of the same stuff but if you like that stuff, it's great. If you want something new unique you probably shouldn't buy sequels pretty much ever.

Quote:
Veteran also increases their accuracy. There really isn't a lot more space for how they can change the difficulty. Accuracy and damage as that's what FPSs are all about. If you're buying this game for the Campaign I don't know how anybody could really be happy with it since it has nearly no replay value or anything, but the game has plenty of other stuff which I personally focus on (mainly MP). I don't even think I've played the Campaign for MW2 more than twice. If you want to play a game for great single player don't buy MW3. When talking about the game assume I'm talking about MP cause I agree, the Campaign is kinda sucky but I don't think they really focus on it. Better than BF3's campaign anyway IMO.

Quote:
Why I play MP. Before you say "OMG LOL MP IS STILL EZ", how good you can be at MP is boundless. There are always people out there who are better than you, and when you're in a game full of noobs you can always die less and kill more.

Last edited by fido123; 11-27-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #185
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
I would like to see your average player pulling a ladderstall-claymore swap-1080-noscope from a reasonably impressive distance.
I had to search on youtube 1080-noscope, cause the first thing that came to my mind was someone spinning 3 times and shooting, and I thought that would be extremely dumb and asked myself why would someone do that. But yeah I was right -_- it was exactly that... why would any average player would like to do that? It looks to me that even the 'pro' players get extremely bored and need to create random stupid challenges to make the game interesting.

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
ic0slay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #186
fido123
FFR Player

If you're a pro you're more likley to get bored of a game considering you play it as a job.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #187
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic0slay3r View Post
I had to search on youtube 1080-noscope, cause the first thing that came to my mind was someone spinning 3 times and shooting, and I thought that would be extremely dumb and asked myself why would someone do that. But yeah I was right -_- it was exactly that... why would any average player would like to do that? It looks to me that even the 'pro' players get extremely bored and need to create random stupid challenges to make the game interesting.
How is that challenge any different from the in-game challenges such as getting a semtex stuck on a teammate and getting a kill as he rushes into an enemy? How about a collateral headshot? A javelin taking out the entire team? Would a throwing knife across map bouncing on top of house, going through a hole in the wall and landing on an enemy camper cater to your likings? Perhaps neither considering your pessimistic outlooks.

A challenge is a challenge and despite it sounding "stupid," the execution of that particular challenge is harder than you'd think. Afterall, luck plays an important factor. Besides, challenges are used to refine your skills and abilities, are they not? I don't see anything wrong with challenging yourself in the smallest detail, no matter how "stupid" it is to become better, especially in a fast-paced, competitive action game like COD where the small details matter.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #188
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
I would like to see your average player pulling a ladderstall-claymore swap-1080-noscope from a reasonably impressive distance, or how about going 2:1 ratio and above, or even going positive and getting pointstreaks at that.
1) any ****ing person can do that ladderstall etc etc etc bullshit, thats not ****ing skill thats extreme luck
2) 2:1 ratio i can do and i consider myself an average player
3) going positive and getting killstreaks is incredibly easy LOL
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #189
fido123
FFR Player

Thing about MP is no matter if you go positive, if you're not MVP you're not at the top of that match. With anything MP like MW, it doesn't matter if you're positive pretty much every match, it's how well you can do overall. I've had some matches with 32 kills and 3 deaths in MW2 and one godly match I remember from COD4 where I went 52 and 2. Unless you're getting numbers like that on a consistent basis, bitching about it being easy is retarded. It's like saying a sport like hockey or soccer is easy. Yeah you just kick a ball around but you have people on the other team with the exact same restrictions as you with the same chance at winning as you do.

Also by no means am I trying to push MW3 on anybody. I completely understand why a lot of people hate that game just like the way I hate Halo but can respect that it's a half decent game. It's over hyped like hell by 14 year old boys and 20 year old skinheads but that in no way impacts the quality of the game unless you care about community in FPS games. I find MW3 fun and therefore I will play it. I find Minecraft to be boring as shit so I don't play it, but I'm not going to just play it so I can brag about my taste in video games and I know for a fact some people do this (not anybody particularly on this forum). Playing video games is about having fun and if you're playing them for any other reason you live a sad and miserable life and should probably just end yourself before you have to suffer any more of a shitty insignificant existence.

EDIT: Those last comments weren't directed to anybody in the thread, but rather the pretentious gaming community I hate so much. I have a neighbor who gets all pretentious with me when I tell him I was just playing MW3 when he asks what I was doing. He then goes on and on about how I should stop playing "stupid" games and start playing games that "CHALLENGE THE M!ND" and to buy indie games as opposed to supporting large evil corporations. Sadly there are a lot of people like my neighbor.

Last edited by fido123; 11-28-2011 at 07:10 AM..
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #190
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Just thought I'd post a video I made. They're nerfing the shotguns, believe it or not, even though the Striker is the only one worth using. The SPAS loses to dual FMG9s and quickscopers, which is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #191
MrMagic5239
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrMagic5239 Send a message via MSN to MrMagic5239

Shotguns have been fixed drastically. PS, did you know it is possible to get a moab with 0 kills and 48 assists?
Arme (Mage/Alchemist/Warlock/Battle Mage) Lvl 80/80 MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ronan (Spell Knight/Dragon Knight/Aegis Knight/Abyss Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Lass (Thief/Assassin/Dark Assassin/Striper) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4, EXP Rank 1
Ryan (Druid/Sentinel/Viken/Xenocider) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Amy (Dancer/Musician/Siren/Superstar) Lvl 78/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 13
Sieghart (Gladiator/Warlord/Duelist/Prime Knight) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Jin (Fighter/Shisa/Asura/Rama) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 1
Zero (Seeker/Wanderer) Lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4 EXP Rank 9
Dio (Stygian/Drakar//Leviathan) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Rin (Caller) Lvl 77/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 32
Rufus (Bounty Hunter/Killer/Ravager/Arbiter) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1
Ley (Summoner/Harbringer) lvl 79/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 21
Asin (Desciple) Lvl 80/80, MP Bars 4/4, EXP Rank 1 (Eastern Rain Liquid Jade aquired)
MrMagic5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #192
jayjayboy
Wish i didnt lag a lot
FFR Veteran

Money
Wasted
3 Times

jayjayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #193
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I'm still pissed off I ****ing pre-ordered this piece of shit. Worst $6x ever spent. Played the campaign which was very disappointing (too short, boring, killed off a main character for no reason.. boring) after seeing how awesome CoD4 and MW2 campaign's were pretty exciting to play. I got like barely 1/4 of the way through Spec Ops mode and Survival before I got fed up and quit, still looking for people to help me do it eventually.. I hate having unfinished achievements.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #194
[TeRa]
FFR Player

mp is gr8 and idgaf about the campaign or anything considering i haven't touched a cod since the 2nd one
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #195
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Not gonna say it's the worst 60 bucks I've spent, because MP isn't that bad, but I traded it in cause I wasn't playing it.
I'm back to playing CoD4 again.
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #196
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

12 Hours in total played since it came out. Most were at parties with friends over. Ouch.
(Opposed to 600+ Hours on MW2 rofl what was wrong with me)
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #197
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Put it in the other week for a laugh, quit straight away and put Black Ops in. There was only 100,000 people more playing MW3 to BLOPS.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #198
Moonlight_X
Hates Boo Flags
FFR Veteran

Michael_Bilge is my psn. CoD session it up yiow.
Moonlight_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #199
DustyFart
FFR Player

Add me on PSN: CheekFace234

I want to add someone who likes to quickscope.

eric shin = ~erection~

I'm an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
find where midnight lives and touch his penis since i'm quite sure no one else will ever do it
DustyFart is offline   Reply With Quote