Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #81
marioGP87
Shiny Zoroa :')
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to marioGP87 Send a message via Yahoo to marioGP87
Default Re: Saddam's Execution

*sigh* either way im glad that idiot died. he killed 82,000 shiiti muslims (no, i'm not one of them), that's genocide!!!!!! he was like hitler (who died by killing himself by shooting himself).

Best AAA: Famouz (HEAVY UNLOCK!)
marioGP87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #82
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioGP87 View Post
*sigh* either way im glad that idiot died. he killed 82,000 shiiti muslims (no, i'm not one of them), that's genocide!!!!!! he was like hitler (who died by killing himself by shooting himself).
Well he himself didn't kill them but he was responsible for their deaths.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #83
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Well he himself didn't kill them but he was responsible for their deaths.
I guess we should hang Bush then because of all the deaths caused by the Iraq war, occupation, and following civil war?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #84
Amaste
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I guess we should hang Bush then because of all the deaths caused by the Iraq war, occupation, and following civil war?
To my knowlege Bush hasn't gone to Los Angeles and nerve gassed the entire city for ****s and giggles because he doesn't like the people there.
<.<
Amaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #85
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaste View Post
To my knowlege Bush hasn't gone to Los Angeles and nerve gassed the entire city for ****s and giggles because he doesn't like the people there.
<.<
No, he just called for the invasion, occupation, and overthrow of the government of a country who, despite being anti-America, was actually not militaristically hostile toward us prior to this.

And, unless I'm mistaken, Saddam did not kill people just for "****s and giggles". He did it because he had something to gain from doing it. Obviously, that is still terrible, but killing with reason is better than without, even if the reason is not justifiable to others.

ps
Quote:
he doesn't like the people there.
Sounds a lot like Bush's (and many other ignorant American rednecks) mentality towards the people of the middle east.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #86
waffydude
FFR Player

Quote:
And, unless I'm mistaken, Saddam did not kill people just for "****s and giggles". He did it because he had something to gain from doing it. Obviously, that is still terrible, but killing with reason is better than without, even if the reason is not justifiable to others.
Quote:
...overthrow of the government of a country who, despite being anti-America, was actually not militaristically hostile toward us prior to this.
Just playing devil's advocate here... But wouldn't the fact that they are anti-America be a reason for Bush? That they, given the chance or opportunity, may be likely to be hostile toward America? Even if it's not justifiable to others- by your reasoning that wouldn't matter, as long as it's any reason at all.

I'm not taking either side as far as the war goes; I just don't think your argument is really the most logical way of putting it.
waffydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #87
Amaste
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
No, he just called for the invasion, occupation, and overthrow of the government of a country who, despite being anti-America, was actually not militaristically hostile toward us prior to this.

psSounds a lot like Bush's (and many other ignorant American rednecks) mentality towards the people of the middle east.
My bad, but i seem to remember a time not *too* long on the global scale when Saddam invaded a neighboring country then refused to give it back. Took a couple months of US positioning, 2 weeks of fighting and a pre-war trident surfacing to end that stand off :P Considering that plus the restrictions placed on him after said botched invasion, the 9/11 terror attacks, and the simple fact that the president is the son of the president who gave the orders to march on his country, i don't think its a far stretch of the imagination to think he would allow Al Qaeda members to hold up in Iraq. Granted Saddam wasn't a Mao (or even a Hitler for that matter) on the geonocide scale, thats still a hefty little chop off the top there.
Amaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 AM   #88
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaste View Post
My bad, but i seem to remember a time not *too* long on the global scale when Saddam invaded a neighboring country then refused to give it back.
This has nothing to do with the United States. We made ourselves get involved. It's not as though the neighboring country was USA territory or even a close ally like UK is.

Quote:
Considering that plus the restrictions placed on him after said botched invasion, the 9/11 terror attacks
The terror attacks of September 11th have absolutely nothing to do with Iraq, other than the fact that there are some retards out there that think Iraq had something to do with it.

Quote:
and the simple fact that the president is the son of the president who gave the orders to march on his country
This is completely irrelevent.

Quote:
i don't think its a far stretch of the imagination to think he would allow Al Qaeda members to hold up in Iraq.
What does this have to do with anything? We're not in Iraq because they may be harboring terrorist. The official reason now for the invasion was to liberate the people. Isn't doublethink great?]
Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #89
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the United States. We made ourselves get involved. It's not as though the neighboring country was USA territory or even a close ally like UK is.
Since when do we consider varying degrees of ally? An ally is an ally, and just because they're not as big as Britain doesn't mean we're any less justified in aiding them.

Quote:
The terror attacks of September 11th have absolutely nothing to do with Iraq
No, but Iraq had PLENTY to do with the group that carried out those attacks.

Afro, do you understand that you're trying to put George W. Bush on the level of Saddam Hussein? Despite what holes in his argument that you may find or may make up, such a comparison is ludicrous, and you know that.

You started this argument because of a sentence that was poorly constructed, but which also didn't need to be better constructed due to the aforementioned ludicre that a poor construction might suggest!

Unless you actually believe that Bush is as evil as Saddam Hussein, just drop it, because this is a stupid and pointless argument.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

--Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #90
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Chill out, Guido. I'm just having some fun.

Obviously Bush isn't anywhere near as bad as Saddam. He's probably around half as bad as Saddam... at least Bush can make a claim of invading the country to liberate its peoples (wouldn't it have been hilarious if that had been Iraq's claim?), even if that "reason" is pretty much totally bunk.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #91
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Hey where's that thing on Afro supporting the death of lots of people from some Chit Chat thread or something, where everyone made a huge deal about it?

Link plz
Old 01-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #92
shade11
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah, let's just go over to the middle east and kill everyone because they all might have been behind 9/11.

I don't see why people are so happy about him being executed. What has he done that you have ever seen first hand? He could be a made up person and you'd never even know, so why care about it? Yeah, sure, I'm sure that he really is a real person and that he really did terrible things, but I just don't see how people can care when it doesn't affect them. I mean, I guess you could have a relative or friend in Iraq, but the US invaded Iraq, not the other way around. We instigated the fight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Don't be so easily swayed. Support his execution, sure, that's fine, but be happy about it? That's just silly.
Afrobean actually proves a good point here. On one hand, yes he has done terrible things before. But on the other hand, Bush had no right to use the American troops and invade Iraq. Was Iraq really involved in this so called, "War on Terror?" I think not.

I'm not saying that Saddam isn't a bad person, and I'm not saying that he didn't deserve death. I am saying that Iraq was probably better off without America getting involved.

Last edited by shade11; 01-17-2007 at 02:22 AM..
shade11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #93
Tisthammerw
FFR Player

Quote:
Bush isn't my favorite president, but keep in mind Bush did not deliberately target the murder of civilians--Saddam did.
Tisthammerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #94
shade11
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisthammerw View Post
Bush isn't my favorite president, but keep in mind Bush did not deliberately target the murder of civilians--Saddam did.
Yes but Bush did send thousands and thousands of troops to their demise.
shade11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:35 AM   #95
dballin4
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dballin4 Send a message via MSN to dballin4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
Well, Bush asked for war, so he got war. And a good way to win war is to go for the opponent's leader......of course, Bush was about 2 years late. Moving on.

I think that what Bush didn't see is that Saddam has followers that can basically take his place. Captain Jack died, yet we still have those that support him, and he has a son to "take his place".

So, unless Saddam's death deals a great emotional blow to the loyalists, the war is probably gonna get worse.
Did you honestly just compare Saddam Hussein to Captain Jack?

As for this thread, I refuse to post anything before actually researching the topic. I have not done so, mainly because I don't really care about Saddam or the Iraqi government. If you want a purely opinionated statement on my feelings toward the War on Terror/Iraq, I think it's a bunch of bull****. We've got more domestic problems we should be worrying about before worrying about everyone else. If I decide to partake in this lovely, little argument you've got here, I'll look some stuff up. I'd advise the rest of you to do the same before making asses out of yourselves.

Last edited by dballin4; 01-18-2007 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: lol grammar
dballin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #96
Tisthammerw
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade11 View Post
Yes but Bush did send thousands and thousands of troops to their demise.
I'm not happy with his decision to go to war either, but there's a difference between what Bush did and what Saddam did. Saddam deliberately murdered innocent civilians. Bush--for all his failings--at least does military targets. Morally, he's still ahead of serial killers.
Tisthammerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #97
FRANKKK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

yeah bush is dumb, but what Tisthammerw said, hes not murdering people like saddam did.
FRANKKK is offline   Reply With Quote