Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #13681
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

How much does Dragon help during boss runs? I mean ... its fire rate is so slow and it doesn't do all that great of damage either .... =\
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #13682
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

Well so far nothings happened. All the hardcore hackers are still in the rankings, as well as my casual hacking friends.

And I'm still in the rankings, although I havent hacked for like 4 months (aside from a week ago I godmoded to test something out).

Yeah tosh is right, several of my friends/hacking acquaintances are able to do all that crazy stuff, I'll just have to leech it from them and I'll be fly.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #13683
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
How much does Dragon help during boss runs? I mean ... its fire rate is so slow and it doesn't do all that great of damage either .... =\
Priests are notorious for being weaker than other classes. Max Dragon deals about 1/10th as much a priest would spamming SR to a single target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
Well so far nothings happened. All the hardcore hackers are still in the rankings, as well as my casual hacking friends.
They might have announced the removal from ranking thing months ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still not 100% implemented.

Quote:
And I'm still in the rankings, although I havent hacked for like 4 months (aside from a week ago I godmoded to test something out).
See above.

Quote:
Yeah tosh is right, several of my friends/hacking acquaintances are able to do all that crazy stuff, I'll just have to leech it from them and I'll be fly.
Except that if what they are saying is true, it'd be "impossible" to beat it. Serverside verification is only beatable by hacking the server, but if a person were to do that, there are much better things they could do with their skills.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #13684
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

For the past month, when you report, you have the ability to send a chat log too.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #13685
falcondude
FFR Player

Hey, should I be an Ice/Lightning wizard or a cleric? I don't know what'd be more fun/useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #13686
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

The solution all along has been increased GM presence. Think about it in terms of cops and crime. If you're driving fast and see a bunch of cop cars ahead of you, you're gonna slow down and be extra safe. If you were thinking of stealing something and saw some cops or security guards around, you'd reconsider. But what if there weren't any cops around? If you saw people stealing **** and getting away with it, before long you might start stealing stuff, too. People are greedy and many will forget their morals if they think there will be no punishment for their wrongdoing.

Now imagine if every time you reported somebody they got banned right in front of you, and people talked about this. Let's say you wanted to hack but were afraid of bans, and while training legitly you saw GMs wandering around talking to people and banning cheaters. Just the looming threat of bans is enough to stop most people, and if we could at least make it so that hackers are so scared that they seclude themselves, that's fine. Back in the day when there were few hackers I didn't care. When the map with all 3 cats is filled with hackers on every channel I don't care. When there are 2 hackers on every Grupin channel I am pissed off.

Let's just hope the hackers are scared. xD

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #13687
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tibs- View Post
I wouldn't mind if they only banned stupid hackers. The smart ones don't make a nuisance of themselves.
Well yeah, unless they have the intention of doing something to bother people, in which case they'd probably be hacking accounts rather than messing with the game instead :/

But yeah, most of the smarter ones CC if they even see a red dot, and some have pixel detection and packets that locate people.
Quote:
And if all hack detection is SERVERSIDE like that post there says this is
Well, not exactly.

There are two main things you need to do to not get logged. First is to delete the obvious log files in the MS folder, I won't say what they're called, but they all have the same file extension. After that, you need to do some packet interruption. I won't get into that. It also helps if you can send false packets to the server so it thinks that you're doing something you're not(like standing instead of jumping, for example). It's uhh, a bit complicated, I guess. It's easier to do it than explain it, and I don't want to get detailed anyway. I don't think DHS or anyone else would, either.

A better way of saying this is that unless they provide some amazing proof, no one really believes this is fully serversided :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I don't see why people think it's alright to abuse bugs and forced lag though. If I was a GM, I'd probably surf oPQ channels and ban anyone who smuggles in items.
Why does it bother you? I wasn't aware you even had anyone in the OPQing level range, but you sure do seem to know an awfully large amount about it. Don't get me wrong, I don't smuggle on any of my characters. I probably couldn't make myself lag without pulling some internet cords anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
For the past month, when you report, you have the ability to send a chat log too.
When did they add 10 reports per day? I noticed it a while ago before someone posted about it, but I just never really remember the day it came in.

And yeah, I report people. I won't report someone for just hacking, just like most police officers won't stop people for not using a turn signal., but I will report someone for either being an ass while hacking or botting in the open, especially at event places.
Quote:
Just the looming threat of bans is enough to stop most people
Well, I have to say, regardless of whether I've ever been seen or not, I will always log off when the blue names start coming up in the main chat.

Really, if people just used common sense and did stuff a little more secretly, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. But no, they'll cheat right in front of you. If you had to put this into a "real life" example, hackers are pretty much nudists. Most people consider them a pain, all of the attention goes to them instead of being able to focus on the things around them, and you don't really want to do much around them because they just have a "bad aura" around them. Like in real life, there are exceptions and people who want to be around hackers(and nudists, rofl).
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #13688
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

People sure do go through a lot of trouble to hack and **** in this game...

Way more fun actually leveling and having friends who you've known level up beside you throughout a year... Being respected in the community. Attending legit boss runs with other respected players and groups.

So much more I could go on but rofl like some of you fags care only about level.. haha.. **** accomplishment, respect, and the experiences shared together! I only want to be slightly stronger because of level, but I'm the only one who gives a **** because no one else will respect it!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #13689
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I couldn't care less about some respect on some dumb game. I'm just having fun. I'm not gonna spend 5 hours everyday for a year just to level up.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #13690
banditcom
FFR Player

You've spent 2 years on and off in the game and gotten no where...

With that amount of time, I like to have some sense of accomplishment. Otherwise it's just a huge waste of time.

MMOs are a ****ing waste if all you do is skip a bunch of levels, mess with others (directly or indirectly), and do nothing.

Friends, respect, accomplishment... That's what it's about. GG spending 2 years on "some dumb game" DOING NOTHING LOLROFL. It's like getting a game on the NES, popping in Game Genie to skip a bunch of levels + invincibility, killing a bunch of crap, then turning the game off. But doing it for 2 years.. HAHA omfg I feel bad for you.

It is a dumb game. It's simple, leveling doesn't do much, skills aren't all that omfg amazing. Monsters and bosses aren't WOAHMYGOD. It's about many, many other aspects that hackers don't experience. So in the end, all they are doing is spending time in a dumb game, getting nothing out of it, doing it for years, and ruining it for others.

The definition of lame.

See, even though I've spent 2500 hours+ in this game over the past nearly 2 years... I won't look back on this and see it as a waste of time when I'm all done. Because I got to fully experience the game and all the great aspects. I had WORTHWHILE fun.

Last edited by banditcom; 05-24-2007 at 10:16 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #13691
Velious
FFR Player

Quote:

With that amount of time, I like to have some sense of accomplishment. Otherwise it's just a huge waste of time.

MMOs are a ****ing waste if all you do is skip a bunch of levels, mess with others (directly or indirectly), and do nothing.

Friends, respect, accomplishment... That's what it's about. GG spending 2 years on "some dumb game" DOING NOTHING LOLROFL. It's like getting a game on the NES, popping in Game Genie to skip a bunch of levels + invincibility, killing a bunch of crap, then turning the game off. But doing it for 2 years.. HAHA omfg I feel bad for you.

It is a dumb game. It's simple, leveling doesn't do much, skills aren't all that omfg amazing. Monsters and bosses aren't WOAHMYGOD. It's about many, many other aspects that hackers don't experience. So in the end, all they are doing is spending time in a dumb game, getting nothing out of it, doing it for years, and ruining it for others.

The definition of lame.
i disagree with you entirely

i've had WAY more fun messing with people and hacking mmos then spending hours a day to level up with random people rofl
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1nd0wsXP
Can anyone tell me where to find Quasasr..... I'm kinda and trying to find that song Help would be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #13692
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Jason, you have a habit of lumping all hackers together as one type of person. Don't forget the people who hack because they have an interest in programming and such. Same way a lot of tinkerers and inventors took watches apart as kids, programmers often like to break apart and hack things. I have no intention of hacking, but I love to know exactly how hacks work and the source of all the various bugs and glitches. Usually the only people that are whiney level-craving people are the leechers, not the smart people who actually make the hacks.

Really though, if they don't care to put the work in for levels that's fine with me. As long as they stay out of popular spots and don't flood the economy with mesos, they don't affect me at all. I still think there should be a hacking server, where no rules are enforced and any 3rd-party programs are acceptable. There are so many benefits to such a thing. Sure it wouldn't wipe out cheating on the "legit" servers, but it would deter a lot of the cheating to one place.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #13693
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:

I have plenty of a sense of accomplishment. The thing I accomplished was that I had a blast and I'm finding out new things.

I won't even bother reading the rest of your post. You're taking this way too seriously and personally already.

@EB Well yeah, there's an interest in programming, but Nexon makes it so easy that there's not much programming to be done anymore. You can update stuff yourself pretty quickly now. The real fun is actually doing it now.
@EB again, that's what Diablo 2 did. It had an "open" server where people would just hack all of the time. It was pretty fun and stuff until you got to the max level with pretty much invincible equipment, after which you started to PvP, and that was even more fun. But you have to remember, there were STILL lots of MH'ers/botters/etc. on the "closed" servers.

Last edited by ToshX; 05-25-2007 at 01:51 AM..
Old 05-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #13694
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

I do have to agree with Jason though, and all legit players should be able to relate. When you hit a certain level(like 70 or 100) you feel great and you look back and see what you have accomplished and how far you've gone with your friends and guild in the game.

I can relate to both sides of this argument because I have hacked as well.

While I did hack using those easy UCEs and the usual stuff that leechers used, I hacked during unpopular hours in unpopular rooms and always cc'd when legits walked in. I have respect for legits, and respect for smart hackers who know what they're doing. I never hacked long though, but it felt like it was it's own class in the game. I quit hacking though when I realized that I'd get no satisfaction from hiding in the shadows just to level faster.

The solution to this argument is to just co-exist with the hackers because they will never go away. They don't bother me, even the douche bags that vac in your map because they can. I just don't care enough about the game to let these problems ruin it for me. I just play for my own reasons with my friends, and that's it.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #13695
Pichu_XP
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pichu_XP

I tried to run MS on my computer a while back but it didn't work due to compatibility problems with Vista (pre-installed btw). Is there anyway to work around this?

Last edited by Pichu_XP; 05-25-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #13696
falcondude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondude View Post
Hey, should I be an Ice/Lightning wizard or a cleric? I don't know what'd be more fun/useful.
So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%
Old 05-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #13697
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
I quit hacking though when I realized that I'd get no satisfaction from hiding in the shadows just to level faster.
Yeah, if you're not enjoying it, you're probably wasting your time.

Falcon, well, it depends on what you want to do end-game.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #13698
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I'm rather split on the hacker discussion.. I have a lot of fun experimenting with the different character classes and it is a pain leveling them all up. The thing about Maple is that you have to stick to one character and really stay dedicated to get anything out of it. Hacking makes leveling up easier and thus, you can enjoy the different classes at higher levels. For me, building online relationships is not that rewarding. Sure, I love having friends to talk to online, but that isn't why I played maple. Hell, if I was into the whole community thing I would probably be on Bera. My point is.. people have different ways to have fun. Some like breaking apart the game and finding the errors and bugs in it; some people like to interact with people and build relationships to make the game more enjoyable; and there are people like me who like playing around with the different character types to see which one is the most enjoyable in the end.

I'll probably never play GMS again because of the hacking problem, but I'll still play JMS.

And yes, you guys need to level in JMS (those who still play). We need people to Ludi PQ :<

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 05-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #13699
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexon
i know we said you could keep your char if you live in europe but we havent kept a promise in our lives and we'll be damned if we'll start now
so what class do i want to be on euro ms?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #13700
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu_XP View Post
I tried to run MS on my computer a while back but it didn't work due to compatibility problems with Vista (pre-installed btw). Is there anyway to work around this?
Run in compatibility mode for XP.

Duh.

ps tibs move to amrericia