cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Default Re: Twilight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post

fffffff you've been trolling us this entire time
now I get it
question.
1.) why are you still replying, if you don't like what i say? =)
cherrygirl1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:18 PM   #102
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Because in debates, you don't just say what you want to say and then leave. You stay until the discussion is over.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:20 PM   #103
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

squeek listens to coldplay
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:23 PM   #104
STD_Sappy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to STD_Sappy Send a message via MSN to STD_Sappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I am a writer. And the fact that **** like this gets published and eaten up distresses me. It's an utterly hollow, hollow book that is only popular because some people haven't attached a definition to the word 'love' yet and find that this book fills that niche, even though the 'love' expressed in the novels is abusive and dangerous. And selfish.

It's a vapid exercise in taking what girls think they want and writing it down. And then the young men will follow, thinking that the books will serve as a guideline for how they should act, seeing as the women like it so much.

Oh, hey, girl. I like you. But we can never be together. But just in case, I'm going to remove your car engine so you can't see another guy. And I'll watch you sleep. And I'll follow you around and make sure you're not interested in anyone else, even if I tell you to be. And you should be interested in someone else, because I'm telling you to be. But if you are, I'll rip his head off. But I want you to be. Aren't I so cool? Look at my smoldering eyes. Look at my smoldering body. Could you write down, please, how good my clothes make me look?

It's aggrivating as hell because there are NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AT ALL. I fell like I'm taking crazy pills, I really do.

The difference between Harry Potter and Twilight? I feel the need to bring this up because Harry Potter was the last book series to bring kids from out in front of the TV and actually make them read.

Harry Potter is not very well written. It's written in a very plain-text style without a lot of embellishment. But it created a world that so many people wanted to escape to, and it managed to tell a compelling, intense, and fun story over seven books.

Twilight does not. The story is absolute trash.

Twilight: I love Edward. Edward loves me. Every boy loves me. Oh, bad vampire. He's dead.
New Moon: Oh, Edward is gone. I guess I'll go all suicidal. Oh, wait, he's back.
Eclipse: Oh, the vampire's girlfriend from the first book is back. Oh, wait, she's dead now. So is Laurent. Oh, hey, another boy loves me, isn't this swell.
Breaking Dawn: I got married, SQUEEEEEE! Snap, I'm pregnant. Oh, cool, now I'm a vampire. Oh, cool, I can automatically control my blood lust. Oh, cool, there isn't a big war fought over my daughter so the hundreds of pages of buildup mean nothing. Oh, cool, the other guys in love with me find someone else including my infant daughter. Oh, cool, my Dad finds another woman to take care of him besides me. Oh, cool, I get to live forever and have awesome vampire sex and I'll be 19 this is the best. And I've had to give nothing up. Isn't this a great realistic expectation I've set?

It's like... If Voldemort, at the end of book 7, walked in to the school, and Harry was all, "Oh, hey, let's not fight." And Voldemort was all, "Cool." And they made tea-cozies.

If I could, I would literally - LITERALLY - slap every single person who could not justify to me in a reason that makes freakin' sense that likes the Twilight series. I can forgive the movie, because "OOOH, AHH, SOMETHING MOVING ON SCREEN DURRRR," but not the books.
It seems like you're the only damn one writing the most in this thread, if you don't care about it, stop making it seem like you care and stop posting about, who gives a crap, everyone has their own opinion. Sheesh. It seems like you're trying to change people's opinion, when they clearly love the book. It was ok the first time, now it's just annoying.

Sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Amen.
Because he's so well known. ;]
Lol, I love these people. <3

Last edited by STD_Sappy; 12-3-2008 at 10:54 PM..
STD_Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:48 PM   #105
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

<3 Coldplay.
<3 Squeek (sometimes).

Taylor, you're an annoying newb and a b¡tch. Nobody here likes you because you're acting like you think you're better than everyone else by posting all proper-like (yeah I said all proper-like) and you take into account hypothetical physical appearance as leverage in a debate? Most of the people here have earned some sort of respect on the site as being veterans, common posters, smart posters, and nice people. Just as many people are trying to side with you as people that oppose you. It's just the people that challenge your opinion have a more credible perspective and are making some sort of attempt to persuade people to see their view.

You on the other hand just see anyone who doesn't like Twilight as an 'uglee meaniehead'. You're pathetic.

Get off our site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:53 PM   #106
thechild
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Guardians View Post
<3 Coldplay.
<3 Squeek (sometimes).

Taylor, you're an annoying newb and a b¡tch. Nobody here likes you because you're acting like you think you're better than everyone else by posting all proper-like (yeah I said all proper-like) and you take into account hypothetical physical appearance as leverage in a debate? Most of the people here have earned some sort of respect on the site as being veterans, common posters, smart posters, and nice people. Just as many people are trying to side with you as people that oppose you. It's just the people that challenge your opinion have a more credible perspective and are making some sort of attempt to persuade people to see their view.

You on the other hand just see anyone who doesn't like Twilight as an 'uglee meaniehead'. You're pathetic.

Get off our site.
You spoke exactlyyyy what I have been thinking I just couldn't say it that way because I was so annoyed.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2008, 08:57 PM   #107
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
You spoke exactlyyyy what I have been thinking I just couldn't say it that way because I was so annoyed.
Did I win?

Edit: Apparently I did. This thread died faster than roadkill xD

Quote:
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by tha Guardians; 12-3-2008 at 09:32 PM..
Old 12-3-2008, 10:48 PM   #108
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
<3 Coldplay.
<3 Squeek (sometimes).

Get off our site.
Oh I know I’m annoying =)
and love the paragraph I couldn't have said it better myself
aren’t I just the hoe-bag of the gang? hehe
+ hate Twilight or love Twilight you act like it runs my life silly
You can think of it what you will, because remember now
It’s not like were talking' s*** in person which I would love anyway
when it all comes down to it you’re just typing and I take this offensive
how? oh and 'uglee meaniehead' you spelled it wrong, it's "ugly".
But hehe you hit it right I‘m soooo ugly but a lot of people would beg to differ
Also, why are you the only one saying this
COME ON NOW! more people better join in I’d like some people to write
Down how ugly, annoying, ect I am. Please I’d love it if y’all did.
&& "pathetic" I don't think so I’m the best dang s***
you have seen or talked too.

-Taylor B****
xo
=)

-p.s you may begin bagging on Taylor and I don’t want all this pussy s***
I want to hear the real thing (be descriptive people!).

Last edited by cherrygirl1223; 12-3-2008 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: because I'm awesome.
Old 12-3-2008, 11:03 PM   #109
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

It's on now. ;]

xoxo,
-DbX
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2008, 12:33 AM   #110
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD_Sappy View Post
It seems like you're the only damn one writing the most in this thread, if you don't care about it, stop making it seem like you care and stop posting about, who gives a crap, everyone has their own opinion. Sheesh. It seems like you're trying to change people's opinion, when they clearly love the book. It was ok the first time, now it's just annoying.
Uh, I do care about it. I clearly state that I care about it several times. And I've even said I'm not trying to change opinions, but warn people away, or at the very least if they do feel indifferent towards the novels, offer my reasoning as to why they are poison.

It's great that you love the book. I'm glad that you can love something so shallow, simple and stupid. You'd be a great pair with Paris Hilton. It really takes a lot to love something super pretty.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2008, 04:31 AM   #111
Blue Bird
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Blue Bird

I haven't watched it yet, but I doubt it will be more disappointing than Quantum of Solace. -___-;;
Old 12-4-2008, 05:27 AM   #112
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

blue bird... they are talking about the book..... movies from books suck. < no discussion. when so many people want to read/ have read a book, it takes away from the book. I remember a long time ago. I think end of sixth beginning of seventh grade for me. Eragon came out. Such a good book in my opinion. I was the first kid in my school to read it XD. im sure some stuff about twilight is is good, but when a book sells so much like wild fire it just diminishes the amount i want to read it. I sure this goes for a lot of people... if not. idiots.I have tried to read popular books but when walking through hallways at school u cant control other people and towards the end of the book, every time, i hear someone yell out the freaking ending of the book because they are so proud they can read, and finish, a book.
+1 support for Mal.
Old 12-4-2008, 05:40 AM   #113
Blue Bird
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Blue Bird

Oh, I wasn't referring to them two arguers over there, I was just posting my thoughts on the movie. Which is what this thread was originally about. Though I agree with you - movies made from books are extremely hard to become successful. I mean, look at Harry Potter. Tons of people love it, though I doubt many bother reading the book. Probably because they don't like to read.

Which is why SERIES should be made! =D For TV! You can't fit it all in 1 movie. However, fitting 1 chapter in a 45 minute show is more than doable, and you could follow the book.
Old 12-4-2008, 07:30 AM   #114
bam13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bam13

I swear that almost every girl at my school is obsessed with Twilight right now.
bam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2008, 07:56 AM   #115
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sappy, it doesn't surprise me that you missed the rest of my posts in the thread that actually detail my feelings a little better. Reading comprehension isn't one of the strong points for those who like the Twilight Saga.

AND YES, I just came up with that.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 12-4-2008, 10:19 AM   #116
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygirl1223 View Post
Oh I know I’m annoying =)
and love the paragraph I couldn't have said it better myself
aren’t I just the hoe-bag of the gang? hehe
+ hate Twilight or love Twilight you act like it runs my life silly
You can think of it what you will, because remember now
It’s not like were talking' s*** in person which I would love anyway
when it all comes down to it you’re just typing and I take this offensive
how? oh and 'uglee meaniehead' you spelled it wrong, it's "ugly".
But hehe you hit it right I‘m soooo ugly but a lot of people would beg to differ
Also, why are you the only one saying this
COME ON NOW! more people better join in I’d like some people to write
Down how ugly, annoying, ect I am. Please I’d love it if y’all did.
&& "pathetic" I don't think so I’m the best dang s***
you have seen or talked too.

-Taylor B****
xo
=)

-p.s you may begin bagging on Taylor and I don’t want all this pussy s***
I want to hear the real thing (be descriptive people!).
All I'm asking is that you get off the forums. Nobody really wants you here and you're earning a reputation as an elitist idiot. For the record, I misspelled "ugly" intentionally, mocking how f***ing dumb you are.

Seriously, go swallow a knife.
Slide down a slide of razorblades into a pool of rubbing alcohol and lemon juice.
Something.

Most people with taste can see that Twilight is a mediocre story at best. Most people with sense can tell you're a stuck-up tw@. I can get over some retard liking Twilight. In fact, I don't really care. However this isn't the place for some dramawhore to talk about how much better she is than someone else. Go back to your Myspace. You're useless here.

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-4-2008, 11:21 AM   #117
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
All I'm asking is that you get off the forums. Nobody really wants you here and you're earning a reputation as an elitist idiot. For the record, I misspelled "ugly" intentionally, mocking how f***ing dumb you are.

Seriously, go swallow a knife.
Slide down a slide of razorblades into a pool of rubbing alcohol and lemon juice.
Something.

Most people with taste can see that Twilight is a mediocre story at best. Most people with sense can tell you're a stuck-up tw@. I can get over some retard liking Twilight. In fact, I don't really care. However this isn't the place for some dramawhore to talk about how much better she is than someone else. Go back to your Myspace. You're useless here.
oh hell no ain't no way I’m getting of the forums +
I know you missed spelled it; you were obviously trying to do something cool (FAIL!) + I like the planning of my death there though but, you could have been more descriptive don't you think? + If you really didn't care for some "retard" liking Twilight why do you keep answering me because the only reason I'm doing it now is for laughs and boredom. Myspace doesn't really float my boat because it's a waste of valuable time just like you, even ranting right now is too but, whatever + me useless lol I don't think so,
babycakes ;]

-Taylor =)

Last edited by cherrygirl1223; 12-4-2008 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: because I'm amazing
Old 12-4-2008, 11:33 AM   #118
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygirl1223 View Post
question.
1.) why are you still replying, if you don't like what i say? =)
Dude bro, I was only observing that you're a troll. I feel immense remorse for not immediately realizing this thing.

Also did you miss this post by robertsona? It's pretty pertinent to how forum topics work.

Also also why do you break your sentences in such a strange fashion, is that how you talk or something?
Svaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2008, 11:51 AM   #119
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I am not advocating the threatening going in UIH. Nor am I liking it at all.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 12-4-2008, 11:53 AM   #120
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
Dude bro, I was only observing that you're a troll. I feel immense remorse for not immediately realizing this thing.

Also did you miss this post by robertsona? It's pretty pertinent to how forum topics work.

Also also why do you break your sentences in such a strange fashion, is that how you talk or something?
well ain't you lame.
No thanks, I rather leave they way I write + it's me that's how I write **** out when I talk to your sort.

I'm

sorry

I

don't

do

this.

Thank you come again rofl ^.^