Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-1-2007, 02:06 PM   #1001
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBxVg-ojYw

If you don't know how hard it is to become this skilled and am unable to see how good they are just by watching this video then you don't know what you're talking about like we've said. Just because you've gotten all 292 trophies and have beaten all modes in very hard doesn't mean you know everything about the game. In fact it could still mean that you know hardly anything about it yet, are good enough to beat all-star mode on very hard which isn't very easy to do, which seems to be the case for you Squeek. Fastliketree used to be the best in texas before he quit. In that video he is playing who imo is the best in the world. I've played fastliketree in Austin and was barely 2 stocked.( he had 124%). I would 4 stock you so fast your head would spin. Stop arguing about a game you think you know so much about.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 02:08 PM   #1002
zidart
FFR Player

ok guys cut it out, you can't say for sure that squeek sucks, an squeek can't say that he can beat you all up either (i think he never said it) because you never playe with each other.

anyway today's update meta knight final smash... the typical "if you're not too close bye bye power" but still looks awesome.

Last edited by zidart; 11-1-2007 at 02:18 PM..
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 02:26 PM   #1003
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

I don't see how you could have time to 100% complete smash, but not have time to play competitively. It's a matter of choice.

By your logic the farthest I can honestly agree with is that you're good at the single player aspect of the game. When It comes to multiplayer you're pretty horrible. Anyone can be good against AI it only does so many different things. After awhile it becomes repititive and you KNOW what the computer is going to do before they even do it. IMO beating the single player just shows you care about detail. You aren't going to be "good" if you play the same way played against the computer. It just isn't going to work on humans.

So I say Multiplayer Good > Singleplayer Good. In reference to smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 03:08 PM   #1004
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
So I say Multiplayer Good > Singleplayer Good. In reference to smash Bros.
You can't really say for sure until the game comes out. I mean, the multiplayer can be really good, but could also be really laggy. The single player is what it is. If the multiplayer is laggy to a point, I'll prefer single.
Old 11-1-2007, 03:18 PM   #1005
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

No you can always say for sure that mulitplayer good is better. If you play against humans your always going to get better than by playing computers.

DUH
Old 11-1-2007, 03:33 PM   #1006
slickskater29
FFR Player

Unlike other games, there is much more to this game than 100% completion. That's why I say you don't know anything about this game.
Old 11-1-2007, 03:50 PM   #1007
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

So, then, you honestly say nobody can be good at this game until they play predetermined matches against specific individuals.

That is what I wanted to hear you say.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Other people are saying you can be "good" at the game without needing to play others. I agree with that statement. They go on to say you can't be even remotely close to the best without playing others. I also agree with that.

The way it goes, for me, is noob --- good --- expert. There are three divisions. A noob is someone who hasn't even beaten the single player campaign or rarely even plays the game. A good player occasionally plays against other people and has beaten the single-player campaign with all (or most) of the trophies. An expert is someone who goes beyond the single-player campaign and casual multi-player play and focuses on multi-player play for a long, long time.

I'm not an expert. I'm "good", as I've said many, many times.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-1-2007 at 03:56 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 04:26 PM   #1008
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Seriously dude just shut up already.
Old 11-1-2007, 04:35 PM   #1009
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
No you can always say for sure that mulitplayer good is better. If you play against humans your always going to get better than by playing computers.

DUH
lol, true that. I completly forgot about the non-wifi multiplayer which obviously will not have lag. So yes, multiplayer will be better.
Old 11-1-2007, 05:22 PM   #1010
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Seriously dude just shut up already.
A compelling argument! Your credible sources cited only continue to back up your impressive data distribution!

If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, don't post.

My last post was a concession. You'd know if you actually read my posts without your heavy bias.
Old 11-1-2007, 05:26 PM   #1011
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

I just want to say that since my attempts to mediate this argument and have each side see the other's point of view, reasoning, and agree that the other side is right (since both sides are) have utterly and completely failed, I'm not going to bother posting anything in relation to the debate or argument anymore. It doesn't have any effect, so there's no point.

In other news, Metaknight's final smash has been officially announced. He throws his cape out, and slashes anyone inside it for massive damage and knockback, more or less.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 06:11 PM   #1012
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Oh i've tried arguing my point but your head is so far up your ass you're unable to understand anything that anyones tried telling you. You suck at this game. You know less about it than you think. L cancelling and wave dashing isn't cheating. You just suck too much to be able to keep up so you complain to us about how it's unfair. If you play with items then you more than likely suck at this game. 100% completion means nothing to most people. I am well aware that your post was a concession. Regardless to that fact, you're categorizing in 3 lvls which is dumb.

first timers-You don't even know how to jump.

noob-You don't know how to smash attack.

still a noob but getting better-You don't know how to triple jump very well.

proof you know how to play the game-You know how to triple jump and smash in the designated direction you intend to aim for. You can beat all modes on normal.

novice-fully You can do all the above and have completed the game 100% on all difficulties.

decent-You can do all of the above and are able to demonstrate some skill in mulitplayer

good-all the above and a demonstration of good timing and knowledge of characters in mulitplayer

really good-all the above and demonstration of serious skill with your character. You're average smash player doesn't stand a chance.

You've got serious skills-Your friends don't want to play you. They get excited when they are able to hit your character. You have dedicated yourself to the game and to your character and find people at your skill level very seldom.

PRO-You have mastered this game. Your ability to demonstrate the mastery of your character is obvious. You understand which throw does what and allows for what combos. you understand the distance to all of your characters abilities whether its your characters reg attacks, smash attacks, jump, short jump, grabs, etc. You move quickly on the battlefield and get to the point. If your friends aren't pros, then even if they've got serious skill they don't stand a chance. Everyone you play gets 4 stocked quickly leaving an impression of pure ownage and humiliation.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt Squeek and say you're decent.
Old 11-1-2007, 06:22 PM   #1013
arsonistsgetallthegirls
FFR Player

Is this thread ever focused on SSBB?
All i see when i post here is someone whining about how MLG is kewl/****ty.
If it's not that, then someone is posting a seven page bitchfit about how squeek isn't good because he doesn't play multiplayer heavily, followed by squeek's post about how the above mentioned bitchfit is wrong (dispite knowing the argument is pointless, because you have never played anyone here to my knowing). Shut the **** up and talk about metaknight's mediocre final smash.

Thank you, and have a lovely evening.

[Trust me, This user is your friend.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeron View Post
Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
Wait, What?
arsonistsgetallthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 06:37 PM   #1014
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Lots of other stuff, followed by:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt Squeek and say you're decent.
Good enough for me.

By the way, you've never asked me if I do use these things I consider glitches. And the answer is yes. I do. I specifically didn't call them "cheats" because I do use some of them. For example, you would absolutely suck at Home Run Contest if you couldn't L-Cancel. But L-canceling is nothing without Short Hopping as well in HRC.

The difference is I don't use them against other people. I've always been a multiplayer purist. I consider cheating to be perfectly acceptable when you're alone. I mean, who's around to tell you not to? Feel free to hack, cheat, whatever. But once multiplayer comes around, that all changes.

The difference here is that these techniques aren't cheats. I just consider them unfair advantages. You don't. That's why we're having this argument. I'll obviously never change my viewpoint on this, though it doesn't help that people from Nintendo use Snaking in Mario Kart online matches =(

So, just so we're all clear now, I'm absolutely finished. I am a terrible multiplayer gamer at Super Smash Brothers Melee and would probably lose against every single person in this thread in a standard match, items or not. I will extensively practice in Brawl before playing anyone to confirm or deny this statement. I anticipate our future matches.

In other news, MetaKnight is looking crappier every day. I mean, he's my favorite character from the Kirby series, but he's just looking horrible. He has no range to him at all.
Old 11-1-2007, 07:27 PM   #1015
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
In other news, MetaKnight is looking crappier every day. I mean, he's my favorite character from the Kirby series, but he's just looking horrible. He has no range to him at all.
IGN got a demo, and stated that Metaknight seemed to be the best so far. Interesting. I personally hope Sheik still exists.

Quote:
So, then, you honestly say nobody can be good at this game until they play predetermined matches against specific individuals.

That is what I wanted to hear you say.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
This is probably beating a dead horse, seeing as how you resolved it, but I don't think that was what he was trying to say. It's really tough to get really, really good unless you play against other people (and practice practice practice x 1000 the techniques you consider to be cheating in multiplayer), and unless you play others better than you the bar is generally stuck at being able to beat a few lvl 9's teamed against you. Of course, he didn't deny your accusation, so maybe I'm wrong.
Old 11-1-2007, 07:39 PM   #1016
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I never beat the game on any difficulty higher than very easy. lolol

I got all characters and stages, and proceeded to multiplayer... but I'm still the best smasher within 5 hours around me.

ps Look forward to playing you online, Squeek. If you'll play a wavedasher like me, that is.
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 07:46 PM   #1017
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
This is probably beating a dead horse, seeing as how you resolved it, but I don't think that was what he was trying to say. It's really tough to get really, really good unless you play against other people.
Really, really good != good.

I know I can't be an expert at a game without playing all aspects of it (this would include multiplayer). I know I can be good at a game without that, though.

I acknowledge that people who go to tournaments are probably better than I am due to their far-reaching experience with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastedNoob View Post
ps Look forward to playing you online, Squeek. If you'll play a wavedasher like me, that is.
You can't WD in Brawl, but even if you could, I'd try to compete against it at least once.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-1-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old 11-1-2007, 08:06 PM   #1018
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I know... but I'll do some other glitches. Not really, but if I find anything that helps me win. I'm using it. =X
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 08:14 PM   #1019
zidart
FFR Player

finally the fight it's over.....does anyone live in palm harbor florida? i have a starve for a smash right now XD (with someone else other than my friends) and by the way i give up, i don't care if it's a wavedasher or not....i have to accept the fact that in this country wavedash is something very common (but it doesn't mean i'm gonna use them)

now my opinion of metaknight's final smash.... well only a real pro would hit someone else with that attack (depending the range wich im not sure yet the distance but i'm just doing a theory) it's obvious that if a meta knight grabs the smash ball everyone else is gonna run away from them... so you're gonna need a very good trap to use the attack, but i guess it's powerful enough to be worth the try
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 08:32 PM   #1020
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

How close is palm harbor from Disney World?