Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #1641
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Wow, yeah. Find a new group to raid with if people are really pulling that ****, you could be in a much better guild.

Also, I pull well over 3k dps when I'm balance, and that gear was hastily thrown together.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #1642
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Got my four set bonus after the 25 tonight. Tested it in the 10 on Ignis:

#1 DPS: Me (5299)
#2 DPS: Shaman (4263)

And supposedly I get another 100 passive DPS when I change my talents a bit. Asdf.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #1643
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I wish I could play on a server where its pre wotlk.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #1644
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

That's another thing I constantly hear people say and it's another thing that makes no sense to me.

You can still do those old dungeons. It's not like they're gone (well, with the exception of naxx40). OH NO IT'LL BE SLIGHTLY EASIER. I WON'T BE ABLE TO SMASH MY FACE INTO A WALL ENDLESSLY. WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY SUPER-INFLATED EGO NOW.

Blizzard has repeatedly said they have no intention of making vanilla / bc servers. They look toward the future and learn from the past.

All I can say is that I'm really, really glad I started playing post-BC, because Elemental Shaman were absolutely worthless during BC.

"Hey guys, what's my rotation again?"
"Use Lightning Bolt non-stop."
"Seriously? I don't need to do anything else?"
"Well, you have to drop totems..."

Sounds like a blast!

Not like I'd be raiding anyway since BC raids were too ****ing hard.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #1645
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

I like the raids being "hard" personally. It made having raiding gear an actual accomplishment instead of "oh hey you took the time to go in and hit stuff."

Oh well at least there's hard modes.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #1646
Tokzic
FFR Player

Though it looks like they might be bringing back the "raiding gear that's an actual accomplishment" thing again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz on the next raid
A more intuitive structure for harder encounters. This raid dungeon will have four different versions: 10-player, 25-player, 10-player Heroic, and 25-player Heroic, with each one using a separate lockout.
That's right, there's going to be four different loot tables for one goddamn raid. As if Ulduar wasn't insane enough. And this is also where Tier 9 is coming from.

I'm guessing there's two possible lines of reasoning to doing the four difficulties:

1) They're listening to the "getting gear is a joke" crowd, and making Tier 9 only available from Heroic difficulties which will be a large step from Uld 10 and Uld 25. This also appeases people who think fights themselves should be difficult and not just hard modes.

2) They're continuing their annoying "everybody should see all the content lol" business model, and "Heroic" really just means "you have some Uld gear", while the normal versions are for people that have a couple Naxx epics and quest blues.

I realllllly hope it's not 2.

Quote:
New epic 10- and 25-player raid dungeon with five encounters, with each encounter being unlocked one week at a time
OH BOY, SUNWELL GATES AGAIN!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #1647
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Now all they need to do is make heroic versions of all the old-world content so Van Cleef can be the level 83 he deserves to be, and make a 5-man tier of content to run alongside the 10 and 25 instead of just "You do 5 mans until you have your heroic epics, and then you can NEVER DO 5-MAN CONTENT POINTFULLY AGAIN" model they have now.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #1648
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

And right after that, Blizz makes the solution for people like Izzy:

"You have the ability to disable EXP gains."

It was supposed to be for twinks, but you can level something to 60 and halt it, then run old raids with that character. Stop one at 70 and run BC raids. Go nuts.

Patch 3.2 notes are HUGE. Other biggest change that we didn't know about: Goodbye emblems of heroism / valor. Heroic dungeons will yield Conquest. SERIOUSLY.

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/18/patch-...r-patch-notes/
Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #1649
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Patch 3.2 notes are HUGE. Other biggest change that we didn't know about: Goodbye emblems of heroism / valor. Heroic dungeons will yield Conquest. SERIOUSLY.
Yeah, I just read about that number and came rushing to this thread.

I don't know what they're thinking. Two major patches in and they already want to nullify Naxx and most of Ulduar - just run Heroics instead, and you'll have Ulduar-quality pants, belt, neck, gloves, and two pieces of Tier 8. Then you can exchange down to Valor and also get Naxx-quality bracers, cloak, boots, and ring.

All without stepping into a raid.

It's almost like they're saying "yeah, putting Naxx in the game again was a lazy decision, let's pretend it never happened".

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #1650
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
And right after that, Blizz makes the solution for people like Izzy:

"You have the ability to disable EXP gains."

It was supposed to be for twinks, but you can level something to 60 and halt it, then run old raids with that character. Stop one at 70 and run BC raids. Go nuts.

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/18/patch-...r-patch-notes/
I don't care about pve. The pvp doesn't work the same as it used to for many reasons. New talents, not enough people que, and death knights.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #1651
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Now all they need to do is make heroic versions of all the old-world content so Van Cleef can be the level 83 he deserves to be.
This.

Squeek, the reason why people offer to step out of raids is so that other people in the guild can get gear. It's polite and faster to offer your position when you really don't need anything instead of having Bert cycle through each member and deciding who to drop.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #1652
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

we got vez down but we don't raid again till sunday.

I DUN WANNA WAIT TILL SUNDAY TO WIPE ON YOGG D:
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #1653
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

We're in the same boat. Got to Yogg, but we didn't have the raid composition to get far. Only one melee DPS = bad. Sending casters into the brain room = bad, especially when one of them has skills to remove the bad things that are happening above ground.

It's BS that the encounter requires a specific balance between melee and caster. Raids shouldn't be forced to bring casters or melee.

We might try again some other time of the week if we can get our 3 melee on, but it's doubtful.

@Tokzic: Not for every spec. The gear you can buy with emblems is very, very generic. They do not have a set of gear itemized for every spec. If I were to buy all the possible Elemental Shaman gear with emblems, I'd be naked except for the two tier pieces.

Everyone in our guild is pretty excited about it, though we do feel like the experience has been cheapened somewhat. When 3.2 hits, we're going to run heroics like mad (getting the last of our achievements for Glory of the Hero along the way) and amass the rest of the Conquest we need (pretty much everyone in our guild has 40 right now). I currently have the t8 legs and hands, so being able to buy the t8.5 hat and chest would be kickass. And I wouldn't have to roll on two separate sets either. You single-gear people really have no idea how much of a blessing this is to the rest of us. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get tier twice for your two specs? Just remember how hard it was to get your tier 8 4pc and then do it again but be at the bottom of the queue as it is your offspec.

My only problem is that the t8.5 hat and chest have obscene amounts of Hit on them (+120), so I need to do some gear-swapping to accommodate.

ps - quote of the night:

Tsugo, during Mimiron: THERE'S A PHASE 4?!

Last edited by Squeek; 06-19-2009 at 06:41 AM..
Old 06-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #1654
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I honestly was about to say, "good job team, we 2-shotted him" after phase 3 until I heard on vent, "get ready for phase 4".

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #1655
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Well, as someone who has yet to get a single emblem of conquest, let me just say "That emblem change is the most retarded pile of bull**** I've ever seen"

Seriously? I'm going to get Ulduar 25 quality gear for running -NEXUS-? Good lord. I -never- begrudged the raiding-guild hardcore folks their superior gear, this is outrageous. I've heard of pandering to the lowest common denominator, but really? The way they -should- have done this was to either double the gains of heroism/valor, or give you a 10->1 and 5->1 exchange up to conquest. I'm all for throwing bones to the casual players, but this is a little too much.

Quote:
Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now also increases stamina by 10%. This effect is not cumulative with Blessing of Kings.
And solo grinding paladins are even -more- completely invulnerable than they already were.

Quote:
Exorcism: Now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can once again be used on players.
Translation: Exorcism is now -completely useless- in PvE but the PvP players can stop bitching. It was an integral part of my rotation against demons and undead (and then against everyone) but melee and cast times just don't mix. This is now either "What I use to pull a single target" or "worthless"

Quote:
Righteous Fury: No longer has a duration or mana cost, remaining until cancelled or death. Also cancelled when a Paladin activates a different talent specialization.
Now that's just a classy change. Since I have the talent (As do one hopes, all tanks) that gives this spell damage reduction as well, I keep it on all the time -anyway-

Quote:
Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal-over-time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds.
We have a HoT without Forethought Talisman! Sweet frigging deal!

Quote:
Beacon of Light: The healing amount on the Beacon of Light target is now based on the total healing done (including over-healing) instead of the effective healing done. Radius increased to 60 yards.
This is super OP and yet also super helpful. Now we actually can just heal 2 people at once.

UI changes: They've duplicated the effects of several of my addons now, which is nice. It's always good to be able to pare down the amount of addon stuff I have to deal with.

Quote:
Chef's Hat is now superior-quality and allows the chef to cook faster.
Haha, I guess not enough people felt like doing 100 days of cooking daily just to get 10 achievement points?

Quote:
Dragon's Eye gems stat bonuses increased.
Hot damn!

Quote:
Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means:

Prospecting Titanium Ore
Double hot damn!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #1656
Necamus
FFR Player

Quote:
Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Currently, any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced. Instead, any attack that would reduce the paladin to 35% health or below has its damage reduced. In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead set the paladin's health to 10/20/30% of maximum.
What.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #1657
Grandiagod
FFR Player

A paladin can die once every 2 minutes but not really die.

ttly not op

Basically blizzard wanted to give paladins another cooldown, but pressing buttons is apparently too hard for them :P
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #1658
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

They made it incredibly powerful, that's all. (Apologies if that was a "I completely understand this, and think it is absurd" what, and not a "I don't get this" what, because otherwise, the explanation here might sound a little condescending)

Previously it was a 10/20/30% damage reduction of all damage that hit you when your hp was 35% or under.

So if it was active, and the mob hit me for 1000, it would go "The monster deals 1000 damage, it lands on you and is reduced by 30% to 700, ouch you take 700"

And now if it was active, and the mob hit me for 1000 it would go "The monster -would deal- 1000 damage, but it's reduced by 30% to 700, you get dealt 700."

Mechanically, it's important because if any spells/effects/abilities cared about how much damage the mob was dealing, it was dealing 1000 even though I only took 700, now it actually just deals 700 and I take 700.

I suspect the issue is that it was stacking oddly with debuffs that increased damage taken etc.

Blocking gets a lot better, with the new version:

A 2000 damage attack comes in, is blocked, reduced by 1000 to 1000, and then my (damage taken) 30% reduction pulls it down to 700, I take 700. (Old way)

Versus a 2000 damage attack comes in, my 30% reduction (Damage dealt) pulls it down by 600 to 1400, I block, reducing it by 1000 to 400, I take 400. (New way)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #1659
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
A paladin can die once every 2 minutes but not really die.

ttly not op
Well, a protection paladin can.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #1660
Grandiagod
FFR Player

so we have this warrior in our guild named tuska.

Fish feasts are cool mirite