Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #141
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter
Default Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
Fojar -you seem really human to me, so i'll probably change it but i dont know who to yet. (changed his vote to roundbox)

Blah- because he's being way too logical and not nearly passionate or angry enough from the enraged human i know and love. (drunk posting style)

Roundbox - I'm just voting for you because you, well, voted for me.
Let's here it for super easy tests!!

k so these are the reasons afro was voted and nothing really merited a lynch, it just so happened that he got three votes. But the out of context one is blah's since fojar and roundbox voted purely as a safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer
we're in a position to make this work.
There's still risk but it's just been reassigned. Yesterday the risk was whether or not both seers had a pawn and easy fake set up for the wolf seer. Given the circumstances today the risk is decreditability but wolf seer infiltration is lower since he would have had to come out to his seer pick yesterday in order to continue his fake for today. (Course I'm not assuming the risk in losing a human anymore since fojar has already taken that risk and it is no longer in our hands to control) Since fojar has already come out, the future risks today are less than the future risks that were present yesterday. (If that makes any sense) If no one came out I would still be fairly "bull-headed" with staying secret, but today merits a different assessment of our strategies.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #142
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Also I want to hear more from shash, omega, wilkin, observer, and jurs. I've talked with some of you and not at all with others. There are a lot of opinions that can be said and whether you're saying them to people via AIM or not, get some of them on the thread.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #143
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJar
Plan, stuff, etc.
I guess that decides that much for us :/ Seems like a reasonable idea though. It becomes nearly impossible for the wolves to fake as time goes on and even if they tried, it would take a vision from each "seer" to quickly clear the situation up. So essentially the current plan puts FoJar at possible risk for wolfing while putting the two seer camps together. I like it. [/thinking aloud] Additionally, if we're a bit lucky and FoJar's seer happened to hit a kamikaze in the two visions, it would be wise to implement the plan with said kamikaze (FoJar), thusly making the deal even sweeter for us in the event the wolves think it a good idea to attack FoJar. Here's to wishful thinking.
-Bowser
Old 01-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #144
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ok I have this problem with people altering other people's quotes like stoic just did above. If you're going to change a person's quote, you should only take stuff out for conciseness reasons only. When people alter quotes it makes you look like 1) you're trying to alter what people have said and 2) you're making people think like you do.

Not everyone reads a quote like you so changing it forces everyone else to assume you read it the same way. If you want to make assumptions, quote the reference and then draw the conclusion. That let the rest of us see exactly where you're getting your ideas from.

Sorry but I think it needed to be said.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #145
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

To me it's a matter of making the post a typed written page longer than it needs to be. Anyone paying the minimal amount of attention needed to play in a TWG should certainly know to which post I'm referring and the approximate contents of said post. I will, however, agree that when the content is deceptively (sometimes read: sarcastically) changed, it pushes my buttons in the same way. I don't think that abbreviating a block of text in a fair and accurate manner is anything to huff and puff over. Would it have been any different if I'd said "FoJar in post #135"? Not to me.

Petty differences of opinion aside, we've had little commenting on anything relevant from a large number of players. I wouldn't mind that changing. Getting a little tired of playing opinion/strat tag with iggy and nforcer...
-Bowser
Old 01-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #146
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Last night before DBP put up the update:

Iggy911Mc (10:20:39 PM): so who do you think is getting the axe tonight?
nforcer06164 (10:20:49 PM): Not a clue.
Iggy911Mc (10:21:54 PM): i think it might be me
nforcer06164 (10:22:16 PM): Why do you say that?
Iggy911Mc (10:22:33 PM): because most of the talking is being done between you and i
Iggy911Mc (10:22:40 PM): and youre a wolf so youre safe XD jk
nforcer06164 (10:22:54 PM): Hahaha. Man, I didn't like your resistance.
nforcer06164 (10:23:03 PM): And honestly, a lot of people are suspicious of it.
nforcer06164 (10:23:23 PM): This isn't a private matter... only Tokzic talked to me about it in IM. It's been all over the thread.
Iggy911Mc (10:23:42 PM): you talking about the seers?
Iggy911Mc (10:24:27 PM): i was thinking towrds the end that your plan could have worked if only 1 confirmed human came out
nforcer06164 (10:24:32 PM): I think the wolves will leave you alone because you're garnering suspicion.
Iggy911Mc (10:24:35 PM): i just assumed it would only work if two came out
nforcer06164 (10:24:50 PM): I don't think it would've worked with one.
nforcer06164 (10:24:55 PM): I knew it was risky.
nforcer06164 (10:25:03 PM): But I thought it was still worth a shot.
Iggy911Mc (10:28:44 PM): meh i didnt think that stringing a human for death was worth the shot
nforcer06164 (10:29:35 PM): Still, could've been the kamikaze.
nforcer06164 (10:29:44 PM): But it's a stretch, I know.

I didn't understand his reasoning for getting wolfed, but OK.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #147
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

1) Roundbox. I think offing hom was a pretty safe move, seeing as how he's still an unknown player on FFR, in addition to the classic Day 1 evience there was on him. Not much more to say there.

3) Afro. I thought the nforcer/Iggy conversations in the thread would've been more inviting for a wolfing of one of them, if for no other reason than to put mild suspicion on the other and cause confusion with any plans up in the air. Also, he did have some random suspicion on him by the end of yesterday, perhaps another reason to take him out right afterward.

3) The list doesn't look right with only two points. Well, it doesn't.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Old 01-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #148
rioting
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
3) Afro. I thought the nforcer/Iggy conversations in the thread would've been more inviting for a wolfing of one of them, if for no other reason than to put mild suspicion on the other and cause confusion with any plans up in the air. Also, he did have some random suspicion on him by the end of yesterday, perhaps another reason to take him out right afterward.
I’m not sure where you’re coming from on that. I don’t see why they would kill someone who's at risk of being lynched (which would do their job for them). Most people thought Afro was acting pretty human and the votes on him were mostly of the “safety” type. He seemed really human (or at least non-wolf) and I think that was confirmed by him being wolfed. I can see the wolves thinking: “Gee, people think Afro’s human, so it’ll be hard to call him a wolf. Let’s eat ‘im.” I tend to agree with Iggy on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
I saw afro's accumilation of votes as such a band wagon coupled with safety votes and maybe a wolf in there trying to lynch someone human. If I had been here for the end day I may have even defended him. I would have been really mad if afro was lynched because he acted fairly human to me. Now everyone that confessed this yesterday probably contributed to his wolfing but that's a different story. After two people "safety voted" him, I knew his chances of being wolfed would go up despit him being in the running for the lynch.
FoJaR’s coming out is a good plan if we can get a larger alliance formed. He put himself at a little risk but if it leads to us joining the two seers, I think it’s worth the potential loss. Who knows, maybe he’s one of the Kamis in which case his coming out is a great plan. It seems we have sort of a hybrid of nforcer and iggy’s plans as far as building an alliance goes.

Now it’s time for JACK BAUER POWER HOUR. yaaarrr! bbl
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 AM   #149
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

alright, i think it's important that we make this clear:

everyone who is NOT GOING TO COME TO ME post saying so.

and if your seer doesnt want you to come to me, they're probably a little furry in unseen places.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 AM   #150
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
alright, i think it's important that we make this clear:

everyone who is NOT GOING TO COME TO ME post saying so.

and if your seer doesnt want you to come to me, they're probably a little furry in unseen places.
Um, won't this directly give away anyone attempting to contact you in private (as they should)? If you're asking for a list of "who's read my idea," that's different, but to ask who's going to come to you and who's not, openly, somewhat defeats the point, does it not?
-Bowser
Old 01-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #151
FoJaR
The Worst

whoops.

i mean everyone post that they're not going to come to me, even if you have, but only if you already have, not if you're planning on it... like saying "not the seer", only in this case the seer would say it too.

just a count of people who have seen my post basically.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #152
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Uh...not the seer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:13 AM   #153
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Why? If nobody contacts you, then you know that the other seer doesn't trust you or hasn't seen a green. Just be patient.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM   #154
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

All this blue abuse is massively disinteresting me, so you won't really find me having much to give about strategies and risks and whether there's a 52.8% chance of success or failure or whatever. Which is one of the reasons I've been so quiet this game.

That being said, since the seers in this game are relatively useless as far as finding wolves is concerned anyway (1/3 red results are fake), we really ought to be focusing on, y'know, other ways of finding wolves, such as suspicious posts and votes and all that jazz.

So I'm gonna throw out a vote for xObserveRx now, 'cause his vote on roundbox looked pretty wolfy and somewhat bandwagony to me...and that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #155
FoJaR
The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164 View Post
Why? If nobody contacts you, then you know that the other seer doesn't trust you or hasn't seen a green. Just be patient.
just dont want wolves playing silent until late day.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #156
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
*cough*Shash*cough*
-Bowser
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #157
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

If Iggy, Nforcer, or FoJar would like a bit of explanation I'll be sure to walk them through it on aim after classes. The rest of you...
-Bowser
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #158
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure that I can trust that or if it's the way to go... but sure, I'm not a seer or seer'd.

Hey, blah hasn't really been helpful, has he? I expect better of him.

Stoic, I'll be sure to talk to you tonight if I get some free time.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #159
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I agree with nforcer, no one should post anything about not being seer or whatever. That's a dumb jtwg strategy that crawled into this game. If you're a seer, your interest in the game is spiked and therefore you can assume that the seer has seen your post fojar. (Besides he may have to talk it over or maybe he's just waiting for the end of the day to come. He doesn't have to respond immediately.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash
1)That being said, since the seers in this game are relatively useless as far as finding wolves is concerned anyway (1/3 red results are fake), 2)we really ought to be focusing on, y'know, other ways of finding wolves, such as suspicious posts and votes and all that jazz.
1) I do not agree. While the chances are 1/3 that they are wrong, we also have twice any many chances to seer which means that trying to get these seers working in the best possible way is the best possible way to get wolves IMO.

2) This is good too, I'm not saying that all we do is blue talk and then vote because day is over. Behind the scenes I talk to people about wolf kills, player tendencies, and other things. Don't just think that because everything on the thread is blue talk that there isn't anything else being done. I just feel like asking what people thought about the kill publically distorts what people will say in an AIM convo and so some personal opinions I want (and go get) exclusively from AIM.

Course I've been lacking information I usually get because I haven't been on at RL night when most of the players are on. But in principle that's what I do on a fairly normal basis.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #160
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

If it needs to be said for the purists...

I'm not coming to you (FoJar). [/shock]
-Bowser
Closed Thread