Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #121
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: A new beginning for our SM community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
less touhou plz lol
Fiiiiiiiiine.

I'll step vocaloid instea- *shot*
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #122
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Tera, why do you post, then delete your post?

Moch, this idea is interesting. And my tier points idea is based on Xiao's system for solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #123
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

maybe this will get me into SM more like when FFR was down
Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #124
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I'd be in this for sure.

Maybe if you were to make a new community, make it similar to r21freak with prolific simfile artists boards for people to download simfiles individually (BRINGING SINGLE RELEASES BACK INTO STYLE YEE) and encourage them to make full difficulties for everyone to enjoy. Would bring lots more people in methinks.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #125
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Anything modifiers related is in my ally (along with Halogen, no one else really understands mods like we do).

P.s. Still into doing courses and still working on another course guide. Maybe I can force this new community into reading it. Haha
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #126
Shikari
FFR Player

Yeah, multi-charted files would be great to attract from newcomers to experienced players. And, speaking of this, we could encourage collaborations between new and old stepauthors to make these files, making the job easier for everyone. One example for this kind of collaboration would be a collab between ddr_f4n, responsible for easy charts (like he said he'd do); Patashu, making technical, fun, mid-difficulty charts, and maybe IcyWorld, responsible for making hard, overstepped, yet fun files.

And about this single releases idea, maybe a subforum, with threads for each stepauthors, to encourage fast simfile production, so they can practice their stepping skills.

Yeah, good ideas, Chris, good ideas.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
P.s. Still into doing courses and still working on another course guide. Maybe I can force this new community into reading it. Haha
Nice, man. You could teach other stepartists to use mods, like I mentioned before. And, hnoestly, I'd learn it for sure.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #127
DJMAYYYNE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJMAYYYNE

What I would want for this is to bring back the old school style on the simfiles. I've heard from most people in my time on SMO that the new DCP, LCP and Xoon etc. files are boring. Their fun factor is overruled by how technical they are, making most new SM players get bored of playing because ALL new packs are coming out the same. This is the reason why OD has been successful, people love to play them better than the newer general SM community packs because their fun factor is higher than the technical which makes it boring. You can never go wrong with the old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
I just temp banned yaboy 5 minutes ago for starting a thread titled penis. Will it make me hate him? No. Should he have done it on a forum where 12 year old female vocaloid fans are browsing? hell no. I don't care if he's cool with me, I would've banned any other person. I know him enough to know he posted it purposefully. It wasn't an accident.
hehehe, I was bored and tbh, most 12 year olds in general know what a penis is and pretty much use the word like everyday anyways lol

I want to contribute, I'm willing to help. I was on SMO in translations for Spanish players (of course I was dropped but will not get into details), maybe I could help out in translating here too.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #128
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Penis was not in my daily vocabulary when I was 12. Although sex isn't in my daily vocabulary when I'm 20 so whatever
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #129
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMAYYYNE View Post
What I would want for this is to bring back the old school style on the simfiles. I've heard from most people in my time on SMO that the new DCP, LCP and Xoon etc. files are boring. Their fun factor is overruled by how technical they are, making most new SM players get bored of playing because ALL new packs are coming out the same. This is the reason why OD has been successful, people love to play them better than the newer general SM community packs because their fun factor is higher than the technical which makes it boring. You can never go wrong with the old school
Exactly what 4357435987 people (and myself) agree with
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #130
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
Exactly what 4357435987 people (and myself) agree with
yep

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #131
Shikari
FFR Player

But who could we bring from the old school? I mean, we have dAnceguy117 posting and willing to help, and his Scythe of 13, from F4, is better than Xander's version for FFR, he would be a good author to bring. but what about Arch, Zagh, Reach, Blurk? Could we bring them back to work the actual generation of stepartists?

ps: I agree with Yaboy. Nowadays, fun factor has been forgotten because of technique.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #132
DJMAYYYNE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DJMAYYYNE

I just think it's a good way to keep the community alive as well. The more fun the files are, the more people want to play and stick around, making the community flourish.

Last edited by DJMAYYYNE; 04-29-2011 at 01:57 PM..
DJMAYYYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #133
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

I think Zagh has said that he isn't finished making solo files. Don't quote me on this.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #134
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
I mean, we have dAnceguy117 posting and willing to help
not quiiiite haha. I haven't made a simfile since vgmp3, and I've only gotten busier since. no chance I could be super active and put up new files twice a week. thanks for the compliment though

I don't see the need to go out and get the OG people you listed. the makers of the files in even the newest packs could definitely make easier, simpler charts if they wanted to and with just a little bit of practice. plus, why bother having a select group of users make the only "canon" files? as long as there's some way to QC files or maybe put a certain one in the spotlight each day/week/whatever, there are a lot of skilled steppists who can contribute.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #135
Shikari
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
plus, why bother having a select group of users make the only "canon" files? as long as there's some way to QC files or maybe put a certain one in the spotlight each day/week/whatever, there are a lot of skilled steppists who can contribute.
I mentioned them just for the purpose of working with nowadays stepartists, liking assembling old and new school, got it? I didn't underestimated the people from now.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #136
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

good to hear. rounding up the elderly folks of stepmania could be a minor draw for players all over the internet. don't be misunderestimatin'

if the simfile scene is anything now like it was back in the day, it could really use some more diversity in the tunes. music games should be largely about the music.

ooh, one point I'd like to make about easier charts: they should be tested by newer players. maybe not a totally accurate parallel, but I was stuck on the easier charts in o2jam for quite a while and I was still having a blast. easy keyboard charts should be nothing like pad charts. they should have reasonable difficulty spikes and patterns that are suited toward keyboard play. for instance, you would never think of having quads (maybe 8th quads or something) in an easy chart, because they didn't appear in ITG until you hit 11s or whatever. but really, they're probably easier for a new player to hit than more confusing patterns of doubles.

again, my apologies if what I've mentioned has already been discussed to death. I still just have a bit of passion about this stuff. you can never take the stepmania out of the stepmanier
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #137
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Don't forget to add a musician section where we can share our music that can be used for (potentially) new files.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #138
MetzgerSM
FFR Player

I'm in, awesome idea
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #139
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

I have a hard time believing that anti-elitism will actually happen for a long period of time. If it actually comes through, I will absolutely be a part of this.

I'll still hang around FFR, since it's a big part of my life, but I will also be there. I focus my files on fun factor though, so I haven't had much of a chance to shine. One good thing I can say is that when Arch0wl judged my file for FFR he said something like: "This file isn't the usual spread chart, it's unique and fun so I enjoyed it" and he gave me 5/5.

Basically, I'll help out. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #140
Shikari
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Don't forget to add a musician section where we can share our music that can be used for (potentially) new files.
Already thought of that. I wouldn't leave people like you and Anwar behind, haha.

CS, as I said, getting rid of elitism is just a matter of "education". Lots of simfile makers from nowadays are willing to help this new community, I doubt they will be elitist about something that will be good for everyone inside Stepmania.

Quote: