Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #81
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: So my hometown made it into Yahoo News...

All the studies, logic, and even your inordinate stubborness ssbmchamp, are all secondary, imo, when your opinions make you an asshole.

spitfire: I personally find that most people who hold opinions like ssbmchamp's are always hardworkers, many of them who have overcome some sort of hardship, and are very proud of themselves for it. This often makes them not the most successful. This experience, (especially when coupled with an inability to perceive what someone else goes through), makes someone think 'If I can do it, then they can too.' When someone fails, they attribute it to laziness or someone trying to only get personal gain and they're immune or just don't care that they're getting something from someone else.
Of course, in ssbmchamp's case, he/she has taken this to a meta level, where they decide what is best for people they don't know, in circumstances he/she has probably never even imagined.

I really don't know how you manage to not think about what causes people to do 'bad' things though ssbm. For instance, this statement of yours: "A bully is someone who picks on/hurts another individual for no reason." Its so wrong on so many levels. Firstly, no one does anything for no reason. Everything someone does has a reason behind it, that's the way the world works, cause and effect. This is pretty obvious, so I'm guessing you're doing this for simplicity. This brings me to the second thing: If you purposefully ignore something for the sake of simplicity, you're not going to be successful in whatever implementation you have to solve a problem. Finally, by ignoring things and not even considering the most basic of human attributes, strongly implies you haven't bothered thinking very deeply about things.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #82
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

ssbmchamp: You've seemed to gain the ideology of a supporter of a tightly controlled, semi-terrorist dictatorship. We are the ones trying to make you understand that what you want is not right. And you should DEFINITELY listen to us in this regard because I don't want to live in such a nation with 350 million other people. If I ran a country like that, no one would listen to me AT ALL; rather, they would fear me and have me killed if they wanted to. Your ideologies are bullshit and you could get banned for what you have posted here. (I would not know for sure. I haven't seen anything like that on here.) Nice job comparing someone's parents to some leader of a run-down third world nation.

Everyone Else: I hope you stick it to him.

That aside, I think I can save this thread...

Quote:
I’m a self-entitled teenager w/no respect for authority. I’m also super smart, yet I have 3 'D’s' because I DON’T CARE.
This was the sign that people took pictures of and supposedly post on the internet for all their friends to laugh at...because some people outside of the internet are dumbasses. Then again, the same thing can be said about some people on this website.

The article makes mention that the family's had a hard time since the girl's uncle died in 2011 (R.I.P, whoever you are), which could have something to do with the girl's behaviour since losing him since the article makes mention that her behaviour seems to have gotten worse since he died.

Different kind of punishments must have been involved in-house before this one came along during those some 14 months. So yes, if your child does something that they aren't supposed to be doing at their age or at all, or that you find distasteful, punish them. But at the very least, keep it inside the house. Pro psychology right there amirite?

The title of the article says "Tough Love or Too Much?" I say that it's Incredibly Tough Love (damn near bordering on too much), because the whole idea of being a parent and taking care of the children that you raised...is that unless you have a different reason for it, everything you do for, with and to your child...you do because you love him or her as a member of your family...for which I assume this was done. I've always been asked how my days at school were; I've always been told that supper or dinner, depending on where you live, is ready; I've always been told that I have a curfew I have to follow on a school night; I've always been told if there was anything interesting that happened today...by my parents, because they love me, they care about me since I was raised by them from childhood to be an intelligent person. And if something goes wrong that embarassed me in public, it's not being done by my parents punishing me...it's because of something I did to myself, or maybe a practical joke played on by the school bully, perhaps? I tell them what happened and they comfort me with a good talk. And with that, I tend to feel better most of the time.

I find that it can be difficult to draw the line between "Tough Love" and "Too Much".
A regular punishment is Tough Love, enough said.
The guy who shot his daughter's laptop for posting a nasty essay about her parents? I can see how some would say that's tough love, but for me it's too fucking much.
The parents who punished their daughter by posting goofy shit on her page? It was dumb, considering what I think of Facebook and how often some people use it, but I got a chuckle out of it. That shows how creative punishments can be with some parents. It's definitely love, but I don't know if this would even classify as Grade-B Tough Love.

Might as well mention this: 5 reasons shame-based punishments are ineffective

ssbmchamp hasn't learned jack shit AND he made us take a detour. Now we're in a burning hot, barren desert a few hundred miles away from the road and I'm taking the role of the driver that's going to take us back there.

Also, this is sub-par parenting.

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 03-28-2013 at 04:07 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #83
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
Now we're in a burning hot, barren desert a few hundred miles away from the road and I'm taking the role of the driver that's going to take us back there.
Nick Skyline for FFR President.

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote