Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #1762
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Pseudo Skill Token Thread V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunter1117 View Post
somebody take the spot now!!
I might be able to do a few updates now and then, but I don't know how I'd be able to change the main posts.

I don't know if it's okay with Hammy either.

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
Old 09-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #1763
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

This thread was starting to average between 10-15 posts of unlocks a month. Right now there is only a small group of people who are consistently unlocking tokens. The concept is just dying, and tokens are becoming less interesting. There is no need for a V3 with how little the current activity/interest is within this thread.

After thinking about it over the past couple days, though, I suppose I could do updates after a certain number of posts with unlocks. I should be able to update this in moderation, but don't expect an update right after you guys post. The way I see things, an update will only happen once every two weeks at best. If the activity in this thread increases greatly, I'll either try to get back into updating quicker or have someone else take over. The reason why I wasn't planning on updating for a few months at first was because of classes, job hunting, work on my college portfolio for transferring out of state next spring, and other random tasks. While I can't put my focus on this thread every couple days like I could before, I can try to attend to it every couple weeks.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #1764
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If you want, I could keep track of token unlocks since I check back here every new post.

I could just make a big compilation post of all recent token unlocks so all you'd have to do is check back to that one post that'll list all recent token unlocks. It'd be less work and trouble for you that way.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #1765
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I think if the conditions were more reasonable it might be worth doing. Certain people should have to redo their tokens In my opinion.

Edit: A list of the one's i find unreasonable:

5: "You cannot blackflag or AAA any of these," That's just ridiculous because of the Keeping under 45 good condition that's there.

6: A three hour time limit is not really something that a typical skill token could keep in mind. If the original idea was to make them seem like a ST this couldn't be done.

8: Same as Tera's, Keeping your bar under 10% isn't something i think FFR could keep track of.

11: The combo idea was a bit odd and random, easy as it might be a FC of them all would be more reasonable. (Yes i realize this is my own and looking back i don't know why i made it that way.)

32: A MP AAA is just ridiculous and i don't even think you can unlock a ST while in MP.

36: Why are there three ways to unlock it? That's like Tass making a ST that says AAA Death Piano, Eclipse (Solar) or Vertex Beta vROFl.

46: The fact 3X speed mod is probably not gonna get fixed anytime soon.

51: The beginner's one's should count because to them it's still just as hard as FC HellBeat V1 to an index Player whom can FC a VC with ease.

54: Make it pass Sympathizer once and I think this one would be fine.

58: take away the 2nd way to unlock it that's just ridiculous.

71: 1 hour time limit.

72: Failing out of all the classical songs is ridiculous.

98: Low res requirement isn't really something you could do in an actual ST.

I didn't do all of them just what I think to be the majority.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 09-13-2008 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #1766
kjwkjw
>w<

Well, if this thread becomes active again, I can keep track of unlocks as well.

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Old 09-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #1767
Godel
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Godel Send a message via MSN to Godel

I randomly played it and got that, I didn't think to s/s it at the result screen because I rembered like 20 seconds after closing it "Wasn't 0 boo FC a Pseudo Token?"

Use MyAnimeList? Join the FFR Club! Details here
Old 09-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #1768
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I think if the conditions were more reasonable it might be worth doing. Certain people should have to redo their tokens In my opinion.

Edit: A list of the one's i find unreasonable:
Quote:
5: "You cannot blackflag or AAA any of these," That's just ridiculous because of the Keeping under 45 good condition that's there.
45 goods allows for plenty of room when having a minimum of 14 goods. (Two goods per song with seven songs.) If someone can AAA or blackflag these songs, they can easily let two goods in without worrying about their PA on each song moving their total good count above 45 goods.

Quote:
6: A three hour time limit is not really something that a typical skill token could keep in mind. If the original idea was to make them seem like a ST this couldn't be done.
Time taken to play all the songs can be proven, therefore it is allowed. Sure it may not be easy to automate with regular skill tokens, but since these are all manually tracked/recorded, it's a definite possibility. I'm not trying to duplicate FFR's official skill token system here. This is for personal tokens that allow for much more creativity and flexibility.

Quote:
8: Same as Tera's, Keeping your bar under 10% isn't something i think FFR could keep track of.
I don't really like the whole life bar percentage idea, but the way this one is worded makes the token really easy to pull off. And again, maybe not easy to automate, but it's easy to manually track and record.

Quote:
11: The combo idea was a bit odd and random, easy as it might be a FC of them all would be more reasonable. (Yes i realize this is my own and looking back i don't know why i made it that way.)
This is why it's good to be absolutely sure what you want your requirements to be. At least it makes for a nice easy token.

Quote:
32: A MP AAA is just ridiculous and i don't even think you can unlock a ST while in MP.
A multiplayer AAA really isn't ridiculous, especially with the masking features that have been implemented (I'm assuming the "ridiculous" part you are getting at is having to deal with lag issues.) Again, I'm not trying to duplicate FFR's official skill token system here. This is for personal tokens that allow for much more creativity and flexibility.

Quote:
36: Why are there three ways to unlock it? That's like Tass making a ST that says AAA Death Piano, Eclipse (Solar) or Vertex Beta vROFl.
What? That's nothing like Tass having a skill token to AAA one of those three songs. I don't see anything wrong with this token and the two different options in unlocking it. This token is perfectly fine, and it fits ieat's legacy well enough.

Quote:
46: The fact 3X speed mod is probably not gonna get fixed anytime soon.
Notice the "Under Construction. Can not be unlocked right now." My edit on the first page was before the edit on your post, but I'll just assume you didn't see that part of the token. I will have to contact the token creator about the necessary changes.

Quote:
51: The beginner's one's should count because to them it's still just as hard as FC HellBeat V1 to an index Player whom can FC a VC with ease.
If you're taking into account different playing styles, then that's not my issue. They'll have to deal with the disadvantages that come with their playing styles. Yeah, these tokens will be easier/harder to others depending on the playing style one uses. (One of the reasons why I took out that difficulty section I had before.)

Quote:
54: Make it pass Sympathizer once and I think this one would be fine.
I agree. I actually have it in the rules that songs over two minutes can only be allowed for three times in a row. I just forgot to change the token to fit that rule, hehe.

Quote:
58: take away the 2nd way to unlock it that's just ridiculous.
I actually was thinking about taking away the second part. It seems like too big of a jump in difficulty and too big of a change in the "theme" of the token.

Quote:
71: 1 hour time limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel
Time taken to play all the songs can be proven, therefore it is allowed. Sure it may not be easy to automate with regular skill tokens, but since these are all manually tracked/recorded, it's a definite possibility.
Quote:
72: Failing out of all the classical songs is ridiculous.
It allows for saving time when you don't have to play the song all the way through. I don't see why someone would complain about saving time or think that concept is ridiculous, hehe. There's also a task involved so it's not just simply failing out of the songs. Another thing...it isn't all of the classical songs; just the first page. I have to make adjustments to this token to specify the exact songs.

Quote:
98: Low res requirement isn't really something you could do in an actual ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel
I'm not trying to duplicate FFR's official skill token system here. This is for personal tokens that allow for much more creativity and flexibility.
Thank you for the feedback and I will make the changes to two of the tokens you mentioned. There are token requirements on here that I find to be unoriginal and, well...boring, but I keep them up there because they...
1) Have easily provable requirements.
2) Have requirements that make sense and match the person making the token.
3) They fit within the guidelines.

I try not to allow for an excess of similar tokens. As the number of tokens increase, the freedom in making a token's requirements will become more strict because of ideas already being taken. If an opinion on a certain token is shared by the majority, I'll probably have some changes made. I will be checking over the tokens and the guidelines at some point to see if some adjustments are needed.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 09-14-2008 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #1769
thehunter1117
FFR Player

I guess we can all help with updates.
get more people to participate.
update token #100 and get my token idea in here!!!!!!

My Unicycle.

Psuedo Tokens.
None Yet...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #1770
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

I'd rather look over all the unlocks personally and keep track of it that way, but thanks for the offer. There is not going to be that many unlocks every two weeks unless more people get into this. I'll let you guys know if I ever need someone to take over. But really, two weeks per update isn't that bad with the current activity of this thread. (I'm sure the time between my previous updates were that or close to that, anyways.)

I felt bad that I couldn't update this as often, but I also realized that the thread had died down so much that it really didn't need to be updated as often. I wanted to let you guys know that I hadn't forgotten about this thread. I was going to give up completely on it but I figured that I wouldn't need to do that unless updates were needed very, very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
After thinking about it over the past couple days, though, I suppose I could do updates after a certain number of posts with unlocks. I should be able to update this in moderation, but don't expect an update right after you guys post. The way I see things, an update will only happen once every two weeks at best.
I figured two weeks at best because I had a number of, like...10 posts with token unlocks in my head where I would do an update. I saw those 10 posts being reached per two weeks at the least based on the monthly average from before. I guess it would be better to say that I'll update this thread every 10 posts with unlocks. Though I feel that it will be the same as updating close to every two weeks, it doesn't make it sound as bad for you guys. =P
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #1771
kjwkjw
>w<

Quote:
I guess it would be better to say that I'll update this thread every 10 posts with unlocks.
Quick, everyone, start unlocking! XD

I'll try a few more later.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #1772
thehunter1117
FFR Player

maybe If this gets more active
we can make a V3
and have like 4 people assigned to update certain tokens
you know?

My Unicycle.

Psuedo Tokens.
None Yet...
Old 09-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #1773
SpammyMcSquirrel
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SpammyMcSquirrel Send a message via MSN to SpammyMcSquirrel

Quote:
I agree. I actually have it in the rules that songs over two minutes can only be allowed for three times in a row. I just forgot to change the token to fit that rule, hehe.
I actually find the Sympathizer part of that token to not be that bad. It might be too long for the PST rules, but it's a really fun, cool song, so it doesn't feel like 3:42. And it feels a bit shorter every time because playing songs repetitively seems to do that. At least to me, it does >.>
But anyway, I'm fine with that one.
Just adding my 2 cents to this. >.>
Old 09-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #1774
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpammyMcSquirrel View Post
I actually find the Sympathizer part of that token to not be that bad. It might be too long for the PST rules, but it's a really fun, cool song, so it doesn't feel like 3:42. And it feels a bit shorter every time because playing songs repetitively seems to do that. At least to me, it does >.>
But anyway, I'm fine with that one.
Just adding my 2 cents to this. >.>
Yeah, I made it three times in a row instead of five, so you still get the similar "marathon" affect. I didn't want to take away too much away from the token creator's original intention.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #1775
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

here;s about 8 token unlocks

#15 and #79

and for #'s 42 and 69 can you look at my level ranks for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #1776
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

double post for bump =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #1777
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

lol, i haven't done this in awhile, i got a lot more to post soon.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #1778
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I was so bored:

Token 11:

Token 21:

Token 26:

Token 44:

Token 79:

Token 91:

If there's a question about the unlocks would someone let me know?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #1779
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I was working on my AAAs and remembered that this was a PST requirement.

#21.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pseudo #21.JPG (63.2 KB, 94 views)

Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD
Old 09-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #1780
Marceloyukio
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I guess I'll start trying to get these Pseudo Tokens:
Token #39 (badman7772):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 301 millions grand total on 1 day.jpg (97.9 KB, 85 views)