Its:
Harmonyyyyy
Old 06-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #15702
Afrombean
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
He's a really high level. My 9x priest has a little over 100 mil. I haven't touched it in forever though ... Afro, give me your IGN and if I ever log in again and see you online, I'll give you my mesos/equips.
Considering that I don't know you, no thanks. Those mesos could easily have come from anything...

Also: I was joking. While I wouldn't mind upgrading my shield, weapon, and gloves, it wouldn't do a thing for me-- I already 2hk Skele 100%, and even with the best of the best equipment, I'm still far from 1hk.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #15703
Tophius
Flame Cat
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
You bought that account for $2000? or did you buy everything in the shop over and over?
No, I bought $2000 of NX. I trained the account legitly to level 112, I used $30 on Gachapon every two days when it was released. Then I bought the clothes, the pets, the gear for the pets, the super megaphones, the safety charms, the VIP teleport rocks... you name it, I had it.

I have all of the empty 1-time-use credit cards and the NX Game cards sitting in my closet, and the pile is HUGE.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #15704
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophius View Post
No, I bought $2000 of NX. I trained the account legitly to level 112, I used $30 on Gachapon every two days when it was released. Then I bought the clothes, the pets, the gear for the pets, the super megaphones, the safety charms, the VIP teleport rocks... you name it, I had it.

I have all of the empty 1-time-use credit cards and the NX Game cards sitting in my closet, and the pile is HUGE.
Why would you spend that much on MapleStory?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #15705
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Not meaning to interrupt, but the same reason people play games. To get the full experience. Some people just have no true monetary limit, and when looked upon by others it seems ridiculous at what bounds people reach.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:53 AM   #15706
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Why do people spend thousands on vehicles? A car with good hardware will get you from A to B just as well without big fatty rims and a bomb dog daddy paint job.

Why do people spend hundreds on sports equipment? You can just as easily play a game of baseball with any old bat and baseball.

Why do people spend thousands on a home entertainment system? You can just as easily watch a DVD on a 15 inch mono TV as you can a bluray on a 48 inch 5.1 dolby digital surround.

Questioning what people do with their money is just about the ****tiest thing you can do. It's their money, they can do what they want with it, just like you can do what you want with yours. Leisure activities are for fun, people spend money on them because they consider it worth it.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #15707
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's a bit of a different argument when people spend money on free things.

You can't get a car for free. You can't get sports equipment for free. You can't get home entertainment systems for free. That is, of course, you're lucky and win it in some raffle or something.

But it's pretty obvious why people spend money on a free game; the illusion of disposable income and the peer pressure to dispose of it. All the normal clothes in Maple look stupid and all the Cash clothes look awesome. Everyone's wearing Cash clothes. What would the average person do.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #15708
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Nothing in MapleStory is free. The only part about it is that there is no subscription fee like is expected of many other online games. But nothing is free, and MapleStory being "free to play" is not any exception.

And no, it's not about peer pressure bullcrap. Dispensable income, yeah, but that can be said of literally any non-essential product on the market right now.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #15709
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrombean View Post
Considering that I don't know you, no thanks. Those mesos could easily have come from anything...

Also: I was joking. While I wouldn't mind upgrading my shield, weapon, and gloves, it wouldn't do a thing for me-- I already 2hk Skele 100%, and even with the best of the best equipment, I'm still far from 1hk.
Ah okay ... that's understandable. I can understand the "not knowing me" part, but rest assured that those mesos are an accumulation of savings over quite a long period of time. In case it isn't clear, I don't hack, if that's what you were implying. But anyway, I probably don't want to download the almost 1 GB file again ... >.>
Old 06-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #15710
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I used to make 100-120m a week doing Zakum.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #15711
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

What's the meso cap?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #15712
MasterOfTheTaco
deer god
FFR Veteran

I stopped playing Maple a long time ago since it was incredibly addicting and I couldn't stop playing. Thankfully, my computer thought it was a virus and didn't let me load it! That's when I stole my life back from the evil MapleStory Gods. lol. It was ok while it lasted. I only got to lvl 34 though.

Last edited by MasterOfTheTaco; 06-20-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #15713
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I never got to do a Zakum run. ;_;
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #15714
IAAW
FFR Player

Meh, downloaded this game again so I could play it for a while. Stupid game won't let the log-in screen load. Stupid computer. -.-

I'm also checking to see if the 6,000 NX I got on Sugar Rush (heh, closed beta testing rules.) will also be usable on MapleStory (I already checked Audition, so GTFO if you recommend that. -.-).
Old 06-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #15715
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
I used to make 100-120m a week doing Zakum.
Past tense means you don't play anymore?

O_O!?
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 06-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #15716
IAAW
FFR Player

Alright, got MS working for me properly, so I'm getting ready to play. But first, I'm scanning for SPYWARE!

PS: Using Spybot. Everyone knows Spybot. O_o
PSS: I really need to get rid of SpywareDestructor, I don't even know why it's there. -.-
Old 06-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #15717
yk13
FFR Player

maple story detected
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #15718
OniSpltter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OniSpltter

Hey guys. Long time no see eh? How have things been holding up?

As I'm sure you all know I haven't played MS in quite a few months now and I have been and still am very busy with things right now (beginning college in August, flying to California in July to compete in calculus, etc.) and I really haven't had time.

On top of that, I don't feel like I will ever have the time or will be willing to spend it on Maple anymore so I just wanted to know if the guild would have any use for Oni? I don't remember all of the specifics but I know that it doesn't have much money (at all) on it, but I guess it has a few decent equips and whatnot. I don't know if you guys GPQ or anything anymore but I'd assume you can't really go wrong with a free bishop hmm? O-o;

Anyways, just let me know and have fun!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #15719
DDRpeanut
FFR Player

I <3 OniSpltter. :'(
Old 06-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #15720
Tophius
Flame Cat
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Because I had an addiction. I was addicted to the rush I got when the blue aura surrounded my character when I leveled up. I was addicted to the warm feeling of being accepted in a world beyond my own. NX gear got me those feelings. The clothes that made everyone stop and stare at me walking by, the 2X cards to get me the level-ups that I desired for... then I realized that I didn't need all of that to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Not meaning to interrupt, but the same reason people play games. To get the full experience. Some people just have no true monetary limit, and when looked upon by others it seems ridiculous at what bounds people reach.

Quote:
Questioning what people do with their money is just about the ****tiest thing you can do. It's their money, they can do what they want with it, just like you can do what you want with yours. Leisure activities are for fun, people spend money on them because they consider it worth it.
Linked with what I said above, I thought that it was all worth it in the end, so I just kept buying and buying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post

But it's pretty obvious why people spend money on a free game; the illusion of disposable income and the peer pressure to dispose of it. All the normal clothes in Maple look stupid and all the Cash clothes look awesome. Everyone's wearing Cash clothes. What would the average person do.
These days, EVERYONE has NX gear. It's not rare to go into a major city, and see nearly 80% of the people wearing/owning something from the Cash Shop (exclusing some Victoria Island cities, excluding Henesys).

Quote:
Nothing in MapleStory is free. The only part about it is that there is no subscription fee like is expected of many other online games. But nothing is free, and MapleStory being "free to play" is not any exception.

And no, it's not about peer pressure bullcrap. Dispensable income, yeah, but that can be said of literally any non-essential product on the market right now.
That's how Nexon/Wizet made all of its money. They make a F2P MMORPG for CHILDREN, then they dangle tons of awesome features in their faces. Of course they're going to want it- then they can be a better player.

About the peer pressure, it is true. I remember when I was around level 50 on my deleted Dragon Knight(right after LPQ, still NXless), I looked at the people who had NX and I told myself, "I wish I could get the same stuff as they have, so I can be cool and popular as well!" Next thing I know, I was pressuring my dad to buy me NX Cash so I could be like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
What's the meso cap?
The meso/EXP cap is at 2,147,483,648... or 2^31

What I mean by EXP cap is that the amount of EXP needed to get from level 199-200 is 2^31.
Closed Thread