Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #1501
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

dam I didn't close the bold

well you see what I mean
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #1502
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i'm a little wary of benguin because his vote reason reads to me like a "me too" to AA's iso of charu, but AA hadn't voted for charu by that point

mashi had, but more as a prod, and his reasoning hadn't escalated by the time of ben's vote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #1503
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I won't be here for eod btw, Am attending to gf things

i don't plan on changing My vote, so if you're town tokzic, better do A good job defending yourself to mml and anyone else suspicious of your eod. You really need it.

Ah, to address me, i might get lynched at this rate since sunsfan, gradiant, and xiz seem wary of me (mostly town leans, null on xiz). i will try to reread around ~8:30 sever time and defend myself if it goes to the shitter

k cya
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #1504
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
then what is it for? is it addressed by the following sentence?
I dunno, couldn't uh, focus.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #1505
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
the irony here is amazing
I know, you write like a post that took two or more hours, there's bound to be at least one.

I'm salty that I missed that one now.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #1506
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post

@sunfan (1423) what makes that trying too hard?
Looks to me a teeny bit like he's trying to make it look like he cares about the quality of the EOD, without actually caring about it. Either way, looking back its a very Xiz-like post for how he's been playing this game, so I don't care too much about it anymore, but I hope I explained why I cared about it at the time

Quote:
@sunfan (1429) The "repercussions of the wagons" can be rephrased as "What kind of reads can be garnered if <x> is lynched and turns green?"
Or even turns red, or sk. Basically "what new do we know based on who voted for who"
Really weirdly worded and I don't understand why you care about that before seeing the flip, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote:
@sunfan (1445) What is "WIM?" And can you remind me (like a short summary or a few highlight posts) what makes you think MML is strong town? nvm covered in 1447
It seemed to me like you weren't really so strong on me being wolf or anything at all really, until just recently. Was it specifically that post about the repercussions that pushed my name off of the town/null cliff?
I really doubt I die here (AA FLASHBACKS INTENSIFY) but I support my vote on Charu even if he ended up town. Maybe my most recent posts on my thinking will convince you.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see yoshl as strong antitown. Is you not understanding his play partially due to the "outsiders perspective"? And what exactly the difference between town and outsider perspective posts are supposed to be?
WIM stands for "Want-it-More." It basically describes how much someone wants to win the game (WIL is its counterpart, Zenith's self-admitted laziness is an example of WIL). Generally, its a more humanish trait, humans are more willing to construct larger posts and comb the thread for information, and it seems like Xel actually cares about his posts this game.

I had you as a wolf lean yesterday, decided to move you back towards null, but you've like, not interacted how I would expect you to this game. You've not really been making independent reads, just kind of catching up asking questions. Its not really a recent thing, though its become stronger as of late. Supporting your vote on a dead town is good btw, seems like you're not worried about being wrong, which is an important trait in TWG so good on you for that one.

I kind of often have a hard time townreading Yoshl. Generally, I can understand his pushes though, and I just don't understand his push on Backpack previous EOD, not in the mindset of Yoshl, but in the mindset of anyone. He kind of pulled a really awkward 180 on him that I don't really understand, if I had to pick it would be that he didn't want to keep fighting with a town as scum, especially Backpack because Backpack is likely to come across as town in that scenario.

I feel like Yoshl is making thoughts that a player who is reading the game but not in the game might be making, if that makes sense. The post he made about wolves are unlikely to be in the people who were hard pushing on Charu or AA just kind of rang empty to me.

Quote:
@sunfan (1447) what aspect of the VT claim were "believable?"
I'm not sketched by a "vigi" focus, but rather for ignorance of the number of wolves/lack of setup knowledge. It seems like a possible constructed lie to post.
Wolves rarely claim VT in that specific way... its kind of hard for me to explain as I've said before. New players kind of don't realize that, unless prompted or under threat of death, claiming VT is a pretty bad move for a townie to make, but they generally only do this when they're town.

When AA first started playing, as I mentioned earlier, I was able to read him this way.

The first few games that he was in, he was town in all of them, and it really showed. He would claim that he was "just Vanilla Town" or something like that when either asked what his alignment was, or just kind of off-the-cuff at certain times.

The first time he rolled wolf, because he was unaware of the fact that I had that tell on him, when I asked him what his alignment was and he replied "Town" instead of "I rolled Vanilla Town again," I correctly called him out (town dunked on the wolves that game btw).

its the kind of thing that newer players don't realize they do, and I have a hard time accepting that MML did this as an orchestrated play as a wolf.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #1507
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

@Wineandbread
Miscellaneous, but how come you're using Notepad and not quotes???

Regarding the "contradiction" in my view of the game, that's just how it's evolved. I was suspicious of Charu last Phase and it turned out that I was wrong on him, so evidently I'm going to adjust to rectify that.

As far as sunfan coming off as noncommital, it's mostly just the tone and ambiance he's set around himself. He's been gone a lot of the time, but bursting in for relatively shorter periods of time with a lot of insight and posts, as if to make up for his lack of commitment. I'm definitely not saying he's not trying, but I think there's some lack of drive somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Lovers is just a joke in this sense, but Lovers is an actual role in the Mafia World so it just pleases the joke

Mashi's a generally hard-to-read player, but right now he's putting his standard work in except I'm a little shocked to not see a huge post from him. He likes big posts, and he's one of the few who pulls it off in a really good way that leads to more accurate reads.

He's definitely town lean aorn
I've been meaning to give the thread a solid read through, but I've been much busier than expected.
I'm usually coming home at 7PM EST the earliest and then I usually have to eat since I'm tired. Admittedly, I don't feel like I'm giving the game my all right now, but I'm hoping I'll motivate myself as the game progresses, presuming I survive long enough. I feel like endgame is my strongest as far as deductions go (mostly because there's fewer people lol).

Anyway, I'm here again now. Going to ISO through the inactive posters and see if I find anything of note.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #1508
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Is the bolded a subtle call on Xiz as your prime SK suspect?
I guess I believed bulletproof to be better than strongman/ninja kills. If I were SK (CONDEMNING INTENSIFIES), I wouldn't gamble on being rando-shot cause then you're just straight-up dead.
If you have bulletproof and wolves proc it, they may not necessarily have to kill you right away. If the game is early on, I would think the wolves want to keep you alive to thin the herd. If the wolves are confident in their play, I see why the wolves would want him dead right away though.
Firstly, no, I have no SK suspects and I think its unlikely I will unless all the wolves die first. Frankly, I'm hoping that I die before town has to find the SK, or the SK dies before town has to try and find them, because (and this is a very recent revelation to me), fuck trying to find Serial Killers, its actually next to impossible if they're anywhere near decent. The part about Xiz was a reference to a previous game, don't worry about that.

Quote:
I don't think getting blocked is the end of the world, because the kill statements don't give any indication who killed who. You can be roleblocked on either side. Now that I think about it though, roleblocked gives a lot of information so I guess you'd still end up fucked. Just my newbie logic, I guess, but that was why I called you out on your logic. It helps, thanks.
So, the thing with the SK, you don't want to be left alive by the wolves on purpose to be killed at a later date, because you still lose the game, right? That's pretty much all the vest does imo. If you choose strongman, you can't be roleblocked by the way, or that is at least my interpretation and experience with the role. But if you choose bulletproof, yeah, being roleblocked pretty much can fuck you in certain spots.

Quote:
Reasons behind the kills mostly, see my previous posts
ok

Quote:
My vote on Charu was mostly emotion-based, and it seems like people don't like that I did that, so I just wanted to see what made your case different.
ok

Quote:
Maybe you should look into the games where he did fool you?
Not caring about meta anymore this game, or at least for right now. I kind of want to anyway though, not gonna lie.

Quote:
I prefer to discuss what happened in the game but:

No I don't expect him to be tilted. I don't know Charu as well as some of you do, but I don't remember seeing it before. Struck me as different and weird.
fwiw Charu can get pretty tilted as town, I guess you know that now, but he's been planet Neptune before as an example.

Quote:
My analysis looked right in my own eyes, that's all I can really say about Charu. I expected him to keep a level head and brush it off and not take it personally, and he clinged to it. It looked more right than any of the other wagons to me. But feel free to keep bombarding me, I'm practically just listening to TI at this point
I feel like there had to be a wolf that voted for Charu (at least one) and you're my most likely suspect, p much. Talk to me about other people who voted for Charu (who had their vote on Charu at EOD and not on anyone else), just like 2 sentences about each one.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #1509
thesunfan
Role Tide

gonna drive to a friends, when I get there I will shun him, his cats and Pete until EOD has passed

lets get some clear wagons, ok?

I've got mixed feelings about W&B now, so this is kind of just to see how it feels but

Zenith
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #1510
thesunfan
Role Tide

ok I'm shunning Bill and Pete but its impossible to shun his cats I'm sorry guys I lied

so

lets talk about Zenith

I think he's a wolf because he's not invested in the game

that's basically my case

his votes at EOD yesterday don't really matter one way or another I don't think people should be focusing on that, but Zenith has admitted to being lazy

@mashi fwiw there's not a lack of drive, its just been a lack of time, I've been doing other things for the most part this game (some of it is civ 5 but most of it has been irl stuff, probably going to be this case for the next few games I play in)
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #1511
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i'm not opposed to zenith being a wagon but i wanna sit on Yoshiisland
Old 08-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #1512
thesunfan
Role Tide

oh, I also don't really care one way or another about what Red Blaster had posted, I don't think any of that really matters either.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #1513
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
ok I'm shunning Bill and Pete but its impossible to shun his cats I'm sorry guys I lied
oh for pete's sake
Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #1514
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
i'm not opposed to zenith being a wagon but i wanna sit on Yoshiisland
Talk to me about why I'm going to ask some stupid questions regardless of your response that you've probably already answered but I want to interact with you in real time
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #1515
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Talk to me about why then I'm going to ask some stupid questions regardless of your response that you've probably already answered but I want to interact with you in real time
^^
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #1516
thesunfan
Role Tide

Zenith's ISO is also pretty lackluster, which I'm surprised I didn't really pick up on before
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #1517
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Talk to me about why I'm going to ask some stupid questions regardless of your response that you've probably already answered but I want to interact with you in real time
parked prod, he's the one i'm most confused by and i'm hoping he can explain what his posts mean
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #1518
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Zenith's ISO is also pretty lackluster, which I'm surprised I didn't really pick up on before
eod and today didn't even really seem to change much for him

like even though he says he's lazy, whatever posts he picked to read didn't push him much of anywhere
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #1519
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

why can't you play with the cats though, do you not like cats?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #1520
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
parked prod, he's the one i'm most confused by and i'm hoping he can explain what his posts mean
what if he doesn't show up?

he posted about being overwhelmed by how much reading there is in this game, he wasn't used to that I think, how does that factor in?

how well do you know Yoshl?

how long have you been lurking on FFRTWG?

why are you focusing on quieter players?

what does your name mean?

how do you feel about W&B?
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread