Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-9-2014, 01:53 PM   #121
snlrock2
Yaoi Destroyer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Zenith's Arrows to Music Tournament!

i would liek to join
Old 08-9-2014, 01:57 PM   #122
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Okay, I just literally walked into a world of shit at home after work, but I'm going to be re-tweaking EVERYTHING tonight. Meaning everything WILL be cleared up. There WILL be corrections to placements.

Also, changing the song change to an attack system, which will be much clearer and much more efficient in creating a friendly competition environment. For all of you who've really set your mind to the Song Change, I kind of wish you didn't get too involved because it was ONLY a work-in-progress. It wasn't official as stated in the OP.

Please stay tuned tonight for the updates because right now, I have too much going on in this damn house and it's frustrating me beyond belief.

Old 08-9-2014, 02:16 PM   #123
sweet2kill210
I'm okay I guess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Yahoo to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Skype™ to sweet2kill210

Just noticed I'm not in the participant list, I would like to be in D6 please.

Thanks Gold Stinger, you are amazing!

Old 08-9-2014, 02:27 PM   #124
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I'll try, why not

D4

Old 08-9-2014, 03:32 PM   #125
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I just literally walked into a world of shit at home after work, but I'm going to be re-tweaking EVERYTHING tonight. Meaning everything WILL be cleared up. There WILL be corrections to placements.

Also, changing the song change to an attack system, which will be much clearer and much more efficient in creating a friendly competition environment. For all of you who've really set your mind to the Song Change, I kind of wish you didn't get too involved because it was ONLY a work-in-progress. It wasn't official as stated in the OP.

Please stay tuned tonight for the updates because right now, I have too much going on in this damn house and it's frustrating me beyond belief.
Hey no worries, I understand it was a work-in-progress. We were just trying to smooth it out before it got implemented into the tourney. All-in-all I am still excited to get another tourney going!

I'm just an old boy now
Old 08-9-2014, 03:50 PM   #126
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagedBerserker View Post
Hey no worries, I understand it was a work-in-progress. We were just trying to smooth it out before it got implemented into the tourney. All-in-all I am still excited to get another tourney going!
I felt bad for saying it that way, what I really meant to say was I'm sorry to disappoint the people who were trying to smooth it out and get it working

Old 08-9-2014, 03:54 PM   #127
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I felt bad for saying it that way, what I really meant to say was I'm sorry to disappoint the people who were trying to smooth it out and get it working
No need, sir, we understand that this is still a work in progress. Eventually, all will fall into place and be just fine. Btw, hope that drama got a bit smoother at your house.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Old 08-9-2014, 04:22 PM   #128
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150

I'm in! Been waiting for some kind of tournament so I'd have an excuse to play FFR LOL. Historically I've been D5, however I was played in D6 for one official tourney (granted knocked out first round). If I had to guess I'd probably say I'm with krunky (we were kinda like rival competitors on Thirdstyle, but in our primes I'd say he probably beat me).
Overall my recommendation would be high D5 / low D6 but ultimately the decision is up to you, thanks for organizing this!
Old 08-9-2014, 04:34 PM   #129
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Alrighty, since I have the time now to work on all of this, now will be the time I start cranking on this and re-working it.

Will add the people to the lists as soon as I piece everything together

The new "Attack System" which WILL be replacing the old "Song Change" system to avoid confusion and something different from something so technical.

- For Ten Thousand (10,000) credits, you can choose one of the attacks listed below.
- The attacks are: Neo Style, Hyperspeed, Note Swap, Re-Skin, and Booflag. (Trying to think of more, but these are concrete)

Neo Style: The targeted player must play their division song with their speedmod -.5 For example: Speedmod of 2.5 would result in using 2.

Hyperspeed: The targeted player must play their division song with their speedmod +.5 For example: Speedmod of 2.5 would result in using 3

Note Swap: The targeted player must play their division song using the MIRROR mod. If the player is already using Mirror, they must turn it off.

Re-Skin: The targeted player must play their division song using another noteskin (Of the targeted player's choice). You must save a replay of this!

Booflag: The targeted player automatically starts off with -5 added to their score. Yes, this does prevent the AAA, but can only happen ONCE PER PERSON. Once someone has been chosen, they will never be targeted by this attack again, but other's can still happen.

I hope this is a good idea, feedback please!

EDIT: More rules will be added to the OP, so refer to the first post for the rules.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 08-9-2014 at 04:35 PM..
Old 08-9-2014, 04:38 PM   #130
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Alrighty, since I have the time now to work on all of this, now will be the time I start cranking on this and re-working it.

Will add the people to the lists as soon as I piece everything together

The new "Attack System" which WILL be replacing the old "Song Change" system to avoid confusion and something different from something so technical.

- For Ten Thousand (10,000) credits, you can choose one of the attacks listed below.
- The attacks are: Neo Style, Hyperspeed, Note Swap, Re-Skin, and Booflag. (Trying to think of more, but these are concrete)

Neo Style: The targeted player must play their division song with their speedmod -.5 For example: Speedmod of 2.5 would result in using 2.

Hyperspeed: The targeted player must play their division song with their speedmod +.5 For example: Speedmod of 2.5 would result in using 3

Note Swap: The targeted player must play their division song using the MIRROR mod. If the player is already using Mirror, they must turn it off.

Re-Skin: The targeted player must play their division song using another noteskin (Of the targeted player's choice). You must save a replay of this!

Booflag: The targeted player automatically starts off with -5 added to their score. Yes, this does prevent the AAA, but can only happen ONCE PER PERSON. Once someone has been chosen, they will never be targeted by this attack again, but other's can still happen.

I hope this is a good idea, feedback please!

EDIT: More rules will be added to the OP, so refer to the first post for the rules.

I thoroughly enjoy this concept. As for a possible 'Attack', how about using the rotate mod, not sure if all engines can use it. (Granted, if you use the SM Orbular note-skin, you'd have to change it as well.)

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 08-9-2014, 04:45 PM   #131
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
I thoroughly enjoy this concept. As for a possible 'Attack', how about using the rotate mod, not sure if all engines can use it. (Granted, if you use the SM Orbular note-skin, you'd have to change it as well.)

- Players can remove an attack by paying the credit amount for an attack. Once cleared of an attack, someone else can still attack you, but only 3 times per round.
- There is a maximum cap of how many times a player can be attack to 3 (Starting off, might reduce down to 2). This ONLY applies when a targeted player has removed an attack previous to the next one.
- For Twenty Thousand (20,000) credits, you can become IMMUNE for one round. This means they cannot be targeted by an attack. This can only happen for two (2) rounds per person.
- If a player wants to take on 2 or 3 attacks at a time, they can, meaning if they get a BETTER score than the attacker, the credits spent to attack will be compensated to the targeted player.

*All Credits used to buy an attack is added into the Credit Pool!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Rules! And I was thinking about those mods, but they might be too effective of an attack. I don't want someone who can pull a 5 clean to have to deal with a 30-2-2-2 because of Rotate or one of those. If people say they want to, so be it!

Last edited by _Zenith_; 08-9-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Old 08-9-2014, 04:52 PM   #132
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Couldn't I just run a speed mod .5 lower or higher prior to the song to just avoid it? Unless we all lock in our speed mods pre tournament and it has to be visible the whole time otherwise that's easy to run around.
Old 08-9-2014, 05:00 PM   #133
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Couldn't I just run a speed mod .5 lower or higher prior to the song to just avoid it? Unless we all lock in our speed mods pre tournament and it has to be visible the whole time otherwise that's easy to run around.
By the first song, you're speedmod is automatically shown in the screenshot or replay you'd have to submit. From there, I'd use that number and do the math. If you tell me that the submitted score (if you were attacked by a Hyperspeed) was played already with .5 added, then you're speedmod would have to be -.5 that, and if it isn't I believe that's lying :P Not sure, but I needed feedback

Old 08-9-2014, 05:03 PM   #134
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
It's possible to have already played any file before getting attacked, and you wouldn't know what type of attack to expect before it happens.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 08-9-2014, 05:03 PM   #135
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

What if someone uses an attack they have to pay extra to be able to choose what exactly happens to their opponent.
For Neo Style/Hyperspeed, the attacker has to pay extra to choose whether the opponent's speed goes up or down. For Re-Skin, the attacker has to pay extra to choose which specific skin to change the opponent's skin to. If the attacker decides not to pay extra, then the victim of the attack gets to choose for his/herself.

Old 08-9-2014, 05:04 PM   #136
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Oh, I didn't see all these other posts before posting.

Old 08-9-2014, 05:07 PM   #137
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 View Post
Oh, I didn't see all these other posts before posting.
Now that you are/did, feedback!

Old 08-9-2014, 05:08 PM   #138
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
What if someone uses an attack they have to pay extra to be able to choose what exactly happens to their opponent.
For Neo Style/Hyperspeed, the attacker has to pay extra to choose whether the opponent's speed goes up or down. For Re-Skin, the attacker has to pay extra to choose which specific skin to change the opponent's skin to. If the attacker decides not to pay extra, then the victim of the attack gets to choose for his/herself.

Yeah, it takes 10,000 credits to give an attack of the credit payers choice to whomever they choose.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 08-9-2014, 05:15 PM   #139
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
Yeah, it takes 10,000 credits to give an attack of the credit payers choice to whomever they choose.
You kinda missed my point. I was saying that if the attacker pays just the 10,000 then he can't choose which specific note skin the opponent switches to. Same with the speed mod going up or down. If the attacker pays an extra set amount, he can then choose which specific note skin the victim switches to. Same with the speed mod going up or down.

Old 08-9-2014, 05:19 PM   #140
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You kinda missed my point. I was saying that if the attacker pays just the 10,000 then he can't choose which specific note skin the opponent switches to. Same with the speed mod going up or down. If the attacker pays an extra set amount, he can then choose which specific note skin the victim switches to. Same with the speed mod going up or down.
I mean, 10k is a lot to throw down for something such as this. Especially since it'll most likely happen every round.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Closed Thread