Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-3-2007, 12:37 PM   #81
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR
Default Re: TWG XLIX: Another unnamed TWG!?!

so far, alain seems like he's saying a lot of nothing.
Old 08-3-2007, 02:05 PM   #82
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Then you need to read more carefully.
Old 08-3-2007, 02:27 PM   #83
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

y helo thar psuedo-content
Old 08-3-2007, 03:32 PM   #84
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain
As to why the seer wouldn't just come out, I have a simple reason - not everything talisman says goes. While his strategy works, potentially, it's not entirely appealing to the seer.
It's not exactly "my" strategy -- it's basically the strategy used in standard games with a seer and a guardian. As far as "potentially" goes, it has proven its worth several times in the past.

Quote:
If I were the seer, my strategy would probably be to keep it a secret, collect any information I could, until either I were at risk of being lynched, or there was a point when I could tell 3 or 4 people who I most trusted at the moment because I felt I had something useful to contribute.
If you were the seer, I'd hope you'd come out because you're going to be high on the wolves list because of your activity and won't last long enough to gather that information without guaranteed night time protection.

Quote:
If you come out as seer before then, you're not doing anyone any favours because you don't know jack about anything yet, any more than a normal human does, and also all you're doing is forcing the guardian to always have protecting you in high consideration, and giving the wolves free dibs on many other valuable players that are now at lesser odds of being guarded.
Coming out as soon as possible has nothing to do with doing anybody favors or revealing information. It's just about locking up the guardian's protection, which should be 100% on the seer every night. No player is more valuable than the seer.

Quote:
That's why if I were the seer, I wouldn't come out, in fact, I might even lie about it at first. That's probably why the seer hasn't come out yet, and won't until he has a good reason.

That being said, the seer probably isn't a Newb sheep like most of the players that would have followed Talisman's advice to the T.
Basically, you're the seer? My money's either on you or tps, anyway.

---

The only reason I can think of for sertman's death was that the wolves were thinking that the seer was thinking that the wolves would go for a high value target and thus pick a slightly lower value target. That or sertman told somebody that he was blue and didn't post it. That or xero did it because he and sert weren't getting along. Or it was an attempt to frame xero. Something like that.
Old 08-3-2007, 03:44 PM   #85
X3R0H0UR
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to X3R0H0UR

---

The only reason I can think of for sertman's death was that the wolves were thinking that the seer was thinking that the wolves would go for a high value target and thus pick a slightly lower value target. That or sertman told somebody that he was blue and didn't post it. That or xero did it because he and sert weren't getting along. Or it was an attempt to frame xero. Something like that.[/quote]

me hating sert isn't new, and framing me would be worthless. But if it saves my hide from a lynch I'll keep it, I don't wanna die to yet another lynch.
Old 08-3-2007, 03:44 PM   #86
X3R0H0UR
FFR Player

quote failed.
Old 08-3-2007, 04:00 PM   #87
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden View Post
This leaves the posiblility of either LD, Sertman, or Kilga being the seer, and a lot of people could still be the guardian.
12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA View Post
Sertman has been found dead.
Am I the only one who found something wierd with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 08-3-2007, 04:11 PM   #88
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

lmao death post

they probably thought i was the guardian because i've been one about half the games i play so they figured it was worth a shot

in any case i don't have to pay attention to this game anymore woohoo

Old 08-3-2007, 11:11 PM   #89
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Gotta safety TPS before the night is over. Heading back to college tomorrow afternoon and if all goes according to plan, I should have internet access when I get there. Basically, he was the first to comment after sert's death that I sort of expected a different comment from. Weak reason, I admit. Hopefully I'll be back on tomorrow evening to reevaluate and revote.
-Bowser
Old 08-4-2007, 12:56 AM   #90
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Each of my first post's have been unique. Pay attention.
Old 08-4-2007, 01:10 AM   #91
alainbryden
Seen your member

TPS I agree that the strategy has worked in the past but I feel there is a lot to be gained from the wolves not knowing exactly who is being guarded every night. Even if the seer is valuable because he has the best players pulling his strings, a ****ty seer is worthless if he's dead.

I still think the seer should spend his days quietly looking at the top players or suspicious players, and only come out as seer if he's found a wolf and needs lynching help, or if he is at risk of being lynched by suspicious humans.

To each their own.

As for DarkManticore's suggestion that my post may be related to the nights wolfing, it's most likely that the wolf vote was put in long before my post, as the host posted the result only when he came online.
Even if they read my post, the wolves, collectively, should be smart enough to know that nothing I said prove anything, it was all based on the very unlikely condition that everyone who had said anything so far had been telling the truth.

Also, FoJaR has my vote for now. He still hasn't said he's human, only that he's not the seer, and while any intelligent wolf would have just lied early on with the rest of them, or simply said nothing about their role at all, he's awkwardly thrown it in at the start of day two when he saw what I was doing, and offered little other contribution. It's a weak resting place for my vote, but a resting place nonetheless. He's at the top of my list, not that much differentiates him from the other top 4 on my list.

Last edited by alainbryden; 08-4-2007 at 01:13 AM..
Old 08-4-2007, 02:29 AM   #92
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

This is my last chance to vote before the day ends.

vote: alainbryden because he basically said "so yeah, seer, if you listen to talisman's standard ****ing strategy, you are a 'Newb sheep'."

Whatever, it's kind of a safety anyway.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 08-4-2007, 02:50 AM   #93
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

Edit or whatever: Uh, actually I guess I'll be online in the morning before I leave.

So okay, vote is subject to change.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 08-4-2007, 03:50 AM   #94
Tps222
FFR Player

Alain: I'll assume you meant Talisman.
Old 08-4-2007, 09:18 AM   #95
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Alain, Your point is valid, But the longer it is before the seer comes out, the more likely it is for a wolf to slip in as the seer, decieve everyone, and win the game. As it is, we've lost one potential seer already. This situation should be remedied before we loose another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 08-4-2007, 11:27 AM   #96
alainbryden
Seen your member

No, obviously the seer has to come out if someone fakes being seer. That's a given.

TPS, I did mean Talisman. Thanks for correcting that.

Toph - Ok
Old 08-4-2007, 11:32 AM   #97
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

i'm gonna vote for talisman
Old 08-4-2007, 12:32 PM   #98
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden View Post
No, obviously the seer has to come out if someone fakes being seer. That's a given.

TPS, I did mean Talisman. Thanks for correcting that.

Toph - Ok
It wont work though if the seer IS dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 08-4-2007, 12:59 PM   #99
Tps222
FFR Player

Well, if we are playing a game if probability, and going on an assumption that the seer didn't reveal himself to a wolf (which makes no sense, with the public asking for him to come out) the wolves killing the seer without knowing it definitely was the seer and then taking the risk as faking to be them is infintessimaly small. The only knoe who'd even try that is me, and I already denied seer'ship.
Old 08-4-2007, 01:04 PM   #100
X3R0H0UR
FFR Player

DBP ****ed up, no one got the seer PM. Seriously though, has anyone even talked to anyone to give us something to go on today?