Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 PM   #1161
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
Well I'm a phone atm so I'm waiting till I get back before I do stuffs
Ladies and gentlemen, witness the hard work being poured in...
Old 03-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #1162
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, witness the hard work being poured in...
Finally some recognition!
Old 03-10-2020, 11:44 PM   #1163
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
it's more likely that vigi decided not to shoot imo what what

i could see a vigi player be fearful of shooting a town or deciding it's too soon to use their ability, whereas it still makes very little sense to me for the acqui to not take someone over at every possible opportunity
I quoted this post and some other posts regarding vigi, but I started writing this post as of the most recent post in thread, mrmpht.

When I was reading through, I was going to say that I mindmelded with the idea that they probably holstered considering the counterwagon fizzled due to Del claiming. Kinda hard to say that my mindmeld truly happened here, but trust me, I felt it before I saw the vigi claim!

Quote:
But THAT world begs the question: who did our vigilante shoot? And if they shot someone it's either a bullet vest wolf or bullet vest Aquisition
And with this one I was gonna say that it's too early to speculate so much.
Still, it's fair to keep this post in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
not sure what we get out of speculating so much about what went down in the night. gotta wait for del anyway, and we'll figure it all out once people start claiming at some point in the future
Yes, mrmpht.
I agree with this still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
I'm thinking if you are aqui, you wouldn't because of your opposite hours than most posters, so trying to replicate would be hard for you.
This is a bit too flimsy of a read. Seems like a generalization to justify a scumread on Mathilda. Gross! Reeks of overcooked bok choy, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
That is so stupid, there can be any number of reasons someone's posting hours could change. Especially when last phase was over a weekend and this is during the week now. I don't think an aqui is shelving their ability for that, not buying it.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
The world I think we're in is wolves tried to kill Del, who was doctor saved. Aqui got blocked by either the roleblockers or the PI and the vigi shelved their shot.

Curious to see how these evolve over today.
I was with you on the holstering part for vigi as I mentioned earlier. However, looks like that's not worth diving into anymore!

Quote:
phil also only pushed del to claim despite the vote being tied between del and zucker at that point. why say "if you're around del" and not "if you're around del or zucker"?
I like this take. Looking cool, Julian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
OK I realize where I went wrong with my big post earlier. I read Phil's post as if it should have been "if ur a role and around Del, claim." Insisting it was aimed at the people who voted Del. Instead it might have also been: "if ur a role and around, Del, claim.", only being aimed at Del.

Phil could you clarify what you meant by that if you haven't already? Because I both can't remember if you did and am running out of time to go check; dying computer and school ending and what not, sparkle~

The moral of the story? Commas are important~!

And about my question at the end of "Where's Apollo?", making an addendum. My sense of time is... pretty bad apparently. I thought two days ago (the last time he posted was the 8th, 9:38 PM server time) was a very long time ago game-wise, and that the day started on the NINTH, and not the TENTH. Upon further reading and editing of this post, I realize that EoD isn't 10:00 PM (server time)

Moral of the story #2? Read more carefully AND SLOWLY, Chrissy!
This post takes too long to get to the point. I'm a bit worried Chrissy is going to spend more time feeding flavour than focusing on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
I'm all caught up.

Funny that it took roughly 10 pages or so for people to argue WIFOMnomics of what happened last night, to arrive at the same conclusion that Del needs to post in thread about what they did last night to even start talking about it.

Viewpoint on Julian really hasn't changed. Really like Eugene doing the digging work that they're putting in. Mathilda was doing a lot of work as well but nothing really stood out to me as a lot of the convo was on-topic with 'what happened overnight'.
I felt the same way rereading this section. I did highlight a few posts, but it's just stupid. Look how quickly it all cleared up when Boomer claimed. All that wasted time. Could have been preparing dinner for tomorrow, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
love how you point out my early game read solely based on a character as a solid read, lol. get real.

people getting on julian for digging hard into del should probably step back and remember how del would want to play as a cop: utr, going with the flow and just trying to fit in without making themselves too obvious.
the problem is with how ffr works, that's also the usual strategy for wolves here so del just flew a little too far under.
i also don't feel that a wolf makes themselves that loud on d0.

for now, julian is fine to me.
del is obviously fine.
punchy i still like from their late-d0.
eugene is real good right about now.

i don't agree. i think del got roleblocked and kill-stacked but got saved, and vigi's target was vested. i do agree on acqui not doing anything though. it's kind of interesting as that leads to 2 scenarios in my mind about that.
1) they felt confident enough in their current slot to stay behind for a day
2) they were just legit afk all night

until del shows up, though, and can confirm whether they got roleblocked, we're still just speculating.

dora
I quoted this originally to ask why he was on Dora, but this looks pretty good now if people are questioning his claim. This post looks pretty rock-solid for his claim. Obviously it can still be counterclaimed, but it might be a bit hard with this, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Who says that there's wolf daychat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Trying to catch that slip I like it
Rolf and Apollo confirmed not reading the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
alright, yeah, Agent S can be in my town for that post, put them below Eugene and above Punchy
Responding to your big EOD post:

I agree with what you said about Rolf. I would like Rolf to look at some other points than just Julian though. But yes, one cool point is good.

Mathilda does need to do more work. I asked them questions. They should respond to me when they're back, mrmpht!

You mentioned Chief's read, would you say that Cherry is trending up for you? See my first big post of the night for how I saw her read of Zucker. It's pretty close to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Thunderdome me what what
Quote:
Translation: I need help to figure out what alignment you are.
I'm not liking Flurry even more now. Why ask for a thunderdome? Why not just read more of Cherry's posts again or ask them questions about specific players? This is such a weird way of going about it.

Quote:
O wouldn't have voted for anyone. Reading back and knowing the flip now though I would've voted boomer
Not voted for anyone? Come on now! This is stinkier than overcooked bok choy. You're making me as salty as a can of black olives. Apollo, please do some more reads than your barebones list. I know you're phoneposting, so if you can't do a reads list because it's annoying, just have more interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Ok, I can follow this, but why not at least make a post saying basically this at eod? Ppl r gonna think ur a frozen wolf otherwise
What Phil said, mrmpht.

Quote:
"honey, i'm living rent-free in your head!" -me to just about everyone in this game
Quote:
you scared?
No, look at what I did.
Want to share a bowl of ramen?

Quote:
oh goddammit, i'm at what? l-3?

i'm the vigi you clods. i shot dora last night.

i was also not roleblocked so either dora got saved, or i popped a vest.
See my point earlier!

Quote:
Seeing as we have no counterclaims for Boomer I'm gonna take his claim as true, and he's actually here unlike our Cop who's turned into a ghost since claiming

Which reminds me of a game where a wolf claimed cop and our actual cop got lynched
Not everyone's been in the thread yet, though! Counterclaims shmounterclaims, mrmpht.

Quote:
Dora better vote than Cherry today.
Flurry, you're doing all the wrong things. This looks opportunistic. If we weren't working with the vigi claim and solving Dora today, I would have my vote on you right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
Well as much as id like to live I don't think doctor/blocker outting themselves is worth it just to clear me soooo

I'll probably just try to do as much as I can today and let the chips fall
I agree with the first line, but I think you've got a lot of work cut out for you.

Quote:
I'd tend to trust Boomer on this one.

Also, if he was fake; he would get CC'd by the real Vigi.
So, town blocker -> Boomer is the only scenario that could pull a wrench in this game imo.
Once again, not everyone has been here, blahblabhalbh.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:50 PM   #1164
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Punchy's 600 mile long posts are hard to read, but I can see he's putting in work... As much as I hate to do this and I promised myself I wouldn't for this game, the style of which they're doing it reminds me of someone and I'm pretty sure it's one of two people that I can think of
Old 03-10-2020, 11:50 PM   #1165
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Cherry is totally null in my mind, Punchy. I can't ever remember anything they've said/done other than talk about when Animal Crossing is coming out.

I'll go look at her read of Zucker, I guess.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:52 PM   #1166
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Hey I've had interactions!
Old 03-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #1167
TWG Phil
FFR Player

nah, I don't really care about that, that's analysis that they did today, not yesterday. I don't really think I would even call that "a read on Zucker"

A read on Chief, however, I can see, and I didn't even realize Chief had done that. I was more talking about when Chief gave his reads list for the first day and it had Zucker as town for not very much reasoning.

THAT part makes me like Cherry a little bit.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #1168
TWG Del
FFR Player

Not a ton of time tonight; but figured I'd give my info quickly.

I tried to check Dora, got blocked. Shocker eh!
Old 03-10-2020, 11:54 PM   #1169
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Wait a second, where the hell is Chief? I forgot he even existed
Old 03-10-2020, 11:55 PM   #1170
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post

Oh? Well now, this is interesting news indeed
Old 03-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #1171
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

While you're here Del, do you believe Boomer's claim? You're one of a handful who haven't commented on it
Old 03-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #1172
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post

hi, i love you right about now
Old 03-10-2020, 11:57 PM   #1173
TWG Del
FFR Player

I'm not caught up, but I remember boomer looking pretty sus for voting me without saying anything, then switching to zucker without saying anything otherwise. Urgency might be a factor for the latter, but still a bit ehh.

If not Boomer, I would be surprised if there wasn't a wolf or even 2 that piled on zucker. will tune in during class tmrw.

also: taking a couple days helped me calm down on julian a bit, I'm less annoyed, but still think an all-in strat on a single person on d0 isn't very towny, which is how I remember it unless I'm still a bit jaded and have whatever the opposite of rose tinted glasses are.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:58 PM   #1174
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Oh? Well now, this is interesting news indeed
Well del was definitely told she was blocked, which argues that boomer would have been as well. Gonna wait for Isabelle though
Old 03-10-2020, 11:58 PM   #1175
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Idk where vote count is, but with only one person left who hasn't appeared I think it's safe to say Boomer and Del are legit

Dora I want blood, sweat and tears coming from your ass in the next 24 hours or your house is going to look like a hurricane hit it when we're done with you.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:59 PM   #1176
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
While you're here Del, do you believe Boomer's claim? You're one of a handful who haven't commented on it
if you can cite me to his claim specifically I can comment quickly, otherwise gonna have to wait half a day for me to catch up once i have time (would rather do all catching up at once)
Old 03-10-2020, 11:59 PM   #1177
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

So, if I were to condense all of that into a convenient reads list, it would look something like this! These tiers are all in an order like a number line, where the people at the top of the town pool are more towny, and the people at the end of the wolf pool are more wolfy.

Hope this helps you digest my bigger posts, but I will still hound you if you don't answer my questions, mrmpht!

Town (tasty as onigiri)
Del
Boomer
Julian
Agent S
Eugene

Slight town (tasty as a nice bowl of cereal)
Cherry
Rolf

Slightly above town but has done something that I don't like (like slightly dry macaroni and cheese)
Phil

Null (like white bread)
Tank
Molly
Maple
Chrissy

Re-evaluating (like the different varieties of onions)
Chief

Slightly wolfy (stinky like overcooked bok choy)
Fauna
Mathilda

Wolfy (gross like burnt garlic)
Apollo
Flurry
Dora
Old 03-10-2020, 11:59 PM   #1178
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

IF you're town, that is
Old 03-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #1179
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Hey I've had interactions!
Yes, but I want more, with gusto! Be bold with your spices, don't be bland, mrmpht. Nobody likes a bland bowl of ramen. Then it's just hot water with noodles. Gross!
Old 03-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #1180
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
oh goddammit, i'm at what? l-3?

i'm the vigi you clods. i shot dora last night.

i was also not roleblocked so either dora got saved, or i popped a vest.
Del here it is
Closed Thread