Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #1561
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

nforcer: who cares about straps

Not even necessary. If you can't play the game without losing the grip on the remote, you probably shouldn't even be playing the game in the first place.

ps I just bought Super Paper Mario but instead of playing it I decided to come post about it first 8)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #1562
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Kinda sad because I waited so long to get SPM and now I won't get to play it until my Wii comes back.

Oh well, the same package has both Katamaris in it. I'm sure I can hold out.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #1563
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Afro, I can survive. My brother snapped one of his, though. Got angry and slammed it or something.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #1564
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Game play seems pretty good. A little slow moving at the beginning, but I think I'm through that long ass cut scene bull****.

Only thing I have to say: invisible doors are gay. I was walking around that town going "wtf where do I get a hand pixl" before I was like "hey wait let's go down to the place and check if there's a invisible door" and there was.

ps it was 50$ but I got 10% off owned
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #1565
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
ps it was 50$ but I got 10% off owned
... also known as $45 which I told you Amazon had.

But you paid tax. And there was gasoline to get there, which is way expensive these days.

I got it cheaper. I win.

Anyway, USPS says it's going to take a week to get here. The place it left from is half an hour away from here.

It's kinda like when ThinkGeek sends shirts with a week-long delivery estimate when I can literally walk to their warehouse from my campus.

ps - I'll bet you anything my wiimotes are coming back with the new straps on them.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #1566
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
... also known as $45 which I told you Amazon had.

But you paid tax. And there was gasoline to get there, which is way expensive these days.

I got it cheaper. I win.
Um...

I got mine now. You don't have yours now. I paid 2.70$ more than you and I got 3$ in gas money from my mom to drive my little sister up to the mall. So let's see here... 30 cents. Is 30 cents enough to cover about 7 miles total? Who cares? I HAVE IT NOW MWAHAHAHA.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #1567
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I wouldn't be able to play it anyway. Wii is boxed up and will soon be on its way to Washington.

Bad timing on my part though.

Edit: Since I know Afro's tastes: http://kotaku.com/gaming/spiderman-3...ler-254713.php

Last edited by Squeek; 04-24-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #1568
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I don't know if I need another Spider-man game. I mean, it looks great and all, but I haven't even finished Ultimate Spider-man that I got months ago. I got stuck on one mission and put it down for a few days planning to clear that mission later and I still haven't even bothered trying in months.

I don't know... maybe something new is just what I need... Hopefully there'll be some way of getting costumes that aren't the crappy movie costumes.

ps Bruce Campbell? He did the voice overs for the other Spider-man movie games I think.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #1569
jamuko
FFR Player

nforcer, I ordered my free straps online pretty much right when it was announced, and I got them. I don't recall how long it took, though.

Yeah, I know I don't NEED the straps, and to be honest I haven't even put any on yet. But come on, free strap replacements!
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #1570
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

ps SPM arrived.

Unpacked the console. Playing it already.

Already great fun.

Edit: Ugh. Got the third heart (yellow) and unlocked the Pit of 100 Trials. I loved this part in Thousand Year Door, so I ventured in.

Got ten floors down. Then twenty. Thirty. Forty. Fifty. Sixty.

61 is a jerk. Wow. Lost an hour or so of gameplay because there's no saving during that and you can only leave on the tens. If I'd have known 61 was gonna be so hard, I'd have quit at 60 since I was getting cards for Pixls I didn't even have yet.

PS anyone know what those Pixl cards do?

Last edited by Squeek; 04-25-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #1571
ndthatsme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ndthatsme

You should know from the last Paper Mario that your most likely not going to beat the Pit of 100 Trials until later towards the end of the game.

Also, the article I was talking about was written exactly as the following, so hopefully theres no confusion. cough cough squeak

NINTEND NIXES ONLINE FOR 07
Recently the president of SNK revealed that Nintendo is restricting companies from adding online functionality to their Wii games - whether on the Virtual Console or regular retail titles - until after 2007. Nintendo itself has only one online title announced, and that is Pokemon Battle Revolution.
-GAME INFORMER, Issue 169, Page 28
Old 04-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #1572
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Meh. Whatever. Could just be making sure they get the servers up and running before the games hit the market.

In better news: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/27/xe...ht-by-nintendo

Nintendo buys Monolith Soft. A glorious day for RPG fans around the world.

Edit: Target is allegedly selling Wiis this Sunday. A lot. Anyone who's still looking, you might want to give it a shot.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/excl...day-256090.php

Edit 2: Apparently you all missed out because nobody bumped the thread. Oh well.

The repair order required me to write a problem description. They have one line for you to write the whole thing. So what do I do?

Quote:
Problem Description:

1) The console will occasionally lag and sputter while switching between menu screens, and the disc drive will make loud clicking noises whenever this happens.

2) The console will frequently lock up or lag for extended periods of time immediately following a System Update. Occasionally, I will be forced to hard-reset the console.

3) A somewhat minor issue, but I’ve had one or two instances of Wii Sports freezing during gameplay. This did not occur after a long gaming session. It is quite random and very hard to replicate.

4) While starting the game WarioWare Smooth Moves, it may take the console anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to finally load the splash screen with the controller strap warning. This is beginning to happen less often, but the first few plays were incredibly severe. This problem did not occur on a friend’s console. However, it was only tested twice on that system.

5) In a much more severe problem, the Konami game Elebits freezes after a “saving data” splash screen every time. After that splash screen, the disc continues to spin at the same rate until the console is hard-powered down. The controller is unresponsive but remains powered. It worked normally for roughly 50 hours of gameplay prior to this incident. This is the only one of my eight Wii discs that has this problem and it has no surface flaws. The game does not freeze in a friend’s console after similar play times.

6) The Wii Remotes I’ve included in the repair order have their own issues as well.

a) One Wii Remote (I believe it is the one I purchased separately from the console) has had the “B” button come loose. I initially thought the rattling was coming from the battery cover, but upon holding that down, it’s clear that the source of the rattling is the loose “B” button. It does not affect gameplay from what I can tell, but I figured I might as well send it in while I’m doing a repair order for the console.

b) The other Wii Remote has a very obscure problem. Occasionally, some games will cause the remote to “over-rumble”. It’s a very hard problem to describe unless you can tell the difference between what the rumble used to be, and what it is now. The rumble is very intense and seems as if it’s shaking some of the internal componentry too much. The game I’ve noted that causes this to happen the most often is Atlus’s game Trauma Center: Second Opinion, but this is not the only game that causes this problem. I can tell there’s a large difference based on the rumble output between both of the controllers as I’ve played that game in particular for quite a long time.

Sorry that I’ve turned a one-line description into a page-long essay, but I thought it was necessary to avoid a future repair order.
I write all of that instead and attach it to the back.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-29-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Old 04-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #1573
jkdanahy
FFR Player

wait...am i the only one here who actually OWNS a wii ITS AWESOMEi atually sweated playing some of these games OMG to anyone who said it looked like a CD burner WHO CARES its the gameplay that counts...legend of zelda twilight princess is one of the best games, along with warioware smooth moves, super paper mario, and even WII sports which COMES with the wii and look on the brightside play this for an hour a day and theres no need for excercising. you can use the internet. that last part didnt sound so good, well... think about youtube videos, if you go fullsize its like watching them on TV. long story short BUY THE WII!!!!!!!!
jkdanahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #1574
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Did... did you read the thread? At all?

About sixty of us own the thing. About a dozen or so, including myself, got it on launch day last year.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #1575
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

That post made my brain explode
Old 05-1-2007, 12:21 AM   #1576
Bewulf
FFR Player

I gotz mi wii! About a month ago
Old 05-3-2007, 07:58 PM   #1577
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

Whoops.. I actually did get a Wii.. today. Fancy that. No games though.
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2007, 08:13 PM   #1578
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzya View Post
Whoops.. I actually did get a Wii.. today. Fancy that. No games though.
Finally.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2007, 02:31 PM   #1579
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164 View Post
Wii Music Suite v1.0 is rar'd and ready! But I'm too tired to upload it! And I don't know shox's FTP info! Guess you'll have to wait!

Sorry for the suspense. But at least you know it'll be here very, very soon.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZAZDO913

Temporary link until I get in contact with shox. Enjoy =)

EDIT2: DIRECT LINK

http://www.hailaeros.com/Wii%20Music%20Suite%20v1.0.rar

Right-click and save as, please.
Quoted for importance.

banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2007, 09:38 PM   #1580
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Resident Evil 4 for Wii (with updated controls, of course) has been priced. $29.99.

I'd get it if I didn't already own the $7 Gamecube game.