彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 08-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #1042
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXI - The Reaper's Game - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I'm shooting a movie scene today and have to drive 3 hours back home afterwards, no idea when ill get there. So you all know, I'm absent today.
yo good luck dude!!
Old 08-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #1043
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Catching up now, was at karaoke all last night and am still hungover lol. Catching up now. Also I will not be lynching outside of the MML wagon today.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #1044
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now. Catching up now.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #1045
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Sunfan looks best out of entire wagon so far. His vote was on post 80. I'm confused about DBP's post about how 'cel and sunfan' are not going to die today.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #1046
Xiz
TWG Chaos

DBP if you want to discuss that thing yesterday let me know, not sure if it's relevant anymore though. Regardless of that, DBP was blue hunting. Null on other three atm.

dbp

Old 08-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #1047
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Cel I'm put off by your 'blaming blindreaper' post because there are a lot of people to blame in comparison, and I don't even think blind is at most to blame for it.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #1048
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Now Im ded
And fuk u
Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #1049
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Sunfan looks best out of entire wagon so far. His vote was on post 80.
Going off this, sunfan read today isn't based solely off this. I actually have reedited this post like 4 times now either putting sunfan as weak scum or null and I dont know rofl

Old 08-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #1050
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Not gonna quote cause lolmobilequoting but my main stance change is on sunfan, I'm getting really bad flashbacks to the last game he rolled wolf in, in which he didn't really do anything that much and then made apologies for having a hard time, which is really similar to here. Combined with my tinfoil theory, not looking good for my d0 friend. It's weird too because it seems people are backing off on him
I think the part about me not doing that much is kind of unfair, because I do think I have done a lot.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #1051
the sun fan
FFR Player

Haku u had a lot to respond to but I'll try to touch on all of it.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #1052
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Do you think XelNya is town ?
resetting on him, not concluded yet

Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #1053
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Going to go by the logical wrong assumption that everyone in the entire game is town and focus on |nonsense and weird things| because if I target players, the game will end before I finish complaining.

The reason has to do with the idea that 10/13 players are town and if I start applying my scum lean expectations to everyone, it's not going to end well.

Keeping this as reference for myself:

D0:

== Scanning thread ==

#15: (blind)

What does town Blind gain from that (?)

I understand that you can pull crazy plays, but really it's like you're taking a risk with little room for a reward.

#80: (Sunfan)

No matter how hard I look and try to scum read MML, this just felt way too early. It felt more like shade than some sort of pressure vote with towny intentions.

What made you assume that MML has a game plan? I feel like town Sunfan may have simply left a "pressure vote" and moved on.

This post is telling me that it won't work in the future, but it doesn't deny that it may have worked for this game which is very confusing if your goal is to make me town read you by rejecting my read.

#112 (Xel)

Why try to shut down a push "that seems pointless" (?)

#121 (Manti)

That was a weird entrance because I cannot explain why you would post that even if it's true. It's just giving me unnecessary silly vibes of "haha, you made my game easier". I can't really expand beyond that without looking weird either.

So, that post just made me go: "why?" and honestly you can probably answer whatever you want and I won't be able to do anything about it.

#134 (FreezinIce)

I guess I'll tell you the same thing as I told ShadoWolfe. You probably should quit using anything that counts as "appeal to emotions" unless the timing is specifically calling for it with me. I just don't even want to read into it anymore and I tend to automatically scum read anyone who seems to be taking advantage of it. That's probably one of the reasons why I tend to scum read a lot of players lately.

#136 (blind)

Looks like you were pointing at potential distancing here. I don't know if there's more you would want to develop at this point. W/W is no longer possible, but maybe W/T was a thing.

I don't see it sorry. Celirra was fairly null at this point.

#151: (Gradiant)

I kind of get why you posted "don't do this", but I simply don't really see the gain for town.

#166 (MML)

Not gonna lie, I somehow skipped this and I feel bad for it because I remember that hidden "Eiffel 65 - Blue" link.

I'm going to assume the majority didn't notice this and were too busy doing other things. It's definitely possible the wagon actually contain maybe 1-2 wolves, but I wouldn't bet the game on it.

#168 (blind)

I'm pretty sure this is just an act, but I can't decide for sure which side that makes him because maybe blind just really doesn't trust me at all. I still feel like there's some odd absence of game plan and I can't tell for sure what's going on here.

#175 (Celirra)

Seems to be playing with fire for little to no reason which is worrying me.

This is really odd because first he's taking a quote that's not even addressed to him out of context and he's taking a stance that I cannot particularly understand either. This is also lacking explanation as to why he has this stance himself which is making evaluation difficult.

#193 (XelNya/Haku) -early game stuff-

There's something awkward about getting voted by someone I don't have a read on and continuing on that person's thought process about another person who I'm not sure how to read because the game just started. I just said things as they were to me, but I get your point.

I guess my reads before this post are bad and you can discard them. I just need to throw more effort in that game and stop being lazy.

Gotta sleep because almost 7 am and I've been slow and clearly had the wrong idea on a couple of things.
1) its not a crazy risk. because no one would take it seriously.

2) well, it was a pressure vote for the most part. I do regret not moving it from a later point onwards because I should've even if I did think Lar was pretty scummy, it was bad to park a vote on him, even if he was a wolf. I didn't assume he had a game plan, I said it felt like he didn't have a plan this time to me. Last turbo, while I read very little of the game, I saw a few posts from inDheart and I think similarly to Yoshl got the right read on him because I had no idea what he was saying when I really should have had that idea. This type of read on Lar was potentially jumping the gun, which is why I feel bad about leaving it on him for as long as I did. But you are wrong, it was a pressure vote for the most part.

3) My goal wasn't to make you townread me, it was to tell you why that kind of read doesn't work on me. If you think that it may have worked this game, then I would counter with this type of post really can only be made and meant when someone believes in what they are saying. If that didn't make sense, I'll try it this way instead. Look back a bit, the whole reason my default status on discord is set to "don't ever show what game I am playing" is because I know you were reading me based partly on that. I guess you don't recall me mentioning that I know you read me based on that at AN, I think I made a joke during Secret Hitler about you townreading me by me saying "Well, I haven't been playing Civ 5, so I understand"

4) A fair question. I think its just how Xel is as a player/person is all.

5) Definitely deeper than I would've looked into this post, unfortunately I do agree with your conclusion, I am rather sure Manti as either alignment could say anything and nothing really would come of this.

6) I think this makes me understand how you read people a bit better, because I wasn't sure if you were aware that you were doing this, but clearly you are. But I suppose that this isn't relevant.

7) Yeah I don't know why either and I do think that was weird at the time. I also think he explained why later.

8) I do agree with Jake that concluding someone's alignment from mechanics posts is very dumb almost all of the time, and that doing it on me is basically pointless. That's what is in it for town out of that.

9) I don't see the soft there, but I can't listen to the music atm so if that's part of it that's why I don't see it.

10) Next two posts are, imo, just shitposts.

11) I think he posted that he misunderstood at the time? You'd have to be more specific about what you don't understand about his conclusion, it seems like its possible to follow to me.

12) Nothing to say here.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #1054
the sun fan
FFR Player

roundbox might be the weirdest read to me atm
he seems too... friendly? Not that's he not normally friendly, but its like slightly below Truman's neighbors from The Truman Show to where its so nice that I'm not sure if I believe its all completely legit.

I don't know if that's even relevant but its what it feels like to me right now.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #1055
the sun fan
FFR Player

the point he made about Freezin's vote on Lar yesterday was like... really good imo. If he made that up as a wolf it is impressive, and I don't think its anywhere near impossible for him to have made it up as a wolf or for Freezin/roundbox to not be any combinations of both alignments, but like... if he's a wolf he thought of something really deep really, really quickly.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #1056
the sun fan
FFR Player

Xiz talk to me please

Old 08-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #1057
the sun fan
FFR Player

tell me how you feel on a few people and I tell you how I feel about how you feel

Old 08-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #1058
the sun fan
FFR Player

if you want me to tell you how I feel about people that works too but I'm just nowhere near solid

Old 08-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #1059
the sun fan
FFR Player

Manti/Freezin/Gradiant?
that's a little scary

Old 08-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #1060
the sun fan
FFR Player

maybe I shouldn't think about that kind of thing, this game feels like even I did get the team right it wouldn't feel good to me
like it wouldn't feel "right"

Closed Thread