Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #1381
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

I thought it acted as if you were really fishing.

Go outside and fish.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #1382
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
I thought it acted as if you were really fishing.

Go outside and fish.
Yeah, and Wii sports acts as though you're really doing the sport.

It's really not the same though. It can never be exactly the same.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #1383
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
cC@Zz, I'm one of those people who refuses to use guides for RPGs. I feel it's completely unnecassary and defeats the purpose of any type of challenge a game might present. I can stand that hour. I'm a patient man you know. =]

~Tsugomaru
Well basic stuff like fishing I wouldn't look at a guide for unless for some reason it was really difficult to figure out. Still I don't know how it took so long to figure out how to fish.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #1384
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

There, beat Zelda. If you add the fight at the end, I 100%d it in exactly 50 hours. Good times.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #1385
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I know someone mentioned this game to me before, but it's coming out really soon now so might as well mention it again.

Kororinpa: Marble Mania. Launch title in Japan. Comes out on the 23rd in Australia and the 1st of March in England (WHY ARE THEY GETTING IT FIRST ><). Comes out here sometime in March.

From IGN:

Quote:
First off, players will need to take heed that Kororinpa is not some basic Monkey Ball rip-off, and thus you'll be in for a different experience (both a good and bad thing) if you decide to import. Sure both games deal with rolling, bouncing, item-grabbing, and random tomfoolery, but the two fall at opposite ends of the spectrum. Monkey Ball has always sat on the boarder of arcade maze navigation and casual party game, having a main mode that starts with basic tilt navigation and progresses into some of the most insane challenges out there. At the same time, players can also have up to three friends join in on the action and enjoy party games, vs. competitions, or hot-seat arcade bouts. In Kororinpa, you're getting a single player game with a basic two player mode added on. Players will create a file, select a marble to use, and start ripping through maze after maze, collecting a number of required gems to open up the level's exit.

When dealing with the specifics of the in-game levels, Kororinpa is also a bit of a different beast than its SEGA competition. Kororinpa allows players to have full control over the playfield, so rather than simply tilting the level to speed up the ball's roll or change direction, you'll find yourself actually flipping the controller upside-down, twisting it end over end, or rolling it slowly from side to side in your hands. If you want to flip the ground out from under your ball and send it dropping into the nothingness below, you've got that option. Since so much of the game deals with manipulating the world around the ball (rather than rolling the ball over a singe plane), the over-the-head view Kororinpa utilizes seems to be the only way to go about making the game work. You lose a bit of the personal feel, as you sit much farther away from the action, but you have a better overall grasp of the world around you.
Looks like a solid game for $20-$30.

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQrtuPWW_s
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #1386
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Let me tell you something.

Wifi can be a ****ing ****er ****sake **** **** **** ****er.

This is all.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #1387
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Seth, are you having trouble with your Wi-Fi? Send me a PM.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #1388
SethSquall
FFR Player

Have it sorted now dude. I don't know how long it will last though as it on and off all the time. I'll PM when it next drives me mad. Thanks in advance!

PS. Sent people a picture of my skill level in boxing hehe. It's like 3004 or something. If I lose one match I lose 300 odd skill points. If I dont win via knockout in the first round I don't get more than 3 odd points lol. If I do, I get 5. Awesome.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #1389
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

rofl that's so ridiculous

I hate that about it though. I stomped the opposing team in a game of baseball but ended up losing like 3 points or something. It sucked.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #1390
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I barely broke 1,000 in Boxing and I'm losing ranks for winning fights already.

Boxing is probably my least favorite event because it's so freakin' hard to land a punch. The punches always go off to the sides and anytime you actually manage to make it go in, they dodge or block or something and come back and hit you once for like 8 bars of health and bam you're dead.

I'm over 2,000 in bowling though. I have to get like 220 or better to get any points.

ps afro - in the baseball game that brought me to pro status, I beat the opposing team 9-0. Not only did they not score, not a single batter got on base.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #1391
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I barely broke 1,000 in Boxing and I'm losing ranks for winning fights already.

Boxing is probably my least favorite event because it's so freakin' hard to land a punch. The punches always go off to the sides and anytime you actually manage to make it go in, they dodge or block or something and come back and hit you once for like 8 bars of health and bam you're dead.
I forgot to mention that If I (or you by now I think) get knocked out once and still win the fight I (or you) lose points. If get to round three or have to be judged I lose points. Also If I lose more than half my health I won't gain any points. Usually I dodge and land a three hit to the face. That takes off over half of there health. Sometimes I've taken off three quarters and knocked out people with one deadly hook to the temple. It's like the knock out button or something.

I also HATE fighting this one black guy. All he ever does is Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook Hook. It's annoying.

Baseball I'm only like 1300 odd. I'm up against this underarm pitcher and she does my head in.

Last edited by SethSquall; 02-19-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #1392
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The first Wii Shmup has been confirmed and is to be released next month.

"Radio Allergy" is the title. It's a gamecube game, but they're trying to push it onto Wii owners.

$20 on Amazon for a pre-order.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #1393
SethSquall
FFR Player

What's a Wii Shmup? lol
Old 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #1394
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

shoot em up
purplepopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #1395
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Finally got pro in all the sports.

Beat TP.

Now I have no wii games to play
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #1396
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

How can you get pro in golf? It's so hard.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #1397
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Keep doing the whole 9-hole course.

I average -2 in 9-hole. My best is -4.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #1398
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I never play Boxing. I have a ranking of 500 before I stopped. =[ It's just too much work and too boring to play. It's not even worth playing multiplayer because that's boring as well.

Every other sport is fine.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #1399
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

If we are still bashing other consols, then let's go.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6181

Quote:
Nintendo’s Wii continues to sell at a torrid place, outselling the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 during January. Market research firm NPD Group reports that consumers bought 436,000 Wii, while Xbox 360 sold 294,000 units, followed by PlayStation 3 with 244,000.

Nintendo is crediting much of its success to the broad appeal of Wii compared to machines from Microsoft and Sony. “I do think that we're selling to additional and different customers,” said Perrin Kaplan, VP marketing for Nintendo. “We've had an incredibly healthy start and we think there's going to be a pretty long tail on this product.”

Each console experienced a drop in sales when compared with figures from December 2006. The Wii saw the least decline when compared to its previous month at 604,200, while Xbox 360 saw the biggest decline from its 1.1 million units sold. PlayStation 3 also fell from its 490,700 sold during December.

The PlayStation 2 continues to be a strong seller, likely because of its price point, with 299,000 units—but down from the amazing 1.4 million during the holiday month. The Nintendo DS also loosened its grip, selling 239,000 during January—a steep drop from the 1.6 million during the gift-giving season. PSP also fell to 211,000 from 953,200.
I find it interesting that the PS2 is outselling the PS3. It's a mystery. Nah, it isn't.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #1400
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
I never play Boxing. I have a ranking of 500 before I stopped. =[ It's just too much work and too boring to play. It's not even worth playing multiplayer because that's boring as well.

Every other sport is fine.

~Tsugomaru
I find boxing to be pretty fun. Not the best of all the sports but still good. My least favorite is Tennis.