Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
Ruritsu to join in the safety-fest.
I hate it when people see me attack someone for doing something, then immediately put a "safety" on that person. Very suspicious behavior, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy
As far as suspects, anyone that admitted (prior to the day) to picking gun as their wolf pick is a good choice. At least for today it is.
I agree. Can someone compile a conclusive list of anyone who revealed their attack choice as gun? Odds are better that the wolf who got their wish is in that pool than our chances of picking a wolf day 1, I think. Statistically, chances of random picking a wolf aren't bad, but I know in the past that we never seemed to be able to meet our random chance probability in the middle... it was almost always a human dying day 1 in spite of random chance supposedly giving us more like 1/6 or greater chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy
I agree with afro that manti is trying to fly under the radar by giving incriminating information. Manti will probably be my vote but I still need to talk to people for now.
I think manti being highly active is worth more to us alive than dead. At least keep him alive long enough for a seering. In fact, I'd say we should kill the least active of the gun-killers, then immediately start seering the remaining ones, starting from most active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruritsu View Post
^Either A) Tell me how somebody could look closer and actually turn suspicion on me without me saying anything, B) Tell me what we could discuss that would make N1 relevant or C) Admit your reaction was baseless...

My saying N1 was irrelevant makes me no more or less suspicious than anybody else simply because its nothing more than stating what should've been obvious.

Further, although I hate safeting, safety on Red herring for lack of something better to do.
Well then, you got awfully defensive, didn't you?

Then you ended your post with a vote, although surprisingly it was not a revenge vote on me. But it was a wasted vote nonetheless. Very suspicious, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
just re-read the thread and saw that the claims of wolfing gun were made before day phase -.-

changing safety to manti even though somone already has until something better comes up.
holy **** you are ****ing dumb

You do not "safety" vote for:

#1: a vet who might actually be lynched
#2: a vet who might be a wolf
#3: a vet who already has been voted on

You shouldn't safety vote at ALL. If you think manti should be lynched, man the **** up and say so. Don't hide behind bull**** "safety" lines. And especially if you're saying "until something better comes up". This says that you'll be available to switch your vote later. So why put on manti in the first place? Jesus monkey balls.

And why would you want manti killed? Because he's the most active among the openly suspicious persons? Targeting the MOST ACTIVE person for being MOST ACTIVE is wolfy behavior, man.

ps before anyone says anything about my vote: it was a joke. I called the dude a dyke and blatantly said it was a revenge vote. I've got every intention of voting for someone else, and actually, I'm thinking Bolth mannn will work well if I'm not around when a conclusive list of gun-killers comes up. And unlike some of you other ****s, I haven't got much confidence that I'll be around tomorrow to change it again. When is day's end? I'll probably be sleeping again by noon EST.
Old 09-8-2009, 05:03 AM   #82
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Hi. I haven't posted yet.

What We Know: Manti's wolf target was Gun. Immediately after Gun has been wolfed, Temote comes out right away and reveals to the thread that both he and Manti have targeted Gun.

Analysis: Let me begin by breaking down the post he made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temote View Post
Freaky asked me to cancel my wolfing, and I said I would, but since you guys can't actually verify whether or not I did that, do what you will.
In this second part of his post, he let's the thread know that I told him to cancel his wolfing. However, just by reading this, you are not able to tell if he indeed canceled his wolfing or not.

Quote:
From this, both Manti and I should immediately be placed under suspicion.
However, in the first part of his post, he acknowledges that he is under suspicion. I see this as implying that he did not take off his wolfing on Gun like I asked him to. If indeed he had taken off his vote on Gun, he would not at all consider himself suspicious and cast everyone's attention immediately onto Manti alone since he knows he is innocent. He would also have made it clear in the thread that he had taken off his vote like I asked him to.

With all of that posted, I decided that if he indeed claimed that he had taken off the wolfing, he would be highly suspicious no doubt and a perfect lynch candidate for this phase. It was not made clear in the thread whether or not he took off the wolfing or not so I went and talked to him. He admitted that he did not take off his voting on Gun like I had asked him and his reason for doing so is shown below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temote's AIM log
[23:40] freakysnots: why didnt you cancel your wolfing
[23:40] freakysnots: after i told you to
[23:41] sumote: After thinking about it, I figured that if I ended up human and he died, I could at least put us both under the train. If I ended up wolf and he died, I could use your log to pull myself out of the fire.
His response is basically the reason why I do not think he is a wolf in this scenario. There would be no reason for him to be honest. in b4 reverse psychology

Old 09-8-2009, 05:46 AM   #83
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I don't think anyone has even looked at Temote. His genuine-ness came off as very real, while Manti's felt like he was going out of his way to be genuine and honest about his choice to pick gun for wolfing. He might have gone out of his way to appear extra human as a human as well, especially given that he's more established and more commanding of presence. I know Tass used to do that sort of thing all the time as a human: go out of his way to be REALLY human.

And can someone explain something to me? I was mostly joking when I said "who" when gun died, but why would as many people want to attack him? Is there something I'm not aware of? Looking especially for an explanation from the people who chose him personally.
Old 09-8-2009, 05:56 AM   #84
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Afro, let's talk on AIM one day.

Reason for Gun's death: someone not active dies instead of someone active.

school brb

Old 09-8-2009, 06:05 AM   #85
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakysnots View Post
Afro, let's talk on AIM one day.

Reason for Gun's death: someone not active dies instead of someone active.

school brb
So gun is known as an inactive player?

Then why would a wolf want him dead? Is this just a case of people not realizing that they SHOULD think as a wolf when choosing their wolf pick? I mean, your wolf pick DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL unless you're a wolf. It's not like everyone votes who to wolf and that person dies, only WOLVES get a vote on who gets killed. Therefore, your choice should be the person you want to die AS A WOLF, not who you want to die AS A HUMAN.
Old 09-8-2009, 06:07 AM   #86
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Yay no seer counterclaims...

I'm going to vote Temote.

He's on this list of suspects and I want Manti alive for a seering, at the very least.

Also, I'm not dead. Still active. Just may not be horribly active in regards to AIM. You can text my cell phone from AIM. To those who don't know and my offer for my number is still on the table.

As for the items... My guesses are along the lines of everyone else's.

Gun: vigi item
Camera: Find out the night activity of the target.
Light: Seer item or guard item.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 09-8-2009, 06:15 AM   #87
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
As for the items... My guesses are along the lines of everyone else's.

Gun: vigi item
Camera: Find out the night activity of the target.
Light: Seer item or guard item.
hmm i think that the light is a guard item...its like how security guards have torches when theyre doing theyre jobs (at night) so i believe it is more logical as a guard item.
Old 09-8-2009, 06:19 AM   #88
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

btw tass used to play this game? he should keep playing
Old 09-8-2009, 06:37 AM   #89
Viccica
FFR Player

I'm leaning more towards guard myself. Reason for this is going back to the basic idea of TWG.

In the dark of the night, a group of horrible monsters with bodies like that of a crossbread between wolf and behemoth wreak havok on a small town. Having to ability to maintain conscious thought, they have already chosen their victim for the night. Preparations were made to quickly dispose of their midnight meal, targetting solely their single, lone victim. The night of the kill: Amped up, bloodthirsty and ready for the kill, they seek out their unsuspecting victim. Upon arriving at their destination, they find that the lights in the house are on and there is movement inside. Not willing to risk exposing themselves to anyone, they decide the risk is far greater than the gain and, for one night, they go hungry.

/lolend

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 09-8-2009, 06:38 AM   #90
Viccica
FFR Player

Also, school time. Later, folks.

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 09-8-2009, 06:53 AM   #91
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Temp vote for Lito as I've been up all night and don't know when I'll fall asleep, and don't want any phantoms.

Also, because voting for myself would be stupid, and between Manti and Lito, Manti's already proving to be a more useful player in the event he's human.

Also, Afro, I picked Gun because (to me) I had to play it from the viewpoint of a lone wolf, not just a regular wolf. In general, targeting the less active players leaves the more active players to point fingers at pretty much everyone, and makes it easier to gather extra information about the other players, and since you have no one to fall back on, it's also better to pick someone who you can't have connections drawn to you.

Granted, this means I shouldn't have actually told Manti, but that's why I just gave him three names and left it to him to unjumble them.

(Manti said he picked Gun because he hates his style. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth
btw tass used to play this game?
I never thought I'd really say this during a TWG, but I hate you just a bit right now. x_x

As for items, I'm thinking the Light is probably a seering item (flashlight in the middle of a night kind of deal) and the camera is either a free psychic reading (recording the number of people still running from the Cloverfield monster) or some kind of a action revealing item like Vic said.
Old 09-8-2009, 07:01 AM   #92
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I never thought I'd really say this during a TWG, but I hate you just a bit right now. x_x
*is totally clueless*
somone help the poor noob out.
Old 09-8-2009, 07:13 AM   #93
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Tass is probably a bigger TWG star than Manti is. XD

Hell, just look at the History of TWG thread and see the very first game.
Old 09-8-2009, 02:48 PM   #94
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Lets see what i can do here.

On night one I got lists of wolvings from the following: (Player--Wolf target)

Sumote--Gun
Lito--Gun
Freaky--Fiction
Makilaz--Freaky
Iggy seeing as he posted temote in the thread, and myself.
We all know gun didn't target himself, and if you trust afrobean's statement at the beginning of the day that gives us half of the wolvings for night 1.

That said, out of the pool of 8, we know temote, lito and I all targeted him. I got a chance to actually talk to temote, and i thought that his willingness to come out right away and admit he targeted gun, as well as the fact that he admitted to not taking his vote off gun, makes him look pretty human.

A wolf would have said "yeah i took my vote off" or something, not admit he kept his vote and then proceed to create a potential cagefight.

For that reasoning I'm going to assume temote's a human for the moment.

Lito on the other hand, has been pretty inactive since the beginning of the day. I've been waiting to contact him on AIM for the past day and some, but he's not on at all.

So until I get a chance to talk to him, my vote's going to sit on lito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 09-8-2009, 02:57 PM   #95
RedHerring
FFR Player

I would prefer to lynch Ruritsu. He got a bit too defensive, despite the noly suspicion on him was a hunch.
Old 09-8-2009, 04:33 PM   #96
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

i thought i've already told you all IN MY PREVIOUS POST that i had formation and duty for the past 2 days and i try to get on as much as i can. what you're trying to me on my right now (manti) is that i intentionally kill gun and since i've been inactive, and obviously passive, i'm one to put the blame on right now. AND i've already said in my indicative post that if anything i wouldn't have chose to use any of the owers except seer and guard if i had known we didn't have to use all three.

also i thought it was already mentioned and proven that anything that happened during n1 shouldnt' have counted since we didn't even have our roles yet?

o. w8. dats rite. afro threw a fit about it. o silly willy me.

changed vote to manti. manti, no hard feelings, but i apparently have 3 votes on me for no logical reason, and i'm just making the KitB even. If both yours and Temote's vote gets off of me then I'll change my vote immediately to my previous safety (provided there isn't anymore information presented in the next few hours). also i'm on AIM right now, but i have an Airman's Time meeting in ~hour from now. i'll be able to talk afterwards as well.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 09-8-2009, 04:34 PM   #97
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

not to mention hey maybe you should talk some sense into the 2nd idiot that really voted for you because he's a moron cough cough not saying any names cough dumbass

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 09-8-2009, 04:50 PM   #98
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
actually, ruritsu, it did seem like that was what you were saying even though chances are you didn't really pick gun. Just don't say that pre-role night1 wolf choices don't matter because it's all we've got

as far as I'm concerned, everyone who openly admitted to picking gun as their n1 kill is trying to dodge a bullet and gain some sort of compensation for admitting it.

If this doesn't matter, as you say, it's only because there could be, say, one other person who voted for gun but had the brains to realize that admitting to it would hurt them more than not, regardless of their role. We only hope that that person, if he exists, isn't a wolf because we'd be wasting our time otherwise.

At the very least it'd be nice to have a psychic report confirming whether or not the wolves killed one of their own. I'm sure iggy will post it further down the line.
It being all that we have doesn't make it any more useful as information. Further, we don't really have anything, and thats all I'm trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro
Well then, you got awfully defensive, didn't you?

Then you ended your post with a vote, although surprisingly it was not a revenge vote on me. But it was a wasted vote nonetheless. Very suspicious, bro.
No, I didn't get defensive, I got annoyed that I had to spend the time typing out something that we should have all just accepted for the second time simply because you took it as means to pursue me. And, yes, I ended my post with a vote, and to be honest, I put no thought into it. I had to go (Hence no posts 'till now. Tended to business, went to sleep, and got home from school a while ago.) and I didn't know whether voting would end shortly, considering everyone's safetying, so, I made a safety to avoid a phantom. Sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring
I would prefer to lynch Ruritsu. He got a bit too defensive, despite the noly suspicion on him was a hunch.
"Defensive," is a word that should not be used when only arguing one's point, as I did. It is a word that should be used when arguing for one's life, which I didn't think I was gonna be doing at the time. I only flipped wig back because Afro didn't seem to get it.

For anyone else who wants to discuss my putting the kibosh on N1 talk, Lito put it nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lito
also i thought it was already mentioned and proven that anything that happened during n1 shouldnt' have counted since we didn't even have our roles yet?
This.
Old 09-8-2009, 05:40 PM   #99
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruritsu View Post
No, I didn't get defensive
Yes you did, and now you got defensive about being defensive.

And no, what happened night 1 SHOULD be up for discussion, because

#1: it is all we have
#2: it has given us a pool of people more likely to be a wolf than if we took the normal day 1 shot in the dark

That said I'm putting my vote to lito. Apologies, bro, but out of you or manti, manti should be kept alive until at least tomorrow.

ps what time does day end? Says today at 10 CST. Is that 9 EST?
Old 09-8-2009, 05:41 PM   #100
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Going with Lito because for once, Manti didn't die night one. And hey, he could actually be an asset to the game for once.