Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #1341
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: Survivor: FFR Island (Tournament)

Well I almost forgot to submit a score until Monday, and when I saw that no one submitted, I just submitted a random score. Now it's Mystic and I, but I think that I probably should've won for submitting, but I'm willing to go for another round.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #1342
will08
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

im not arguing - well guess i should have made that clear - if its too late thats fine i was just saying i was on time by my account. This could mean that my timing and the tournament timing may not be the same and if so then i will accept my elimination or see if i get voted off if i stay.
if im out then good tourney maybe next time things will go through smoother
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #1343
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Well I almost forgot to submit a score until Monday, and when I saw that no one submitted, I just submitted a random score. Now it's Mystic and I, but I think that I probably should've won for submitting, but I'm willing to go for another round.
Mystic won that Immunity Idol, so that is why he is still in.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by will08 View Post
im not arguing - well guess i should have made that clear - if its too late thats fine i was just saying i was on time by my account. This could mean that my timing and the tournament timing may not be the same and if so then i will accept my elimination or see if i get voted off if i stay.
if im out then good tourney maybe next time things will go through smoother
Yeah, I meant argue in more of the way of slightly protesting against the round ending when it did by posting that score, despite Jugglin saying it was over, haha. Sorry if I was implying a stronger sense of arguing. Also, with your timing, you use the tournament's timing and adjust accordingly. Jugglin lives in the Eastern time zone, so he has stated previously that the rounds end at 7pm in that zone. (Which is 6pm Central.) I'm sure you already know that, but yeah.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 02-19-2008 at 10:38 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #1344
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Mystic won that Immunity Idol, so that is why he is still in.
What he said.

Hammy's an pretty smart dude

EDIT: In my highschool enrollment booklet thingy, it said "blahblahblah and if taken, you are an considered for blahblahblah" I would take a picture of it, but it blurs it in my laptop's camera.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.

Last edited by jugglinguy; 02-19-2008 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #1345
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I just couldn't get a good score on that song so I didn't bother submitting a score...since I knew I had the immunity idol anyway.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #1346
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Ya know...If you guys are going to argue for scores still being on time because it's still Tuesday, it can be counter-argued that by saying the round "Ended on Tuesday", it meant that it ended the second it hit midnight on Tuesday in the timezone before the International Date Line. =P

It has been set as 6pm central since the beginning and everyone had four days to submit. This is what happens when you put it off. If you were truly unable to submit until a couple hours after the round ended, and if you were truly completely busy for four full days, then I'm sorry that you were held up in time like that. By that scenario, though, perhaps a tourney wasn't the best decision at this point in time for you.
In shorter terms: *snaps yer fingarz* Uh uh, b*tch, this round IS OVA!

Sucks for people who lost internet use the whole weekend. And didn't get a chance to post a score since school said "No gaems or u in trubble". I just don't see why it has to be preset as 6 PM Central, like the timing here is that crucial. To me, Tuesday is Tuesday until 11:59 PM.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry, I'm very skeptical about the listed rules. From what I see, it's only saying blahblahblah SS by Tuesday.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

Last edited by flipsta_lombax; 02-19-2008 at 10:39 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #1347
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax View Post
In shorter terms: *snaps yer fingarz* Uh uh, b*tch, this round IS OVA!
7pm Eastern (6pm Central) has been stated as the default ending time for the rounds by Jugglin in this thread. In respect to the tourney hosts, we should hold the responsibility in remembering at least that much.

Quote:
Sucks for people who lost internet use the whole weekend. And didn't get a chance to post a score since school said "No gaems or u in trubble". I just don't see why it has to be preset as 6 PM Central, like the timing here is that crucial. To me, Tuesday is Tuesday until 11:59 PM.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry, I'm very skeptical about the listed rules. From what I see, it's only saying blahblahblah SS by Tuesday.
Well, things like that happen, but exceptions can't be made for people like this. You posted when the round started, and you even have a few games played on that day. You could have posted a score then at least as a placeholder. Okay, I'm sure you weren't expecting no internet use for the weekend, but you had a chance in the beginning. The tournament hosts can't be held responsible for the time you lost in this situation. If my modem blew up and I was unable to get online to send in a score in time, I shouldn't expect any special treatment. It sucks, but well...**** happens. =/ We have been given a lot of time for each round, and you gotta use what you can. Besides, Flipsta, didn't you post asking to be taken out of the tournament?

And once again, the time for when the rounds end has been stated before. Guys, in respect to Jugglin and Jteh and the hard work they put into this tournament, just accept it and move on. Arguing against what Jugglin says is not respectful, seeing how he has been doing a lot by maintaining this tournament for us.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #1348
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

PS: HammyMcManticore steamroller for first and second place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #1349
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Reason being why I said that is because of parental asshatery. I only had about a good 2 hours of the internet for those 3 days (because of me being sneaky), and me playing FFR would have gotten me in deeper trouble.

**** died down now, but that screenshot was from school. 4:09 PM. That is exactly one minute before I got out and my teacher asked for the mouse back (yes, we detach mice at school). I only got to upload, but didn't have the time to copy and paste the URL pic. Getting home at 6:30 PM EST, I bet I was too late if it is due 7:00 PM EST.

I'm not pressed, and I am not disrespecting anyone. It's just from what I see now is what I am going to abide to. What's done is done, what had happened happened. I just like to make a point, is all.

But still, good luck through out the rest of the tournie. Hammy, you already know you'd win or at least with a higher chance.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #1350
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Yeah, I understand a lot of the **** that you have to put up with, man. I just hope you're able to take care of it all soon so it's less on your shoulders. ):
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax View Post
But still, good luck through out the rest of the tournie. Hammy, you already know you'd win or at least with a higher chance.
Honestly, I didn't think like that. I saw a few people that could beat me in this, but the thing is, they all got eliminated for inactivity or were voted out. I know I have a better chance at winning these tournaments, but I really didn't see it being a huge chance until last round. You can believe me or not believe me, but I really don't think highly of myself when playing in tournaments. I always think of ways that someone could beat me, and then hope for the best outcomes and try to survive. It's actually pretty ridiculous how much I underestimate myself.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 02-20-2008 at 12:37 AM..
Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #1351
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

It's funny how I do the same, and it always end up at last rounds when I get screwed. xP And it's not only the parents, but the thoughts of a tournie.

"OH gawd oh gawd, tournie oh gawd, I don't know if I can do this (thoughts: YES YOU CAN!) Gah! damnit! I got a Good *boos out to quit*

That is rare nowadays, but when it is an FMO+, ohoho... I can kiss those chances of winning goodbye. I guess it's just the things that get in your way and the time limit that makes a tourney harder. So you still have a valid point.

Oh, and thanks for understanding Hammy. =)

Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #1352
Nightfirecat
...back from the dead.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nightfirecat

Lolz what did I miss?

[My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament
Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #1353
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Whoever's in the final 4 in advanced, Bring out the breakfast!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #1354
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
Yeah, I just couldn't get a good score on that song so I didn't bother submitting a score...since I knew I had the immunity idol anyway.
Well good job. I didn't bother with that since no one else submitted a score, and everyone else was posting their own scores, and I knew I was in. Hopefully this next song will be fair between us. I want an intense final round for us.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #1355
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

EDIT: Ah, yes the round is over, but I still hate this song.
Either way, **** this AAA.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...play/12560710/

EDIT: Also, how are credits going to be distributed when the Tourney ends?

Last edited by Kekeb; 02-20-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #1356
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

When is the next round going to start?
Old 02-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #1357
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Tomorrow at 6PM CST (7 EST) assuming I don't have delays or some other unknown thing happen.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #1358
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

what about the voting o.0
Old 02-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #1359
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Well good job. I didn't bother with that since no one else submitted a score, and everyone else was posting their own scores, and I knew I was in. Hopefully this next song will be fair between us. I want an intense final round for us.
Ha yes. I would love a super intense final round. I have a feeling you will be the victor though. Good luck though, may the better FFR'er take the top prize.

Question to Jteh and Jugglin, if I lose, will I get something for 2nd place?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #1360
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

yes you will mystic, anyways the voting will be extended for another day, as i only have 4 votes plus an endless pile of homework

Closed Thread